PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Reports Quin SNyder

Stinger
02-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Has just resigned at MU more to come.......

Herzig
02-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Maybe the University of Arkansas can sign him.

JBucc
02-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Better than Heath

morphius
02-10-2006, 03:49 PM
about damn time. I'm not a MU fan, or hater, and I wanted the guy gone years ago.

Mr. Kotter
02-10-2006, 03:50 PM
No! No! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Please, say it isn't so...... :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

:)

RCJGKU :KU:

Brock
Damn!

siberian khatru
Students are rushing to the Paige Arena right now to storm the court.

Immaculate
02-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Too good to be true.

Saulbadguy
02-10-2006, 03:51 PM

Stinger
02-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Has just resigned at MU more to come.......
I should clarify this was on ESPN Radio Sports Bash Show ... They said they would get to it when they had more info in about 30 minutes

Saulbadguy
02-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Front page of espn.com

http://www.tigerboard.com

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Snyder steps down as Missouri hoops coach

Quin Snyder has resigned as men's basketball coach at Missouri, ESPN has learned Friday.

In six-plus seasons at Missouri, Snyder compiled a 126-91 record, including four NCAA Tournament appearances. This season, the Tigers are 10-11, 3-7 in the Big 12.

Assistant coach Melvin Watkins will coach Missouri the remainder of the season.

Snyder, 38, was the fastest coach in school history to eclipse the 100-win plateau in just five seasons. The former Duke guard and assistant coach succeeded Norm Stewart, who stepped down from Mizzou following the 1998-99 season, after 32 years on the job.

ESPN.com's Andy Katz reports that UAB's Mike Anderson, Northern Iowa's Greg McDermott, Creighton's Dana Altman, West Virginia's John Beilein and ESPN analyst Rick Majerus are possible candidates to succeed Snyder after Watkins' interim tenure.

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 04:32 PM
This thread needs a soundtrack:

I Don't Want To Work
I Just Want To Bang On The Drum All Day

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 04:35 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ

Bootlegged
02-10-2006, 04:35 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes. Andrew McCarthy off to do Weekend at Bernies III

Skip Towne
02-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Did Heath leave?

ChiefsFanatic

My thoughts, exactly.

Eleazar
PBJ PBJ PBJ
sdfsd

Archie F. Swin
Associated press has confirmed it

Eleazar
sss

duncan_idaho
02-10-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm so happy, I can't see straight! I just did a victory lap in the office...

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 04:39 PM
eee

chiefqueen
02-10-2006, 04:41 PM

I can see you were insensitive to any Illini and KU fans in your office who are mourning.

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 04:42 PM

I really did get the "Rock and Roll part 2" going in my head when I flipped over to ESPN and saw the news.

duncan_idaho
no illini fans here... and the lone kU fan is a biotch, so I don't care.

leviw
I feel bad that Quin's team quit on him. Coached fairly well early on, especially at the end of the KU game.

I hope he gets a good assistant job with an NBA team and does well.

Dartgod
02-10-2006, 04:44 PM
http://www.cornerstoneworshipctr.org/images/praise%20the%20lord.jpg

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 04:44 PM
PBJ!

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 04:48 PM
OLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri basketball coach Quin Snyder resigned Friday, one day after saying he planned to finish what had become a disappointing season.

Quin Snyder
Snyder

Associate head coach Melvin Watkins will guide the team the rest of the season.

After a 10-5 start that culminated with an overtime win against rival Kansas, the Tigers lost six straight. They've fallen to 3-7 -- and next-to-last -- in the Big 12.

Snyder spoke to his team before practice Friday and said he was leaving.

"What he told us is, it's an opportunity to get back to playing basketball. All the speculation was a heavy burden," Watkins said.

Snyder left after a seven-year stint.

After playing at Duke and working as an assistant to coach Mike Krzyzewski, Snyder was hired to replace the retiring Norm Stewart and take Missouri to national prominence.

Snyder had 20-win teams in three of his first four seasons, including an appearance in the final eight. But the Tigers were only 42-42 since then, and attendance has dropped despite a new arena that opened last season.

