PDA

View Full Version : Something i haven't seen mentioned.

HMc
02-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Hasselbeck sacked at about 12:00 in the 4th.

Haggans a mile offside.

This leads them to 2nd and long, where they run Alexander for not much.

3rd and Long, Hasselback throws it to Taylor, and then the blocking call.

The last point has been done to death but i haven't seen anyone discuss that it came from a non call on an offside linebacker. They call that and it's a 15 yard turn around, and the INT, and hence crazy block doesn't happen.

Mecca
02-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Pittsburgh jumped offside about 4 or 5 times to no flag, it wasn't a rare occurance.

tk13
02-06-2006, 11:44 PM
That Alexander play was a horse collar tackle too. Which I have no problem letting slide, except they turned right around and called another ticky-tack foul just like that on Hasselbeck for the "illegal block".

HMc
02-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Mecca,

True, but 2 minutes after this randle el throws the deep pass to ward, and the game is over.

Lurch
02-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Pittsburgh jumped offside about 4 or 5 times to no flag, it wasn't a rare occurance.

Hell, that was the second half alone. They did it the first half numerous times as well. But if the Refs aren't gonna call it, do you really blame them?

Mecca
02-06-2006, 11:47 PM
The game just felt like they weren't gonna let Seattle win.........atleast that was the feeling I had.

HMc
02-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Basically they call that offside and the Hawks are in a position to go up on the board. They don't, the hawks retreat thanks to the sack and the QB is pressured into a bad play.

Basically, significant ref error lead to the hawks not getting at least 3 points, and the steelers getting field postion to score 7.

jspchief
02-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Hasselbeck sacked at about 12:00 in the 4th.

Haggans a mile offside.

This leads them to 2nd and long, where they run Alexander for not much.

3rd and Long, Hasselback throws it to Taylor, and then the blocking call.

The last point has been done to death but i haven't seen anyone discuss that it came from a non call on an offside linebacker. They call that and it's a 15 yard turn around, and the INT, and hence crazy block doesn't happen.That entire series of events was a horrible mix of no-calls and bad calls. From the non call on offsides, to the non call on the horse collar, to the subsequent bullshit call on Hasselbeck's tackle.

Lurch
02-06-2006, 11:55 PM
The game just felt like they weren't gonna let Seattle win.........atleast that was the feeling I had.

Same one I had about the Indy-Pitt game. Thought the refs were gonna give the game to Indy, but Pitt overcame it...

Dunit35
02-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Pitt wasn't going to be denied this title. It was obvious.

Lurch
02-06-2006, 11:57 PM

Kinda like New England 4 years ago.....I hate the Raiders, but the Raiders beat them in the AFC Championship. And St. Louis beat them in the SB. Only to have the refs steal the game for the Patriots, both times.

Mecca
02-07-2006, 12:01 AM

This is the game that is always going to remembered as the crappy officiated one more than anything else. Now if any Steeler fan brings up this game they'll get "ah that game where you guys got the breaks?"

This Superbowl isn't gonna be remembered for any great performances by players that's for sure.......

Simplex3
02-07-2006, 12:01 AM
http://www.stupid.com/images/violin-tiny.jpg

Think you guys can get over this sometime this week?

KChiefsQT
02-07-2006, 12:02 AM

Think you guys can get over this sometime this week?
You took the words right outta my mouth.

jspchief
02-07-2006, 12:04 AM

Think you guys can get over this sometime this week?Yea, because it's been a whole day already, and there is so much more going on in the football world. :rolleyes:

Lurch
02-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Yea, because it's been a whole day already, and there is so much more going on in the football world. :rolleyes:

Maybe we ought to start a "Simplex is Gay" thread....where is SDChiefsfan?

tk13
02-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Pitchers and catchers report in 10 days!!! Yeah!

KCWolfman
02-07-2006, 12:07 AM
This is the game that is always going to remembered as the crappy officiated one more than anything else. Now if any Steeler fan brings up this game they'll get "ah that game where you guys got the breaks?"

This Superbowl isn't gonna be remembered for any great performances by players that's for sure.......
You do realize that TWO SB records were broken last night, don't you?

Mecca
02-07-2006, 12:08 AM

Awesome.....Baseball is a good sport to get in a nap to, I'm ready.

Mecca
02-07-2006, 12:08 AM
You do realize that TWO SB records were broken last night, don't you?

They were? I hope they weren't for ineptitude..........

Lurch
02-07-2006, 12:12 AM

INT return and TD run....both by 1 yd, IIRC.

