PDA

View Full Version : Tirico, Kornheiser, and Theismann = New MNF team

ChiefsFan4Life
02-08-2006, 09:43 AM
This was announced on Mike & Mike as well

Monday Night Football will have a new broadcast team when it debuts on ESPN in 2006.

Mike Tirico, Joe Theismann and Tony Kornheiser will be part of a three-man booth calling the games on Monday nights next season and Suzy Kolber and Michelle Tafoya will be sideline reporters. Kolber and Tafoya both reported from the sidelines for ABC during Super Bowl XL.

Also, ESPN announced that Mike Breen will be its new lead NBA play-by-play announcer, teaming with analyst Hubie Brown for ABC telecasts beginning Feb. 12 and including the NBA Finals.

"This Monday Night Football team enthusiastically embraces our vision for sports television's signature series. We will propel MNF into a 21st century, all-day, exclusive, multi-media event that will engage fans in entirely new ways. This team will develop great chemistry," ESPN Executive Vice President John Skipper said.

"Mike Breen is widely respected for his depth of NBA knowledge and his consummate play-by-play skill. We are very excited to provide such a spectacular forum as the NBA Finals to showcase his talents."

In addition, Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon will take Pardon The Interruption on the road on Mondays during the football season. The shows will air from the site of ESPN's Monday Night Football games.

"We look to the future with great enthusiasm and a strong commitment to enhance the presentation of the NFL and the NBA, two of our most important sports properties," ESPN and ABC Sports President George Bodenheimer said.

Al Michaels, the play-by-play voice of Monday Night Football on ABC from 1986 through Sunday's Super Bowl in Detroit, will not return to either broadcast.

jspchief
02-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Ugh. I love Kornheiser, and think he has absolutely no place in the booth.

milkman
02-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Who does MNF on radio?

I can't listen to those guys.

Brock
02-08-2006, 09:46 AM
That is going to suck badly.

Katipan
02-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Kornheiser is for the women and the casual football fans.

I'm stoked.

Sfeihc
02-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Tony K could make things interesting in the booth. They should do a good job if they pass the chemistry test.

Mecca
02-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Joe Theisman must own incriminating photos of someone who works at Disney........

Lzen
02-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Tirico and Theisman are alright. I don't think Kornholio is gonna last very long, though.

ChiefsFan4Life
02-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Although I like Kornheiser better than Wilbon, I think Wilbon would be better suited for the part if they were going to go with a PTI guy

Eleazar
02-08-2006, 09:59 AM
This is the worst broadcast crew in the history of televised sports.

shakesthecat
02-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Meh, Tirico isn't too bad, and Joe T doesn't annoy me like he used to.
Not sure how Kornheiser fits in, but I enjoy his act on PTI, so I'm not too worried.

PTI on site should be kinda cool.

milkman
02-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Meh, Tirico isn't too bad, and Joe T doesn't annoy me like he used to.
Not sure how Kornheiser fits in, but I enjoy his act on PTI, so I'm not too worried.

PTI on site should be kinda cool.

Tirico should stick to golf, and Kornholer should never, ever, open his mouth.
I'd rather listen to Shannon Sharpe.

Katipan
02-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Tirico should stick to golf, and Kornholer should never, ever, open his mouth.

I'd rather have invasive surgery than listen to Shannon Sharpe.

Eleazar
02-08-2006, 10:21 AM
If they were going to pick people this bad, they should have just made the crew be Sterling Sharpe, Shannon Sharpe, and Michael Irvin (with Deion Sanders on the field reporting) and then at least those guys would all be in one place where you could avoid them.

shakesthecat
02-08-2006, 10:22 AM

Where can I find a book to help translate bucket-mouth to english?

milkman
02-08-2006, 10:23 AM
I'd rather have invasive surgery than listen to Shannon Sharpe.

So would I, which should give you an idea of how much I disdain I have for Kornholer.

epitome1170
02-08-2006, 10:23 AM
This is the worst broadcast crew in the history of televised sports.

I have to say Pat Summerall and John Madden has my vote for worst crew of all time. They made my ears bleed.

epitome1170
02-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Ugh. I love Kornheiser, and think he has absolutely no place in the booth.

I have to agree with you. Kornheiser grew on me after I hated him for so long while listening to him on ESPN radio. However, there is no way I expect him to do as good of a job on MNF as he does on PTI.

Katipan
02-08-2006, 10:33 AM
So would I, which should give you an idea of how much I disdain I have for Kornholer.

Is it his crack head personality that bothers you, babe?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Kornheiser had his own radio show for several years on ESPN that was really damned good. He knows how to think on his feet and is a friendly guy with a quick wit. I think that he'll do a great job. Tirico is an able announcer who did well with CFB. Theismann is well Theissmann. He was the best of the 3 from Sunday Night.

KCTitus
02-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Im ambivalent...MNF is on too late for me to bother with.

Eleazar
02-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Kornheiser had his own radio show for several years on ESPN that was really damned good. He knows how to think on his feet and is a friendly guy with a quick wit. I think that he'll do a great job. Tirico is an able announcer who did well with CFB. Theismann is well Theissmann. He was the best of the 3 from Sunday Night.

It was horrible.

And, as I recall when he was dumped from KC radio he ripped on us the next day on his show.

milkman
02-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Is it his crack head personality that bothers you, babe?