Snyder said after practice Thursday that he had not been asked to resign and didn't plan to.

"I'm coaching my team, so I'm going to keep doing that until someone tells me not to, keep working as hard as I can," Snyder said at the time.

Bootlegged
02-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Quin to the Nuggets; The FAT MAN to Mizzou. Majerus has landed.

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 04:55 PM

323-95 (.773)

If his heart's good, I could live with that.

sedated
02-10-2006, 04:55 PM
and KU fans are sad.

Bootlegged
02-10-2006, 04:56 PM
323-95 (.773)

If his heart's good, I could live with that.

If he'll slap the taste of of McKinney's mouth, I'll personally send him a bonus. That kid needs some discipline.

Mr. Kotter
02-10-2006, 04:57 PM
and KU fans are sad.

Is Jerry Tarkanian available?

:p

Maybe they'll hire Matt Dougherty..... :hmmm:

(FWIW, I didn't think he was bad.....)

CoMoChief
02-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Kind of funny how I was saying the other day that I talked to Grimes and Gardner Tuesday night and they were saying that everyone is just quitting on him during practice etc., and everyone here was saying it wouldnt make sense for Quin to go during the season. Funny how things work out.

Eleazar
If he'll slap the taste of of McKinney's mouth, I'll personally send him a bonus. That kid needs some discipline.

Well he's a senior, so that won't really be necessary ;)

duncan_idaho
I think they'll push hard after Beulein...

He's got West Virginia built up, but he's losing his two best players...

Missouri has better facilities, a bigger budget and a better recruiting base.

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 05:02 PM
I'd choose Beilein (sp.) but Majerus wouldn't piss me off.

Mr. Kotter
02-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Well he's a senior, so that won't really be necessary ;)

Hopefully he's a cancer that has infected and influenced a couple of the Baby Tiggers. ;)

CoMoChief
02-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Get ready for Steve Lavin everybody!

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Hopefully he's a cancer that has infected and influenced a couple of the Baby Tiggers. ;)

Pissoff, this is our party.

kepp
02-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Get ready for Steve Lavin everybody!
He could compete with Snyder's hair.

Mr. Kotter
02-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Pissoff, this is our party.

Eh, I'm just giving you guys a little grief. As much as I hate to admit it, I'd like to see MU (and KSU for that matter) return to their Stewart (and Hartman) glory days.

I like cheering for the Big 12 in the tourney, but would find it easier to cheer enthusiastically for Mizzou and KState than I can for Texas and Oklahoma State.....

I hope you guys get a good coach.

POND_OF_RED
02-10-2006, 05:10 PM
2 words...Larry Eustachy...he loved MU more than anyone I can think of. They could get him easily. :p

CoMoChief
02-10-2006, 05:11 PM
2 words...Larry Eustachy...he loved MU more than anyone I can think of. They could get him easily. :p

I know the girl he made out with. Thats some funny shit. "Sit Down Larry!!!"

Mr. Kotter
02-10-2006, 05:18 PM

He would actually be a helluva a choice....minus the "baggage."

alanm
02-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Doubtful with Majerus. You guys can buy out Barry Collier's contract though.
Just stay the f*ck away from Dana Altman. :cuss:

POND_OF_RED
02-10-2006, 05:23 PM
As an MU fan I would like to see them take a chance on an alumni or something. Jon Sundvold I think could do great things....

ChiefsFanatic
02-10-2006, 05:27 PM
I think they'll push hard after Beulein...

He's got West Virginia built up, but he's losing his two best players...

Missouri has better facilities, a bigger budget and a better recruiting base.

I don't know any WVU players, but I find it hard to believe that MU has a better recruiting base than a nationally ranked team. I find it hard to believe that MU has a better recruiting base than any team.

But, I am a KU fan.

teedubya
02-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Cochise is available for the head coach position. heh.

I heard Nolen Richardson's name being thrown around, also... but I doubt all the racists from small town Missouri would like a black man being head coach of the Tiggers.

