PDA

View Full Version : Teacher suspended for 10 days for using N-Word

Hammock Parties
02-04-2006, 05:06 PM
http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=49293&catId=49

N1GGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! ROFL

KcMizzou
02-04-2006, 05:10 PM
That's hilarious. What a moron.

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 05:11 PM
I didn't bother to click the link, but I'll just assume he called a kid 'n00b'.

FRCDFED
02-04-2006, 05:16 PM
What a controversial topic!! So if he feels that the teacher should lose his job.....does that mean that when a student uses the word they should no longer be allowed to attend school?

KcMizzou
02-04-2006, 05:17 PM
I didn't bother to click the link, but I'll just assume he called a kid 'n00b'.Actually, you should watch it. They interveiw the guy, and he's funny as hell.

KcMizzou
02-04-2006, 05:18 PM
They can't suspend Kotter for that! He's part black!Please, please don't encourage him to break out the ebonics again. It's painful to watch.

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 05:22 PM
CAN YOU LEND A N*GGA A PENCIL? ROFL

He seems nuts.

jspchief
02-04-2006, 05:24 PM
So if he feels that the teacher should lose his job.....does that mean that when a student uses the word they should no longer be allowed to attend school?I thought the same thing. If the school started doling out suspensions to kids for using the word, I imagine it would be racism by the school for stifling their culture.

Clearly it was horrible judgement by the teacher, but I'm not sure he should lose his job over it. I think you have to recognize the intent behind what he was saying.

Simplex3
02-04-2006, 05:26 PM
What a controversial topic!! So if he feels that the teacher should lose his job.....does that mean that when a student uses the word they should no longer be allowed to attend school?
You are the man. I was about to come in here and say that every student should be suspended for 10 days and get failing grades for every day missed. You know, so that the punishment is fair.

|Zach|
02-04-2006, 05:27 PM
You think the same standards should apply to teachers and students?

HolmeZz
Students and teachers don't hold the same responsibilities. It's not a matter of whether that should be the case, it's just reality.

HolmeZz
You suck, Zach.

|Zach|
02-04-2006, 05:28 PM
You suck, Zach.
Booyahkasah!

Simplex3
02-04-2006, 05:29 PM
You think the same standards should apply to teachers and students?
No, students should get by with tons of s**t, especially racist comments. Why not go ahead and instill a sense of entitlement in them? Let them know how the real world will work. You know, where they're privileged and special and don't have to follow the rules the rest of us do.

Hydrae
02-04-2006, 05:29 PM
What is sad for the teacher and the district is that this guy was basically trying to suck up to his students. Especially as an English teacher he should be trying to get them to stop using the word in this manner and get them to TALK PROPER ENGLISH! And he is the honors English teacher? :shake:

Thig Lyfe
02-04-2006, 05:31 PM
What an insensitive cracka.

|Zach|
02-04-2006, 05:31 PM
No, students should get by with tons of s**t, especially racist comments. Why not go ahead and instill a sense of entitlement in them? Let them know how the real world will work. You know, where they're privileged and special and don't have to follow the rules the rest of us do.
There is a lot of room between holding teachers and students to the same standard and letting students do everything and anything they want.

Its not one or the other.

Simplex3
02-04-2006, 05:35 PM
There is a lot of room between holding teachers and students to the same standard and letting students do everything and anything they want.

Its not one or the other.
No, but you've just taught a HS student that he can do something and get away with it, but if he can bait his teacher into it he can get some much desired media attention.

If using the n word is suspendable then it's suspendable. I'm not sure why everyone thinks it's Ok to have low expectations for HS students. HS is supposed to be the final stop before adulthood, and for many kids in a school like that it will be the end of their education.

I think the attitude you display is probably prevalant in today's schools. However, the fact that kids are more out of control, more likely to shoot eachother, and generally more f**ked up by the year shouldn't be pushed aside.

Thig Lyfe
02-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Heh. What a spaz, that teacher.

|Zach|
02-04-2006, 05:38 PM
No, but you've just taught a HS student that he can do something and get away with it, but if he can bait his teacher into it he can get some much desired media attention.

If using the n word is suspendable then it's suspendable. I'm not sure why everyone thinks it's Ok to have low expectations for HS students. HS is supposed to be the final stop before adulthood, and for many kids in a school like that it will be the end of their education.

I think the attitude you display is probably prevalant in today's schools. However, the fact that kids are more out of control, more likely to shoot eachother, and generally more f**ked up by the year shouldn't be pushed aside.
I don't know who you have been talking to but I don't think the students conduct is ok.

