PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Party: let's hear the details...

the Talking Can
02-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Even people who don't give a crap about the game show up for a party.

What's on the menu? Are people going all out a la Chiefs tailgate, or sticking with the queso/frozen chicken wings routine?

I'm broke. I'm offering a dozen friends queso (velveeta, ground beef, rotel) and chips and beer. They're bringing the rest.

Who's going all out?

Frankie
02-04-2006, 09:55 AM
We are only planning an orgy just like every year.

Nzoner
02-04-2006, 03:40 PM
We're actually starting tonight as I'm hosting a friends b-day party in the gameroom for what his girlfriend tells me is 90+ people(I hope the hell we can handle it).2 kegs of beer,numerous mixed drinks,smoked brisket with all the fixins.

Don't know how late we're going to go but a few are spending the night so they're here for tomorrow.Pre-game party tomorrow starts at 2 p.m. with some drinks and games(pool,darts etc) food served at 4 homemade beefburgers, cheesy baked potato casserole and more.

Also doing $3 and $5 quarter pots which payout for total score end of each quarter and a 1 day fantasy football challege at $5 per with winner taking all.

redfan
02-04-2006, 04:40 PM
I guess we're going "all out".

Scrimp cocktail
Chili Blanco (wife's)
Chili Verde (mine)
Vegetarian Chili (the Vegan's) :rolleyes: WTH?
Chips & Dips
Somebody made some bread
Beer & Whiskey drinks

Aw screw it, I'm going up to Joe's!
(gonna have to get some kinda scoring pool going with mah peeps)

Jenson71
02-04-2006, 04:40 PM
I'll be in church, and I'm pretty sure the only party will be in the form of a hymn at the end as the priests exit.

redfan
02-04-2006, 04:41 PM
I'll be in church.

Must be a Catholic. ;)
You gotta take care of that early! :)

Hammock Parties
02-04-2006, 04:43 PM
**** Church!

I think I'll make the biggest batch of Buffalo Wings ever and consume them slowly throughought the game.

shaneo69
02-04-2006, 06:04 PM
**** Church!

I think I'll make the biggest batch of Buffalo Wings ever and consume them slowly throughought the game.

So you'll be watching the game by yourself. There's a shock.

Frankie
02-04-2006, 06:52 PM
We are only planning an orgy just like every year.
I'll be in church.

:banghead: Now I feel guilty!!

the Talking Can
02-04-2006, 07:09 PM
We're actually starting tonight as I'm hosting a friends b-day party in the gameroom for what his girlfriend tells me is 90+ people(I hope the hell we can handle it).2 kegs of beer,numerous mixed drinks,smoked brisket with all the fixins.

Don't know how late we're going to go but a few are spending the night so they're here for tomorrow.Pre-game party tomorrow starts at 2 p.m. with some drinks and games(pool,darts etc) food served at 4 homemade beefburgers, cheesy baked potato casserole and more.

Also doing $3 and $5 quarter pots which payout for total score end of each quarter and a 1 day fantasy football challege at $5 per with winner taking all.

damn...that's the way to do it...the betting thing: is the winner whoever gets closest, or do they have to be exact with a rolling pot?

betting might liven things up a bit....

Dunit35
02-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Uh, I'm supposed to work 3-11 tomorrow at Pizza Hut. Screw them...I'm not showing up...so pretty much I quit...

Simplex3
02-04-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm having my annual "Super Bowl Pajama Party".

Every year I host the Super Bowl party so that I'm in charge of the TV. Nobody else I know cares enough about the game to make it the centerpiece of the party. However, I also like to watch games in sweats/shorts, whatever. People started coming to my party in khakis, polos, one year it even got to dress shirts. I put a stop to that s**t by telling everyone that if they showed up in anything more dressy than sweats and a t-shirt they could leave their food and go the hell home. We're not here to look good for eachother, we're here to watch a game and eat too much food.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2006, 07:51 PM
I put a stop to that s**t by telling everyone that if they showed up in anything more dressy than sweats and a t-shirt they could leave their food and go the hell home. We're not here to look good for eachother, we're here to watch a game and eat too much food.

You are my new hero.

