PDA

View Full Version : Poll: If it meant a Superbowl, do you TO?

Vegas_Dave
02-02-2006, 11:32 AM
So now that the Chiefs appearantly have interest in T.O. ...

If it meant a Superbowl, would you welcome T.O. ?

Donger
02-02-2006, 11:34 AM
So now that the Chiefs appearantly have interest in T.O. ...

If it meant a Superbowl, would you welcome T.O. ?

Hell, I'd welcome Hitler, Stalin, Ho Chi Minh and gochiefs if it meant a Superbowl appearance.

Just as long as they don't come to my house afterwards.

Dunit35
02-02-2006, 11:35 AM
yes...I sure would.

mlyonsd
02-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Nope. Standards are standards.

(still sticking to the negative karma principle)

RickObie
02-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Are you kidding, Hell yea!!

chefsos
02-02-2006, 11:38 AM
If you're talking about a guaranteed Super Bowl this season, then yes.

After that? Goodbye, T.O.

RickObie
02-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I'll forget about standards as long as the Chiefs are the Super Bowl Champs!!!

FAX
02-02-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm afraid not. As much as I want to see the Chiefs win the Superbowl, TO would bring an intolerable amount of dipshittery into our lives.

FAX

chefsos
02-02-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm afraid not. As much as I want to see the Chiefs win the Superbowl, TO would bring an intolerable amount of dipshittery into our lives.

FAX

:hmmm: Can a one day ban be written into an NFL contract?

Garcia Bronco
02-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Redskins out of the Owens market:

Redskins vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato denied Internet and broadcast reports Wednesday linking the team to Terrell Owens. "Our head coach [Joe Gibbs] said it before," Cerrato said. "We think he's an outstanding player, but he just doesn't fit us."
-- Washington Post

In other developments, rumors are that Denver would only trade for Ricky Williams if they are unable to get Owens:

The Broncos have had at least two internal discussions about acquiring Dolphins running back Ricky Williams, but the teams have not talked about a deal. The Denver Post, citing two NFL sources, reported this week that coach Mike Shanahan might consider trading for Williams but likely only if the team does not trade for receiver Terrell Owens.
-- Miami Herald

Herm Edwards very interested in Owens:

For those who gasped when they found out the Chiefs were interested in talking to Terrell Owens, or wondered whether Kansas City was feigning interest to drive up the price on AFC rival Denver, the answer came Wednesday in Herm Edwards' eyes. Edwards said a meeting between Terrell Owens and the Chiefs may happen soon.
-- Kansas City Star

all from:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...th.rumors.nfl/ (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...th.rumors.nfl/)

"May happen soon"....that sounds like legit interest doesn't it?

mlyonsd
02-02-2006, 11:56 AM
I can see it now...the seconds count down in the SB and the Chiefs have a comfortable lead.

Edwards is scouring and pacing the sideline, checking and rechecking everything to make sure there is no way the Redskins can catch them. Just one more snap....

Then all of a sudden the bucket of Gatorade comes pouring over Herm's head and shoulders. He turns around to a grinning TO. They hug. They whisper something into each other's ear....they hug again.

And Al Michaels starts into a ballad about how "These two warriors found each other, made each other whole, and together turned the destiny of the lowly Chiefs into a shining example of how bad things can be turned around".

Followed up by John Madden's "Hey where's that turkey with 8 legs?"

Extra Point
02-02-2006, 12:05 PM
"Followed up by John Madden's 'Hey where's that turkey with 8 legs?'"

It's McNabb, TO, Plummer and Shannahan pulling a train....

Predarat
02-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Do they win or just make it? Hell yeah if the win, probably so if they are just guaranteed to make it. So I voted yes.

sedated
02-02-2006, 12:18 PM
There isn't much I wouldn't do for a guaranteed Chiefs Super Bowl win.

coach_L
02-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Chiefs plus TO does not guarantee a Superbowl.. I voted yes though. Other things still have to go our way, but TO adds a demension that's just too hard to mach elsewhere.

htismaqe
02-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I voted yes, even though I think TO + Chiefs = anything BUT the Super Bowl.

Immaculate
02-02-2006, 02:53 PM
I would welcome satan into my home for an SB ring.

wildcat09
02-02-2006, 02:54 PM
if any chiefs fan would say no they are really saying that they don't want the chiefs to go to the superbowl and therefore deserve a kick in the seeds. (or whatever you got down there)

fan4ever
02-02-2006, 03:07 PM
I voted yes, but all season long I would bemoan the fact that he was on my team and downplay his contributions. :rolleyes:

KCChiefsMan
02-02-2006, 03:10 PM
um.....ya

fan4ever
02-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Oh, like I'm the only one.

Chiefs Express
02-02-2006, 03:15 PM
If I were going to sell my soul it would have to be for something way more substantial than the SuperBowl.

I would like to see the Chiefs there as much as anyone, but selling out to the likes of Owens goes beyond any logic you can come up with. The biggest trouble would be that if he got pissed mid-season and pulled the same crap he did in Philly there wouldn't be a SB anyway.

PunkinDrublic
02-02-2006, 03:25 PM
If we were rebuilding I would be hesitant to pick up TO. But in reality with the aging of our offensive line with Roaf and Shields we need a short term solution. TO would make an already potent offense a DCs worst nightmare. Think about it, TO would give us that quick strike offense capability and with LJ running the ball we could dominate the time of possession and rely less on our defense to win us ballgames.

teedubya
02-02-2006, 03:34 PM
wow. overwhelming.

Sure-Oz
02-02-2006, 03:35 PM
YES!

Old Dog
02-02-2006, 03:36 PM
For a Super Bowl, I'd slam my **** in a car door. Definite yes vote.