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 05:40 PM

The teacher wasn't baited into anything according to the report.

jspchief
02-04-2006, 05:46 PM
The sad thing is, this is probably the result of the teacher having a false belief of having built some repertoire with his students. He probably felt like they had reached a comfort level that allowed him to speak to them on the same level as their freinds, or was trying to accomplish that comfort level. Obviously he was sorely mistaken and should probably know better, but it's too bad he's going to get crucified for trying to relate with kids on their own level.

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 05:47 PM
The sad thing is, this is probably the result of the teacher having a false belief of having built some repertoire with his students. He probably felt like they had reached a comfort level that allowed him to speak to them on the same level as their freinds, or was trying to accomplish that comfort level. Obviously he was sorely mistaken and should probably know better, but it's too bad he's going to get crucified for trying to relate with kids on their own level.

Again, I don't know how you could've gotten that out of that footage alone.

Simplex3
02-04-2006, 05:48 PM
The teacher wasn't baited into anything according to the report.
Actually, the report admits the student wasn't doing what the teacher was asking him to do, namely "sit down".

jspchief
02-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Again, I don't know how you could've gotten that out of that footage alone.So do you believe he was just calling the kid a n*gger?

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 05:54 PM
So do you believe he was just calling the kid a n*gger?

No, and I didn't say he had a bad intent and I don't think he's a racist. He just shouldn't have said it.

Actually, the report admits the student wasn't doing what the teacher was asking him to do, namely "sit down".

It doesn't say he was acting up and I don't believe the teacher said it as if he was. He seems to have said it pretty casually.

Simplex3
02-04-2006, 05:57 PM
No, and I didn't say he had a bad intent and I don't think he's a racist. He just shouldn't have said it.

It doesn't say he was acting up and I don't believe the teacher said it as if he was. He seems to have said it pretty casually.
It was unwise on his part to say it, however if there were no repurcussions against students for using it why should there be against him? Or have you decided that a white person can't use a word but a black person can? If so then you're the racist here, not the teacher.

|Zach|
02-04-2006, 05:59 PM
I have never seen so many arguments thrown on others that actually were not made...

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 06:00 PM
It was unwise on his part to say it, however if there were no repurcussions against students for using it why should there be against him? Or have you decided that a white person can't use a word but a black person can? If so then you're the racist here, not the teacher.

Then I guess you think teachers should be allowed to sleep with their students, seeing as other students can.

The rules don't apply the same to students as they do teachers. It's not a race thing. It's a status thing. I'd say most of the things in this country that are defined as 'racial issues' have a lot more to do with status than race, in reality.

jspchief
02-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Then I guess you think teachers should be allowed to sleep with their students, seeing as other students can.

The rules don't apply the same to students as they do teachers. It's not a race thing. It's a status thing. I'd say most of the things in this country that are defined as 'racial issues' have a lot more to do with status than race, in reality.I don't think the teachers should be able to say it because the students do. I think none of them should be able to say it.

I'd like to see what happened if the school started suspending kids for using the word n*gga.

58-4ever
02-04-2006, 06:04 PM
this is a sensitive issue, even when black people use the term. That is why I changed my avatar which used to contain the word *****. It came from Chappelle's Rick James skit, but some planet members even found it offensive if you can believe that.

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 06:07 PM
I don't think the teachers should be able to say it because the students do. I think none of them should be able to say it.

I'd like to see what happened if the school started suspending kids for using the word n*gga.

I don't know what schools you went to, but the ones I went to, a student would get suspended if he cursed out a teacher.

This is all kind've getting away from the point though. A teacher can't talk to a student the way other students talk to each other. Plain and simple. A teacher can't say "check out the babe in the skirt". A student can say that to another though. Does that mean saying that shouldn't be allowed? Of course not.

|Zach|
02-04-2006, 06:08 PM
It wouldn't have gone over in my school...I am only a few years removed from HS.

jspchief
02-04-2006, 06:11 PM
I don't know what schools you went to, but the ones I went to, a student would get suspended if he cursed out a teacher.

This is all kind've getting away from the point though. A teacher can't talk to a student the way other students talk to each other. Plain and simple. A teacher can't say "check out the babe in the skirt". A student can say that to another though. Does that mean saying that shouldn't be allowed? Of course not.I'm not talking about "cursing out". I'm talking about use of the word n*gger and it's derivatives such as n*gga.

If the word is so offensive, no one should be allowed to use it. IMO, it should be treated like f*ck, shit, or any other forbidden word.

jspchief
02-04-2006, 06:12 PM
It wouldn't have gone over in my school...I am only a few years removed from HS.No, it wouldn't go over. Odds are, the school would be accused of stifling culture.

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm not talking about "cursing out". I'm talking about use of the word n*gger and it's derivatives such as n*gga.

If the word is so offensive, no one should be allowed to use it. IMO, it should be treated like f*ck, shit, or any other forbidden word.

