PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger on Letterman

tk13
02-06-2006, 11:06 PM
ROFL Anyone see that, he just said he didn't think he got in on the dive that was called a touchdown... I'm surprised he was that honest. Said he went to the sideline and told Cowher he didn't think he made it, but they were prepared to go for it on 4th down. Now they're shaving his beard.

greg63
02-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Heh, I'm watching old episodes of Seinfeld.

Simplex3
02-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Every time the guy speaks I like him more. Seems like a stand-up guy. I'd run through walls for a guy that was honest with me.

Mecca
02-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Every time the guy speaks I like him more. Seems like a stand-up guy. I'd run through walls for a guy that was honest with me.

Of course he's also the same guy who came across as a total asshole on an ESPN piece I saw. It was about riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Jamie Henderson a DB who use to play for the Jets(not sure if you're familiar with him) wrecked his motorcycle and nearly died. He was talking about how Georgia had a helmet law and it was the only reason he was wearing one and he'd likely be dead if not for the law.

Then they cut to Ben who promptly says "you aren't my dad don't tell me what to do."

That rubbed me the wrong way...........

Lurch
02-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Of course he's also the same guy who came across as a total asshole on an ESPN piece I saw. It was about riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Jamie Henderson a DB who use to play for the Jets(not sure if you're familiar with him) wrecked his motorcycle and nearly died. He was talking about how Georgia had a helmet law and it was the only reason he was wearing one and he'd likely be dead if not for the law.

Then they cut to Ben who promptly says "you aren't my dad don't tell me what to do."

That rubbed me the wrong way...........

Libertarian types don't take to seat belt laws, helmet laws, or being told what to do.....in a Nanny-type way. I suspect Ben is an Easy Rider kinda guy. It will serve him well as an NFL QB.

Mecca
02-06-2006, 11:40 PM
Libertarian types don't take to seat belt laws, helmet laws, or being told what to do.....in a Nanny-type way. I suspect Ben is an Easy Rider kinda guy. It will serve him well as an NFL QB.

Either way telling a guy who nearly died who's simply stating what could happen to you. "You aren't my dad" is a pretty asshole thing to do.

leviw
02-06-2006, 11:40 PM

He's the biggest d*ck in the NFL, according to many. I was cheering for the Steelers and Roethlisberger's collapse on Sunday. Close enough.

Lurch
02-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Either way telling a guy who nearly died who's simply stating what could happen to you. "You aren't my dad" is a pretty asshole thing to do.

He's young. You don't learn tact until 25, or after 5 years of marriage.

Lurch
02-06-2006, 11:43 PM
He's the biggest d*ck in the NFL, according to many. I was cheering for the Steelers and Roethlisberger's collapse on Sunday. Close enough.

Dick? Seriously?

The only flaw I've found is he grew up a fan of John Elway. Which sucks. And you may have a point....now that I think about it...

Mecca
02-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Dick? Seriously?

The only flaw I've found is he grew up a fan of John Elway. Which sucks. And you may have a point....now that I think about it...

Well 1 day I had the radio on...........and Petro was talking about how he talked to him before he was drafted and he was a great guy. Then in less than 1 year he turned into a complete dick.

Taco John
02-06-2006, 11:46 PM

Not to play match-maker, but I hear DenverChief is looking for someone like that too. You might think about putting the PM system here to work.

KChiefsQT
02-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Well 1 day I had the radio on...........and Petro was talking about how he talked to him before he was drafted and he was a great guy. Then in less than 1 year he turned into a complete dick.
Aren't all 24 year olds??

Mecca
02-06-2006, 11:48 PM

I resent that remark.........

Lurch
02-06-2006, 11:49 PM

Bitterness hasn't faded yet, eh? You need a grudge-f*&^......

Simplex3
02-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Not to play match-maker, but I hear DenverChief is looking for someone like that too. You might think about putting the PM system here to work.
In which part of my post did I say I'd take it up the a** for a guy like that?

You've been hanging out with Plummer too much.

KChiefsQT
02-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Bitterness hasn't faded yet, eh? You need a grudge-f*&^......
no..no... I'm doing just fine over here.

KChiefsQT
02-06-2006, 11:59 PM
I resent that remark.........
:p

Simplex3
02-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Getting better by the day? Have you gone a whole day without thinking of a**hat yet?

tk13
02-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Man I just realized that was Mecca, I thought all those posts were by Dunit... I was confused. Like this whole ENDelt/Taco John thing.

Lurch
02-07-2006, 12:05 AM

Glad to hear. Seriously. At your age, the field is deep, and the selection is good....just don't burn too much time with sensitive cowboy types that wear pink. They are holding out for gochiefs.

Dunit35
02-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Big Ben seems like a pretty straight forward guy. But what he said to the motorcycle guy was kinda dumb and immature.

KChiefsQT
02-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Glad to hear. Seriously. At your age, the field is deep, and the selection is good....just don't burn too much time with sensitive cowboy types that wear pink. They are holding out for gochiefs.
heh. the metrosexuals...not so much my type. :)

Mecca
02-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Man I just realized that was Mecca, I thought all those posts were by Dunit... I was confused. Like this whole ENDelt/Taco John thing.

I'm not recoginizable without the USC Avatar........

Lurch

Oh, crap. You almost married gochiefs. My bad.

KChiefsQT
Getting better by the day? Have you gone a whole day without thinking of a**hat yet?
I'm not sure if that's gonna be possible for awhile. Let's just put it this way: I'm not dwelling all day, lounging around the house crying about it. I'm a happy camper with a smile.

KChiefsQT
02-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Oh, crap. You almost married gochiefs. My bad.
:cuss:

GoChiefs abducted my account for the night.

tk13
Big Ben seems like a pretty straight forward guy. But what he said to the motorcycle guy was kinda dumb and immature.
AHHH! There's the other one. Make it stop!

Simplex3
I'm not sure if that's gonna be possible for awhile. Let's just put it this way: I'm not dwelling all day, lounging around the house crying about it. I'm a happy camper with a smile.
Very good. Progress is progress.

Mecca

What about guys who look similiar to Jesus.........

Lurch
02-07-2006, 12:10 AM
:cuss:

GoChiefs abducted my account for the night.

Yeah, sure.

KChiefsQT
02-07-2006, 12:11 AM
What about guys who look similiar to Jesus.........
I'm not sure about those either. I don't want to think about Jesus when I'm ...

nevermind... heheeheh :)

tk13
02-07-2006, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure about those either. I don't want to think about Jesus when I'm ...

nevermind... heheeheh :)
Eh, you're gonna scream it anyway.

greg63
02-07-2006, 07:42 AM

Yea, but the two are not mutually exclusive to one another. You can be a straight forward, dumb guy; just look at me.

KCTitus
02-07-2006, 07:50 AM
ROFL Anyone see that, he just said he didn't think he got in on the dive that was called a touchdown...

Funny...the side judge thought the same thing for about 3-4 seconds before punching it in for him.

Skip Towne
02-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Ben's grandma is a very nice lady.

greg63
02-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Funny...the side judge thought the same thing for about 3-4 seconds before punching it in for him.

ROFLROFLROFL

...Yeah, I noticed that too. It was like he was feeling generous right at the last second.

Bowser
02-07-2006, 08:40 AM
I'd run through walls for a guy that was honest with me.

You're an a-hole. Now run through a wall.

:)