PDA

View Full Version : 40 Year old virgin.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Did you all actually think this movie was funny?

Jenny Gump
01-31-2006, 08:05 PM

Sorry, I thought this was a future thread about gochiefs.

B2chiefsfan
01-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Only the waxing part...........:)

4th and Long
01-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Sorry, I thought this was a future thread about gochiefs.
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6259/rimshot7jd.gif

dilligaf
01-31-2006, 08:25 PM
I laughed my ass off.

KCChiefsMan
01-31-2006, 08:26 PM
best comedy I've seen in a long time, I loved it!

Rausch
01-31-2006, 08:26 PM
I really liked it. The supporting actors were funny as $#it...

Saulbadguy
01-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Everyone i've talked to told me it was funny, which means I probably won't like it at all.

Bob Dole
01-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Everyone i've talked to told me it was funny, which means I probably won't like it at all.

Being a stereotypical K-State fan is a tough cross to bear...

redfan
01-31-2006, 08:29 PM

Same here. Too much buildup, and now it can't live up to the hype.

thebrad84
01-31-2006, 08:34 PM

Man, I felt the same way after I watched it. My friends had told me it was hilarious, but I laughed only a couple times throughout the whole thing. For the most part I found it to be quite dumb...however, Wedding Crashers was f'ing hilarious and was the best comedy I've seen for a long time.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Wow. I guess I am getting old. After seeing Wedding Crashers and buying and rekindeling my love for Swingers. I found F.Y.O.V. a HUGE disappointment. No offense of course to those who liked it.

You all know my taste in movies aren't of the norm soooo...

Wow Pitt and Uconn what a battle by the way...

Rausch
Man, I felt the same way after I watched it. My friends had told me it was hilarious, but I laughed only a couple times throughout the whole thing. For the most part I found it to be quite dumb...however, Wedding Crashers was f'ing hilarious and was the best comedy I've seen for a long time.

http://www.forumspile.com/Newbie-Pope.jpg

Bob Dole
Wow. I guess I am getting old. After seeing Wedding Crashers and buying and rekindeling my love for Swingers. I found F.Y.O.V. a HUGE disappointment. No offense of course to those who liked it.

You all know my taste in movies aren't of the norm soooo...

Wow Pitt and Uconn what a battle by the way...

Nice font.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 08:39 PM

Actually the "n00b" makes more sense and has a much more mature sense of comedy so umm; actually, YOU go away!

thebrad84
01-31-2006, 08:40 PM

Ok, but only because you said so Rausch..

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Nice font.

Thank you, Bob.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 08:43 PM
GO PITT! God what a God-Awful NCAA BB season. How boring.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2006, 08:44 PM
I laughed.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 08:45 PM
I laughed.

WWHHHHHHYY!!??

thebrad84
01-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Actually the "n00b" makes more sense and has a much more mature sense of comedy so umm; actually, YOU go away!

Thanks man, some people on here are real a$$es if you don't see something their way or believe what they believe..

Hammock Parties
01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
WWHHHHHHYY!!??

It was funny?

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks man, some people on here are real a$$es if you don't see something their way or believe what they believe..

No Problem. You made sense and he didn't. I won't call Rausch out because sometimes he has good input. But you were far more accurate imo this time.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 08:54 PM
It was funny?

This is my take on the movie. Ya see; There are comedies that are stupid but funny like "How to survive in South-Central while drinking yer juice in the hood" and Airplane. Any Leslie Neilson movie. But this, I thought was just of the stupid variety. No offense "Go Chiefs."

thebrad84
01-31-2006, 08:55 PM
No Problem. You made sense and he didn't. I won't call Rausch out because sometimes he has good input. But you were far more accurate imo this time.

I wasn't really calling him out...but more-so just saying, as a whole, there seems to be certain individuals on here that think their opinion is much more valid than everyone else's because of the amount of posts they've made. Doesn't really make too much sense to me, but whatever.

Baby Lee
01-31-2006, 08:58 PM
I don't think it was a gut buster, but it was chuckle inducing, comfortable, sweet, honest, and just darn relateable. I think that's what's aided in it's popularity. It has some strong, harsh in other hands, racial and sexual humor, that is handled so deftly and comfortably that you know there's no malice, just a bunch of friends busting on each other. Then the 'relationship' is borderline 'schmoopy.' But you don't have to feel like a faig rooting for it to succeed, like you might in some 4 Wedding and a Funeral chicflic.

It's a great mix of raw brutal humor, delivered with a good nature, and 'relationship' fare, delivered with enough testosterone to make it palatable to dudes.

It's a comedy for today's sensibilities.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 09:01 PM
I wasn't really calling him out...but more-so just saying, as a whole, there seems to be certain individuals on here that think their opinion is much more valid than everyone else's because of the amount of posts they've made. Doesn't really make too much sense to me, but whatever.

