PDA

View Full Version : Busy Chiefs

kczoo
02-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Chiefs | Team getting busy soon
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:25:54 -0800

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs will start their offseason conditioning program March 27. Rookie minicamp will be May 12-14, and the first veteran minicamp is May 19-21. Head coach Herman Edwards said there may be some surprises over who will be there and won't. Call it stubborn, but he declined to elaborate.

Dunit35
02-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Some surprises huh? Some vets be getting cut. I hope Jerome Woods.

kczoo
02-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Warfield,Woods, McCleon, I hope

sedated
02-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Warfield,Woods, McCleon, I hope

hicks, bell

Dunit35
02-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Paycut Holmes.

jspchief
02-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Head coach Herman Edwards said there may be some surprises over who will be there and won't. Call it stubborn, but he declined to elaborate.
Why the f*ck would he even say something like that?

I have a feeling I'm going to get sick of his media attention whore act really quickly.

penguinz
02-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Warfield,Woods, McCleon, I hopeWarfield? Who the hell is going to be teh #2 CB then?

sedated
02-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Warfield? Who the hell is going to be teh #2 CB then?

julian battle :(

penguinz
02-10-2006, 11:11 PM
julian battle :(
Not funny.

jspchief
02-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Warfield? Who the hell is going to be teh #2 CB then?Just ignore him. There's a certain contingency of moronic Chiefs fans that think Warfield is the same player he was 3 years ago.

penguinz
02-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Just ignore him. There's a certain contingency of moronic Chiefs fans that think Warfield is the same player he was 3 years ago.
Ignore me or the guy who wants him cut? :shrug:

KcMizzou
02-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Ignore me or the guy who wants him cut? :shrug:I'm pretty sure he meant the guy who wants him cut.

penguinz
02-10-2006, 11:17 PM
That is what I thought but wanted to make sure.

tk13
02-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Not funny.
But probably with a shred of truth. Don't forget that Gun had Battle at starting corner before getting hurt last offseason, and had told Battle in front of the team he wanted him to win the #2 job outright over Warfield. If he hadn't gotten hurt Warfield may have really ended up riding the pine. I don't think Gun likes Warfield though, I could be wrong. Even when he came back originally, he'd go through these articles praising Hicks and Sims and Mitchell and on and on, and I've not sure I've ever heard him praise Warfield.

RealSNR
02-11-2006, 12:40 AM
But probably with a shred of truth. Don't forget that Gun had Battle at starting corner before getting hurt last offseason, and had told Battle in front of the team he wanted him to win the #2 job outright over Warfield. If he hadn't gotten hurt Warfield may have really ended up riding the pine. I don't think Gun likes Warfield though, I could be wrong. Even when he came back originally, he'd go through these articles praising Hicks and Sims and Mitchell and on and on, and I've not sure I've ever heard him praise Warfield.Probably because Gun hates putting up with players whose off the field bullshit ends up hurting the team. Some decent coverage (from the players and the playcalling) could have helped prevent that shitty Eagles loss.

Sure, we could improve from Warfield, but the only CB who needs replacing IMO is McPasson. Dwayne Washington surprised the piss out of me and a lot of other people this season. He's still got quite a bit left in the tank. Sapp was a great nickelback. Get a better backup to Warfield and I think we'll be just fine at CB. If Battle comes back okay from this injury, he may be the guy.

sedated
02-11-2006, 12:44 AM
dwayne washington might retire.

julian battle has shown nothing, and he is yet another saftety-to-cornerback experiment by KingCarl.

I'm not counting on either to be a factor in 2006.

RealSNR
02-11-2006, 12:48 AM
dwayne washington might retire.

julian battle has shown nothing, and he is yet another saftety-to-cornerback experiment by KingCarl.

I'm not counting on either to be a factor in 2006.Neither am I but that doesn't mean draft another mid-round CB bust either.

I hope Gun has something figured out.

Irie James
02-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Dwayne Washington surprised the piss out of me and a lot of other people this season. He's still got quite a bit left in the tank. What are you basing this on?

If we had a FS that was actually capable of providing deep support, our DB situation would be fine.

POND_OF_RED
02-11-2006, 12:50 AM
hopefully herm can fix warfield, being a secondary guy himself. (highly doubt it but at the same time very hopeful) but get rid of mccleon that guy hasnt ever had any talent besides kissing dicks ass to stay on the team.

RealSNR
02-11-2006, 01:26 AM
What are you basing this on?

