PDA

View Full Version : Iran Has The Bomb

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Last updated: 01:08 (GMT+04:00) Wednesday, February 08, 2006 ADVANCED SEARCHFRONT PAGE PDFWEATHER UAE Hi 29 | Lo 23Iran CrisisRegion|Iran Published: 01/27/2006 12:00 AM (UAE)Iran 'has bomb and trying to make more'By Neena Gopal, Foreign EditorDubai: A well-known US nuclear proliferation and terrorism expert told Gulf News yesterday that Tehran not only has the nuclear bomb, it is seeking to "duplicate them in large numbers before revealing their existence to the world".Mansoor Ijaz said, "Iran has a functional nuclear device stored, like the Pakistanis did for nearly a decade, in component parts at multiple locations to justify its publicly declared stance of 'nuclear ambiguity' until Tehran can replicate the nuclear fuel cycle and duplicate components reliably needed to manufacture a diverse array of nuclear devices."This, he says, requires patience and time, and underscores the delay tactics seen with increasing frequency by Tehran regarding their nuclear agenda.Speaking exclusively to Gulf News while on a brief visit to the region, Ijaz, an American financier of Pakistani ancestry whose partners include former CIA Director James Woolsey and retired US Air Force Generals James Abrahamson and Tom McInerney, warned: "Iran is committed to expanding and supplying its global 'jihadist' network with tactical nuclear capabilities, ranging from dirty radiological devices to electromagnetic pulse devices or 'electron bombs', in order to redress what Tehran sees as a growing geostrategic imbalance aligned against its interests."Ijaz, an MIT-trained nuclear scientist whose father was a pioneer of Pakistan's nuclear programme, said, "The one functional device Iran has is the result of clandestine transfers from Pakistan's rogue black market nuclear scientist, Abdul Qadeer Khan, who sold the Iranians antiquated but highly effective Chinese bomb designs and parts, including spherical shell casings, spherical 'Krytron' detonation switches and empirical software testing modules."Through Khan, Iran also acquired the centrifuges to complete the nuclear fuel cycles that could enrich uranium to weapons-grade quality.The US, he said, never earnestly believed in any of the diplomatic options pursued by its European allies and friends in the Middle East to curb Iran's nuclear ambitions because the Bush administration has "known the insidious nature" of Iranian governments now for many years."Today, the viable diplomatic options to stop Iran are few, military options even fewer. So the US is exploring tactical and strategic opportunities that blend a bit of both together."He added: "If the US felt compelled to attack militarily, it would use a new class of weapons and a war strategy never seen before in the history of conflict."Let there be no illusions about the fact that the United States possesses technological advantages in executing its military options that would render every conceivable option available to Iran useless. America may not win or manage peace very well, it certainly has no difficulty waging the battle."He said US think-tanks were already formulating strategies for an option that would rely on preparing an insurgency force to enter Iran from Iraq or other neighbouring countries. This force could in "close coordination with sympathetic Iranians who seek regime change" target Iran's vital infrastructure systems (water supply, electricity, trucking, rail lines, etc) to shut the country down and bring thousands of demonstrators out into the streets."This would usher in a bloodless revolution, effect regime change and avoid devastating military attacks."Tactical supportMansoor Ijaz, who opened channels between Israel and Pakistan in the mid-1990s, said verbal tirades between Israel and Iran stem from the "growing belief that Tehran's nuclear programme is being readied to provide tactical support for Hezbollah and Al Qaida cells around the world as a means of redressing strategic imbalances that might arise from United Nations sanctions".Ijaz accused Tehran of having mastered "fingerprint-less terrorist acts," particularly now in Iraq where he says the US has proof of Iranian attempts to destabilise the south."Tehran has forged an intelligent nexus of planning state-sponsored terrorist acts with jihadists willing to martyr themselves serving as the primary benefactors. The Bush administration believes Tehran now wants to build nuclear weapons in sufficient quantity and diversity that it can arm its global militias with a range of attack options," said Ijaz, who in 1997 negotiated Sudan's offer of counter-terrorism assistance on Al Qaida to the Clinton administration.Email thisPrinter-FriendlyEmail thearticleversionEditorOther Iran Crisis StoriesAhmadinejad vows to pursue course China against Iran sanctions Ball in Iran court - IAEA Iran reopens nuclear plant Iran to begin nuclear research work Iran says not interested in talks with US EU condemns Iranian move EU-Iran talks on nulear issue to continue in January Iran heading for UN showdown Netanyahu: Iran action needed Iran threatens to end cooperation World cannot afford to lose Iran oil: EIA Iran 'positive' over Russian talks Tehran welcomes Russian uranium enrichment offer Hamas set for shock win Blix says US should offer inducements Iran removes nuclear seals New Delhi protests US envoy's statements Iran says talks, not threats, key to deal UN powers urge Iran referral Iran to stay within NPT, says spokesperson Iran notifies UN nuclear watchdog on start of sensitive work Bush encourages Iranians Iran vows to ignore Security Council action Britain voices hope for deal Switzerland's banks will welcome any Iran transfers Iran says nothing unusual about pulling out assets Iran says Russia offer inadequate Iran nuclear power concerns UAE EU powers meet on Iran atomic case India plans to abstain from Iran vote Rice hints Iran may be punished Iran says no nuclear enrichment resumption during talks Non-proliferation and business don't mix UN referral will halt nuclear diplomacy, says Iran Ahmadinejad scorns global pressure Referral to UN will kill Russia plan, warns Iran Nuclear agency defers voting on Iran referral IAEA reports Iran to Security Council Germany likens Ahmadinejad to Hitler No way to conduct nuclear business EU needs to talk to Iran on oil link A strong case for an Arab-Iranian entente Empty threats won't restrain Iran Iran seeking nuclear technology in black market, reports paper What lies ahead Opec will not intervene in Iran showdown Iran promises access to Lavizan Missiles 'will be used if attacked' Bashar pledges support for Iran's N-programme as Ahmadinejad visits Iran denies Russia's N-offer Iran scorns EU draft nuclear resolution Iran crisis is likely to explode Iran referral 'a done deal' Iran lifts ban on CNN after apology Iran Eurobonds remain insulated from global pressures Tehran pulls its assets out of Europe Nuclear watchdog to meet Rice says Iran has 'crossed the threshold' Israel rules out Iran strike Saudi Arabia urges Iran to drop nukes Al Baradei issues ultimatum Iranian talk offer dismissed Ahmadinejad meets Palestinian militants

