PDA

View Full Version : Would you play for the Chiefs at a discounted rate?

ferrarispider95
02-05-2006, 11:26 PM
If you were a pro football player would you play for the chiefs at a discounted rate? This is contingent on the chiefs trying to bring you in, but offered you less than you could get from another team. You are going to be a starter on both teams.

The reason I ask, I was just listening to Alexander talking and he is hoping that Seahawks can work something out, so he can come back. Meaning, he hopes they will free up enough money to pay him and if not he will leave. There is no loyalty in this league, its all about the money.

From me on the outside, wearing the red and gold would be worth atleast giving up 10% of my salary, but maybe I am just a disillusioned fan. IF you are smart with your money, you can probably make up the difference anyways.

Hammock Parties
02-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Absolutely.

chappy
02-06-2006, 12:05 AM
I would but as a player you have no choice where your drafted. alexander knew nothing about the seahawks before he was drafted by them i doubt they are his life long favorite team.

Taco John
02-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Not only no, but hell no.

I wouldn't play for any team at a discounted rate. An NFL career is a very small window, and I would do what I could to maximize my earning potential in order to make myself comfortable during the dog days of arthritis and spinal disorders growing old. I wouldn't care what team I played on, so long as I was playing for the most amount of money that I could reasonably get...

If I got long in the tooth, and comfortable somewhere, then I'd consider making concessions in salary. But as a young player, no way.

Fat Elvis
02-06-2006, 12:14 AM
A lot of it depends on how close the Chiefs are to being a Super Bowl contender. If they are close, then yes, but if they are rebuilding, forget it.

TEX
02-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Alexander is g-o-n-e. That guy has always been about the $$$ but at least he tells it like it is. I admire that.

Having said that, I'd give my current team a little discount if I were confortable that they were committed to winning and how close they were to contending.

Rain Man
02-06-2006, 12:18 AM
If I was an NFL free agent, I would definitely give up some money to play for the Chiefs. It would probably be a larger percentage if I was an NFL star, as opposed to a barely-on-the-roster journeyman.

The only way that I wouldn't do it would be if I was battling for the 53rd roster spot, in which case I'd have no choice but to go to the place where I've got the best chance of hanging on.

Dunit35
02-06-2006, 12:30 AM
I would.

NJ Chief Fan
02-06-2006, 12:33 AM
no id expect peyton mangina or ron mexico type money