Lots of racial slurs going on in them there small towns.

alanm
02-10-2006, 05:33 PM
I don't know any WVU players, but I find it hard to believe that MU has a better recruiting base than a nationally ranked team. I find it hard to believe that MU has a better recruiting base than any team.

But, I am a KU fan.
They do, But like the best Nebraska kids they tend to go anywhere but Nebraska.
Creighton gets the pick of the litter in Nebraska before Nebraska does. :)

KcMizzou
02-10-2006, 05:35 PM
How weird.

"I'm not going to quit. I'm going down fighting. I quit."

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 05:47 PM
How weird.

"I'm not going to quit. I'm going down fighting. I quit."

It's hard to believe he quit on his own accord unless it was an impulse decision.

It's hard to believe he would have been forced out now versus canned at the end of the year.

Norm's exit wasn't too graceful either.

banyon
02-10-2006, 05:49 PM
:mizzou: fans should be eternally grateful to http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/bay/graphics/bay-04-hdr-logo.gif

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Harry:

Snyder told the team at practice today 2:00 PM

Alden worked out a severence for the remaining year on his contract

SnapDogg
02-10-2006, 06:01 PM

What he said!

Black Friday for Jayhawk fanz, I was hoping Queern would be there another 30 years..............

gblowfish
02-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Just goes to show ya, having great hair ain't all that.
And you shouldn't be boinkin' the chick the arena is named after.
Especially if she didn't take her own classes.
What a giant stinking turd of a situation....

Oh Well...

Mikey, bring on the next contestant...

Mizzou-rahhhhhhhwllgh....wretch ...wretch....

Saulbadguy
02-10-2006, 06:26 PM

I heard Nolen Richardson's name being thrown around, also... but I doubt all the racists from small town Missouri would like a black man being head coach of the Tiggers.

Congratulations,

You win the 2006 Chiefsplanet retarded post of the year award. To win this award so early in the year is unprecedented. Start preparing yourself for your title defese in 2007, I doubt you will need much work.

nychief
02-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Mizzou did all right the last time they hired a Northern Iowa coach, I am on the McDermott bandwagon.

4th and Long
02-10-2006, 06:32 PM
I was leaving work when the news broke. I hadn't heard it yet but apparently the Pharmacist I work with (he's a big Tiger fan, the loser) heard it. He was driving in front of me. He threw his arm out the window and started pumping his fist up and down. I was like, WFT is he doing? He motioned for me to pull over. When I rolled up next to him he yelled out his window, "SNYDER RESIGNED!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!" ROFL

Mosbonian
02-10-2006, 06:56 PM

You do realize the irony in your statement and stereotyping...

mmaddog

PastorMikH
02-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm a bit suprised that it happened this fast, but it's time for new blood. The only thing that really bothers me is that the list of coaches mentioned on ESPN's don't sound like upgrades.

ESPN - A source close to the situation at Missouri told ESPN.com that the Tigers have already assembled a list of top candidates that the school wants to pursue. Missouri is expected to ask permission, once the season ends, to speak with UAB coach Mike Anderson and Northern Iowa's Greg McDermott and will make inquiries into possibly talking with Creighton's Dana Altman and West Virginia's John Beilein.

I find this paragraph a bit disenheartening though. Those names are "Top Canidates"? Are those guys the best we can do??? Geesh, most of those names sound like who you choose after all the good options are exhausted.

duncan_idaho
02-10-2006, 07:11 PM
ChiefsFanatic,

MU does have a better recruiting base ... St. Louis and Kansas City are increidlble talent bases. West Virginia doesn't have great in-state talent ...

Beulein also is only making about $600,000/year with his new extension... MU would give him $1.25-1.5 million/year. He would have premier facilities and better in-state talent.

I'm not saying he'll do it; I'm just saying it would make sense to some people... like it or not, there are some very attractive things about the MU job...

