PDA

View Full Version : Elway against T.O. joining Broncos

nychief
02-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Elway against T.O. joining Broncos
ESPN.com news services
click this

While Mike Shanahan continues to entertain the thought of adding wide receiver Terrell Owens to the Denver offense, the greatest Bronco of them all has spoken out against T.O.
"I think there are a lot of things about T.O. that none of us really knows, but obviously he can ruin a football team," Hall of Famer quarterback John Elway told the Denver Post on Friday evening. "If it were up to me I would say no. I think the Broncos are close enough anyway, and they don't need a guy who's too much of a risk.

"The Broncos have a great locker room right now; they have a lot of good leaders in there. To have somebody come in who's worried about himself and not worried about what the team is worried about, I wouldn't do it."

Elway is the latest among former Broncos, including Terrell Davis and Shannon Sharpe, to voice their anti-T.O. sentiment.

Owens, who has disparaged his quarterbacks in San Francisco and Philadelphia, is expected to be released in March, when he's due a total of $7.5 million in bonuses.

cdcox
02-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Why should anyone care what a furniture salesman thinks?

nychief
02-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Unpainted Arizona does not support T.O.

CoMoChief
02-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Maybe Detroit will cut Charles Rogers and pick up TO. Then we could pick up Rogers. If TO criticizes Garcia and McNabb, think about what kinds of shit he would say about Jake Mistake? He would get in his head so much.

Adept Havelock
02-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Maybe Detroit will cut Charles Rogers and pick up TO. Then we could pick up Rogers. If TO criticizes Garcia and McNabb, think about what kinds of shit he would say about Jake Mistake? He would get in his head so much.

Why would we want a receiver who has shown he's more interested in smoking pot than playing ball? :hmmm:

That sequel to Marinovich Jr., we don't need.

Frazod
02-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Can you imagine how much Owens would hate Plummet, especially when Jake goes into "big game" mode? ROFL

greg63
02-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Elway against T.O. joining Broncos

Well anything Elway's against I'm for.....maybe.

pak1983
02-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Can you imagine how much Owens would hate Plummet, especially when Jake goes into "big game" mode? ROFL

"big game" mode. hahahaha. he would buy jake the first dvd copy of brokeback and put it in his locker.

I can see TO saying "Hey I wasnt the one in the huddle throwing up semen."

stevieray
02-11-2006, 01:08 PM
close?

uh huh...right.

If you consider close not being able to score until the second and third qtr, and only then with help from the refs.

Invescos have become the 90's Chiefs.

Anubis_Zyklon
02-11-2006, 03:08 PM

It would be chaos for TO to come to Denver. TO would make Jake squeal like a little pig when he overthrew TO. Just bad news for us, TO is better suited for your offense where at least the Qb can get him the ball.

Rain Man
02-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Elway is just worried that Owens will shatter his team jerk record.