PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone on the board seen "Capote"?

KChiefs1
02-02-2006, 02:49 PM
This movie is supposedly about the five years Truman Capote was working on "In Cold Blood". I know that Hoffman looks & sounds just like Capote from the previews I've seen. I've always been fascinated with the Clutter killings in Holcomb, KS & have read "In Cold Blood" the book & have seen the movie "In Cold Blood" several times & consider both to be great.

I know I'll see this movie just because I'm interested in the subject matter, but could anyone who has seen it give me a short preview from your personal experience?

Thanks!:clap:

Deberg_1990
02-02-2006, 04:52 PM
nope, havent seen it but Phillip Seymor Hoffman is a hell of an actor.

Braincase
02-02-2006, 05:01 PM
nope, havent seen it but Phillip Seymor Hoffman is a hell of an actor.

I want to check it out. Hoffman got a Best Actor nod and Catherine Keehner got nominated for Best SUpporting Actress for her portrayal of Harper Lee, although most of the Planet folks will know her as the "Hot Gramma".

Sully
02-02-2006, 05:02 PM
I've seen it.
It's a good movie, and as you've heard, Hoffman is great.
I think, if you are all about the killings, you would be mildly disappointed in it, though. The movie deals more with Capote's manipulation of one of the killers, and how he was effected by that personally. It was kinda one of those "When you dance with the devil...the devil changes you" sorta things. I think it just focused on the turmoil and strife he went through to write the book.
It does show the crime, pretty graphically, and goes into the commission of it and how the two guys dealt with it... but like I said, it deals mostly with the things going on internally with Capote as he wrote about it.

Miles
02-02-2006, 05:08 PM
I recently saw it and thought it was great. Hoffman's performace was one of the best I have seen in a while.

the Talking Can
02-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't see movies that promote the gay agenda.