Pitt Gorilla
01-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Bob Knight is getting owned.

the Talking Can
01-30-2006, 08:50 PM
indeed...me likey

Reaper16
01-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Jack Bauer would cut out Vinson's eye without a moment's hesitation.

Simply Red
01-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Bob Knight is getting owned.

I'm sorry P.G. but this year's NCAA ball just doesn't excite me. Two great teams. I mean next year will be much better. As for now it is youthful players learning the system. Funny seems every 7-8 yrs. we deal with a season that contains players so young that the competition seems to be the battle of the worst. Anyway thats just my take on this season.

Skip Towne
01-30-2006, 08:57 PM
They said earlier that Bob Knight hadn't won in Lawrence since 1974.

DJay23
01-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Team is shaping up as I predicted preseason. Rough start to season and conference until the freshmen come of age. They are playing well right now and poised for a second place tie in the XII. A big test this Saturday vs. a ranked OU team. The next hurdle for this team is, which freshman will hit the mythical "freshman wall." The answer to that question will determine the finish to the conference season and conference tournament performance.

greg63
01-30-2006, 09:12 PM

Great stat.

I can't stand knight.

DJay23
01-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Getting to that dangerous part of the game where the players get lazy and complacent and the crowd is out of it. If Tech can hit their shots they can fight their way back into this one.

Skip Towne
01-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Great stat.

I can't stand knight.
I can't either. Back when Royboy was pretty new to KU and Indiana was hot, they signed a 5 game contract. I cringed. KU won 4 of them. KU OWNS Bobby Knight.

DJay23
01-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Boys are responding. Turning into the Brandon Rush NBA audition tape.

Dave Lane
01-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Have to post this for the heck of it its still pretty funny...

http://lochianos.com/chiefsplanet/BobbyKnightTirade.mp3

Worth the listen especially if you haven't heard it.

Dave

Skip Towne
01-30-2006, 09:26 PM
I think I remember that '74 game. I think it was the year Indiana went 31-0 and beat us in triple overtime in Lawrence. Their closest scare of the year.

Coach
01-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Jesus, Tech is getting badly out-rebounded.

OldTownChief
01-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Have to post this for the heck of it its still pretty funny...

http://lochianos.com/chiefsplanet/BobbyKnightTirade.mp3

Worth the listen especially if you haven't heard it.

Dave

ROFL Thats the first time I've heard it.

chiefs4me
01-30-2006, 09:37 PM
TT has no team this year, one boy left, and a couple of them transferred this year...they suck....:shrug:

Skip Towne
01-30-2006, 09:39 PM
I hope these last four games aren't a mirage.

Saulbadguy
01-30-2006, 09:41 PM
I hope these last four games aren't a mirage.
Who knows. It's a little too early to know who the good teams are in the Big XII. Right now, it seems to be OU and Texas + everyone else.

savedin79
01-30-2006, 09:59 PM
they still suck!

ROYC75
01-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Team is shaping up as I predicted preseason. Rough start to season and conference until the freshmen come of age. They are playing well right now and poised for a second place tie in the XII. A big test this Saturday vs. a ranked OU team. The next hurdle for this team is, which freshman will hit the mythical "freshman wall." The answer to that question will determine the finish to the conference season and conference tournament performance.

Agreed, I mentioned early in the year, we will take some lumps along the way, but in the end will be pretty solid come tourney time.

This team has alot of upside, I would like to see them continue to grow this year and stay together for next year.

ROYC75
01-30-2006, 10:05 PM
they still suck!

ROFL A MU fan ? ROFL

It's fun to see the rivals wiggling around again, unlike the 1st of the year when they were crowing out loud.

Bearcat
01-30-2006, 10:09 PM
ROFL A MU fan ? ROFL

You can always tell by the in-depth analysis...

Megbert
01-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Anyone watch the Bobby Knight How to Succeed/Compete film or whatever the hell it was called? I watched it in HS Gym class. I just remember thinking this guy's a prick while watching it.

