PDA

View Full Version : Keyaron Fox

RedThat
02-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Does anybody think this guy can be a starter? Honestly.

Im not as all concerned about our linebacking corps as I am on other areas of our defense, i.e., D-Line, and secondary. Mitchell and DJ were both solid last year, and had me sold.

However, I still have my concerns though about WLB. Bell was awful. And aside from Fox, that position appears to be thin. Barbers contract number for this year, and injury concern, possibly makes him a casuality to be cut. Bell will most likely get cut, especially after his performance this year, and the fact he is due a huge bonus in March.

So now, again, aside from Fox, who do we really have that can play WLB? Griffin is the only guy behind Fox. Nothing else.

We better hope Fox is good.

B_Ambuehl
02-09-2006, 12:38 PM
The only time Bell should be playing OLB is when an opposing fullback is in the game. Fox would be an upgrade against any other personnel package.

jspchief
02-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't think we get rid of both Barber and Bell. We've stuck with Barber this long, we're not going to make any hasty decisions with him.

My guess is Bell is gone March 1st. We go into training camp with Fox, Griffin, and Barber competing for the outside spot. If both Fox and Griffin appear to be recovered and progressing on the same scale as last year, then we let Barber go in early summer.

kaplin42
02-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Some people seem to really like Fox and Griffin, but I hesitate to say that they are starting material. Other than last preseason what has either one shown us. I know Fox got injured for the season, but that makes me hesitate even more. I'm not saying they cant be, but I just dont think they are now. If in FA, we got a pass rushing D-Lineman and/or a solid WLB, I would be a happy man.

P.S. Thank you MODS for changing me back!!!

htismaqe
02-09-2006, 01:00 PM
JSP stole my response. :D

DeepSouth
02-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Other than last preseason what has either one shown us.
Fox did beat up Beisel last year.

Dunit35
02-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Bell will probably be gone. I wish he would take a paycut or something involving him not making so much money.

kaplin42
02-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Fox did beat up Beisel last year.

+1 for Fox!!

SLAG
02-09-2006, 01:07 PM
+1 for Fox!!

Barber Ending Gannons Career is a +10 in my book

nascher
02-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Barber should be gone way before Bell !!!

htismaqe
02-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Barber should be gone way before Bell !!!

Based solely on what they've done as a Chief, if Barber is a backup, Bell is the wa-wa-waterboy.

chefsos
02-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Barber Ending Gannons Career is a +10 in my book
Good gawd man, you sound like one of those "Lights Out" Sandy Eggo fans!

jlscorpio
02-09-2006, 01:59 PM
I look for Fox to start and Griffin to come in on 3-4. Bell is G-O-N-E, Barber is iffy.

Fish
02-09-2006, 02:04 PM
I think either Fox or Griffin could start. I think both have potential and a lot of youth on Barber.

I'm interested to see what becomes of Bell.... I don't want him around if he's making bonus money though..... he has in no way earned it.......

Chiefnj
02-09-2006, 02:06 PM
The Chiefs now have a defensive head coach, the same DC and new assistant coaches. It's time to develop players on the roster. You can't build a team through free agency. You have to develop draft picks.

ameliorated1216
02-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Not considering cap issues or the more important needs on the defense... I think the Chiefs should see if they can get UFA's Witherspoon or Peterson. If they can't/don't want to pay that much, then how about Ryans, Sims, Carpenter, or Howard in the draft... one of those 4 will probably still be left in the 2nd round. I am a BAMA fan, so I would like to see Ryans play for the chiefs. That way if Fox doesn't pan out we would have another good prospect, if he does, then we can move to a 3-4 a lot more.

htismaqe
02-09-2006, 02:23 PM
I still don't understand the fascination with the 3-4.

We're not gonna run a 3-4 guys. Having 4 good LB's on the roster doesn't mean ANY of them can play in a 3-4. In fact, only Bell has any experience with it.

Eleazar
02-09-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't understand why Fox was becoming Scanlon-like at the start of last season.

I haven't seen anything great from him. He looks like Caver or a milllion other career backups who've floated in and out of town.

kaplin42
02-09-2006, 02:29 PM
I still don't understand the fascination with the 3-4.

We're not gonna run a 3-4 guys. Having 4 good LB's on the roster doesn't mean ANY of them can play in a 3-4. In fact, only Bell has any experience with it.

Heh, I would love us to switch to a 3-4, but we dont have the personel to do it. Our DLine is way under sized (not to mention they suck), and so are our LB's. Mitchel might make a good second MLB and I would keep DJ for OLB, but other than that, not one of our remaining LB's would be worth a damn, including Bell. Bell has expierence yes, but just doesnt have the mental capability to learn a new scheme.

jspchief
02-09-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't understand why Fox was becoming Scanlon-like at the start of last season.

