PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens in Denver

Hammock Parties
01-30-2006, 08:32 PM
:shake:

From the Mane -

Gary Miller from Channel 4 sports just had a report that TO and Drew R. were in Denver today and had meetings w/ Mike Shanahan. He had video of them walking together at the airport. Drew made some comment like maybe we'll be seeing you guys later. Uggggggggggg!!!

chief52
01-30-2006, 08:34 PM
I hope T.O. goes to Denver. He could help them win the Super Bowl...but odds are much better that he will totally destroy the team. He was treated with the utmost of respect in Philly and it was not good enough. How could Denver treat him any better?

Saulbadguy
01-30-2006, 08:34 PM
That would suck.

Sure-Oz
01-30-2006, 08:35 PM
I'd rather keep a possible playmaker like that out of Denver if possible. I think he knows if he ****s up there he is SOL on any longterm contract and big payday if he isn't already.

teedubya
01-30-2006, 08:36 PM
He was in town, trying out for the Colorado Crush.

Coach
Good. Hope that he destroys that organization, just like he did to Philly.

tk13
Next question!

Oh wait, wrong press conference. Bring it on I say.

Frazod
01-30-2006, 08:37 PM
TO has Broncos written all over him. :shake:

teedubya
01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Drew Rosenhaus is money, everything he touches turns to gold. [/commercial]

Hammock Parties
01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I fear this. I fear it greatly.

But it's better than them getting Ricky Williams.

Mecca
01-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Good. Hope that he destroys that organization, just like he did to Philly.

Yea, he really destroyed Philly when they came to Arrowhead. As he ran all over the field raping the defense over and over..........

FloridaChief
01-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Please oh please let the Broncos sign him...

Eleazar
01-30-2006, 08:40 PM
It sounds like it would suck, but at the same time he didn't bring a super bowl to Philadelphia when people said it was a sure thing. The team won without him all through the playoffs and lost with him in the Super Bowl. And both his previous teams were in ruins when he left.

Obviously that's an oversimplification, but he hasn't brought the Lombardi to any of his teams yet.

Mecca
01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Just what I want to see.........Moss and Owens both in our division.

Coach
01-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Yea, he really destroyed Philly when they came to Arrowhead. As he ran all over the field raping the defense over and over..........

Heh. I mean season-wise, as Philly crashed an burned since T.O. started going crazy.

johnson&surtain
01-30-2006, 08:43 PM
i hope that he doesn't do to the broncos because that will cause more problems for the chiefs.

chief52
01-30-2006, 08:45 PM
He has been the worst case of cancer to both the 49ers and the Eagles. Like I said earlier, how can the Broncos treat him better than Philly did? They can not. I hope he signs with Denver...

I would be a fool to say it is 100% positive. He could change and become a good team player and help them to great success. But the chances are much better that he will behave like he has with the 49ers and Eagles. 32 year old pros do not usually change suddenly. Chances are he will be a total cancer.

chief52
01-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Just what I want to see.........Moss and Owens both in our division.
Yes, Moss really turned the Raiders around....

Mecca
01-30-2006, 08:47 PM
He has been the worst case of cancer to both the 49ers and the Eagles. Like I said earlier, how can the Broncos treat him better than Philly did? They can not. I hope he signs with Denver...

I would be a fool to say it is 100% positive. He could change and become a good team player and help them to great success. But the chances are much better that he will behave like he has with the 49ers and Eagles. 32 year old pros do not usually change suddenly. Chances are he will be a total cancer.

But he'll be good for atleast a year with no issues. Even in Philly he went 1 year without causing any problems. I don't want to deal with the Broncos being 14-2 next year.

Nzoner
01-30-2006, 08:50 PM
But he'll be good for atleast a year with no issues. Even in Philly he went 1 year without causing any problems. I don't want to deal with the Broncos being 14-2 next year.

Let's not forget who'll be throwing to T.O.

DBroncos4life

But it's better than them getting Ricky Williams.
Williams will be ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B2chiefsfan

He's never had Jake throw to him........:p

Wa-Z
01-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I think we'll be alright.

Mecca
01-30-2006, 08:51 PM
If the Broncos get Owens then draft a legit RB, or sign one. This will be a horrid offseason.

chief52
01-30-2006, 08:52 PM

You might be right on the one year thing...but I really do not think he will be that big of a force. With an incentive laden contract he could be explosive, but I honestly do not think he can keep it under control. He has lost control.

chief52
01-30-2006, 08:53 PM
If the Broncos get Owens then draft a legit RB, or sign one. This will be a horrid offseason.

Doesn't take much to tip your apple cart...

tk13
01-30-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm not afraid. If we're going to cash in our chips on this offseason already we should just quit now. Every team is going to look better on paper, except maybe the Raiders. Just gotta improve our team along the way, we can compete. We'd still have the best QB, RB, and O-line in the division.

Bwana
01-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Sign him rat! The donks could use a little cancer and it may force numb nuts Carl to get another decent CB.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 08:58 PM

Unfortuneatly, I feel the same way.

We really dont need this shit. We are pretty close. Weve got a boatload of draft picks and good cap space. We dont need to take on this kind of destructive element to get us those 2 more wins we came up short on. Very unwise risk here if they are indeed going in this direction.

Hammock Parties
01-30-2006, 08:59 PM
I think you have to. It was clear against Pittsburgh your offense was lacking a playmaker.

Frazod
This actually worries me. The less character one has, the better they do in the Denver organization.

Mecca
I'm not afraid. If we're going to cash in our chips on this offseason already we should just quit now. Every team is going to look better on paper, except maybe the Raiders. Just gotta improve our team along the way, we can compete. We'd still have the best QB, RB, and O-line in the division.

This is the offseason that the Chiefs don't spend much money in......so I'll be heavily concerned if any team in our division makes major improvement.

BigChiefFan
01-30-2006, 09:00 PM
If they have to get Owens to improve their team than so-be-it. I can't say I would be thrilled by the move, but I think Owens is a dick and I would love to boo his ass. Him being a Bronco couldn't be more appropriate. Birds of a feather-LMAO!!!

HerculesRockefell
01-30-2006, 09:00 PM
It was clear against Pittsburgh your offense was lacking a playmaker.

and one on defense

JBucc
01-30-2006, 09:01 PM
If he thought Garcia was gay...

chief52
01-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Unfortuneatly, I feel the same way.

We really dont need this shit. We are pretty close. Weve got a boatload of draft picks and good cap space. We dont need to take on this kind of destructive element to get us those 2 more wins we came up short on. Very unwise risk here if they are indeed going in this direction.

If I were in your shoes I would totally agree. The Broncos are way to close to winning it all doing it "the right way". To take a gamble on T.O. at this point in the team's development is a very desperate move IMO.

Eleazar
01-30-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm not convinced he'll end up in Denver. Drew R and TO are the same people they were yesterday. He'll go to the highest bidder.

Reaper16
01-30-2006, 09:04 PM
If TO threw McNabb under the bus for not getting the ball to him, then he might physically choke Jake.

This move will be either one of two things:

1. Really bad for us/good for them

2. Provide an entertaining collapse of the Broncos that we can all take great pleasure in.

Hoover
01-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Um i don't like the thought of Plummer rolling out and throwing the bomb to Owens.

beer bacon
01-30-2006, 09:06 PM
It won't be long until Jake goes mountain man and kicks TO's ass out of Denver.

Hammock Parties
01-30-2006, 09:07 PM
I have the same feeling I had last year when the Raiders signed Moss. Now, that didn't really work out for the Raiders, but the Broncos are twice the organization and team that Oakland is.

JBucc
the Broncos are twice the organization and team that Oakland is.that's not saying much

Mecca
I hope you all are right, but I never want teams in the division to get premier players at any position.

chief52
Um i don't like the thought of Plummer rolling out and throwing the bomb to Owens.

But I love the thought of him going totally off and screaming at the rat on national television. The chances of that are much better IMO.

Eleazar
01-30-2006, 09:08 PM
I have the same feeling I had last year when the Raiders signed Moss. Now, that didn't really work out for the Raiders, but the Broncos are twice the organization and team that Oakland is.

True. Oakland could screw up a quarter into two nickels.

Denver, I'm not so sure.

CoMoChief
01-30-2006, 09:13 PM
I can't wait til he slams Jake Mistake Plummer week in and week out.