Skip Towne
01-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Anyone watch the Bobby Knight How to Succeed/Compete film or whatever the hell it was called? I watched it in HS Gym class. I just remember thinking this guy's a prick while watching it.
He is the biggest prick in the world. Larry Bird transferred to Indiana State to get away from him. Then ISU went to the championship game and lost to Magic Johnson and Michigan Sate.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2006, 10:24 PM
the key imo was when we gave up on the putrid hi-lo offense and self started letting the offense run through the guards.

then he finally started letting them push on the fast break as well.

2 biggest changes to go along with player maturity

ChiefsFanatic
01-30-2006, 10:37 PM
the key imo was when we gave up on the putrid hi-lo offense and self started letting the offense run through the guards.

And Wright has been put into the line-up instead of Giles.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2006, 10:41 PM
And Wright has been put into the line-up instead of Giles.
true that help them run

gotta wonder what's up with Giles ... between the ears??

chiefqueen
01-30-2006, 10:59 PM
A big test this Saturday vs. a ranked OU team.

KU will fail the test if they show up on Saturday and not Sunday when the game WILL ACTUALLY BE PLAYED.

chiefqueen
01-30-2006, 11:01 PM
true that help them run

Actually, the question is is there anything between his ears?

ChiefsFanatic
01-30-2006, 11:02 PM
true that help them run

Not only does it make them faster, but he is a much better passer than Giles. I think Giles [and Self] need to realize that CJ is a defensive player, not an offensive player.

I was also wrong about Robinson. In the non-con he looked horrible, but in league play he looks like a whole new player. The Robinson-Chalmers-Rush-Wright-Jackson line-up seems to be the best combo we have. Athletic big men who can run and catch, helping the guards get into a rhythm.

Skip Towne
01-30-2006, 11:22 PM

Yeah, I'm seeing the same things although I'm still seeing vestiges of the Hi-Lo. But they are running more (shades of Huck) and not allowing the other team to set up their D. This team is starting to look like the teams Self used to beat KU in the past. Big, strong front courts with Kaun, Jackson and Wright. They just beat you up. Free throw %age is way up and greatly improved guard play. This team is coming of age, however slowly.

Dunit35
01-30-2006, 11:52 PM
So I had to work again...didn't get to see the game. Besides us winning how'd it look?

leviw
01-31-2006, 12:00 AM
So I had to work again...didn't get to see the game. Besides us winning how'd it look?

Let me preface this by saying Texas Tech is not very good.

Now...

KU played well. Brandon Rush is simply a freak; another double-double for him. He shot an incredible percentage. The Hawks out-rebounded Tech big time. Not sure how it finished, but it was something like a 41-19 rebounding advantage at one point in the second half. KU got a ton of second- and third-chace points early on, which was big, because they didn't shoot that well out of the gate. KU got a little complacent midway in the second half, but Rush went on something like a 7-0 run by himself to step on Tech's throats.

Bobby Knight looked angry throughout.

Pretty much sums it up.

Dunit35
01-31-2006, 12:01 AM
Let me preface this by saying Texas Tech is not very good.

Now...

KU played well. Brandon Rush is simply a freak; another double-double for him. He shot an incredible percentage. The Hawks out-rebounded Tech big time. Not sure how it finished, but it was something like a 41-19 rebounding advantage at one point in the second half. KU got a ton of second- and third-chace points early on, which was big, because they didn't shoot that well out of the gate. KU got a little complacent midway in the second half, but Rush went on something like a 7-0 run by himself to step on Tech's throats.

Bobby Knight looked angry throughout.

Pretty much sums it up.

I guess I was wrong when I thought they were decent like last year. Sounds like it was a good game for the Hawks. Awesome.

Ceej
01-31-2006, 12:12 AM
Brandon Rush is good at basketball.

phxchief
01-31-2006, 07:04 AM
Kansas always looks good when the opposition sucks.

ROYC75
01-31-2006, 07:48 AM
Kansas always looks good when the opposition sucks.

Really, nothing like the other local Big 12 teams , who suck just as much as the other teams they are playing suck.