PastorMikH
02-10-2006, 07:12 PM
:mizzou: fans should be eternally grateful to http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/bay/graphics/bay-04-hdr-logo.gif

If Kansas were any better, this probably would have happened a month ago.

Skip Towne
02-10-2006, 07:20 PM
We did our part to try to keep him. It just wasn't to be.

banyon
02-10-2006, 07:21 PM

yeah...how did we lose tht game? ugh.

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Few, HC @ Gonzaga was also mentioned on the radio today. Don't know how serious that speculation is, I only caught a bit of it.

Chiefs Express
02-10-2006, 07:39 PM
sss

He quit and bought a Toyota too?

Midway Chief
02-10-2006, 07:52 PM
It is funny to see the KU fans try to make fun of Quin by acting like they are sorry to see him go. NEWSFLASH: He beat your ass the last two times he faced you!!!

4th and Long
02-10-2006, 07:53 PM
It is funny to see the KU fans try to make fun of Quin by acting like they are sorry to see him go. NEWSFLASH: He beat your ass the last two times he faced you!!!
What's he got to show for it?

NADA!

Chiefs Express
02-10-2006, 08:04 PM

Actually the years I was at KU Quin was not MU's coach, so he didn't beat us at that time, hell, he never even faced us.

nychief
02-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Actually the years I was at KU Quin was not MU's coach, so he didn't beat us at that time, hell, he never even faced us.

so you are only a fan of a team while attending the school? That makes no sense.

Brock
02-10-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm a bit suprised that it happened this fast, but it's time for new blood. The only thing that really bothers me is that the list of coaches mentioned on ESPN's don't sound like upgrades.

I find this paragraph a bit disenheartening though. Those names are "Top Canidates"? Are those guys the best we can do??? Geesh, most of those names sound like who you choose after all the good options are exhausted.

You're nuts. Dana Altman is a better coach than Queen Snyder ever thought about being.

Chiefs Express
02-10-2006, 08:14 PM
so you are only a fan of a team while attending the school? That makes no sense.

You missed the comment .

I don't care if Snyder left MU, has no impact on me or my fandom of the Jayhawks.

nychief
02-10-2006, 08:15 PM
You missed the comment .

I don't care if Snyder left MU, has no impact on me or my fandom of the Jayhawks.

yes, i missed the sarcasm font.

Chiefs Express
02-10-2006, 08:16 PM
yes, i missed the sarcasm font.

Usually it's implied, they haven't come up with a good one to actually use.

leviw
02-10-2006, 08:16 PM

3 points this season
4 points final game of last season

It's these "beat your ass" standards set by Mizzou that kept Quin around for this season and eventually forced him out.

PastorMikH
02-10-2006, 08:22 PM
You're nuts. Dana Altman is a better coach than Queen Snyder ever thought about being.

I don't know, He probably is better than Quinn. I'm still remembering him at KSU. Granted they had always stunk before he got there and he actually did a bit better than .500 with them, but he left there and began coaching in the Missouri Valley (which may not be Div 2, but doesn't rank, IMO, with the Div 1 schools MU plays). I'd preffer to see MU at least TRY to lure a solid HC from another main Div 1 program. And after watching the football program over the last 30 years hire coaches from the lower ranks and hope they can be successful at the next level, I'd like to see them at least TRY to get a top coach.

Saulbadguy
02-10-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't know, He probably is better than Quinn. I'm still remembering him at KSU. Granted they had always stunk before he got there and he actually did a bit better than .500 with them, but he left there and began coaching in the Missouri Valley (which may not be Div 2, but doesn't rank, IMO, with the Div 1 schools MU plays). I'd preffer to see MU at least TRY to lure a solid HC from another main Div 1 program. And after watching the football program over the last 30 years hire coaches from the lower ranks and hope they can be successful at the next level, I'd like to see them at least TRY to get a top coach.
Er...K-State was actually pretty good before Altman came to town. Does Lon Kruger and Jack Hartman ring a bell?