I haven't seen anything great from him. He looks like Caver or a milllion other career backups who've floated in and out of town.Well, Fox is a first day pick, so it's not like the guy would be a complete sleeper. Based on coaches' reports and his play in pre-season, he looked like he had come a long way.

I don't think it's quite the same thing as calling Scanlon "linebacker jesus" after 2 pre-season games in his rookie year.

Sully
02-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Fox looked good, but Griffin looked GREAT last year. The week I was at camp he was every bit as athletic and disruptive as DJ was. I really think he could be the guy.

Coogs
02-09-2006, 03:15 PM
The Chiefs now have a defensive head coach, the same DC and new assistant coaches. It's time to develop players on the roster. You can't build a team through free agency. You have to develop draft picks.

:clap:

Now, I just wish I had the faith in Gun to do just that. :(

ROYC75
02-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Fox hasn't done crap except get injuredand be in the doghouse. A talented LB in college that has yet to make his mark in the NFL, the jury is still out due to his inability to get on the field.

Griffin shown some flashes in TC and preseason for the team to keep around, he will gain valuable playing time in NFLE this year.

IMHO, I see Bell gone and like a few others have said, bye bye Barber if Fox and Griffin can do it.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Fox hasn't done crap except get injuredand be in the doghouse. A talented LB in college that has yet to make his mark in the NFL, the jury is still out due to his inability to get on the field.

Griffin shown some flashes in TC and preseason for the team to keep around, he will gain valuable playing time in NFLE this year.

IMHO, I see Bell gone and like a few others have said, bye bye Barber if Fox and Griffin can do it.

SCANLON IS NOT GOING TO BE THE STARTER NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU WANT IT TO HAPPEN!!!

htismaqe
02-09-2006, 03:28 PM

I haven't seen anything great from him. He looks like Caver or a milllion other career backups who've floated in and out of town.

He was a 3rd-round pick who was very productive in college. He wasn't a superstar, ala DJ, but he just simply got the job done game in and game out.

No reason to believe he couldn't be a full-time starter in the NFL. A superstar? Not likely, but solid? Sure.

htismaqe
02-09-2006, 03:29 PM
BTW, Griffin was said to be THE reason they traded Fujita.

Spicy McHaggis
02-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I really liked Fox at GT, the LB's were really the only bright spot on that team his senior year. I hope he is back 100% from injury because I think he can excel at the other OLB. On a side note all this talk makes me miss Fooj.

DeepSouth
02-09-2006, 03:55 PM
I am a BAMA fan, so I would like to see Ryans play for the chiefs.

Boo, Hiss. I have a daughter at Auburn. My daughter got DeMeco's autograph at the Senior Bowl fan frenzy.

I got the autograph of Mathias Kiwanuka. That's who I'd like to see the Chiefs draft. 6'5", 267 lbs of muscle. The second link is a pretty interesting article about him.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/mathias_kiwanuka.html
http://www.al.com/search/index.ssf?/base/sports/1138357563106740.xml?mobileregister?ssport_senior&coll=3#continue

ROYC75
02-09-2006, 03:56 PM
SCANLON IS NOT GOING TO BE THE STARTER NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU WANT IT TO HAPPEN!!!

Somehow between Fox and Griddin, Barber and Bell, you come up with this ?

You might want to stay away from sharp objects or tall buildings.

Spicy McHaggis
02-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Boo, Hiss. I have a daughter at Auburn. My daughter got DeMeco's autograph at the Senior Bowl fan frenzy.

I got the autograph of Mathias Kiwanuka. That's who I'd like to see the Chiefs draft. 6'5", 267 lbs of muscle. The second link is a pretty interesting article about him.

He got pwned at the Senior Bowl.

ROYC75
02-09-2006, 03:57 PM
BTW, Griffin was said to be THE reason they traded Fujita.

That's what I remember them saying .........

htismaqe
02-09-2006, 04:50 PM

http://www.al.com/search/index.ssf?/base/sports/1138357563106740.xml?mobileregister?ssport_senior&coll=3#continue

The problem with Kiwi is the he relies almost exclusively on his first step, he lacks alot of moves. He's not 6'5", 267 pounds. He's 6'7" and 260 pounds. He's very tall and very lanky. My concern about him is that he's gonna struggle in the NFL because he won't be able to out-leverage a tackly (he's too tall) but he won't be able to move them either (he's too light).

And that's precisely the way it played out at the Senior Bowl. Guys got their hands on him and he was pretty much neutralized.