You wouldn't get suspended for just saying 'f*ck' or 'shit' though.

jspchief
02-04-2006, 06:14 PM
You wouldn't get suspended for just saying 'f*ck' or 'shit' though.You should.

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 06:15 PM
You should.

Unless you're saying something offensive, no.

jspchief
02-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Unless you're saying something offensive, no.The words are offensive regardless of context. Go walk into a restaraunt and start throwing F-bombs around. See if the patrons and management think it's offensive.

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 06:18 PM
The words are offensive regardless of context. Go walk into a restaraunt and start throwing F-bombs around. See if the patrons and management think it's offensive.

If you're offended by just hearing the word shit, you've got to remove the stick from your bum.

jspchief
02-04-2006, 06:24 PM
If you're offended by just hearing the word shit, you've got to remove the stick from your bum. We're not talking about what I'm offended by. We're talking about general public conduct and manners. I'm not offended when my buddy belches, but I don't want him doing it while we're eating at a nice restraunt. I'm not offended when by someone who says f*ck, but I recognize there are settings when it's inappropriate.

If you think those words aren't offensive without context, I suggest you walk into a crowd of black people and say n*gger. Or walk into a church congregation and say f*ck. Or walk up to a family at Worlds of Fun and say asshole.

There's no viable reason that students should be allowed to use that kind of language in school. If you think they should, I feel sorry for your upbringing.

BigMeatballDave
02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I cannot believe anyone can get so upset over a word. Rise above it. I guess I'm just an ignorant cracker...

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 06:31 PM
I didn't say n*igger wasn't offensive without context. I said simply saying **** and shit aren't.

dj56dt58
02-04-2006, 06:32 PM
I bet if the teacher was black, nothing would have been made of it. If "*****" is offensive, then why can blacks say it and not whites? Sounds like racial discrimination if anything...I hear black people call white people crackers all the time and nothing is made of it. Hell, the teacher probably hears it so much, it just slipped out. That doesn't make him a racist.

Mr. Kotter
02-04-2006, 06:32 PM
The words are offensive regardless of context. Go walk into a restaraunt and start throwing F-bombs around. See if the patrons and management think it's offensive.

Except for homophobic. People have no reason to be offended by that, of course. ;)

Hammock Parties
02-04-2006, 06:42 PM
I bet if the teacher was black, nothing would have been made of it.

Yep. This is bullshit.

FRCDFED
02-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Clearly the teacher made a poor judgement call. Even if he was trying to relate to their culture he was wrong. That type of language along with sh*t, F*ck, or any other curse word should not be allowed in school. Teachers shouldn't try to relate, nor should they try to "raise" my kids at school. Nor do I expect the teacher to be my kids' friend. They are expected to be role models and know the difference between right and wrong. When I send my children to school I expect them to spend the day in an environment that is safe where they can learn.

I do my best to raise my children right at home. I would expect my children to be punished if they ever used that language in school and if they did they could expect to get it twice as hard when they got home!

If that kid used that language then he should've been suspended or sent to detention. Three strikes and then he should be looking for another place to go school!

|Zach|
02-04-2006, 06:59 PM
I bet if the teacher was black, nothing would have been made of it. If "*****" is offensive, then why can blacks say it and not whites? Sounds like racial discrimination if anything...I hear black people call white people crackers all the time and nothing is made of it. Hell, the teacher probably hears it so much, it just slipped out. That doesn't make him a racist.
Does being called a cracker offend you?

jspchief
02-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Does being called a cracker offend you?Brings up an interesting question. Which is worse?

Me calling someone n*gga with no ill intent, but inadvertantly offending them.

Or someone calling me cracker with every intention of offending, even if it doesn't bother me.

I know I'm capable of shrugging off a statement that is clearly offensive in intent. But I'm not sure there are that many blacks that would ignore my use of the word n*gga, even if my intent was anything but offense.

|Zach|
02-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Brings up an interesting question. Which is worse?

Me calling someone n*gga with no ill intent, but inadvertantly offending them.

Or someone calling me cracker with every intention of offending, even if it doesn't bother me.

I know I'm capable of shrugging off a statement that is clearly offensive in intent. But I'm not sure there are that many blacks that would ignore my use of the word n*gga, even if my intent was anything but offense.
I have always found the term cracker funny...and not once it my life has it been said to me in a serious manner...

jspchief
02-04-2006, 07:08 PM
I have always found the term cracker funny...and not once it my life has it been said to me in a serious manner...Just guessing, I'd say a large majority of whites don't find cracker offensive.

But I've certainly heard it used with malicious intent before.

jettio
02-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Those news reports are pretty funny.

This teacher is the perfect mark for making the argument that he makes, if he said the word without the hard r sound and was not trying to insult.

The later clip of the news conference of african-american "leaders" is funny also. In some cities, if the dude is a decent teacher, he would never be replaced by one as good, but they want that dude run out of town.