Reaper16
01-30-2006, 09:26 PM
that's not saying much
Yeah, two times zero is still zero. :)

Bowser
01-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Wow, I've forgotten all about TO since the Eagles suspended him.

teedubya
01-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Brokeback Jake rolls out in the bootleg... nails TO... deep in the rear...

...of the endzone... Touchdown...

Iowanian
01-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Jake Plummer is still throwing the rock in Dungver last time I checked.

Eat up that cap space, donkey biatches.

savedin79
01-30-2006, 09:58 PM
they can have him. (trouble)

B2chiefsfan
01-30-2006, 10:02 PM
The Donks sign TO.......forcing Carl to sign a stud CB and DE........TO blows out ACL during the preseason.............:hmmm:

chief4life
01-30-2006, 10:09 PM
acording to john clayton the 4 teams after him are the broncos, tampa bay, miami, and are you ready for this Kansas city Could Herm coach TO. I think he could hmmm :hmmm:

B2chiefsfan
01-30-2006, 10:11 PM
acording to john clayton the 4 teams after him are the broncos, tampa bay, miami, and are you ready for this Kansas city Could Herm coach TO. I think he could hmmm :hmmm:

That's scary in so many ways...........

ROYC75
01-30-2006, 10:15 PM

CP is driving up the price......... that's all.
ROFL

Taco John
01-30-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm not convinced he'll end up in Denver. Drew R and TO are the same people they were yesterday. He'll go to the highest bidder.

This is just my opinion... take it or leave it...

But if we get Owens, I'm guessing we'll pay him top dollar, making him the highest paid WR in the game. And that contract will be so full of behavioural clauses that if Owens even hock's a loogi in Plummer's direction down wind from him, he'll lose a huge chunk of it.

Personally, I think Terrell Owens would have made the difference on Sunday. We needed a big threat WR that could take pressure off Jake. We didn't have that, leaving Jake to do it all on his own. He did a valiant enough job, but he needs a receiver who can go the distance off a hot read. Owens is that type of receiver.

It's a dangerous prospect, but given Shanahan's past of taking Superbowl hungry veterans and turning them into Superbowl Champions, I think I could get used to the idea.

Hammock Parties
01-30-2006, 10:24 PM
T.O. would open up things for that running game too.

digi2fish
01-30-2006, 10:37 PM
no way
he should be a raider.

dj56dt58
01-30-2006, 10:39 PM
TO will be begging for McNabb once he plays for Plummer

TO:WHY THE **** DID YOU THROW IT TO THE OTHER TEAM?? THAT'S 4 TIMES TODAY BITCH! I WAS WIDE OPEN, AND YOU THREW IT TO THE DEFENSE FOR THE 4TH TIME IN A ROW GOD DAMMIT!!

TO proceeds to bitch slam Plummer

DomCasual
01-30-2006, 10:40 PM
But I love the thought of him going totally off and screaming at the rat on national television. The chances of that are much better IMO.
It would be the last time you'd see him on the Denver sideline. Shanahan doesn't have to answer to anyone. If he gambles with TO, you can be sure it will be a gamble he can afford to lose.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 10:45 PM
TO will be begging for McNabb once he plays for Plummer

TO:WHY THE **** DID YOU THROW IT TO THE OTHER TEAM?? THAT'S 4 TIMES TODAY BITCH! I WAS WIDE OPEN, AND YOU THREW IT TO THE DEFENSE FOR THE 4TH TIME IN A ROW GOD DAMMIT!!

TO proceeds to bitch slam Plummer
I might remind you that he only had 7 picks all of last year. He went the longest of any QB without a pick and is now in the top 5 for most pass attempts in a row without a pick.

Hammock Parties
01-30-2006, 10:47 PM
I might remind you that he only had 7 picks all of last year. He went the longest of any QB without a pick and is now in the top 5 for most pass attempts in a row without a pick.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Nzoner
01-30-2006, 10:59 PM

But if we get Owens, I'm guessing we'll pay him top dollar, making him the highest paid WR in the game. And that contract will be so full of behavioural clauses that if Owens even hock's a loogi in Plummer's direction down wind from him, he'll lose a huge chunk of it.

Personally, I think Terrell Owens would have made the difference on Sunday. We needed a big threat WR that could take pressure off Jake. We didn't have that, leaving Jake to do it all on his own. He did a valiant enough job, but he needs a receiver who can go the distance off a hot read. Owens is that type of receiver.

It's a dangerous prospect, but given Shanahan's past of taking Superbowl hungry veterans and turning them into Superbowl Champions, I think I could get used to the idea.

I barely glanced at the avatar and all the time reading this was thinking wtf is Delt smoking now.

alanm
01-30-2006, 11:03 PM
That would suck.No it wouldn't. He'll end up destroying that team. Just as he did San Fran and Philly. I can't think of a better team for him to be on.
:thumb:

Rausch
01-30-2006, 11:39 PM
If he thought Garcia was gay...

And if he was pissed because McNabb and Garcia were no Favre...

Dunit35
01-31-2006, 12:04 AM
I hope they don't sign T.O. Hes a playmaker on the field. Now off the field he's a complete waste.

Bugeater
01-31-2006, 12:13 AM
I'd rather not see him there.

Joe Seahawk
01-31-2006, 12:16 AM

Uh-OH.. Taco is drinking the T.O. Kool aid.. :shake:

Hammock Parties
01-31-2006, 12:18 AM
Uh-OH.. Taco is drinking the T.O. Kool aid.. :shake:

I can't ever remember Taco thinking anything the Donks did in the offseason was a negative.

Dunit35
01-31-2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah I would rather not see T.O. in a Donk uniform.

Nightwish
01-31-2006, 12:43 AM
I hope T.O. goes to Denver. He could help them win the Super Bowl...but odds are much better that he will totally destroy the team. He was treated with the utmost of respect in Philly and it was not good enough. How could Denver treat him any better?
I dunno. Philly had enough integrity as an organization to bench him for his antics. Somehow, I don't see the Broncos organization having that kind of integrity.

greg63
01-31-2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah I would rather not see T.O. in a Donk uniform.

Yup!

Taco John
01-31-2006, 01:51 AM
I can't ever remember Taco thinking anything the Donks did in the offseason was a negative.

Which move should I have? Maybe the Clarett move, but I've found that second guessing Shanahan's runningback moves isn't such a smart thing to do.

We really don't do too much stupid stuff in the offseason that doesn't have some sort of obvious upside... like hire 4-12 coaches...

Mecca
01-31-2006, 01:52 AM
No it wouldn't. He'll end up destroying that team. Just as he did San Fran and Philly. I can't think of a better team for him to be on.
:thumb:

I'm sure Owens gave McNabb that sports hernia.......the Eagles had alot more things contributing to their bad year than just Owens.

Miles
01-31-2006, 02:04 AM
I'm sure Owens gave McNabb that sports hernia.......the Eagles had alot more things contributing to their bad year than just Owens.

No kidding. They had an incredible amount of injuries. Only team I can think of that may of had more was Green Bay or NYJ.

tk13
01-31-2006, 02:05 AM
He might have caused it, he threw him under the bus pretty hard...

kcxiv
01-31-2006, 04:58 AM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.Yep, took trent green until his 30's to find them Nuts, now he is pretty good at it. Plummers problem was the same as trents early in his career, bad choices. Jake has cleaned it up. Will he make a mistake now and agian? sure. Trent does as well. Jake will only get better. I think Jake will be better next year.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2006, 05:02 AM
Yep, took trent green until his 30's to find them Nuts, now he is pretty good at it. Plummers problem was the same as trents early in his career, bad choices. Jake has cleaned it up. Will he make a mistake now and agian? sure. Trent does as well. Jake will only get better. I think Jake will be better next year.

Horrible comparison. Green had one bad season and has been paying for it ever since because some dumbasses can't see past it.

Miles
01-31-2006, 05:20 AM
Horrible comparison. Green had one bad season and has been paying for it ever since because some dumbasses can't see past it.

No shit. A season of playing with a lead on a great rushing team doesnt negate eight years of being a mistake prone QB. Especially when that mistake prone QB shows up in the AFC championship game.

