PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 players in upcoming draft

BigChiefFan
01-30-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm starting this thread to get an idea of who everybody thinks are the consensus top 25 players in the draft, so we will have an idea of the players that will be gone before we pick and who may or may not be available at 20.

Players that will be long gone...
(QB)Leinart, (HB)Bush, (QB)Young, (OT)Ferguson, (DT)Ngata, and (DE) M. Williams

Probably GONE before we pick at 20...
(DE)Hali, (LB)Hawk, (HB) Deangelo Williams, (LB) Ryans (OG) Max Jean-Giles, (OT)Justice, (LB)Greenway, (CB)J. Williams, (QB)Cutler

Possibility of being there...(DT) Watson, (HB) Maroney, (HB) White, (WR) Holmes, (TE) V. Davis, (DE) Kiwi, (DT) Harris, (C) Mangold...

Thoughts?

MOhillbilly
01-30-2006, 01:18 PM
i hope we take either one of the Winston OT in the first. Or any OT whos of merit to be taken at 20.

Tribal Warfare
01-30-2006, 01:23 PM
You forgot Micheal Huff

Miles
01-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Huff in the probably gone category

I would put Cutler, Hawk, D. Williams, and V. Davis in the long gone category.

A few I think fit in that last group would be Marcus McNeill, Ko Simpson, and Bunkley. As of now I don't think Harris and Mangold are top 25.

BigChiefFan
01-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Huff in the probably gone category

I would put Cutler, Hawk, D. Williams, and V. Davis in the long gone category.

A few I think fit in that last group would be Marcus McNeill, Ko Simpson, and Bunkley. As of now I don't think Harris and Mangold are top 25. I would say Mangold is definitely top 25. He's the BEST Center in the draft and he was dominate at the Senior Bowl. Center is typically not a high draft pick, but he's a quality player in my book.

Harris is slated as being better than Bunkley in some people's slotting.

I agree McNeill COULD be in the running, but his stock is dropping.

Miles
01-30-2006, 02:28 PM
I would say Mangold is definitely top 25. He's the BEST Center in the draft and he was dominate at the Senior Bowl. Center is typically not a high draft pick, but he's a quality player in my book.

Harris is slated as being better than Bunkley in some people's slotting.

I agree McNeill COULD be in the running, but his stock is dropping.

Good point on Mangold. It will be interesting to see how much the senior bowl moved him up but I don't think he will be a first rounder yet.

Chiefnj
01-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Guys who could go top 20 (excuse the spelling)

QB: Leinert, Young, Cutler (3)
HB: Bush, L White, Moroney, Williams (4)
TE: Davis, Pope (2)
WR:??
OT: Brick (1)
DE: Williams, Kiwi, Hali (3)
DT: Ngata (1)
LB: Hawk, Greenway, Ryans (3)
DB: Williams, Huff, Simpson (3).

Teams should basically set their charts right now. The only thing that is going to change is hype from the combine where certain guys are going to test well. Kiwi's stock will rise above Hali's when he runs a faster 40.

At 20 KC should have a decent shot at an OT or DB. The problem is that none of them have set themselves apart from the rest.

BigChiefFan
01-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Huff is slated by most to be a top 20 player, but with him being a tweener, I was hesistant to put him on my board as a top 20 player.