KCWolfman
02-07-2006, 12:13 AM
75 yard TD run by Parker (The real MVP last night IMO)
and a 76 yard INT return by Herndon

Unfortunately stupid plays like Hasselbacks INT and Steven's inability to hold the passes dropped directly on him detracted from the better moments.

tk13
02-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Awesome.....Baseball is a good sport to get in a nap to, I'm ready.
Not on ChiefsPlanet, only about 2 months to the third annual tk13/Skip Towne meltdown! YEAAAAH! It's like Wrestlemania, without the strippers.

Mecca
02-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Kelly Herndon has a Superbowl record.........that almost goes up there with Timmy Smith.

Mecca
02-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Not on ChiefsPlanet, only about 2 months to the third annual tk13/Skip Towne meltdown! YEAAAAH! It's like Wrestlemania, without the strippers.

Wrestlemania has strippers now? Why did I stop ordering that PPV..... :banghead:

Lurch
02-07-2006, 12:15 AM

Maybe memyselfi, chiefs4me, and kcchiefsqt will volunteer....er, eh....well, 1 of 3 isn't a bad thought....

tk13
02-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Kelly Herndon has a Superbowl record.........that almost goes up there with Timmy Smith.
As the official bandwagon leader of Kelly Herndon to Kansas City last year, I have to mention that I didn't see Patrick Surtain pick off any passes last night...

Mecca
02-07-2006, 12:18 AM
As the official bandwagon leader of Kelly Herndon to Kansas City last year, I have to mention that I didn't see Patrick Surtain pick off any passes last night...

I don't think God could have achieved that with the Dline we were sporting.........

KChiefsQT
02-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Maybe memyselfi, chiefs4me, and kcchiefsqt will volunteer....er, eh....well, 1 of 3 isn't a bad thought....
Thanks for including me along with those two douchebags, asshole.

tk13
02-07-2006, 12:20 AM
I don't think God could have achieved that with the Dline we were sporting.........
Yeah, well we could've spent more money on the D-line had we not spent 50 million on a cornerback. That was the point.

Mecca

Chiefs4me will show up in the morning now, to PM you 582 times about why you have an issue with her. I'm glad I'm not you at this point in time.........

Lurch

FWIW, you were the 1 of 3.... :shrug:

Mecca
02-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah, well we could've spent more money on the D-line had we not spent 50 million on a cornerback. That was the point.

That's a sound strategy but what do we know. We don't have the wisdom of a Gunther Cunningham to put up a great wishlist to fix the defense...

ChiefsFanatic
02-07-2006, 01:31 AM
That Alexander play was a horse collar tackle too. Which I have no problem letting slide, except they turned right around and called another ticky-tack foul just like that on Hasselbeck for the "illegal block".

During the season I thought I saw a ton of horse-collar tackles. But then one day during a broadcast, one of the announcers clarified the rule. The player being tackled has to be pulled back, over his legs for it to be a penalty.

Think of the T.O. tackle. His torso was pulled back, over his legs.

At least that is what the TV guy said. I am sorry, but I can't remember who it was. It was not a former player, though.

Boyceofsummer
02-07-2006, 05:17 AM
Dallas! TD or a FG. GAME OVER! Pittsburg never see's the NFL playoffs. Denver goes to the Superbowl. YA'L HAPPY NOW! SHUT-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saulbadguy
02-07-2006, 07:34 AM
The guy knew the snap count.

greg63
02-07-2006, 07:38 AM

True, but I'm still happy with the results. I can't stand Seattle.

Extra Point
02-07-2006, 08:32 AM
What? A sequal to "Brokeback Mountain" already?

chiefs4me
02-07-2006, 07:50 PM

**** you qt

leviw
02-07-2006, 07:51 PM
**** you qt

ROFL

chagrin
02-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Right, Seattle played so very well, all of their superior clock management and brain farts not withstanding, they won that game...didn't they, without the refs help too that is. I forgot that the refs held pitt to no 1st downs for the first half of the game.

idiots

milkman
02-07-2006, 09:01 PM
That's a sound strategy but what do we know. We don't have the wisdom of a Gunther Cunningham to put up a great wishlist to fix the defense...

Too bad Gunt forgot to add a "clue" to his wishlist.

milkman
02-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Another bad call that no one seems to talk about is the fumbled punt return by Randle El, on the play where he was in the air, and hit from behind.

That ball was clearly out, long before he hit the ground, and the refs called him down by contact.

The Rothlisberger TD was scored on the ensuing drive.

KChiefsQT
02-07-2006, 09:46 PM
**** you qt
Right back at you Mullet lady.