View Full Version : Jets new OC-espn

Wile_E_Coyote
01-30-2006, 02:25 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=30575

just started thread at ganggreen

Simplex3
01-30-2006, 02:26 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

They're screwed and they don't even know it yet.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Rausch
01-30-2006, 02:29 PM
This might be the worst offseason in Jets history...

Wile_E_Coyote
01-30-2006, 02:31 PM
all they have left to draw on his pic is the glasses& horns
http://www.chargers.com/images/COA_Schottenheimer_Brian.jpg

EDIT: trying to post this pic either shut down the board or got me baned for 15 minutes :(

BigChiefFan
01-30-2006, 02:32 PM
The QB coach that started coaching with us?

Rain Man
01-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Wow.

Wow.

(Thinking about it again.)

Wow.

He only got hired in the first place because he was the coach's son. And now he's suddenly got credibility because he's the coach's son? Maybe they should find some descendent of Vince Lombardi to hire as head coach.

ROYC75
01-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Look for them to draft a HB, a FB, and then some more.

Dave Lane
01-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Look for them to draft a HB, a FB, and then some more.

Whats Donnell Bennets phone number?

Dave

tyton75
01-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Someone better get Bam Morris outta the clink...

Bob Dole
01-30-2006, 02:57 PM
If you really want to stir them up, you could point out that he was one of the guys responsible for making Elvis Grbac what he is today.

SPchief
01-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Is Kimble Anders still around??

Wile_E_Coyote
01-30-2006, 02:59 PM
didn't he learn under Hacket as OC

el borracho
01-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Sooooooo... who are the J E T S coaching staff so far?

Amnorix
Good stuff. Confusion to the enemy!!

alpha_omega
I haven't looked at our schedule for 06, but i sure hope the Jets are on it.

Rain Man
01-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Doesn't Bill Parcells have a couple of daughters? Maybe they can hire one of them to coach special teams.

FringeNC
01-30-2006, 03:03 PM
The Jets can only hope Cam Cameron was a good mentor. He certainly didn't learn any offense from Marty or Jimmy.

jAZ
01-30-2006, 03:04 PM
I think I just heard an update on ESPN radio saying that Brian was named to run the Jets offense.

If that's true, that's kinda cool.

Rain Man
01-30-2006, 03:08 PM
I think I just heard an update on ESPN radio saying that Brian was named to run the Jets offense.

If that's true, that's kinda cool.

I know that it makes me happy. :)

FringeNC
01-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Jets hire Schottenheimer as offensive coordinator
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com
click this

The New York Jets' search for an offensive coordinator has ended, as ESPN.com has learned that the team has hired San Diego quarterbacks coach Brian Schottenheimer, the son of Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer.

Schottenheimer, 32, interviewed last week for the key position on first-year coach Eric Mangini's staff, and was said by league insiders to have been extremely impressive in his presentation. The addition of Schottenheimer certainly continues a trend of sorts toward youth on the Jets staff, as Mangini is just 35 years old.

The younger Schottenheimer essentially replaces Mike Heimerdinger, who was released by the Jets from the final two years of his contract, so that he could rejoin the staff of the Denver Broncos, for whom he previously worked.

The Jets had interviewed several candidates for the coordinator post and it is believed that Schottenheimer won out over Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmur. The Jets also spoke with former Cleveland Browns head coach Chris Palmer, who on Monday accepted a position on the Dallas Cowboys' staff.

The offensive coordinator job is critical for any franchise of course, but it figures to be especially crucial for the Jets. There is uncertainty involving the quarterback position, as Chad Pennington continues his rehabilitation from a second shoulder surgery, and might not be ready for training camp. Star tailback Curtis Martin will turn 33 in May and his productivity was dramatically diminished in 2005. And the offensive line unit showed too much age last season and needs to be revamped.

A former college quarterback at Kansas and the University of Florida, Schottenheimer has been in the league for seven seasons. He joined the St. Louis Rams' staff for the 1997 season, coached at Kansas City in 1998, then went to the college level for two years at Syracuse (1999) and Southern California (2000).

After spending the 2001 season on his father's staff with the Washington Redskins, he followed the elder Schottenheimer to San Diego in 2002. Schottenheimer is said to have a very keen feel for the passing game, is good in mentoring quarterbacks, and was key to the development of Chargers' quarterback Drew Brees the last two seasons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2312351

Rain Man
01-30-2006, 03:12 PM
This whole situation makes me angry at the circumstances of my birth. I feel the same way about Prince Charles, but Prince Charles doesn't have sideline clearance.

Bowser
01-30-2006, 03:14 PM
The Jets fans seem suprisingly ambivelent about the hire.

Piper
01-30-2006, 03:15 PM
<sigh> Jet fan here.
I guess I can cling to the hope that he had something (anything) to do with Brees' development.

How that translates into creating an entire offense I can't come up with yet.

And I thought the old 'KC connection' (Bradway, Edwards, Hackett) was severed.

Bowser
01-30-2006, 03:20 PM
<sigh> Jet fan here.
I guess I can cling to the hope that he had something (anything) to do with Brees' development.

How that translates into creating an entire offense I can't come up with yet.

And I thought the old 'KC connection' (Bradway, Edwards, Hackett) was severed.

Apparently not.

I might be mistaken, but I think Brian coached under Spurrier for a year at Florida. Given that and what San Diego has been running, you might be looking at a wide open offense.

You think Bradway will trade your picks for LaDanian Tomlinson? :)

Rain Man
01-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Brian Schottenheimer would be worthy of an interview for some sort of intern position. Is that what they're bringing him on for?