Altman was a shitty coach in the Big 8. I think he figured things out in the MVC. Who knows if he would be a good coach in the Big XII.

sedated
02-10-2006, 08:38 PM
the list I heard was:

Bob Huggins
Rick Majeras
Dana Altman
Tom Creen

I'm officially on the Tom Creen bandwagon, now that he's done riding Dwayne Wade's coattails

PastorMikH
02-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Er...K-State was actually pretty good before Altman came to town. Does Lon Kruger and Jack Hartman ring a bell?

That was in the Norm Years. In those years, OU and KU were are only major concerns.:)

tk13
02-10-2006, 08:49 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the Missouri Valley has a better conference RPI than the Big 12.

PastorMikH
02-10-2006, 08:52 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the Missouri Valley has a better conference RPI than the Big 12.

Which team has a better shot of winning in head to head, any of the top half of the MVC vs top half of the Big 12?

Saulbadguy
That was in the Norm Years. In those years, OU and KU were are only major concerns.:)
Yeah, right.

Kruger stuck it to MU all the time.

Saulbadguy
Which team has a better shot of winning in head to head, any of the top half of the MVC vs top half of the Big 12?
Texas, OU, KU vs Creighton, Northern Iowa, Wichita State. Gee, I wonder. :)

Frazod
02-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Thank God. Rotten loser bastard. GET OUT :#

tk13
02-10-2006, 08:59 PM
After you get past Texas, on a neutral floor, I think the top half of the MVC could hold their own. I don't think it would be a bloodbath. At least not at a "Division 2" level for sure. They'd be very competitive.

the Talking Can
02-10-2006, 09:07 PM
I know I speak for all KU fans and coke dealers in Columbia: damn!

teedubya
02-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Congratulations,

You win the 2006 Chiefsplanet retarded post of the year award. To win this award so early in the year is unprecedented. Start preparing yourself for your title defese in 2007, I doubt you will need much work.

I didnt know that you were the Omnipotent Judge of all things. I guess that goes with the whole secretnazi myspace address thing you have.

YUO R 1337.

Contrary to whatever you wish to believe, there are tons of dumbass redneck racists in Missouri.

Saulbadguy
02-10-2006, 09:44 PM
I didnt know that you were the Omnipotent Judge of all things. I guess that goes with the whole secretnazi myspace address thing you have.

YUO R 1337.

Contrary to whatever you wish to believe, there are tons of dumbass redneck racists in Missouri.
Same with Kansas. However, college towns are much better about those things...except probably Boulder, Colorado.

Mosbonian
02-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Contrary to whatever you wish to believe, there are tons of dumbass racists of all colors in any state in the US.

I fixed your quote for you....

mmaddog

Eleazar
02-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Same with Kansas. However, college towns are much better about those things...except probably Boulder, Colorado.

Ali is just upset that his namesake has gone the way of the Alf, the slap bracelet, and bicycle shorts.

ChiefsFanatic
02-10-2006, 11:05 PM
ChiefsFanatic,

MU does have a better recruiting base ... St. Louis and Kansas City are increidlble talent bases. West Virginia doesn't have great in-state talent ...

Beulein also is only making about $600,000/year with his new extension... MU would give him $1.25-1.5 million/year. He would have premier facilities and better in-state talent.

I'm not saying he'll do it; I'm just saying it would make sense to some people... like it or not, there are some very attractive things about the MU job...

Really? Quin was supposed to be a great recruiter at Duke. He then goes to MU, with the great recruiting base that you speak of, and never finishes in the top 4 in the league.

ChiefsFanatic
02-10-2006, 11:06 PM

That cuts deep, Pastor. Deep.
:banghead:

ChiefsFanatic
02-10-2006, 11:10 PM

Yes. KU can have a down year, which means finishing third in the Big 12. But the Mighty Quin can never even manage to finish in the top 4.

So....NEWSFLASH: We are sorry to see him go. Now MU has a chance to hire a coach that can actually recruit and coach. That means it will be harder for KU to stay at the top of the Big 12.

Wait....this is MU we are talking about. They will hire some bozo, and it will be the same 'ol, same 'ol.