Bet the local news loves this story and the cast of characters that came with it.

A teacher probably deserves some kind of discipline for using a word that can an epithet, but so should every student that uses the same word.

Simplex3
02-04-2006, 07:15 PM

This is all kind've getting away from the point though. A teacher can't talk to a student the way other students talk to each other. Plain and simple. A teacher can't say "check out the babe in the skirt". A student can say that to another though. Does that mean saying that shouldn't be allowed? Of course not.
So you're Ok with accepting a lower standard of behavior from students rather than trying to raise their standard of behavior, ie educate them. Got it.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2006, 07:47 PM
But I'm not sure there are that many blacks that would ignore my use of the word n*gga, even if my intent was anything but offense.

That's because most black people have a huge chip on their shoulder and feel the white man should continue paying for the past.

Simplex3
02-04-2006, 07:53 PM
That's because most black people have a huge chip on their shoulder and feel the white man should continue paying for the past.
A past they don't understand or actually have any grasp on. The group of blacks who, as you describe, have a chip on their shoulder, generally don't know why they do or are basing it on incorrect information. Of course the race pimps like Sharpton, Jackson, etc don't have anything to do with that.

|Zach|
02-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Most? How outlandish...

Hammock Parties
02-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Most? How outlandish...

Everyone but Colin Powell.

Simplex3
02-04-2006, 07:57 PM
He isn't black, dumbass.

Nelson Muntz
02-04-2006, 08:03 PM
He isn't black, dumbass.

Listen to George Carlin sometime and maybe you might understand it a little better, dumbass.

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Most? How outlandish...

To be fair, not many black people visit Cheese's basement.

chiefs4me
02-04-2006, 08:04 PM
I don't like the word, and it is never used in my house, and as for cussing at school, I have a 10th and 12th grader, and if they say shit or ****, they are out of school for 3 days starting the moment the word left their mouth....

chiefs4me
02-04-2006, 08:06 PM
ooh where's skip...I got to play me some post count poker.....ROFL

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Listen to George Carlin sometime and maybe you might understand it a little better, dumbass.

http://clarityandresolve.com/archives/nelson.jpg

BigMeatballDave
02-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Everyone but Colin Powell.And Condi...

|Zach|
02-04-2006, 08:23 PM
I am sorry, you couldn't be more out of touch on this.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2006, 08:41 PM
I have a 10th and 12th grader, and if they say shit or ****, they are out of school for 3 days starting the moment the word left their mouth....

You have issues.

reddick
02-04-2006, 09:22 PM
If you act like a ****** expect to be called one. :cuss:

HolmeZz
02-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Now he's got some blue balls to go along with that Red Dick.

chiefs4me
02-05-2006, 11:20 AM
You have issues.

Dont' be stupid...I don't kick them out of school...the school does for cussing.....:rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
02-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Dont' be stupid...I don't kick them out of school...the school does for cussing.....:rolleyes:

The school has issues.

KcMizzou
02-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Bye.
:clap:

StcChief
02-05-2006, 11:30 AM
So if Cracker, Honky, Whitey are uttered that ok.

KcMizzou
02-05-2006, 11:31 AM
So if Cracker, Honky, Whitey are uttered that ok.Ok by me. :shrug:

chiefs4me
02-05-2006, 11:36 AM
The school has issues.

It probably does, but then I don't want my kids in a school where it is okay to tell the teacher to go **** off.........:shrug:

Chieftain58
02-05-2006, 11:51 AM
If your black you can say it if not you can't!

Demonpenz
02-05-2006, 01:01 PM
I would probably get offended if someone called me white trash. Just because of the meth infested wife beating tatoo tear underneth the eye mother ****ers that mess with me at speedy's

Sure-Oz
02-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Everytime i read the thread subject I think it says Teicher suspended for 10 days....

Next time I go to class I might ask "Can you lend a sand ***** a pencil?"

KcMizzou
02-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Next time I go to class I might ask "Can you lend a sand ***** a pencil?"ROFL

headsnap
02-05-2006, 03:29 PM
If you're offended by just hearing the word shit, you've got to remove the stick from your bum.

we could also say the same thing about nigga... ;)

Demonpenz
02-05-2006, 03:36 PM
at first i thought it said Tiecher. Uh oh adam must have told whitlock off

headsnap
02-05-2006, 03:36 PM
sticks & stones may break my bones, but most words will never hurt me!!! :shake:

dj56dt58
02-05-2006, 03:41 PM
If your black you can say it if not you can't!
Why? If blacks find it offensive, then why do they say it? Obviously they don't find it that offensive or they wouldn't say it. And like I said, why should whites not be able to say that, but blacks can call white people crackers? It goes both ways here