58-4ever
02-04-2006, 07:54 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

chiefs4me
02-04-2006, 08:10 PM
BBQ Ribs and all the fixins that go with them...:D

Skip Towne
02-04-2006, 08:18 PM
BBQ Ribs and all the fixins that go with them...:D
What kind of "fixins" have you got?

chiefs4me
02-04-2006, 08:25 PM
What kind of "fixins" have you got?

ahhh, are we talking food wise......:D

Hoover
02-04-2006, 10:28 PM
My menu has changed

I will be serving the leftover from my fundraising event that I had tonight.

Chicken Wings
BBQ Meatballs
Some sort of sausage with pastry around it
Smoked Salmon
Artichoke hearts wrapped in bacon
Imported cheese
Fruit
Assorted deserts

I must sat this is a huge perk of my business. I do a fundraiser for a client, some rich doctor pays for all the food and alcohol, and I take home all the leftovers for my Super Bowl party. Plus, I made 10% of every dollar raised at the event.

Great Night!

redfan
02-04-2006, 10:43 PM
... I do a fundraiser for a client, some rich doctor pays for all the food and alcohol, and I take home all the leftovers for my Super Bowl party. Plus, I made 10% of every dollar raised at the event.

Great Night!

That is great!
Teach me, O wise one.

Sybil
02-04-2006, 10:46 PM
A girlfriend of mine has been a Steeler fan since Bradshaw days, so she and a friend of hers are having a full-fledged tailgate at her house....they are roasting a pig, smoking some brisket, have a keg, a 1.75 of Jagermeister and a case of Red Bull, along with some munchies. She also just bought a 52" HD TV--one she's actually planning to keep. Festivities start at 8 am. I may deliberately miss the first couple of hours so I can pace myself. Otherwise, I'll be snoozing before kickoff.

Hoover
02-04-2006, 10:53 PM
That is great!
Teach me, O wise one.
Teach you how to get free food and beer?

I do this all the time. Most of the time I'm bringing home a tray of fresh veggies or something, but other times I might bump my food order a bit so there will be leftovers.

Last summer I did an event at Lake Okoboji in NW Iowa (Great Party place). Anyway the event was at this guys lake house, and he said he woudl have the food brought in but I was to bring bottels of beer, and he would reimburse me for it. I bought way to much beer, how was I to know :D, you can't run out. So after the event me and my buddies went to our cabin (which I was expensing to my client, along with my mileage to get there and back) and we drank this dudes beer for the rest of the weekend. Talk about a cheap get-a-way, I think I spent 150 bucks at the bars and that was it.

redfan
02-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Teach you how to get free food and beer?

I meant 10% of the funds raised, but food is good.

Hoover
02-04-2006, 11:30 PM
I meant 10% of the funds raised, but food is good.
When I first started in the fundraising business I worked only on a commission (10%). So if my client raised 100K, I made 10K plus my expenses. The problem is when you have a client that doesn't like to do much, but they want to make sure your available when they want you. Most of my contract with clients are a retainer plus commission. Say 1500 bucks a month plus 5%. It works really well. The client that had an event tonight, My contract says that once I have rased "x" amount in an election cycle my commission jumps to 10% plus retainer. So for tonights event which brought in around 47K, I made 4700 bucks, not bad.

Its great when you have top notch clients, but I've been on the other end as well, when you work your ass off for a dude that nobody likes and I don't make a dime.

Nzoner
02-05-2006, 12:34 AM
damn...that's the way to do it...the betting thing: is the winner whoever gets closest, or do they have to be exact with a rolling pot?

betting might liven things up a bit....

Typin slow here cuz I'ma bit wated,the quater pots is drawing a numberr 0 to 9 and wahtever hits each qtr wins.

Over-Head
02-05-2006, 06:06 AM
I'm doing Rib's, nacho's, and polish sausage :thumb:

Here's a VERY easy BBQ sauce you can make inside of 5 mins, and tastes absolutely amazing! I've been perfecting it over the last few years.

½ cup catsup
1/4 onion finely chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp fancy molasses
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp garlic power (NOT SALT)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper/or any spice you like to make it zing a bit. I use Cajun spice.

Mix everything together in a sauce pan, and simmer for approx. 2 mins, or until the onions have softened.
Stuff in the fridge until chilled and thick (I usually make it the night before)

Makes about 3/4 of a cup or just enough to coat 3-4 racks of ribs.

redfan
02-05-2006, 07:00 AM

Its great when you have top notch clients, but I've been on the other end as well, when you work your ass off for a dude that nobody likes and I don't make a dime.

:D
I've been there...
Yeah, it's kinda funny how that works (or doesn't, in that case).