Doesnt really compare to a second season starting QB that doenst make the best decesions with a new team.

beer bacon
01-31-2006, 06:04 AM
If Shanny signs TO, and then TO turns into a cancer, Shanny will just throw a thunderbolt at him.

Rausch
01-31-2006, 06:11 AM
Which move should I have? Maybe the Clarett move, but I've found that second guessing Shanahan's runningback moves isn't such a smart thing to do.

We really don't do too much stupid stuff in the offseason that doesn't have some sort of obvious upside... like hire 4-12 coaches...

Bitch, HE'S GERMAN! :cuss:

htismaqe
01-31-2006, 07:09 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what "Superbowl hungry veterans" Shanahan single-handedly turned into champions.

Last time I checked, Shanahan rode to his championships on the back of ole Horseface and hasn't won anything since.

King_Chief_Fan
01-31-2006, 07:12 AM
I dunno. Philly had enough integrity as an organization to bench him for his antics. Somehow, I don't see the Broncos organization having that kind of integrity.

I agree. Thoses crazy donk fans think that Shanahan will bring down the wrath if TO pulls the same antics as he did in Philly. No way.... any organzation that brings TO in at this point is pretty low to begin with. TO will own Shanahan and the gang. Shanahan being TO's bitch brings smiles.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what "Superbowl hungry veterans" Shanahan single-handedly turned into champions.

Neil Smith?

King_Chief_Fan
01-31-2006, 07:17 AM

How damn funny you are. You are kidding.
If McNabb pisses the guy off, I can see TO cleaning Jakes clock.
Your contraact stipulations are ridiculous.

jspchief
01-31-2006, 07:40 AM
I don't give a shit if TO goes to the broncos. It's not going to have any bearing on whether the Chiefs are good or not. If KC is for real, it's going to be about what their can players do, not what their opponents' players can do. Besides, you'll never convince me that a WR is going to bring any team a championship.

I look forward to him destroying their chemistry. Bronco fans can dismiss it with their "we'll have behavior clauses in the contract" bullshit, but those clauses aren't going to undo the damage he does. When they lose their "missing link to the Superbowl" in week 11 to those clauses, they're still going to have a mess, and they'll be short a WR.

And I don't believe for one second that TO will learn his lesson. He's incapable. That's what makes him such a f*cking disaster to begin with. He simply doesn't get it.

Shanahan believing he can succeed where two other teams failed reeks of the same arrogance that caused him to take Maurice Clarrett in the 4th round. Two teams have already figured out that all of Owens' amazing football talent doesn't offset what he does to the team's psyche. I look forward to Denver discovering the same thing.

phxchief
01-31-2006, 08:29 AM
Whoever doesn't know history is doomed to repeat it.

Good luck, Taco Jill.

phisherman
01-31-2006, 08:53 AM
i'd be more worried as a chiefs fan if the broncos actually got a RB that could scare teams and take the pressure off of jake the fake

bp

old_geezer
01-31-2006, 09:11 AM
I haven't read through all the replys to see if this has already been said but;

TO will fit in quite nicely at Denver. There's always room for one more jackass in Donkeyland.

KCTitus
01-31-2006, 09:18 AM

Umm, didn't the Broncos hire a 4-12 OC? I think I heard that right.

Extra Point
01-31-2006, 09:19 AM
You left out a few r's in your sentence.........

jspchief
01-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Umm, didn't the Broncos hire a 4-12 OC? I think I heard that right.owned

CosmicPal
01-31-2006, 09:34 AM
Umm, didn't the Broncos hire a 4-12 OC? I think I heard that right.

Not really. Heimerdinger is going to be the Assistant Head Coach. They moved their offensive line coach into the Offensive Coordinator role.

KCTitus
01-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Not really. Heimerdinger is going to be the Assistant Head Coach. They moved their offensive line coach into the Offensive Coordinator role.

Ok. So, did the broncos do something stupid like hire a 4-12 coach or not?

beer bacon
01-31-2006, 09:40 AM

Like Saunders in Washington, he was given a different title, but will be doing the duties of the typical offensive coordinator. From what I have heard, Heimerdinger is going to be allowed to make the offense playcalls during the game. That is something Kubiak was never allowed to do.

DJJasonp
01-31-2006, 09:45 AM
I kind of hope Denver signs TO....since he has a strange resemblance to my most hated player of all time (Shanon Sharpe)....it will be like 1995 all over again!

Now, if TO could learn to speak like a 1st grader with applesauce in his mouth, the Sharpe resemblance would be complete!

F the Broncos.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 09:48 AM
Well...lets clear the air

TO didn't destroy the niners...their cheap skate owner did...yeah that's right...he hired Eriksson to coach his team. He had words in the media for Jeff Garcia....but that was it.

Philly - he got them to a 4th NFC Championship with his play during the season...got injured...came back for the Super Bowl and played his ass off while his QB was dogging it in the 4th quarter. That team fell off the map this season because of an improved division and an injured QB. All that other stuff was Espin created hype and the Eagles were stupid for kicking him off the team...but even if they hadn't done so...the Eagles were destined to lose this season because McNabb would go down the next week.

We need a game breaker on offense....this guy is a game breaker.

KCTitus
01-31-2006, 09:50 AM
That team fell off the map this season because of an improved division and an injured QB. All that other stuff was Espin created hype and the Eagles were stupid for kicking him off the team...but even if they hadn't done so...the Eagles were destined to lose this season because McNabb would go down the next week.

We need a game breaker on offense....this guy is a game breaker.

He started causing trouble before TRAINING CAMP and the team was in disarray. Yeah, he gave them one good year.

jspchief
01-31-2006, 09:51 AM
Well...lets clear the air

TO didn't destroy the niners...their cheap skate owner did...yeah that's right...he hired Eriksson to coach his team. He had words in the media for Jeff Garcia....but that was it.

Philly - he got them to a 4th NFC Championship with his play during the season...got injured...came back for the Super Bowl and played his ass off while his QB was dogging it in the 4th quarter. That team fell off the map this season because of an improved division and an injured QB. All that other stuff was Espin created hype and the Eagles were stupid for kicking him off the team...but even if they hadn't done so...the Eagles were destined to lose this season because McNabb would go down the next week.

We need a game breaker on offense....this guy is a game breaker.So you're basically saying that the Niners and the Eagles were duped into getting rid of Owens by ESPN?

Stop and think. Two teams have already determined that his incredible football talent doesn't offset his baggage.

That's ok. I'm sure you guys can make a star out of Clarrett too. Nothing like ignoring what's right in front of your face.

Brock
01-31-2006, 09:51 AM
If he didn't like playing with Donovan McNabb, he's going to LOVE Jake the Fake.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 09:58 AM

Dennison will coach the running game and Heimerdinger will coach the passing game.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:05 AM
So you're basically saying that the Niners and the Eagles were duped into getting rid of Owens by ESPN?

Stop and think. Two teams have already determined that his incredible football talent doesn't offset his baggage.

That's ok. I'm sure you guys can make a star out of Clarrett too. Nothing like ignoring what's right in front of your face.

Whoaa

TO was denied leaving the Niners or his own because his agent "didn't file" paperwork to be an UFA. That's when they were even able to trade him. Bottom line...the Niners couldn't pay him

The Eagles shit was all a function of Espin running the stories and asking TO questions non-stop. They suspended Owens when a former member of the team started a fight with him in the locker room.

Look...Owens might not be the greatest teammate out there...he may be the worst....but the media created stigma people like to push lacks credibility and it's just not fair. The guy wanted to get paid more money for putting up in the Super Bowl while his QB couldn't get up the energy to get to the LOS in the 4th quarter. Nobody wants to talk about that....but it's the reason McNabb got all defensive. Thank about it

Brock
01-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Whoaa

TO was denied leaving the Niners or his own because his agent "didn't file" paperwork to be an UFA. That's when they were even able to trade him. Bottom line...the Niners couldn't pay him

Are you nuts? He broke ranks on national television. He tunnelled his QB at every opportunity. With BOTH teams. This is a pattern.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:07 AM
If he didn't like playing with Donovan McNabb, he's going to LOVE Jake the Fake.

Look at the AFC Championship game Jake Plummer was still fighting a lost cause...With the World Championship in hand McNabb wouldn't even hurry to the LOS.

Brock
01-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Look at the AFC Championship game Jake Plummer was still fighting a lost cause...With the World Championship in hand McNabb wouldn't even hurry to the LOS.