Donger
02-08-2006, 01:30 PM
In related news, Hog Farmer no longer has access to the Enter key.

Ultra Peanut
02-08-2006, 01:30 PM
SOMEONE SET YOU UP PARAGRAPH BREAKS

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Sorry about making it so long. I'm still learning.

Dunit35
02-08-2006, 01:31 PM
In related news, Hog Farmer no longer has access to the Enter key.

ROFL ROFL

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-08-2006, 01:34 PM
At least I didn't copy the whole damn newspaper. Wait, maybe I did.

Donger
02-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Countdown to jAZ's "Ijaz is a f*cking liar!" entrance in.

Three.
Two.
One.

Hoover
my eyes hurt.......

I would not be shocked for this to be true.

As a Republican Hawk I say go after them, the world will be safer if we do it.

The problem is the rest of the world already sees us in a bad light, and any action in Iran would not look good for us.

We are in one hell of a mess.

I think the real threat has always been with North Korea and Iran.

Eleazar
CLFFZ NOTES PLZ

Ultra Peanut
02-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Oh, and this seems like a good time f--

chefsos
02-08-2006, 01:52 PM
How many virgins do you figure are waiting for you if you were to strap on one of those babies? Gotta be some kind of bonus available.

Pitt Gorilla
02-08-2006, 02:03 PM
SOMEONE SET YOU UP PARAGRAPH BREAKS
Awesome reference.

ChiefsfaninPA
02-08-2006, 02:05 PM
If you look at that mess of a paragraph long enough, I swear I see a picture of the Virgin Mary. Think we could sell it on ebay?

sedated
02-08-2006, 02:13 PM
is that english?

