PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the conclusion of Super Bowl XL

CoMoChief
02-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Good game I thought. Good defensive battle through out the entire game. The Seahawks were better than I had thought defensively. The Steelers offense wasn't really doing anything all night with the exception of Hines Ward.

Super Bowl commercials were pretty amusing IMO. The Caveman getting stomped on by the dinosaur and the "Don't judge too quickly" commericals were my favorites. Although Budweiser ruled the airwaves through out the game.

For it being the Super Bowl, That was the worst Pre game entertainment and Halftime show I had ever seen. The Rolling Stones proved to be the most washed up rock band in the country and possibly the history of music. The Stevie Wonder routine was terrible. Talk about ruining our National Anthem!!! That was by far the worst National Anthem I had ever heard. I would rather have Carl Lewis or Ozzy Osbourne do it if I had known it was gonna be that bad.

All in all I was disappointed with everything outside of the game itself. The Super Bowl has become so big of an event that it almost has gotten too big.

Jerome Bettis running out of the tunnel first before all of his teammates that actually got him there in the first place was not called for. I dont care how much of a legacy he is in Detroit or how much he means to the city of Pittsburgh, he is not bigger than the team, or the game for that matter. This whole SB XL should have stood for "Selling Bettis XL" because that's exactly what this whole Super Bowl was all about, Jerome Bettis. I'm glad it's over now, even thought I will have to hear about him retiring on Sports Center for the next week or so.

I'm not even gonna talk about Brady doing the coin toss. That just speaks for itself. Someone else that has been a NFL SB MVP not currently playing in the league should have tossed it, not someone who lost in the playoffs a few weeks ago.

Everything outside tonite's game was a disappointment IMO.

BigMeatballDave
02-05-2006, 10:11 PM
I absolutely HATE SB halftime shows. They all suck. Bad.

02-05-2006, 10:15 PM
That Brady coin toss pissed me off. I am sick of the Pats. He looked like he really wanted to be there too. Not that I would blame him. Football players only want to play in the SB not toss the friggin coin.

TEX
02-05-2006, 10:20 PM
I was just waiting for Hassleback to "pull a Grbac" and spike the ball on 4th down. But then I realized only Grbac was that fkn s-t-u-p-i-d.

02-05-2006, 10:21 PM
I was just waiting for Hassleback to "pull a Grbac" and spike the ball on 4th down. But then I realized only Grbac was that fkn s-t-u-p-i-d.

Thanks for reminding us of that one.

Coach
02-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Halftime show was pitiful. Tom Brady doing the coin flip was pitiful. I can name a few folks that belong there instead of some football player.

Overall, it was a good game. A little bit on the boring side, but good game nonethless. Oh, and I guess Mike Holmgren probably needs his head re-examined. I have no idea what in the hell he was trying to do in the last minute during the drive. Of course, their FG kicker didn't make 2 FG's, so I guess that somewhat factored in, but still....

BigMeatballDave
02-05-2006, 10:23 PM
ROFL

Hammock Parties
02-05-2006, 10:23 PM
The commercials were awesome.

beer bacon
02-05-2006, 10:24 PM
I absolutely HATE SB halftime shows. They all suck. Bad.

Last year's was good.

Dunit35
02-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Decided not to watch the halftime show. Unimpressed with the game. But it was good to see the AFC win again.

plbrdude
02-05-2006, 10:25 PM

throwin a 2 yard pass in bounds on 3rd & 10 is almost just as good.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Good game, kind of. The score was closer than I thought. Pitt was too much coming in, and Seattle did a good job at keeping it pretty close.

As far as the halftime show...crap. The commercials...crap. Worst in sometime, both of them.

Carlota69
02-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Is it true that Holmgren didn't meet Cowher after the game for the obligatory-congratulatory handshake? If so, what a classless piece of shit.

Warrior5
02-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Here are my honest thoughts at the conclusion of SB XL:

1. FA starts early March.

2. Draft is in April.

3. When are the Chiefs going to publish dates for TC? (because I'm going to River Falls this year)

Spicy McHaggis
02-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Two of my buddies are Steelers fans and they came over and watched the game with us. I was happy Cowher got the win and my friends got to enjoy it but it really just made me realize how badly I want to watch Lamar Hunt hold that trophy up.

Garcia Bronco
02-06-2006, 02:33 PM
The X stands for Xtra and the L stands for Lame