Interesting rewrite of history. Whatever, dude. I'm glad he's going to be YOUR problem.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Are you nuts? He broke ranks on national television. He tunnelled his QB at every opportunity. With BOTH teams. This is a pattern.

At every opportunity? Come on. He was cool with McNabb until McNabb didn't fight at the highest level. Nobody wants to talk about how McNabb dogged it in the 4th quarter against the Pats...nobody. Not even Limbaugh. If I were TO...I would be upset too. I wouldn't have approached it in the manner he did...but his anger was rightous IMO.

He didn't dog Steve Young....and really what did he say about Garcia? He said he might be gay...but he was an Eagle by then.

If he comes to Denver...I'm going to give him the chance.

jspchief
01-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Whoaa

The Eagles shit was all a function of Espin running the stories and asking TO questions non-stop. They suspended Owens when a former member of the team started a fight with him in the locker room.

Look...Owens might not be the greatest teammate out there...he may be the worst....but the media created stigma people like to push lacks credibility and it's just not fair. The guy wanted to get paid more money for putting up in the Super Bowl while his QB couldn't get up the energy to get to the LOS in the 4th quarter. Nobody wants to talk about that....but it's the reason McNabb got all defensive. Thank about itIf you're trying to claim the Niners wanted to keep Owens, but didn't simply because of price, you're kidding yourself. San Francisco was tired of his shit and regardless of his contract status when he left, they didn't want him on their team anymore.

And you think the Eagles are getting rid of him because of ESPN spin/hype? If he was so nails in the Superbowl for Philly, why are they letting him go?

jspchief
01-31-2006, 10:15 AM
At every opportunity? Come on. He was cool with McNabb until McNabb didn't fight at the highest level. Nobody wants to talk about how McNabb dogged it in the 4th quarter against the Pats...nobody. Bullshit.

When TO went down with his injury, McNabb made a perfectly reasonable comment about confidence in his team's ability to win games without Owens. TO responded by acting like a spoiled child.

And I'm curious, while Owens was putting on his godlike Superbowl performance, and McNabb was curled up in the fetal position, who was throwing the ball?

Brock
01-31-2006, 10:17 AM
He didn't dog Steve Young....and really what did he say about Garcia? He said he might be gay...but he was an Eagle by then.

ROFL

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- With his impending free agency more than a month away, Terrell Owens has not shied away from answering questions about his thoughts concerning the San Francisco 49ers and teammate Jeff Garcia.

On his official Web site, Owens said that he would rather play alongside a better quarterback on another team, The San Jose Mercury News reported.

A fan asked him what he thought was Garcia's biggest weakness: inaccurate passes, checking down to a secondary receiver too quickly or scrambling too often.

"All of the above!'' Owens answered. "Hey, I can tell you are a fan and really watch the game, because you're right on point.''

Owens generally replied to fans concerning the team's quarterback situation by saying that he would consider staying with the team if a quarterback like backup Tim Rattay or someone like him were the starter. And he constantly emphasized that he wanted to play with a good quarterback and with a team that would win a Super Bowl.

He also answered one fan by saying he's willing to work out a contract if the 49ers could get a quarterback that could match his skills as a receiver and that "a receiver is only as good as his quarterback."

He also poked fun at Garcia's arrest for driving under the influence, saying that if the quarterback came to his Super Bowl party he would dispatch a limousine to make sure Garcia got home safely.

According to police records released Thursday, the quarterback's blood-alcohol level was almost three times the legal limit.

"Everybody wants to criticize me for this and that, but have I represented the 49ers in that fashion? Nope -- I don't think so! I'm not the problem, I'm the answer! If I can't get a QB to help us win the Super Bowl, I won't be back!''

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:17 AM
And you think the Eagles are getting rid of him because of ESPN spin/hype? If he was so nails in the Superbowl for Philly, why are they letting him go?

Because the coach, Banner, and QB doesn't want him there....but there are members of the team that still want him there. I think the Espin played a key role in helping it spin out of control for the Eagles. He was nails in the Super Bowl...but when it got down to crunch time...McNabb..was absent in the context of the moment...nobody wants to talk about it. At all...and especially Espin after the Limbaugh comments about McNabb.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:20 AM
Bullshit.

When TO went down with his injury, McNabb made a perfectly reasonable comment about confidence in his team's ability to win games without Owens. TO responded by acting like a spoiled child.

And I'm curious, while Owens was putting on his godlike Superbowl performance, and McNabb was curled up in the fetal position, who was throwing the ball?
Then you don't remember Super Bowl 39...McNabb...clearly in a hurry up situation was dogging it on the field moving slow and throwing half witted passes. Nobody said TO was putting on a godlike performance...however..without him the Pats probably would have blown out the Eagles...think about it.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:21 AM
ROFL

Well...I'll give him this...he didn't lie.ROFL

KCTitus
01-31-2006, 10:22 AM
You're right Rattay would have been much better...

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Interesting rewrite of history. Whatever, dude. I'm glad he's going to be YOUR problem.

What do you mean?

the McNabb aspect? He was totally doggin it in the 4th quarter of Super Bowl 39...it's fact...but nobody wants to talk about it.

jspchief
01-31-2006, 10:25 AM
Because the coach, Banner, and QB doesn't want him there....but there are members of the team that still want him there. I think the Espin played a key role in helping it spin out of control for the Eagles. He was nails in the Super Bowl...but when it got down to crunch time...McNabb..was absent in the context of the moment...nobody wants to talk about it. At all...and especially Espin after the Limbaugh comments about McNabb.I'm not sure how McNabb's choke job excuses Owens' antics. Regardless of the media attention McNabb did or didn't get, Owens was still over the line. There's this whole thing about chemistry and teamwork and not calling your teammates out that a lot of proefessional sports franchises think is instrumental to success.

Like I said, Philly weighed Owens act versus his on field production, and even though that production is undeniable, they determined it wasn't worth it.

If you think McNabb was a deserving goat, what do you think Owens would have had to say about Plummer's 4 turnovers in the AFC championship game? Plummer would have been absolutely crucified.

Sometimes the talent just isn't worth it.

Skip Towne
01-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Donkey spin is amazing. Hey, Garcia, spin TO's Dallas performance for us.

Brock
01-31-2006, 10:29 AM
What do you mean?

the McNabb aspect? He was totally doggin it in the 4th quarter of Super Bowl 39...it's fact...but nobody wants to talk about it.

So based on McNabb's performance in one game, Owens was willing to trash his quarterback, his coaches, and his career the very next season?

Give it a rest, man. The guy is a complete flake, and he has shown he hasn't the capability to change.

Good luck with that.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure how McNabb's choke job excuses Owens' antics. Regardless of the media attention McNabb did or didn't get, Owens was still over the line. There's this whole thing about chemistry and teamwork and not calling your teammates out that a lot of proefessional sports franchises think is instrumental to success.

Like I said, Philly weighed Owens act versus his on field production, and even though that production is undeniable, they determined it wasn't worth it.

If you think McNabb was a deserving goat, what do you think Owens would have had to say about Plummer's 4 turnovers in the AFC championship game? Plummer would have been absolutely crucified.

Sometimes the talent just isn't worth it.

The difference between Plummer and McNabb...is Plummer will take the blame. Again...I don't excuse Owens "antics" and you're right about him being wrong to call out his teammates..but I'll point out that nobody wants to talk about McNabb doggin it in the 4th quarter of that Super Bowl while Owens caught over 100 yards worth on an 8 week old broken ankle. If I were him...I would have been pissed too.

Of course people think Manning called out his o-line after they lost to pittsburg...which he clearly didn't. He told the truth about their aspect of play..and it was Espin trying to claim otherwise.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Donkey spin is amazing. Hey, Garcia, spin TO's Dallas performance for us.

It was a classic celebration. I didn't see a problem with it. If you don't want the guy to exercise his consititutionally protected right of free expression after a touchdown....don't let him in the endzone.

jspchief
01-31-2006, 10:35 AM
It was a classic celebration. I didn't see a problem with it. If you don't want the guy to exercise his consititutionally protected right of free expression after a touchdown....don't let him in the endzone.Big suprise. A denver fan defending a classless act.

And I'm pretty sure the constitution doesn't protect anyone's right to touchdown celebrations.