Oh well, speak your mind and who cares about the rest. There are some really informative and actually intelligent people who post on here as well as some who can't handle diverse opinions.

Rausch
01-31-2006, 09:04 PM

Indeed, he's genius.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134886

And we'll just have to differ on film reviews, I'm not much of a david lynch fan...

jspchief
01-31-2006, 09:04 PM
I thought it was pretty funny. I'm glad to see the return of the R-rated comedy.

Skip Towne
01-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Shut up, n00b!

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 09:06 PM
I don't think it was a gut buster, but it was chuckle inducing, comfortable, sweet, honest, and just darn relateable. I think that's what's aided in it's popularity. It has some strong, harsh in other hands, racial and sexual humor, that is handled so deftly and comfortably that you know there's no malice, just a bunch of friends busting on each other. Then the 'relationship' is borderline 'schmoopy.' But you don't have to feel like a faig rooting for it to succeed, like you might in some 4 Wedding and a Funeral chicflic.

It's a great mix of raw brutal humor, delivered with a good nature, and 'relationship' fare, delivered with enough testosterone to make it palatable to dudes.

It's a comedy for today's sensibilities.

Palatable to dudes? What? WC was awesome you can't replace Vaughn's fast talking humor. Please. There was NO ONE in F.Y.O.V that held a candle to that. I didn't feel like a Rump Ranger watching Wedding Crashers. WTF? Agreeing to disagree.

_ Simply Puzzled.

58-4ever
01-31-2006, 09:09 PM
do you know how I know you're gay? Because you have to start a thread asking this question.

TEX
01-31-2006, 09:11 PM
I absolutely LOVED it! IMO, it's one of the funniest movies I've seen. I've watched it at least 10 times and each time it cracks me up.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Indeed, he's genius.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134886

And we'll just have to differ on film reviews, I'm not much of a david lynch fan...

Yeah okay agreed to disagree no problem. I did not catch that cruelness link. But I have made a few Thread errors myself so. Anyway.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 09:16 PM
do you know how I know you're gay? Because you have to start a thread asking this question.

Yours truely,

Simply Bored

NewChief
01-31-2006, 09:17 PM
I thought it was pretty freaking funny. It's no Best in Show or Office Space, but it was better than a lot of other crap out there. I preferred it to Wedding Crashers, by the way.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 09:23 PM
I thought it was pretty freaking funny. It's no Best in Show or Office Space, but it was better than a lot of other crap out there. I preferred it to Wedding Crashers, by the way.

WOW N.C. what? You. You always struck me as a bit more traditional. Hmm. I would have guessed you would have prefered W.C. Ohh well takes all kinds of preferences. That is what makes this country great. Thanks for your thoughts.

NewChief
01-31-2006, 09:28 PM
WOW N.C. what? You. You always struck me as a bit more traditional. Hmm. I would have guessed you would have prefered W.C. Ohh well takes all kinds of preferences. That is what makes this country great. Thanks for your thoughts.

I did, however, watch WC with my parents.

Even though I'm 32, married, and have a child, I still get squeamish and embarassed whenever sexual content comes up in a movie and my parents are in the room. I'd have to watch WC without the presence of my parents to get a true picture of my enjoyment.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 09:32 PM
I did, however, watch WC with my parents.

Even though I'm 32, married, and have a child, I still get squeamish and embarassed whenever sexual content comes up in a movie and my parents are in the room. I'd have to watch WC without the presence of my parents to get a true picture of my enjoyment.

Ahh I see. You seem like a genuine person based on your replies.Positivity is always welcome here. WC is funny but the awkwardness could create a curve.

Dunit35
01-31-2006, 09:34 PM
First time I saw it, I didn't think it was too funny. But the second time I saw it I thought it was hilarious. Wedding Crashers is funnier, but this movie ranks 2nd right now.

kcfanXIII
01-31-2006, 09:38 PM
i can't believe it took 32 posts for someone to say this. btw haven't seen WC, but FYOV was pretty damn funney imo.

Saulbadguy
01-31-2006, 09:58 PM
Best in Show...one of my favorites. :)

Deberg_1990
01-31-2006, 10:15 PM
I thought it was hilarious, raunchy and quite sweet at the same time. Dont watch the extended cut though, it just adds on 17 additional useless mintues and drags to movie out too long. Theres a reason for editors.

David.
01-31-2006, 10:15 PM
I ****ing loved it.

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 10:17 PM
I ****ing loved it.

Yeah like I said; I guess I am getting old. I'd think it was funny too if I was still in my early to mid twenties.

