PDA

View Full Version : Whomever is running Ticketmaster must be high

Nzoner
02-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Went to check out some tickets today for a small show next week in KC(a $20 face ticket) and these dips want to charge me $6.20 service charge per ticket.

Right,I'll be in KC in the next week and will pick them up myself before I give an additional 30% to them.I don't mind a man making a profit but that's ridiculous to print me a damn ticket.

Bob Dole
02-09-2006, 10:05 PM
If Endelt posts much more, Rolla will pwn this thread.

FAX
02-09-2006, 10:07 PM
What's wrong with ticketmaster? I'm curious because tickets.com is joining FAX Enterprises' client family. I would be VERY interested in your views on this subject.

Is it just because their surcharge is so great?

FAX

Spicy McHaggis
02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Went to check out some tickets today for a small show next week in KC(a $20 face ticket) and these dips want to charge me $6.20 service charge per ticket.

Right,I'll be in KC in the next week and will pick them up myself before I give an additional 30% to them.I don't mind a man making a profit but that's ridiculous to print me a damn ticket.

I just checked earlier today on some show tickets at the Granada for myself and some friends. $16 dollar show, $6.20 "Assrape charge" as well.

Miles
02-09-2006, 10:14 PM
What's wrong with ticketmaster? I'm curious because tickets.com is joining FAX Enterprises' client family. I would be VERY interested in your views on this subject.

Is it just because their surcharge is so great?

FAX

Their high surcharges are pretty much the only problem I have with them. Its really bad on cheaper tickets since a greater percentage of the ticket price goes towards that shit.

Eleazar
02-09-2006, 10:14 PM
it's damn near 25% of the ticket sometimes.

Nzoner
02-09-2006, 10:15 PM
I just checked earlier today on some show tickets at the Granada for myself and some friends. $16 dollar show, $6.20 "Assrape charge" as well.

Like Delt I say f*ck em,I'll drive to the venue and get them myself.

I got a buddy that owns a music store here and he agreed to add Ticketmaster.The most he gets per ticket from any show is 75 cents although 25-35 cents is the standard, and he has to pay for his own phone line at additional $160 per month,plus pay his help to run the computer.

He just told me today that as soon as his contract is up he's seriously considering telling them to get f*cked as well.

FAX
02-09-2006, 10:16 PM
That's pretty much my beef with 'em.

Oh, and there's sometimes two or three surcharges.

I've never used them. Ever. Mrs. FAX handles this type of thing because I'm quite unlikely to do it correctly.

The deal is that you can go online or call a toll free and get tickets for just about everything, right? So it's convenient, right? And they charge too much for the convenience?

What about the two or three surcharges? Is this right? Why so many?

I know you have better things to do than to answer these silly questions, but I appreciate your feedback.

FAX

Nzoner
02-09-2006, 10:20 PM
The deal is that you can go online or call a toll free and get tickets for just about everything, right? So it's convenient, right? And they charge too much for the convenience?
FAX

As I said in my above post,my other beef with them is that their basically f*cking the store owners who offer their service.

FAX
02-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Like Delt I say f*ck em,I'll drive to the venue and get them myself.

I got a buddy that owns a music store here and he agreed to add Ticketmaster.The most he gets per ticket from any show is 75 cents although 25-35 cents is the standard, and he has to pay for his own phone line at additional $160 per month,plus pay his help to run the computer.

He just told me today that as soon as his contract is up he's seriously considering telling them to get f*cked as well.

Thanks, Mr. Nzoner 338. So, they set up folks like your friend for free. They present the incentive to him as more traffic to his store plus an ancillary revenue stream. Just so they have another outlet. And, he is forced to endure more overhead and costs in order to generate 25 cents to 75 cents per ticket. Do I have that right?

FAX

Boozer
02-09-2006, 10:22 PM
it's damn near 25% of the ticket sometimes.

When I went to Tom Petty's Last DJ tour, the tickets' face was $20. My credit card charge (for two tickets) was almost $60.

Nzoner
02-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks, Mr. Nzoner 338. So, they set up folks like your friend for free. They present the incentive to him as more traffic to his store plus an ancillary revenue stream. Just so they have another outlet. And, he is forced to endure more overhead and costs in order to generate 25 cents to 75 cents per ticket. Do I have that right?

FAX

Yes you've got that right,in fact I'll give you a quote from my buddy today,"By the time my customer gets done paying Ticketmaster,they've got no money left for my store."

FAX
02-09-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm very grateful for this feedback, gentlemen.

Thank you very, very much.