Skip Towne
01-31-2006, 10:36 AM
It was a classic celebration. I didn't see a problem with it. If you don't want the guy to exercise his consititutionally protected right of free expression after a touchdown....don't let him in the endzone.
Hahahahahaha! What reasoning!!!!!

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:37 AM
So based on McNabb's performance in one game, Owens was willing to trash his quarterback, his coaches, and his career the very next season?

It does not...while I don't exactly agree that is what he did....but nobody wants to point a finger at McNabb and his less than enthusiastic play in the BIGGEST GAME OF HIS LIFE. I couldn't believe it as I watched it...he McNabb was in the biggest game any football player could be in after being 1 game away for 4 straight years and he couldn't even get to the LOS in proper fashion to save time the Eagles sorely needed to win the game. It was pathetic.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:38 AM
Hahahahahaha! What reasoning!!!!!

hehe...I felt like it was a half-hearted attemp...much like McNabb's performance in the 4th quarter of Super Bowl 39.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:41 AM
Big suprise. A denver fan defending a classless act.

And I'm pretty sure the constitution doesn't protect anyone's right to touchdown celebrations.

You're such a numbskull ...it was a joke...but I bet the argument could be made that it does indeed protect it. I leave that to some else though

jspchief
01-31-2006, 10:41 AM
It does not...while I don't exactly agree that is what he did....but nobody wants to point a finger at McNabb and his less than enthusiastic play in the BIGGEST GAME OF HIS LIFE. I couldn't believe it as I watched it...he McNabb was in the biggest game any football player could be in after being 1 game away for 4 straight years and he couldn't even get to the LOS in proper fashion to save time the Eagles sorely needed to win the game. It was pathetic.Why do you keep deflecting to McNabb as if it excuses Owens? No one gives a f*ck about McNabb. He's not a FA, or on the trading block. He wasn't in Denver with his agent. And he's not a world class dick that has managed to make his attitude the anchor that hinders his own success.

McNabb didn't play well in the Superbowl. And Terrell Owens is still a locker room cancer that doesn't understand the concept of team or sportsmanship.

Archie Bunker
01-31-2006, 10:45 AM
This spin job rates right up there with the "Giants didn't beat the Broncos" argument from earlier this year.

Baby Lee
01-31-2006, 10:47 AM
TO wouldn't have grabbed either of those first play from scrimmage INTs Plummer threw right at the defender. He also wouldn't have stopped Plummer's fumbles.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Why do you keep deflecting to McNabb as if it excuses Owens? No one gives a f*ck about McNabb. He's not a FA, or on the trading block. He wasn't in Denver with his agent. And he's not a world class dick that has managed to make his attitude the anchor that hinders his own success.

McNabb didn't play well in the Superbowl. And Terrell Owens is still a locker room cancer that doesn't understand the concept of team or sportsmanship.

The reason I bring it up is to say that you can't throw it all on Owens despite what Espin will have you believe. If he comes to Denver....I like our chances in the passing game to kick the living shit out of everybody that comes to Mile High. The "world class dick" part of your argument is valid...but you can't point the finger at just Terrell Owens...McNabb is part of that as well because he started it.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:49 AM
This spin job rates right up there with the "Giants didn't beat the Broncos" argument from earlier this year.
they didn't ..and I stand by that shit.

Sure-Oz
01-31-2006, 10:50 AM
Their both little bitches imo.

Sure-Oz
01-31-2006, 10:51 AM
they didn't ..and I stand by the shit.
ROFL

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 10:51 AM
TO wouldn't have grabbed either of those first play from scrimmage INTs Plummer threw right at the defender. He also wouldn't have stopped Plummer's fumbles.

If you're going to start playing what-if's in that game...it goes both ways. Champ tipped up a pass that had he caught he would have taken it for six....we had a Willie Parker fumble over turned on the field by replay...We got beat that day because we had no answer for the Pittsburg offense and their 7-foot QB.

Skip Towne
01-31-2006, 10:54 AM
But did the Steelers beat the Donkeys?

jspchief
01-31-2006, 10:57 AM
The reason I bring it up is to say that you can't throw it all on Owens despite what Espin will have you believe. If he comes to Denver....I like our chances in the passing game to kick the living shit out of everybody that comes to Mile High. The "world class dick" part of your argument is valid...but you can't point the finger at just Terrell Owens...McNabb is part of that as well because he started it.My opinion of Owens was formed long before that Superbowl. The most recent incident with McNabb is just one of a long list of things related to Owens that makes me think he's cancer. You act like that's the only bad thing he's ever done.

Watching him scream at his coaches on the sidelines in SF. Listening to him publicly trash past QBs for both personal and professional reasons. Seeing his total lack of sportsmanship in Dallas. Watching him orchestrate his trade to Baltimore, then seeing him back out and take cheap shots at their organization.

Everything that comes out of his mouth goes against what I want my team to be about.

You want to look at his talent and use it to excuse his antics. Two professional football teams that want nothing more than to win were unable to excuse his antics. That tells me everything I need to know.

Archie Bunker
01-31-2006, 10:59 AM
But did the Steelers beat the Donkeys?

Of course not. Mid-season MVP Jake Plummer did

Brock
01-31-2006, 11:00 AM
We got beat that day because we had no answer for the Pittsburg offense and their 7-foot QB.

He's 6-5. He only looked bigger standing next to Jesus Plummer.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 11:05 AM

I was at the game...and his 2nd int was a ball that didn't have enough arc on it to hit his wide open receiver...and his first was to the wrong shoulder of his receiver. Would TO have amde a difference there...who knows...since we can't get in the way back machine with Mister Peabody...we'll never know.

KCTitus
01-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Well, Garcia, all I can say is I hope you get your wish.

RedThat
01-31-2006, 11:21 AM
In my honest opinion, this is the last thing the Broncos need.

I know there are a lot of people around here that like to bash Plummer, I think Jake had a good year. He is getting better, even despite his performance in the championship game.

The reason why I say, "this is the last thing the Broncos need", is because Owens is simply the guy that throws his QB's under the bus. He did in San Fransisco, and he did it in Philly.

He left San Fran because he claimed he wanted to play with an elite QB that could get them to a championship and win.

So what does he do, he gets his wish to play in Philly, and then cuts up the leader of the team in McNabb. The Eagles went to the SB WITHOUT Owens.

Again, "this is the last thing the Broncos need", Jake had a good year, yeah he played terrible in the championship game, but he can definately build off this year.

So why, why bring in a guy that has a reputation for ripping QB's?

That the last thing Jake needs! This is bad for Jake at this time in his career because he is growing as a QB. Owens isn't gonna help him. He is going to utterly destroy his confedence. That's my take. This move wouldn't make sense for the Broncos.

Iowanian
01-31-2006, 11:29 AM
If the reason T.hO decided to hate McNabb and melt down was because of the superbowl...just imagine how upset he would be if his team got beat in the AFC Championship game because the QB choked like Linda Lovelace's sister with the esophogus problem.

The Bad Guy
01-31-2006, 11:29 AM
The reason I bring it up is to say that you can't throw it all on Owens despite what Espin will have you believe. If he comes to Denver....I like our chances in the passing game to kick the living shit out of everybody that comes to Mile High. The "world class dick" part of your argument is valid...but you can't point the finger at just Terrell Owens...McNabb is part of that as well because he started it.

Yeah, and was McNabb somehow magically with him in San Fran too when he constantly threw Garcia under the bus.

I see you've mastered Taco's ability to spin.

Cormac
01-31-2006, 11:40 AM
I didn't give a crap when Oakland signed Randy Moss. I wouldn't give a crap if Denver signed TO. As long as we don't have to put up with that sh!tbag, I don't care where he ends up.

Adept Havelock
01-31-2006, 12:05 PM
If the reason T.hO decided to hate McNabb and melt down was because of the superbowl...just imagine how upset he would be if his team got beat in the AFC Championship game because the QB choked like Linda Lovelace's sister with the esophogus problem.
ROFL

StcChief
01-31-2006, 12:09 PM
While there send them both up to Wyoming and brokeback mtn.

Extra Point
01-31-2006, 12:09 PM
There's no "T.O." in "team."

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Well, Garcia, all I can say is I hope you get your wish.

