PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion on Charlie Joiner?

TinyEvel
02-04-2006, 01:33 AM
I see a lot of weighing in on here about coordinators and coaches (Gun, Solari, etc.) And there was the WR debate Thursday night, centered around the players...

But I don't recall any big debates about Joiner. So, if the coaches are a big factor, and our WR's are like slow and/or butterfingered. Is he a factor?

Is Herm keeping him a good thing? or Bad.

Discuss...

RealSNR
02-04-2006, 01:44 AM
Considering the only players we've given him that amounted to anything on this team and had prior NFL experience were Johnnie Morton and Eddie Kennison, he really hasn't had a lot to work with. Green threw for 4000 with a WR squad that included a 1st round reject, a raw 4th round speedster, a midget RB, an ex-Arena player and an oft-injured CFLer. We've gotten good production out of these guys considering.

No, he's not responsible to dropped passes and getting overpowered by the defenders in coverage.

FloridaMan88
02-04-2006, 01:45 AM
I see a lot of weighing in on here about coordinators and coaches (Gun, Solari, etc.) And there was the WR debate Thursday night, centered around the players...

But I don't recall any big debates about Joiner. So, if the coaches are a big factor, and our WR's are like slow and/or butterfingered. Is he a factor?

Is Herm keeping him a good thing? or Bad.

Discuss...

I think Joiner has done a good job considering what he has to work with.

Smed1065
02-04-2006, 01:49 AM
How long has he been trying? See ya!

Miles
02-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Given the talent level he has had to work with I think he has done a solid job. Kennison has turned into a pretty decent WR under his watch. In the last few seasons he has progressed from a simple deep threat to a much better all around reciever. Also as badly as Morton played he was even more useless last season in San Fran.

Extra Point
02-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Answer "E:" All of the Above

nychief
02-04-2006, 10:05 AM
He is cute, but I don't think he is ready for a serious relationship.

jspchief
02-04-2006, 11:08 AM
I think Joiner sucks and have said several times on this BB that I thought we needed to get rid of him.

StcChief
02-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Considering what he's had to work with. Good job.

Would like to see a real #1 here.

Or develop more with Sammy, BO, Chris Horn.