Lurch
01-30-2006, 03:36 PM
The Jets fans seem suprisingly ambivelent about the hire.

You wait until they dig. Heh. Wow.

Just wow. ROFL

Amnorix
01-30-2006, 03:52 PM
So here's the Jets OC situation:

1. want to keep Hermdinger, but he wants to bug out. After a few days of public embarrassment, the Jets let him out of his contract, and get no compensation for doing so.

2. The Jets are thinking about hiring old Pats TE coach Brian Davidson, who is the offensive line coach with the Browns (working for Romeo Crennell). Before they can make their move, the Browns promote Davidson to Asst. Head Coach as well, blocking the Jets completely.

3. Then they're reputedly interested in Chris Palmer, but he goes off to join Bill Parcells in Dallas.

4. The upshot of all this is that Penny, returning from a second bad shoulder situation, is learning his third or fourth offensive system since he was drafted in 2000.

With a head coach who spent one season as a very junior staff member on the offensive side of the ball, and has otherwise been nothing but a defense guy.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Wile_E_Coyote
01-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Martin is shot, Law wants PAID, Abraham wants PAID & the cap is busting/busted. Time to rebuild

Frankie
01-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Maybe he'll be good despite his last name. BTW, what's with the Jets' fixation with OCs with long German names? Sounds like a conspiracy I tell you.
:p

Sure-Oz
01-30-2006, 06:27 PM
The Jets Jets Jets are ****ed ****ed ****ed!!!!

Chiefaholic
01-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Shotty's resume...

2002-05 - Quarterbacks, San Diego Chargers
2001 - Quarterbacks, Washington Redskins
2000 - Wide Receivers, Syracuse University
1999 - Tight Ends, University of Southern California
1998 - Offensive Assistant-Quality Control, Kansas City Chiefs
1997 - Offensive Assistant, St. Louis Rams

They forgot to add...

2006 Jets OC
2007 towel boy for local Jr High

Coach
01-30-2006, 08:00 PM
Jets hire Schottenheimer as offensive coordinator

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

The New York Jets' search for an offensive coordinator has ended, as ESPN.com has learned that the team has hired San Diego quarterbacks coach Brian Schottenheimer, the son of Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer.

Schottenheimer, 32, interviewed last week for the key position on first-year coach Eric Mangini's staff, and was said by league insiders to have been extremely impressive in his presentation. The addition of Schottenheimer certainly continues a trend of sorts toward youth on the Jets staff, as Mangini is just 35 years old.

The younger Schottenheimer essentially replaces Mike Heimerdinger, who was released by the Jets from the final two years of his contract, so that he could rejoin the staff of the Denver Broncos, for whom he previously worked.

The Jets had interviewed several candidates for the coordinator post and it is believed that Schottenheimer won out over Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmur. The Jets also spoke with former Cleveland Browns head coach Chris Palmer, who on Monday accepted a position on the Dallas Cowboys' staff.

The offensive coordinator job is critical for any franchise of course, but it figures to be especially crucial for the Jets. There is uncertainty involving the quarterback position, as Chad Pennington continues his rehabilitation from a second shoulder surgery, and might not be ready for training camp. Star tailback Curtis Martin will turn 33 in May and his productivity was dramatically diminished in 2005. And the offensive line unit showed too much age last season and needs to be revamped.

A former college quarterback at Kansas and the University of Florida, Schottenheimer has been in the league for seven seasons. He joined the St. Louis Rams' staff for the 1997 season, coached at Kansas City in 1998, then went to the college level for two years at Syracuse (1999) and Southern California (2000).

After spending the 2001 season on his father's staff with the Washington Redskins, he followed the elder Schottenheimer to San Diego in 2002. Schottenheimer is said to have a very keen feel for the passing game, is good in mentoring quarterbacks, and was key to the development of Chargers' quarterback Drew Brees the last two seasons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2312351

Piper
01-31-2006, 10:26 AM
So here's the Jets OC situation:

1. want to keep Hermdinger, but he wants to bug out. After a few days of public embarrassment, the Jets let him out of his contract, and get no compensation for doing so.

2. The Jets are thinking about hiring old Pats TE coach Brian Davidson, who is the offensive line coach with the Browns (working for Romeo Crennell). Before they can make their move, the Browns promote Davidson to Asst. Head Coach as well, blocking the Jets completely.

3. Then they're reputedly interested in Chris Palmer, but he goes off to join Bill Parcells in Dallas.

4. The upshot of all this is that Penny, returning from a second bad shoulder situation, is learning his third or fourth offensive system since he was drafted in 2000.

With a head coach who spent one season as a very junior staff member on the offensive side of the ball, and has otherwise been nothing but a defense guy.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

1. You cannot get compensation for coordinators.
2. Davidson was hardly mentioned in the list of possibles
3. After what Palmer did in Houston, I say thank god we didn't hire him
4. Pennington is done.

The Bad Guy
01-31-2006, 11:34 AM
It's apparent that Mangini didn't learn a thing from BB when it comes to assistant coaches.

chiefqueen
01-31-2006, 12:29 PM
I haven't looked at our schedule for 06, but i sure hope the Jets are on it.

They're not........Miami is the only AFCE team we play.........the Faiduhs get to play the Jets

savedin79
01-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Thats a joke! Not qualified, just has a name.

David.
01-31-2006, 12:55 PM
ouch

poor bastards

Frankie
01-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Thats a joke! Not qualified, just has a name.
Many sons with no qualification get to hold high positions with their fathers' name. You see that elsewhere, say in politics, all the time....

Well,... at least... one time. ;)
:p