Wish is such a strong word...I'm commenting on a more of...."should this happen"

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 12:42 PM
Yeah, and was McNabb somehow magically with him in San Fran too when he constantly threw Garcia under the bus.

I see you've mastered Taco's ability to spin.
the only comment's I've seen from TO about Jeff Garcia are comments made after it was decided he would no longer be with the team. He did fuss out his OC on the side line...which shouldn't be done...but that guy was being a pussy.

All I'm sayin is...you can't throw just TO under the bus for the failure of McNabb in the Super Bowl and his comments about TO after TO broke his ankle. Just being fair to TO about it.

KCTitus
01-31-2006, 12:42 PM
Wish is such a strong word...I'm commenting on a more of...."should this happen"

So, IOW, you're rationalizing...ok.

chief52
01-31-2006, 12:46 PM
the only comment's I've seen from TO about Jeff Garcia are comments made after it was decided he would no longer be with the team. He did fuss out his OC on the side line...which shouldn't be done...but that guy was being a pussy.

All I'm sayin is...you can't throw just TO under the bus for the failure of McNabb in the Super Bowl and his comments about TO after TO broke his ankle. Just being fair to TO about it.

T.O. was ripping everyone in SF. Why do you think they traded him away??? He was just as bad in SF as he was in Philly.

Just being fair about it.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 12:53 PM
T.O. was ripping everyone in SF. Why do you think they traded him away??? He was just as bad in SF as he was in Philly.

Just being fair about it.
I don't recall him ripping everyone in SF...whomever he ripped he shouldn't have...but SF has become one of the worst franchises in the league...and that started long before TO got mouthy about it. they just drafted a number one overall pick that can't grip the ball...lord knows what else goes on there.

The Bad Guy
01-31-2006, 12:54 PM

It's already annoying the apologies you will make for a scumbag athlete that isn't even on your team.

"The guy was being a pussy about it."

Oh, so that gives him reason to call out a coach on a sideline?

What about Andy Reid. What was his basis for calling him out last year?

How bout Owens, when he said about thinking the Eagles would be undefeated with Brett Favre as their QB over McNabb last year?

Yes, let's all be fair to an athlete that complains over a contract HE SIGNED. Let's be fair that he was basically thrown out of the only two organizations he's played for.

And I know the Bronco homers think he's going to change - just like the Eagles did.

I'd love for this marriage to happen. I think Owens will need to brush up on his dictionary for new words to use when Jake overthrows him several times in a game.

David.
01-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Locker cancer or not. I'd hate to have to face the guy twice a year.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 01:01 PM
It's already annoying the apologies you will make for a scumbag athlete that isn't even on your team.

"The guy was being a pussy about it."

Oh, so that gives him reason to call out a coach on a sideline?

What about Andy Reid. What was his basis for calling him out last year?

How bout Owens, when he said about thinking the Eagles would be undefeated with Brett Favre as their QB over McNabb last year?

Yes, let's all be fair to an athlete that complains over a contract HE SIGNED. Let's be fair that he was basically thrown out of the only two organizations he's played for.

And I know the Bronco homers think he's going to chance - just like the Eagles did.

I'd love for this marriage to happen. I think Owens will need to brush up on his dictionary for new words to use when Jake overthrows him several times in a game

You have to approach it with in a open mind.. and don't believe everything Espin tries to sell you. I mean really...I agree with you, but it's not all entirely his fault.

The Bad Guy
01-31-2006, 01:03 PM
You have to approach it with in a open mind.. and don't believe everything Espin tries to sell you.

Ahh, yes.

Now I get it. It was ESPN that was out to get Owens. They were the ones that called Jeff Garcia gay. They were the ones that criticzed McNabb. They were the ones who yelled at Reid in a team meeting.

Yes, it was all ESPN.

Sans Mile High Fan, all the Bronco trolls on here are so full of shit.

chief52
01-31-2006, 01:06 PM
I don't recall him ripping everyone in SF...whomever he ripped he shouldn't have...but SF has become one of the worst franchises in the league...and that started long before TO got mouthy about it. they just drafted a number one overall pick that can't grip the ball...lord knows what else goes on there.

Why do you think SF wanted to get rid of him so badly? They could not wait to dump him much like Philly. Maybe you do not recall it, but it did happen. Trust me. His actions in Philly were just a continuation of his actions in SF. He has a long, long history of team destruction.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Ahh, yes.

Now I get it. It was ESPN that was out to get Owens. They were the ones that called Jeff Garcia gay. They were the ones that criticzed McNabb. They were the ones who yelled at Reid in a team meeting.

Yes, it was all ESPN.

Sans Mile High Fan, all the Bronco trolls on here are so full of shit.

No they didn't say JEFF Garcia was gay...but they did do what....that's right...they asked the question. If I were him I would have critized McNabb as well though not publically. Put yourself in his shoes...he's playing on an 8 week old broken ankle and his QB won't hurry to the LOS to get the play off in the Super Bowl. Chief Fans of all people should respect the opportunity a Super Bowl is...If he did yell at anybody during a team meeting at work...that's wrong

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Why do you think SF wanted to get rid of him so badly? They could not wait to dump him much like Philly. Maybe you do not recall it, but it did happen. Trust me. His actions in Philly were just a continuation of his actions in SF. He has a long, long history of team destruction.

Because they couldn't afford him and by all right they shouldn't have had the right to trade him, but his opt out paper work submitted by his agent somehow disappeared.

chief52
01-31-2006, 01:14 PM
Because they couldn't afford him and by all right they shouldn't have had the right to trade him, but his opt out paper work submitted by his agent somehow disappeared.

Do you really believe that? Man, you do not have a very good memory...

Do you want me to tell you the truth, or do you like it better your way?

RedThat
01-31-2006, 01:16 PM
No they didn't say JEFF Garcia was gay...but they did do what....that's right...they asked the question. If I were him I would have critized McNabb as well though not publically. Put yourself in his shoes...he's playing on an 8 week old broken ankle and his QB won't hurry to the LOS to get the play off in the Super Bowl. Chief Fans of all people should respect the opportunity a Super Bowl is...If he did yell at anybody during a team meeting at work...that's wrong

Well....He did tell Eagles OC-Brad Childress to, "not speak till he speaks"

He did, tell Andy Reid to, "Shut up".

*There you go. Owens is an a**hole. Complete.

jspchief
01-31-2006, 01:21 PM
No they didn't say JEFF Garcia was gay...but they did do what....that's right...they asked the question. If I were him I would have critized McNabb as well though not publically. Put yourself in his shoes...he's playing on an 8 week old broken ankle and his QB won't hurry to the LOS to get the play off in the Super Bowl. Chief Fans of all people should respect the opportunity a Super Bowl is...If he did yell at anybody during a team meeting at work...that's wrongESPN had nothing to do with the gay comments. That was from a Playboy interview.

The Bad Guy
01-31-2006, 01:35 PM

The Garcia comments were from Playboy. I guess they are out to get Terrell Owens too.

RedThat
01-31-2006, 01:37 PM

Another thing, did you hear Owens after that SB game?

Im referring to his post game comments. All he did was talk about "himself". It was all about himself playing on an injured ankle, etc, etc....Everything was in regards to himself. He was completely praising himself. what happened after that? He demanded a new contract in the off-season. I place my bets, even though I don't know, I think that's why he played in the SB. That's right, to demand a new contract.

*Bottomline, the guy is selfish, he does not understand the concept of team, never will. He has an over-inflated ago which disrupts team chemistry. He is a distraction....If thats what you want fine. You can cover up for him all you want, but I don't think you have any of us convinced.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 01:43 PM
ESPN had nothing to do with the gay comments. That was from a Playboy interview.
That may be...but I didn't read or hear about it in Playboy. further to the piont..did you hear about all the yards Holmes and Johnson were racking up in the early season...nope...because Espin was the all Pwens station.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Another thing, did you hear Owens after that SB game?

Im referring to his post game comments. All he did was talk about "himself". It was all about himself playing on an injured ankle, etc, etc....Everything was in regards to himself. He was completely praising himself. what happened after that? He demanded a new contract in the off-season. I place my bets, even though I don't know, I think that's why he played in the SB. That's right, to demand a new contract.