58-4ever
01-31-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah like I said; I guess I am getting old. I'd think it was funny too if I was still in my early to mid twenties.

This confirms that your and idiot

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 10:29 PM
This confirms that your and idiot

It's bad when the main star sucks. Just shows who's really the idiot. God, I laughed maybe once through the whole movie. Kill yourself!

Simply Red
01-31-2006, 10:30 PM
It's bad when the main star sucks. Just shows who's really the idiot. God, I laughed maybe once through the whole movie. Kill yourself!

I forgot this. *****!

Demonpenz
02-01-2006, 12:55 AM
wedding crashers played the safe cards for sure. I loved the racial parts. I used to have black guys that screend throughout horrer movies. **** THAT N****A UP!

CoMoChief
02-01-2006, 05:49 AM
It had some (very few actually) funny parts. The funniest part IMO was the "You wanna know how I know you're gay?" My roommate has the DVD and there are extras of Paul Rudd and that big squirly hairy guy playing that "You wanna know how I know you're gay?" game for about 30min.

I dunno about anyone else but I think it's getting old with the whole Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, Owen/Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn (funniest of them all IMO) group. All of the comedy in each movie is exactly the same, though Old School was a classic, but the more movies they come out with, the more they go downhill. Wedding Crashers was sort of an exception I guess until I saw the shitty-ass ending and it ruined the whole damn movie IMO. Will Ferrell has kinda sold himself out. That piece of crap of a movie he did in Bewtiched was just awful. I saw it with my gf and I got pissed and told her she owed me money for both of our tickets (since I paid for both of us) because it was such a shitty movie. Elf and Kicking and Screaming were absolutely terrible as well. GO BACK TO SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE WILL, THEY ALL NEED YOU!!! TINA FHEY AND KEENAN THOMPSON ARE RUINING THE SHOW.

patteeu
02-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Palatable to dudes? What? WC was awesome you can't replace Vaughn's fast talking humor. Please. There was NO ONE in F.Y.O.V that held a candle to that. I didn't feel like a Rump Ranger watching Wedding Crashers. WTF? Agreeing to disagree.

_ Simply Puzzled.

Baby Lee was talking about "Four Weddings and a Funeral" not "Wedding Crashers."

I liked 40 Year Old Virgin better than Wedding Crashers. So do the anonymous folks at the Internet Movie Database:

40 Year Old Virgin (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405422/) 7.4/10 (18,160 votes)
Wedding Crashers (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396269/) 7.3/10 (22,984 votes)

By comparison:

Best In Show (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218839/) 7.5/10 (13,506 votes)
Office Space (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/) 7.7/10 (32,871 votes)

so I guess New Chief was right. :)

jspchief
02-01-2006, 07:34 AM
This is kind of like starting a thread questioning why people think chocolate ice cream is good.

Different tastes.

phisherman
02-01-2006, 08:36 AM
why can't they just rerelease spinal tap in the theaters?

bp

andoman
02-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Thought his conversation with the girl was pretty funny where he chickens out and uses a false name ...

Trish:Hello.

Andy:Hey, how you doing?

Trish:How you doing?

Andy:I'm well.

Trish:Who is this?

Andy:This is James.

Trish:James. Do I know you, James?

Andy:I was wondering whether you had a few minutes...to talk about a little laundry detergent.

Trish:Are you a telemarketer, James?

Andy:Yep.

Trish:Are you at the top of a tall building?
Can you get to a roof quickly?
Jump off!
I mean, you people are sick.
Get a real ****ing job, why don't you?
Go shoot yourself in the ****ing head.
Hey, why don't you just, you know, get a knife and run into it?
Why don't you do that, huh?

Andy:Okay.

Trish:I'll see you later, James.

Andy:Nice to talk to you.

Trish:**** your mother, okay?
Bye-bye.

HolmeZz
02-01-2006, 07:44 PM

You know how I know you're gay?

QuikSsurfer
02-01-2006, 08:04 PM

I thought this movie was a complete waste of time and money. I laughed a few times in the opening 30 minutes but the movie failed to grab hold of my attention.
Only reason I even saw the movie was because a few of my friends brought it over one night :(

Simply Red
02-01-2006, 09:03 PM
I thought this movie was a complete waste of time and money. I laughed a few times in the opening 30 minutes but the movie failed to grab hold of my attention.
Only reason I even saw the movie was because a few of my friends brought it over one night :(

My point. Precisely.

Deberg_1990
02-01-2006, 10:10 PM
I dunno about anyone else but I think it's getting old with the whole Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, Owen/Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn (funniest of them all IMO) group.

******SPOILERS*****

I loved Ferrells little cameo towards the end of Wedding Crashers as "Chaz" Pretty damn hilarious. It saved the last 30 minutes of that flick for me.