If we had a FS that was actually capable of providing deep support, our DB situation would be fine.Umm... were you watching ANY Chiefs games last year? The Raider game? The ones where Surtain didn't play? Washington stepped in and did a great job

go bo
02-11-2006, 01:30 AM
what, you actually watch chiefs games?

i'm too busy drinking and getting high to actually watch the chiefs, especially when the defense is on the field...

or not...

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Umm... were you watching ANY Chiefs games last year? The Raider game? The ones where Surtain didn't play? Washington stepped in and did a great job

I was impressed with Washington in the Raiders game. Besides that one catch Moss had in the endzone against him, he did well.

RealSNR
02-11-2006, 01:32 AM
what, you actually watch chiefs games?

i'm too busy drinking and getting high to actually watch the chiefs, especially when the defense is on the field...

or not...You should try watching the games. Perhaps by being totally drunk during games you're sending us bad mojo and we keep losing because of that.

Looks like you're gonna have a dry 2006 season

go bo
02-11-2006, 01:32 AM
i thought so too, i was pleasantly surprised...

greg63
02-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Um, Oh I know Dick Vermeil.

Smed1065
02-11-2006, 02:07 AM
Um, Oh I know Dick.

I fixed your post for you! :)

go bo
02-11-2006, 02:47 AM
You should try watching the games. Perhaps by being totally drunk during games you're sending us bad mojo and we keep losing because of that.

Looks like you're gonna have a dry 2006 seasonor not, i said...

or not...

of course i watch the games, the whole neighborhood can hear me watch the games...

besides, i save totally drunk for special occasions, like the 37 forever weekend get togethers...

Irie James
02-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Umm... were you watching ANY Chiefs games last year? The Raider game? The ones where Surtain didn't play? Washington stepped in and did a great jobWashington made one play that game, and would have been burned several times if it weren't for Collins' inaccuracy. I don't know what you were watching, but it certainly didn't show me that a 36 year old corner still has "quite a bit left in the tank".

Hammock Parties
02-11-2006, 08:28 AM

I have a feeling I'm going to get sick of his media attention whore act really quickly.

I wonder if he's catalogued his media member shitlist yet?

nychief
02-11-2006, 08:34 AM
I wonder if he's catalogued his media member shitlist yet?

who gives a **** how he deals with the media? I only care about winning, period. This bitching about his relationship with the media is a joke. If this actually made you angry there is something lacking in your life. You should be happy there is any news at all about the chiefs considering it is February 11th...

58-4ever
02-11-2006, 09:12 AM

I agree. He also said that he has never watched a superbowl. What an idiot. :banghead:

Chief Pote
02-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Hey gochiefs....I don't get your new name.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey gochiefs....I don't get your new name.

n00b

Chief Pote
02-11-2006, 09:26 AM
n00b

Dude, I really don't get your name. Apparently I'm crappy at word puzzles.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Dude, I really don't get your name. Apparently I'm crappy at word puzzles.

Nah, you're just a n00b.

jspchief
02-11-2006, 10:32 AM
who gives a **** how he deals with the media? I only care about winning, period. This bitching about his relationship with the media is a joke. If this actually made you angry there is something lacking in your life. You should be happy there is any news at all about the chiefs considering it is February 11th...I give a f*ck how he deals with the media. I like to hear what the coach of my favorite team has to say. I like press conferences.

What I don't like is Herm's apparent need to throw out cliff-hangers. It reeks of attention whoring, trying to generate a story that doesn't exist yet. The media does enough of that shit on their own without him pandering to it.

And if you're so f*cking disinterested, why the hell are you in this thread commenting? As if others' negative comments are somehow more lacking in life than you coming in here to suck his ball sack. Go f*ck yourself.

CoMoChief
02-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Im not really for Bell getting cut, Id rather have him restructure because we really didnt use him the way he was used in Pitt.

jspchief
02-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Im not really for Bell getting cut, Id rather have him restructure because we really didnt use him the way he was used in Pitt.So if he doesn't fit our scheme, get rid of him.

StcChief
02-11-2006, 11:03 AM
What I don't like is Herm's apparent need to throw out cliff-hangers. It reeks of attention whoring, trying to generate a story that doesn't exist yet. The media does enough of that shit on their own without him pandering to it.

I don't like it either, this maybe the way he dealt with NYC media with Jets. He needs to get past it in KC.

Just build the Chiefs team and win and say what you need when you have something worthwhile.

KC media will do the rest on their own.

greg63
02-11-2006, 11:54 AM
I fixed your post for you! :)

ROFL Hey, leave my posts alone! ROFL

Smed1065
02-11-2006, 01:15 PM
ROFL Hey, thanks for fixing my posts! ROFL

No problem, anytime I can help! :)