*Bottomline, the guy is selfish, he does not understand the concept of team, never will. He has an over-inflated ago which disrupts team chemistry. He is a distraction....If thats what you want fine. You can cover up for him all you want, but I don't think you have any of us convinced.

LOL...I'm not the GM...would I sign him...heck no.

All wide receivers are selffish...there aren't too many that aren't.

BigMeatballDave
01-31-2006, 02:00 PM
All wide receivers are selffish...there aren't too many that aren't.True. But, he's in a whole other realm of selfishness...

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 02:02 PM
True. But, he's in a whole other realm of selfishness...

He does set the bar....this is certain.

Cormac
01-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Has anybody even brought up the whole Baltimore farce yet, where Owens refused the trade?

Owens is a schmuck. He'd be perfect in Denver. He'd be another great FA signing just like Chester McGlockton, Dale Carter, Lionel Dalton, Eddie Kennison, and that DT they gave a $37m contract to a few years ago. Bring him in.

King_Chief_Fan
01-31-2006, 02:22 PM
We should be honored that a donkey fan would come to the plant to seek validation of T.O. being a donkey. Keep trying GB....we aren't convinced yet, and I don't know how many more ways you can spin this one.

King_Chief_Fan
01-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Has anybody even brought up the whole Baltimore farce yet, where Owens refused the trade?

Owens is a schmuck. He'd be perfect in Denver. He'd be another great FA signing just like Chester McGlockton, Dale Carter, Lionel Dalton, Eddie Kennison, and that DT they gave a $37m contract to a few years ago. Bring him in.

since they have mastered cheating the cap, why not?

Wile_E_Coyote
01-31-2006, 02:24 PM
Shanny is gonna pull a Marty, I see a major drug ring bust in Denver's future

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 02:29 PM

He got cheated on that...Like I said...his opt out paper work for his contract in SF some how disappeared. It's also kind of funny that one of the guys on your list plays for the Chiefs...if you're a chief fan

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 02:30 PM
We should be honored that a donkey fan would come to the plant to seek validation of T.O. being a donkey. Keep trying GB....we aren't convinced yet, and I don't know how many more ways you can spin this one.

I didn't start this thread..I was merely replying to it

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 02:32 PM
since they have mastered cheating the cap, why not?

Here we go..LOL

chief52
01-31-2006, 02:32 PM
He got cheated on that...Like I said...his opt out paper work for his contract in SF some how disappeared.

His paper work did not disappear at all and no one ever said it did. His agent screwed up and admitted to it. Damn, you just flat make sh@t up, don't you. His agent did not submit the paper work because he screwed up...end of story.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 02:40 PM
His paper work did not disappear at all and no one ever said it did. His agent screwed up and admitted to it. Damn, you just flat make sh@t up, don't you. His agent did not submit the paper work because he screwed up...end of story.
The report I read said it was faxed where it needed to go...either way...it's not Owens that screwed that up. So it's fair to say his problem with going to the Ravens was justified.

chief52
01-31-2006, 02:43 PM
The report I read said it was faxed where it needed to go...either way...it's not Owens that screwed that up. So it's fair to say his problem with going to the Ravens was justified.

B.S. His agent admitted to not getting the paper work in. You never read sh@t...you made it up.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 02:51 PM
B.S. His agent admitted to not getting the paper work in. You never read sh@t...you made it up.
Here I am having a friendly discussion about TO perhaps coming to Denver...and you're calling me a liar. I swear....any way...now that you've got that out of your system. I did read it...now you say his agent fessed up later..fine...it still not Owens fault is rep failed him. So his objection to go and play for the floudering Ravens is totally justified.

The Bad Guy
01-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Here I am having a friendly discussion about TO perhaps coming to Denver...and you're calling me a liar. I swear....any way...now that you've got that out of your system. I did read it...now you say his agent fessed up later..fine...it still not Owens fault is rep failed him. So his objection to go and play for the floudering Ravens is totally justified.

You really can't be this ****ing stupid, can you?

It's never Owens fault according to you. It's not his fault that he called Garcia gay. It's not his fault that he criticized his team - TWICE now.

His objection? He should have been on his agent every day to make sure that paperwork was filed.

You know what though, you've prompted me to test your theory. My friend does my taxes and sends them off for me. If he misses the April 15th deadline, I'm just going to blame him when the IRS comes after me. I'll blame ESPN and the tax guy - yeah that's the ticket.

It's going to be his fault and zero of mine. Accountability is thrown out the window when discussing Broncos - or any player they are interested in.

Garcia Bronco taught me this on a football message board.

chief52
01-31-2006, 03:02 PM

I am not a 49 fan by any stretch, but I live near there and read the SF Chronicle. So I guess you could say I am forced to follow them. The stuff you are saying about his relationships in SF and the details of his contract screw up are just flat wrong. Obviously you were not following it then. I have no problem with that. If you are wrong do you feel I should not say anything? You do know you are wrong, right?

Now how TO works out in the future is anyone's guess, but you can not change his past no matter how you try to spin it.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-31-2006, 03:03 PM
comedy

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 03:09 PM
You really can't be this ****ing stupid, can you?

It's never Owens fault according to you. It's not his fault that he called Garcia gay. It's not his fault that he criticized his team - TWICE now.

His objection? He should have been on his agent every day to make sure that paperwork was filed.

You know what though, you've prompted me to test your theory. My friend does my taxes and sends them off for me. If he misses the April 15th deadline, I'm just going to blame him when the IRS comes after me. I'll blame ESPN and the tax guy - yeah that's the ticket.

It's going to be his fault and zero of mine. Accountability is thrown out the window when discussing Broncos - or any player they are interested in.

Garcia Bronco taught me this on a football message board.Don't be a bad guy and get personal...him running his mouth in the media is certainly bad...but that doesn't mean it's wrong for him to feel that way. I've said that several times...but you cannot discount his anger toward a QB that was doggin it in the biggest game of his life while Owens was playing on an 8 week old broken ankle. Tell me if you were TO in that position you wouldn't be pissed off at McNabb.

Further more..TO is certainly within his rights to sue his former agent for breach of contract. Wouldn't you be pissed if your agent didn't file paper work with due diligence...something you hired him to do...and then you were shoved off to some team you didn't want to play for? Would you object? Tell me you'd swallow it. It's your career. Please save your supposed moral high ground for fables and fantasyland for if the shoes were on your feet...I think you'd sing a different tune.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 03:13 PM
You do know you are wrong, right?

Now how TO works out in the future is anyone's guess, but you can not change his past no matter how you try to spin it.

Like I said to Bad Guy...put the shoes on your feet with a situation like that with an agent and tell me how you'd feel. And here's what happened...the NFL and NFLPA made sure he didn't have to play in Baltimore...and Baltimore was compensated...that should be enough for the rest of the world.

chief52
01-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Like I said to Bad Guy...put the shoes on your feet with a situation like that with an agent and tell me how you'd feel. And here's what happened...the NFL and NFLPA made sure he didn't have to play in Baltimore...and Baltimore was compensated...that should be enough for the rest of the world.

I notice you did not address the first paragraph. That speaks volumes...

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 03:18 PM
I notice you did not address the first paragraph. That speaks volumes...

what do you mean...I'm taking you at your word...you said the agent fessed up to not handling the business he was paid to do. I read a report saying that the paper was indeed faxed to where it needed to go...if you want to stick a flag on that...go ahead.

The Bad Guy
01-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Don't be a bad guy and get personal...him running his mouth in the media is certainly bad...but that doesn't mean it's wrong for him to feel that way? I've said that several times...but you cannot discount his anger toward a QB that was doggin it in the biggest game of his life while Owens was playing on an 8 week old broken ankle. Tell me if you were TO in that position you wouldn't be pissed off at McNabb.

Further more..TO is certainly within his rights to sue his former agent for breach of contract. Wouldn't you be pissed if your agent didn't file paper work with due diligence...something you hired him to do...and then you were shoved off to some team you didn't want to play for? Would you object? Tell me you'd swallow it. It's your career. Please save your supposed moral high ground for fables and fantasyland for if the shoes were on your feet...I think you'd sing a different tune.

There is ethics in sports. Typically, teammates don't throw teammates under the bus just because they want a new contract.

Rich Gannon threw the ball to the Bucs every chance he got, and I didn't see his receivers throw him under the bus.

