PDA

View Full Version : Passion of the Christ prequel: The Birth of the Christ

CoMoChief
01-30-2006, 05:56 AM
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/12/birth-of-the-christ.html

Gibson Plans Bloody "Passion" Prequel: The Birth of the Christ
By Brian Briggs and Francisco Rangel

Los Angeles, CA – Mel Gibson said he plans to produce and direct a prequel to "The Passion of the Christ" called "The Birth of the Christ."

Gibson said the film will concentrate on the last twelve hours of Mary's pregnancy from the start of labor pains to the two hours of "pushing" and even the delivery of the Holy placenta. He expects it to be as graphic and bloody as "Passion."

"People have many misconceptions about the birth of Jesus. They just get the pictures of Jesus wrapped up in the arms of Mary with wise men bearing gifts. I want to show the whole story," said Gibson.

Gibson has done years of research on Jesus's birth and said, "Scholars agree that Jesus had a big head as a baby, making for a long and painful labor. Mary suffered to bring us the Lord."

Scheduling may be difficult as Gibson hopes to use an actual birth for the film. "If it's not bloody enough, we can add that in with CGI," he said. Several stars including Naomi Watts and Charlize Theron agreed to get pregnant for the role if they were chosen. Gibson may also have conflicts with Lethal Weapon 5 which may delay production.

:LOL:

01-30-2006, 05:59 AM
Birth of Christ and Lethal Weapon 5. They put THAT in there for a reason didn't they.

CoMoChief
01-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Come on kcchiefsguru one more post you can do it.

01-30-2006, 06:06 AM

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to respond to ya for it. ROFL

keg in kc
01-30-2006, 06:14 AM
I wonder if it will be as bloody and realistic.

01-30-2006, 06:18 AM
I wonder if it will be as bloody and realistic.

That is what the article said.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-30-2006, 06:19 AM
"Scholars agree that Jesus had a big head as a baby, making for a long and painful labor. Mary suffered to bring us the Lord."

what?

keg in kc
01-30-2006, 06:19 AM
I'm sure it will be a movie with many layers. Like an onion.

01-30-2006, 06:22 AM
"Scholars agree that Jesus had a big head as a baby, making for a long and painful labor. Mary suffered to bring us the Lord."

what?

These days, that would result in a C-section.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-30-2006, 06:24 AM
excuse me, how would they know anything about the size of his head at birth

01-30-2006, 06:26 AM

you know scientists. They know everything.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-30-2006, 06:29 AM
scholars too I reckon

ROYC75
01-30-2006, 08:17 AM
I wonder if they need help getting them pregnant ?

I could live with being the 1st in line to offer services........

Rain Man
01-30-2006, 08:40 AM

Breathe! Breathe!

Rain Man
01-30-2006, 08:41 AM

I'll bet they can figure it out by looking at the image from the Shroud of Turin.

Raiderhater
01-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Let me get this straight, a couple of actresses have said they would get pregnant, not because they want a kid, but simply to get a role in a film?

Is it just me, or is that extremely f#cked up?

sexychiefschick
01-30-2006, 12:03 PM
When will that movie come out.

memyselfI
01-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Let me get this straight, a couple of actresses have said they would get pregnant, not because they want a kid, but simply to get a role in a film?

They are sacrificing themselves for the cause. Perfect martyrdom. :rolleyes:

ROYC75
01-30-2006, 12:05 PM

I offered my services...... what more can I say ?

Dunit35
01-30-2006, 12:05 PM
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2005/12/birth-of-the-christ.html

Gibson Plans Bloody "Passion" Prequel: The Birth of the Christ
By Brian Briggs and Francisco Rangel

Los Angeles, CA – Mel Gibson said he plans to produce and direct a prequel to "The Passion of the Christ" called "The Birth of the Christ."

Gibson said the film will concentrate on the last twelve hours of Mary's pregnancy from the start of labor pains to the two hours of "pushing" and even the delivery of the Holy placenta. He expects it to be as graphic and bloody as "Passion."

"People have many misconceptions about the birth of Jesus. They just get the pictures of Jesus wrapped up in the arms of Mary with wise men bearing gifts. I want to show the whole story," said Gibson.

Gibson has done years of research on Jesus's birth and said, "Scholars agree that Jesus had a big head as a baby, making for a long and painful labor. Mary suffered to bring us the Lord."

Scheduling may be difficult as Gibson hopes to use an actual birth for the film. "If it's not bloody enough, we can add that in with CGI," he said. Several stars including Naomi Watts and Charlize Theron agreed to get pregnant for the role if they were chosen. Gibson may also have conflicts with Lethal Weapon 5 which may delay production.

:LOL:

Get pregnant to make 15-20 million or more dollars. Why not?

Adept Havelock
01-30-2006, 12:06 PM
How do you say "Breath..Breathe" in Aramaic?

Raiderhater
01-30-2006, 12:10 PM
They are sacrificing themselves for the cause. Perfect martyrdom. :rolleyes:

Bullshit, they are sacraficing themselves and the potential kids for a big movie role. I garundamntee you that action is not a part of the cause.

Pitt Gorilla
01-30-2006, 12:15 PM

I can't belive people are taking this seriously. Come on, people.

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2006, 12:18 PM
This article must be from a ripoff of "The Onion" type site?

Warrior5
01-30-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm throwing the challenge flag on this article.

If it does turn out to be true, I just lose a timeout.

Sully
01-30-2006, 12:50 PM
I already know how this one ends.

KcMizzou
01-30-2006, 12:52 PM
I can't belive people are taking this seriously. Come on, people.Yeah... BBspot is a humor/satire web site.

Bowser
01-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Next up after "The Birth of Christ", Gibson plans on doing a documentary about Ghandi and how he was the first of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse".

chefsos
01-30-2006, 01:13 PM
This article must be from a ripoff of "The Onion" type site?
May I direct your attention to the understated brilliance of post #8? :) I'm sure it will be a movie with many layers. Like an onion.

Pitt Gorilla
01-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Note to self: ChiefsPlanet geiouses will believe anything.

Eleazar
01-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Note to self: ChiefsPlanet geiouses will believe anything.

No kidding. :shake:

C-Mac
01-30-2006, 03:51 PM

These "scholars" cant even agree on what month he was born in yet they agree he had a big head.
ROFL