PDA

View Full Version : Michael Irvin is an idiot

banyon
02-06-2006, 10:45 PM
On Sprotscenter, just listed "Broncos with T.O." as the 3rd best team in football behind Indy and Pit. :Lin:

Why is he still on my T.V. every other day? :banghead:

greg63
02-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Michael Irvin is an idiot

Your just now figuring this out? :p

KCWolfman
02-06-2006, 10:58 PM
I remember last pre-season how everyone touted Randy Moss vastly improving the offense of the raiduhs.

You can have a full gross of high caliber bullets, but if you don't have a decent gun they are wasted. The same is true of WRs and QBs.

jspchief
02-06-2006, 10:59 PM
I remember last pre-season how everyone touted Randy Moss vastly improving the offense of the raiduhs.

You can have a full gross of high caliber bullets, but if you don't have a decent gun they are wasted. The same is true of WRs and QBs.Not to mention no way to stop your opponents bullets.

Jim Jones
02-06-2006, 11:06 PM

You can have a full gross of high caliber bullets, but if you don't have a decent gun they are wasted. The same is true of WRs and QBs.

Well to be fair, Oakland didn't make the AFC Championship the year before.

KCWolfman
02-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Well to be fair, Oakland didn't make the AFC Championship the year before.
And denver didn't get past the AFC championship mainly because of their Gun/QB.

While T.O. would be an improvement on the physical side, especially with the aging of Smith, they still would have his attitude to deal with (see Clinton Portis) and still don't have a real threat at QB to make that much of a difference (IMO).

jspchief
02-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Denver still has a terrible secondary, that gets completely exposed if a team can neutralize the blitz like Pittsburgh did.

Terrell Owens isn't a CB.

Dunit35
02-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Michael Irvin is a moron. He should not be allowed into the Hall for atleast 10-15 more years, if ever.

kcxiv
02-07-2006, 02:39 AM
On Sprotscenter, just listed "Broncos with T.O." as the 3rd best team in football behind Indy and Pit. :Lin:

Why is he still on my T.V. every other day? :banghead:
What team is better then Denver thats not Indy and Pitt? Seattle "maybe" other then that. i dont see another.

Ultra Peanut
02-07-2006, 06:05 AM
My son is in the afterlife now because of these crayons and "construction" paper, which I say is "destruction" paper. That is a little joke, but I am not laughing.

Mecca
02-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Michael Irvin is a moron. He should not be allowed into the Hall for atleast 10-15 more years, if ever.

Well, idiot or not, he does have Hall of Fame stats.......

Mile High Mania
02-07-2006, 06:36 AM
All this chatter about TO in Denver... good lord. I guess I need to mentally prepare myself.

donkhater
02-07-2006, 06:49 AM
What team is better then Denver thats not Indy and Pitt? Seattle "maybe" other then that. i dont see another.
I think any year that Brady and Belicheck have a healthy team, the Patriots should be regarded as the favorite IMHO.

ZepSinger
02-07-2006, 07:43 AM
I just couldn't get past that weird hairline of his. Am I the only one who noticed that?

greg63
02-07-2006, 07:45 AM
I just couldn't get past that weird hairline of his. Am I the only one who noticed that?

I didn't, but then again I wasn't watching.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-07-2006, 07:54 AM
is this a spin-off of Roy's thread http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135275

KCTitus
02-07-2006, 07:54 AM

The local sports talkers were discussing Irvin's HOF credentials, and it was noted his numbers were the same as Andre Rison's. Does that mean that SB rings are the deciding factor? I hope not.

greg63
02-07-2006, 08:32 AM
The local sports talkers were discussing Irvin's HOF credentials, and it was noted his numbers were the same as Andre Rison's. Does that mean that SB rings are the deciding factor? I hope not.

...Almost certainly.

KCTitus
02-07-2006, 08:34 AM
...Almost certainly.

Being part of a SB winning team should not be an automatic entrance into the HOF.

Does that make Neil Smith HOF material where DT is not?

greg63
02-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Being part of a SB winning team should not be an automatic entrance into the HOF.

Does that make Neil Smith HOF material where DT is not?

...Not in my opinion; too bad it doesn't count for anything.

Calcountry
02-07-2006, 09:55 AM
And denver didn't get past the AFC championship mainly because of their Gun/QB.

While T.O. would be an improvement on the physical side, especially with the aging of Smith, they still would have his attitude to deal with (see Clinton Portis) and still don't have a real threat at QB to make that much of a difference (IMO).Its great to see you here dude. :thumb:

ck_IN
02-07-2006, 10:12 AM
He is an idiot but what part of his statement is untrue?

If anyone can get through to TO Shanny might be the guy. I doubt he can but if anyone can it'd be him. That gives Denver their running game which is always top 5. Lelie on one side who is a very good #2. And Rod Smith on the other side. Put TO in a slot, run some play action and all Jake has to do is put the ball in the right zip code.

If they get TO and TO keeps his head screwed on straight Denver is immediately a top 5 team.

ROYC75
02-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Nothing new about this ..................

morphius
02-07-2006, 10:43 AM
If anyone can get through to TO Shanny might be the guy.

You mean the way he worked well with Kennison?

Wichita Lineman
02-07-2006, 10:55 AM
I think you have to include Terrel Davis,Stephen A, John Salley,right along side of this idiot and don't forget the Sharpes.

KCTitus
02-07-2006, 11:00 AM
...Not in my opinion; too bad it doesn't count for anything.

Well, true, but whose opinion should count? 39 sportswriters like King, DrZ and Gretz or the actual HOF players who did it on the field?

I'd say the latter, since the average intellect here is severl notches higher than most sportswriters.