You can feel whatever way you want, but that doesn't give you the right to go to every media outlet and broadcast your feelings as a professional athlete. But, then again, I guess it's not Owens fault that ESPN puts a microphone in front of his face. I know they held a gun to his head and insisted he say something other than no comment.

Owens wanted so badly out of San Fran and his agent misses the deadline? That's on both of them. TO hired him.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 03:26 PM
There is ethics in sports. Typically, teammates don't throw teammates under the bus just because they want a new contract.

Rich Gannon threw the ball to the Bucs every chance he got, and I didn't see his receivers throw him under the bus.

You can feel whatever way you want, but that doesn't give you the right to go to every media outlet and broadcast your feelings as a professional athlete. But, then again, I guess it's not Owens fault that ESPN puts a microphone in front of his face. I know they held a gun to his head and insisted he say something other than no comment.

Owens wanted so badly out of San Fran and his agent misses the deadline? That's on both of them. TO hired him.

He thought he deserved to get paid more....I'm all for honoring a contract...but from TO's point of view...however warped that may be...he thought he deserved more.

Rich Gannon...here we go...had the Raiders not had to play their old coach in that game the Raiders would have won hands down. I don't think their would be any point in throwing him under the bus.

I've said several times that I don't agree with what he did...I don't think too many do...but I do understand the feeling...and I'm just not going to call him the only bad guy(no pun) out there in all those situations. Like I said in my first post...it was just to clear the air on the Espin garbage everybody likes to spew forth as gospel.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 03:30 PM

He did hire him under contract...and the agent did not execute the contract and exactly why he would be liable. Didn't you find it odd that the NFL forced the trade to the Eagles. Why?

The Bad Guy
01-31-2006, 03:34 PM
He thought he deserved to get paid more....I'm all for honoring a contract...but from TO's point of view...however warped that may be...he thought he deserved more.

Rich Gannon...here we go...had the Raiders not had to play their old coach in that game the Raiders would have won hands down. I don't think their would be any point in throwing him under the bus.

I've said several times that I don't agree with what he did...I don't think too many do...but I do understand the feeling...and I'm just not going to call him the only bad guy(no pun) out there in all those situations. Like I said in my first post...it was just to clear the air on the Espin garbage everybody likes to spew forth as gospel.

Oh, I get it.

Gannon had a bad game, but he had an excuse.

McNabb had a bad game and he deserved to get thrown under the bus.

You should really see if he'll hire you as his agent. You are doing a much better job spinning than Rosenhaus could ever do.

chiefs1111
01-31-2006, 03:36 PM
john clayton was just on nfl live and he said dallas,atlanta,tampa,denver and kansas city were the teams that were intrested in owens. id rather us go after reggie wayne this offseaon then this jerk.

FringeNC
01-31-2006, 03:44 PM
A fan asked him what he thought was Garcia's biggest weakness: inaccurate passes, checking down to a secondary receiver too quickly or scrambling too often.

"All of the above!'' Owens answered. "Hey, I can tell you are a fan and really watch the game, because you're right on point.''

Owens generally replied to fans concerning the team's quarterback situation by saying that he would consider staying with the team if a quarterback like backup Tim Rattay or someone like him were the starter. And he constantly emphasized that he wanted to play with a good quarterback and with a team that would win a Super Bowl.

With Plummer as QB, I guess that rules out Denver.

DBroncos4life
01-31-2006, 03:59 PM
Do I want TO? HELL no but its not up to me. The only time that adding a WR with 100 career TD catches, and strong, fast, and hard to cover becomes a bad thing is when is last name is Owens. On the field the guy is scary good, off the field I wish we could just lock him in a dark hole. I would rather have Ricky Williams, hell maybe we will get them both. :)

Saulbadguy
01-31-2006, 03:59 PM
Do I want TO? HELL no but its not up to me. The only time that adding a WR with 100 career TD catches, and strong, fast, and hard to cover becomes a bad thing is when is last name is Owens. On the field the guy is scary good, off the field I wish we could just lock him in a dark hole. I would rather have Ricky Williams, hell maybe we will get them both. :)
Great. DoucheBag4life is on this board now?

King_Chief_Fan
01-31-2006, 04:08 PM
oh oh........hijack time.

What happens if the Chiefs want to sign TO:hmmm:

jspchief
01-31-2006, 04:10 PM
oh oh........hijack time.

What happens if the Chiefs want to sign TO:hmmm:I just don't believe it would ever happen. I think Carl and Lamar put enough emphasis on character that they wouldn't want him. Besides that, he'd be too expensive.

DBroncos4life
01-31-2006, 04:15 PM
what your queer ass can be on the mane but I can't come here?

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 04:15 PM
Oh, I get it.

Gannon had a bad game, but he had an excuse.

McNabb had a bad game and he deserved to get thrown under the bus.

that's not what I said...nor what I meant.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Great. DoucheBag4life is on this board now?

Yeah that was kind of mean

Saulbadguy
01-31-2006, 04:16 PM
what your queer ass can be on the mane but I can't come here?
Exactly. GTFA.

vailpass
01-31-2006, 04:19 PM
I just don't believe it would ever happen. I think Carl and Lamar put enough emphasis on character that they wouldn't want him. Besides that, he'd be too expensive.

I respect your football takes JSP but I gotta' call bullchit on this one.
KC started a three-time DUI offender and had police blotter activity on players from training camp through the end of the season.
While I agree with your basic premise that TO is a waste of protoplasm it is my humble opinion that KC's management does not sit on any higher horse than the rest of the league (Commitment to Excrement squad excluded, of course).

DBroncos4life
01-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Exactly. GTFA.
oddly the more you post the more I want to stay ROFL

jspchief
01-31-2006, 04:26 PM
I respect your football takes JSP but I gotta' call bullchit on this one.
KC started a three-time DUI offender and had police blotter activity on players from training camp through the end of the season.
While I agree with your basic premise that TO is a waste of protoplasm it is my humble opinion that KC's management does not sit on any higher horse than the rest of the league (Commitment to Excrement squad excluded, of course).I think there's a difference between keeping a player that has turned out to have character issues, and actively pursuing one that has already displayed them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see that as a move the Chiefs FO would make. And I'm not trying to paint KC as having higher moral standards than the rest of the league. It's more about being careful (or cheap) enough with the way they spend to not take the risk.

vailpass
01-31-2006, 04:32 PM
I think there's a difference between keeping a player that has turned out to have character issues, and actively pursuing one that has already displayed them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see that as a move the Chiefs FO would make. And I'm not trying to paint KC as having higher moral standards than the rest of the league. It's more about being careful (or cheap) enough with the way they spend to not take the risk.

Fair enough, when you explain it that way it makes sense.

Garcia Bronco
01-31-2006, 04:55 PM
I think there's a difference between keeping a player that has turned out to have character issues, and actively pursuing one that has already displayed them.

IMO Mike Shanahan feels like he's close to getting it done again. He hates Rosenhaus...that he would have a face-to-face with him tells me he feels like he's really close. High risk...high reward. Awesome.

Garcia Bronco
02-01-2006, 09:22 AM
guys...guys? TO in KC?

jspchief
02-01-2006, 09:42 AM
guys...guys? TO in KC?I don't think you'll find anyone changing their tune.

The same people that think TO will be bad for Denver think he will be bad for KC.

02-01-2006, 09:43 AM
I don't think you'll find anyone changing their tune.

The same people that think TO will be bad for Denver think he will be bad for KC.
Or anywhere else for that matter.

KCTitus
02-01-2006, 09:58 AM

I agree...the same cannot be said of our bronco bretheren...

TEX
02-01-2006, 10:04 AM
The Donx will probably sign him and then we'll all hear a few years down the road that they violated the salary cap - but didn't gain any real advantage...

greg63
02-01-2006, 11:58 AM

Yup!

Chiefs Pantalones
02-01-2006, 01:07 PM
T.O. would actually make Plummer look like a good QB. I hope they don't get him.

Brock
02-01-2006, 01:09 PM
T.O. would actually make Plummer look like a good QB. I hope they don't get him.

Yeah - He made McNabb look good while nuking the team in the process.

I do hope he goes to Denver.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-01-2006, 01:11 PM

That is true...

02-01-2006, 01:11 PM

I am all for Denver getting him if he can singlehandedly bring them to their knees like he did in PHilly. ROFL