Crack head personality?

Hell, if he had that, at least he would be funny.

He's just a whiney ass bitch.

Mr. Laz
02-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Tirico might do a pretty good job

kornheiser is a wildcard ... i have my doubts

Theismann is just Blech :shake:

Chiefs Pantalones
02-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I only one I really don't like is Kornheiser. The guy is nuts.

jAZ
02-08-2006, 11:38 AM
http://www.snarkysports.com/articles/2006/01/31/why-not-keith-olbermann

picasso
02-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Tirico needs to shave that pubic hair patch on top of his head.
Theismann doesn't have Paul Mcguire to shut him up about his playing days.
As far as Kornheiser - the man with never ending spital, What in the hell is he doing on a show like this? He is a moron on PTI and way to judgemental to be in the spotlight as a commentator. That is what he does he comments on commentators. He is not a commentator himself especially for the NFL. Geesh!!

Chiefs Pantalones
02-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Tirico needs to shave that pubic hair patch on top of his head.
Theismann doesn't have Paul Mcguire to shut him up about his playing days.
As far as Kornheiser - the man with never ending spital, What in the hell is he doing on a show like this? He is a moron on PTI and way to judgemental to be in the spotlight as a commentator. That is what he does he comments on commentators. He is not a commentator himself especially for the NFL. Geesh!!

I think Kornheiser is going to be extremely arrogant on MNF. He's gonna suck the dongs of the east coast teams when they're on...

Demonpenz
02-08-2006, 11:47 AM
what no vitale?

pikesome
02-08-2006, 11:48 AM
If they were going to pick people this bad, they should have just made the crew be Sterling Sharpe, Shannon Sharpe, and Michael Irvin (with Deion Sanders on the field reporting) and then at least those guys would all be in one place where you could avoid them.

I think this is mentioned in Revelations as one of the signs of The End.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-08-2006, 11:49 AM
what no vitale?

ROFL

That would be the murder of MNF right there...

picasso
02-08-2006, 11:51 AM
ROFL

That would be the murder of MNF right there...

Agreed!!!

B_Ambuehl
02-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Why in the hell they would choose Mike Tirico over Mike Patrick is beyond me. IMO Tirico thinks too much and tries to sound excited instead of just doing what comes natural.

Brock
02-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Why in the hell they would choose Mike Tirico over Mike Patrick is beyond me. IMO Tirico thinks too much and tries to sound excited instead of just doing what comes natural.

More fast-twitch.

chiefqueen
02-08-2006, 12:19 PM
So I guess the next move is Michaels to NBC. I wonder if he's already on his way to Italy?

FloridaMan88
02-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Wow ESPN is going down the toilet fast.

Tirico, Theismann and Kornhole might almost top their previous Sunday Night team as the worst announcing trio on TV.

If the East-Coast Progamming Network had any legit competition at all they would be getting destroyed.

FloridaMan88
02-08-2006, 04:50 PM
what no vitale?

Oh I'm sure ESPN will find a way to work him into the broadcast.

They'll try to shove as of their annoying personalities as possible into the broadcast to the point it is going to distract from the actual game.

Katipan
02-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Korheiser just talked shit about himself as Howard Cosell on PTI.

I believe the words ugly and troll were used.

JBucc
02-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Anything is an improvement over what ESPN had on the Sunday night games.

Archie F. Swin
02-08-2006, 07:25 PM
http://www.republicjewelry.com/grax/lee.jpg

The "color" man should be Bill "The Spaceman" Lee

T-post Tom
02-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Kornholio blows. Horrible choice. The other two are o.k.

The real concern is more face time for Suzy. She may not be a "classic" beauty, but d@mn if she doesn't have "it." She's got that whole girl-next-door thing down. And she knows her football. My kind of gal. Mad adoration for that wholesome little sparkplug.

Wouldn't mind seeing her and Starks doing sideline interviews while jumping on a trampoline, dressed in lingerie from Victoria's Secret. Now that would be entertainment.

greg63
02-09-2006, 12:35 AM
That is going to suck badly.

It couldn't be as bad as that one guy they had a few years back that knew nothing about the game at all, but was supposed to represent the regular, every day Joe. I can't think of his name.

greg63
02-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Joe Theisman must own incriminating photos of someone who works at Disney........

ROFLROFLROFL

Simplex3
02-09-2006, 01:09 AM
I'd rather have invasive surgery without anesthesia than listen to Shannon Sharpe.
Fixed your post.

greg63
02-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Fixed your post.

...Gums scraping.

ChiefsFanatic
02-09-2006, 03:05 AM
Tirico is too subdued. When he is doing golf, I always feel like taking a nap after hearing him talk. Overall, I think he sucks.

I like Tony, and Joe is always good for some funny quotes. You know, things he says in a serious manner, but are just so damn dumb, it makes you laugh.

greg63
02-09-2006, 06:44 AM
Tirico is too subdued. When he is doing golf, I always feel like taking a nap after hearing him talk. Overall, I think he sucks.

I like Tony, and Joe is always good for some funny quotes. You know, things he says in a serious manner, but are just so damn dumb, it makes you laugh.

I really didn't listen enough to any of these guys to formulate any intelligent opinion about them; of course I also like turning the sound down and listening to the game on the radio while watching it on TV.

Intelligent opinions are not my forte anyway. :D