Yep, somebody is still jealous. :D

sedated
01-31-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm glad we finally played well at home.

but I'm not getting excited about this one.

TexasTech quit, didn't rebound, didn't defend, didn't hustle.

This Saturday, Oklahoma, will be a test, but they have been up and down this year too.

DJay23
01-31-2006, 12:22 PM
KU will fail the test if they show up on Saturday and not Sunday when the game WILL ACTUALLY BE PLAYED.
So I got the date wrong. Great analysis.

Now, what about the actual game?

Wait, i don't care what you think. Nevermind.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2006, 12:28 PM
So I got the date wrong. Great analysis.

Now, what about the actual game?

Wait, i don't care what you think. Nevermind.
btw - sasha kaun played much better too

but to be honest texas tech doesn't have anyone big enough to challenge him.

Kaun is 6-11 ... TT's biggest guy is 6-9 iirc.

ChiefsFanatic
01-31-2006, 12:36 PM
btw - sasha kaun played much better too

but to be honest texas tech doesn't have anyone big enough to challenge him.

Kaun is 6-11 ... TT's biggest guy is 6-9 iirc.

He needs to start doing some hand-eye coordination drills. He dropped or mishandled at least three passes that would have led to easy baskets, or fouls. I do know that there were some passes that were not easy to catch, but I don't expect him to make those grabs.

With these guards, you need to be ready at all times.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2006, 12:40 PM
He needs to start doing some hand-eye coordination drills. He dropped or mishandled at least three passes that would have led to easy baskets, or fouls. I do know that there were some passes that were not easy to catch, but I don't expect him to make those grabs.

With these guards, you need to be ready at all times.

can you imagine how good KU would be if our big men could just catch the ball and hit the open point blank range shots? :banghead:

KCTitus
01-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately, Ive only got to see one KU game and it was the game @ MU. They had that game and gave it up. Frustrating.

I hope they're improving. This year, Im just hoping they can make the NCAA.

ChiefsFanatic
01-31-2006, 12:50 PM
can you imagine how good KU would be if our big men could just catch the ball and hit the open point blank range shots? :banghead:

The one thing Kaun has that I love, is the will to dunk the ball anytime it is possible. Early in the year I got so pissed at Rush because he kept trying to lay the ball in, and because of this, he seemed to lose control of the ball on a breakaway at least twice per game.

Since that Kentucky dude [not sure of his name] dogged him for not dunking and missing the finger roll, he seems to throwing it down with more regularity.

I used to have a coronary evrytime Chenowith would miss a layup from 6 inches away from the basket.

If you can, dunk the damn ball. [BTW, I officially forgive Wright for that lame two-hand tomahawk last night. I would rather miss a dunk than a finger roll or lay-up.]

Mr. Laz
01-31-2006, 12:53 PM
The one thing Kaun has that I love, is the will to dunk the ball anytime it is possible. Early in the year I got so pissed at Rush because he kept trying to lay the ball in, and because of this, he seemed to lose control of the ball on a breakaway at least twice per game.

Since that Kentucky dude [not sure of his name] dogged him for not dunking and missing the finger roll, he seems to throwing it down with more regularity.

I used to have a coronary evrytime Chenowith would miss a layup from 6 inches away from the basket.

If you can, dunk the damn ball. [BTW, I officially forgive Wright for that lame two-hand tomahawk last night. I would rather miss a dunk than a finger roll or lay-up.]
Kaun has gotten much more aggressive on rounding too.

He's really started to go after the ball instead of just standing there and hoping it comes to him.

Giles is a monster rebounder ... but alas he seems to be too dense to be able to stay on the court. :(

ChiefsFanatic
01-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Kaun has gotten much more aggressive on rounding too.

He's really started to go after the ball instead of just standing there and hoping it comes to him.

Giles is a monster rebounder ... but alas he seems to be too dense to be able to stay on the court. :(

Well, if Giles could be on the court more than a minute before picking up his first foul, that would be good. He is a fine shot-blocker, but offensively he sucks.

At least he quit taking that foul-line jump shot [that he always missed off the back of the rim]