FAX

FAX
02-09-2006, 10:27 PM
It's so funny. I remember spare changing for tickets for my girlfriend and myself outside some venue (can't recall which) in KC years ago for a Genesis concert. (When Gabriel was still front man.) I think the tickets were 8 bucks or so and it took us less than an hour to get the money from broke hippies. We got great seats too.

Those were the days.

FAX

FAX
02-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Who knew hippies were good for something?

Well, other than a cautionary tale.

Hippies were good for lots of things, Mr. ENDelt260. I assure you.

FAX

Bob Dole
02-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Rolla owns all.

I'll whack anyone who says otherwise with a mop.

And toss them in Alice!

FAX
02-09-2006, 10:45 PM
You and I are from different eras, my friend.

I suppose you can say that, Mr. ENDelt260.

I see it a little differently. This is still my era. It's just lasted longer than yours has so far, probably.

Anyway, I have a feeling you would have enjoyed the 60s very much.

FAX

Halfcan
02-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Ticketmaster are a bunch of greedy bastards, it should be illegal for what they charge.

Bob Dole
02-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Anyway, I have a feeling you would have enjoyed the 60s very much.

Nipple!

Bob Dole
02-09-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm afraid Alice has been dead for going on 10 years now.

God rest her soul.

Damn. There's nothing quite like illustrating how old one is, Bob Dole supposes.

Nzoner
02-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Hippies were good for lots of things,FAX

Yep,in fact I'm rather sure it was a hippie who came up with that 70's bumper sticker...GAS,GRASS OR ASS,NO ONE RIDES FOR FREE.

FAX
02-09-2006, 10:51 PM
I think you may be correct.

I'm not much on long hair, though. It annoys me. Probably not many hippies with buzzcuts, eh?

Nope, Mr. ENDelt260, you are certainly right about that. I actually had mine cut in the street by several ignorant redneck farmer/cowboys in SW MO one night after my friend and I had beaten them at pool. I won 40 dollars at pool that night, but lost a good portion of my locks, a little blood, as well as the money I had won. Outnumbered, you know.

I wonder whose side you would have been on in that fight.

FAX

Dunit35
02-09-2006, 10:53 PM
This thread seems to be getting the most hits. I don't want to start a thread for one question.

Who sings "Slow Ride"?

Nzoner
02-09-2006, 10:53 PM
That doesn't sound very free love-like.

I dunno it was all about sharing.

Dunit35
02-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Foghat

Okay...thanks.

Nzoner
02-09-2006, 10:55 PM
This thread seems to be getting the most hits. I don't want to start a thread for one question.

Who sings "Slow Ride"?

Foghat,and if you want to hear at its best get Foghat Live.

Nzoner
02-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Foghat

I'm impressed.

Dunit35
02-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Slowride is now in my head. Thanks for that, btw.

LOL...no problem.

Bob Dole
02-09-2006, 10:59 PM
The details are always kinda fuzzy.

Next trip, just fly in to Springfield and drive up I-44 at 172mph.

The time spent in the Pulaski County lock-up will do wonders for clearing up the fuzziness. :banghead:

Nzoner
I've listened to a couple songs made before 1980.

Fixed that for ya

alanm

Who sings "Slow Ride"?Foghat

alanm
02-09-2006, 11:00 PM
There.. is that enough f*cking answers for you??? :)

Nzoner
02-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Foghat

No shit? :D

FAX
02-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Here's another hippie story for you, Mr. ENDelt260.

During my stint in LA, I dated a girl who was somewhat well known. Anyway, she was friends with Timothy Leary. One Fourth of July, we had a party in a condo in Santa Monica overlooking the ocean piers and Leary was there. We watched the fireworks from the Venice pier all the way to the Malibu pier from our vantage. Everyone got a little high. In fact, we invented a new drink made of fresh watermelon juice and Vodka. We called it the "shark" because it bit your ass.

Well, the evening wore on and it got a little late and suddenly no one could find Leary. He had gone missing. We looked everywhere and could not find the old fart.

Then, as some guests were leaving, the coat closet door was opened and, behold, there was Leary sitting in the corner in the dark closet. I asked him if he was okay and the great man said, "There is no okay. There's only this closet." So, I closed the door and he stayed in there until his wife was ready to leave.

Remember, Mr. ENDelt260. There is no okay. There's only this closet.

FAX

Dunit35
02-09-2006, 11:06 PM
There.. is that enough f*cking answers for you??? :)

Is it Foghat? I found it on google.... :D

FAX
02-09-2006, 11:18 PM
ROFL Should it scare me that that makes sense to me?

Probably so. But, it does indicate that you would have been on the right side in that fight.

Take care, Mr. ENDelt260.

FAX