ChiefsfaninPA
02-08-2006, 02:14 PM
I think there is a hidden message in there somewhere.

Skip Towne
02-08-2006, 02:18 PM
I only made it through three sentences.

Extra Point
We didn't have the balls to drop the bomb on N Korea's facility. What makes you think that we have the balls to drop one on Iran's?

Eleazar
SOMEBODY SET IRAN UP THE BOMB

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-08-2006, 02:21 PM
And yet I have not heard the term nOOb!

Donger
02-08-2006, 02:21 PM
ALL YOUR PARAGRAPH ARE BELONG TO US!

sedated
02-08-2006, 02:22 PM
And yet I have not heard the term nOOb!

reason number 46 n00bs should not be allowed to start threads

Saulbadguy
02-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Ayatollah Asshollah

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Let me put the article so that you guys may be able to understand what it says.

1) Iran has a bomb
2) Iran wants to build more bombs .
3) The U.S. and the Bush administration are getting ready to smoke their ass.

Frankie
02-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Fortunately the title of the topic was enought to stop me from reading the article! Iran is a good ten years away from having "The Bomb." Under the most favorable cicumstances that is.

Shades of the "slam dunk" comment about Saddam's WMD!
:shake:

Calcountry
02-08-2006, 02:45 PM
my eyes hurt.......

I would not be shocked for this to be true.

As a Republican Hawk I say go after them, the world will be safer if we do it.

The problem is the rest of the world already sees us in a bad light, and any action in Iran would not look good for us.

We are in one hell of a mess.

I think the real threat has always been with North Korea and Iran.Just exactly why we took Afghanistan, AND Iraq.

It left Iran, the real threat, capitol of Islamo fascism, in a vice grip.

Bootlegged
02-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Fortunately the title of the topic was enought to stop me from reading the article! Iran is a good ten years away from having "The Bomb." Under the most favorable cicumstances that is.

Shades of the "slam dunk" comment about Saddam's WMD!
:shake:

Ah, what do you know.. You haven't worked for the Iranian gov't in years.

Donger
02-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Iran is a good ten years away from having "The Bomb." Under the most favorable cicumstances that is.

Indigenous capability? Probably.

Spicy McHaggis
02-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Isn't one of the major problems here that Iranians feel a great sense of national pride in their nuclear program, probably comparable to that which Americans felt in the space race?

StcChief
02-08-2006, 02:51 PM
In other news. The sky is still blue.

Calcountry
02-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Isn't one of the major problems here that Iranians feel a great sense of national pride in their nuclear program, probably comparable to that which Americans felt in the space race?The major problem, is that Iranians feel a real since of pride, in taking Americans Hostages, burning our flag in public displays of disgust, burning effigies of our President(Jimmy Carter at the time), and finally, declaring "Holy War" on the United States.

As far as I am concerned, a state of war has existed between our 2 countries ever since.

vailpass
02-08-2006, 03:04 PM
I would like to hear more about the next generation military capabilities mentioned. Do they incorporate the Future Force Warrior concept for ground troops?

plbrdude
02-08-2006, 04:15 PM
allyourbasearebelongtous
allyourbase arebelongtous
all your base arebelongtous
all
your
base
are
belong
to
us
somebody set us up the bomb

you knew something was up when the iranians went after doc in back to the future. ther was a hidden message there about the iranian agenda.

Barret
02-08-2006, 04:43 PM
you knew something was up when the iranians went after doc in back to the future. ther was a hidden message there about the iranian agenda.

So wait a sec.......

Are you saying that the film "Back to the Future" was actually made in the future and brought back to the US so as to warn about the Iranians need to get Nuclear material for a bomb, but we all just wrote off the film as a comedy and not for what it really was.....a road map to our future?????

Thats Heavy........

Donger
02-08-2006, 04:45 PM

They were Libyans, not Iranians.

Barret
02-08-2006, 04:49 PM

Damn, well that ruined my theory

chefsos
02-08-2006, 05:04 PM

Thespians, actually.

Damn, well that ruined my theory

Indeed.

:)

plbrdude
02-08-2006, 05:05 PM
hmmmmm, are lybians related to iranians?