PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, Ray Lewis wants to be traded...

Fat Elvis
02-11-2006, 11:43 AM
It is pretty funny watching people whose mantra was, "Ray is god" change thier tune to, "Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out."

One guy was pissed because he has a Ray Lewis shrine in his basement.

Rumor has it that Mr. Highest paid defender in the NFL is broke, wants a new contract, and the Ravens are saying, "no way."

I don't want him here, that is for sure. Supposedly he has become quite the lockerroom cancer.

Dave Lane
02-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Any link on this?

Dave

Fat Elvis
02-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Any link on this?

Dave

It is being discussed on the Ravens board; supposed to have been in the Baltimore paper. There have been rumors on this for quite a while over there.

Fat Elvis
02-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Here is the article in question:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.preston11feb11,0,2533177.column?coll=bal-sports-football

Frazod
02-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Another guy with Broncos written all over him. Can you imagine him and Owens in the same lockerroom? :evil:

morphius
02-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Pretty ballsy wanting a raise with as much time as he missed the last couple seasons, I guess he wants that one last bonus so he can retire soon as he can tell the end is near. Plus the fact that their offense is so pathetic that he probably doesn't even see a light on the other side of the tunnel.

Phobia
02-11-2006, 11:54 AM
I do not like that guy. I can't wait until he's bagging my groceries.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2006, 11:55 AM

Wouldn't that be great?

Hey Ray, what time is it? BAGGIN' TIME! PAPER BAG IN DA HOUSE!

Bob Dole
02-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Supposedly he has become quite the lockerroom cancer.

Supposedly?

It's been pretty clear for awhile that Ray's best friend and biggest fan is Ray.

leviw
02-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Rumor has it Ray's out of money. He built a huge house, had to sell it. Has been charging Joe-Montana-like appearance fees.

He's got a restraunt in the Baltimore area that's about to go under, so I hear. He contacted a radio station to run an ad for it. They did for a couple months, never received a check from Ray to pay the charge. Called him up. Ray said sure, no problem. Sent the station several hundred $$ worth of certificates to his restraunt.

Not what they were looking for.

Mr. Laz
02-11-2006, 12:05 PM
looks like he taking a page from the TO book

a growing trend ...

1. play nice until you get a new contract.
2. do as much as you can to force the biggest SB
3. once you get the bonus become a huge pain in the ass so they are force to trade/cut you.

rinse/repeat with your new team

Hammock Parties
02-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Rumor has it Ray's out of money. He built a huge house, had to sell it. Has been charging Joe-Montana-like appearance fees.

He's got a restraunt in the Baltimore area that's about to go under, so I hear. He contacted a radio station to run an ad for it. They did for a couple months, never received a check from Ray to pay the charge. Called him up. Ray said sure, no problem. Sent the station several hundred $$ worth of certificates to his restraunt.

Oh my god...that's hilarious.

I remember seeing his house on NFL Network. Oops, Ray!

Doesn't really matter because Ray will easily be able to get a front office job with the Ravens.

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 12:12 PM

OMG...that made my day....hahahaha. That would be like a restuarant getting sued for X amount of dollars and sending the guy who sued them gift certificates.

greg63
02-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Good for him; the last time the Chiefs played the Ravens he cried and whined about being double teamed. It was hilarious.

Simplex3
02-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Another guy with Broncos written all over him. Can you imagine him and Owens in the same lockerroom? :evil:
Maybe Ray could stab Owens in the face? It might work out Ok, actually.

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Good for him; the last time the Chiefs played the Ravens he cried and whined about being double teamed.

May I add that he was also manhandled while being double teamed and one on one.

cdcox
02-11-2006, 12:18 PM
If he is in financial trouble now, I don't see any way this is going to end pretty for stabber Ray.

Simplex3
02-11-2006, 12:19 PM
On a side note, how the F**K do you get in financial trouble while you're making over $4M / year?

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 12:21 PM
I just don't understand how these players run out of money. Oh wait yes I do...Gold plated toilets, 14 lamborghinis (sp) and for Lewis' a crystal 14'' knife.

Ray: I just got a flat tire on my escalade, so I need a new one.

Dealer: A tire, sure thing sir.

Ray: No, a new Escalade.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2006, 12:23 PM
On a side note, how the F**K do you get in financial trouble while you're making over $4M / year?

By being a dumbass.

Mr. Laz
02-11-2006, 12:24 PM

pretty easy if you start a business investments etc.

4 million per year ain't squat if your business is losing money

Frazod
02-11-2006, 12:25 PM

Posses are expensive. :D

greg63
02-11-2006, 12:27 PM
May I add that he was also manhandled while being double teamed and one on one.

Yup! He couldn't handle Roaf at all.

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Yup! He couldn't handle Roaf at all.

I also remember seeing Waters own him as well as Richardson.

Simplex3
02-11-2006, 12:28 PM
If that's the case Ray needs to leave some bowls of anti-freeze around the house and take care of that problem.

Mr. Laz
02-11-2006, 12:29 PM
what's a posses? is that related to the Possum?

maybe a distant animal cousin ... can they fly?

a flying possum would be cool :thumb:

greg63
02-11-2006, 12:33 PM

It was fun watching him crash and burn. ROFL

Smed1065
02-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Simplex is having a good day I see, poor ray ray. :)

Frazod
02-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Did the people at Webster suddenly change the spelling of the word "posse"? :shrug:

el borracho
02-11-2006, 12:55 PM
They can't be double-bagging on every play!

Fat Elvis
02-11-2006, 01:26 PM

Don't forget Jordan Black planting his ass in the ground....

morphius
02-11-2006, 01:43 PM
what's a posses? is that related to the Possum?

maybe a distant animal cousin ... can they fly?

a flying possum would be cool :thumb:

Could you imagine the damage they would cause everytime a plane, helicopter or a large bird of prey came near? Playing possum at a couple hundred feet in the air into my windshield would not be appreciated.

Rain Man
02-11-2006, 03:27 PM
pretty easy if you start a business investments etc.

4 million per year ain't squat if your business is losing money

If I was making $4 million a year playing football, I wouldn't even be considering investing money in anything besides Treasury bonds and maybe some conservative stock funds. There's no reason to risk your money when you're making that much.

tk13
02-11-2006, 03:30 PM
If I was making $4 million a year playing football, I wouldn't even be considering investing money in anything besides Treasury bonds and maybe some conservative stock funds. There's no reason to risk your money when you're making that much.
So you're a believer in Martynomics.

FAX
02-11-2006, 03:33 PM

I don't know, Mr. Rain Man. I'm certainly no expert, but a restaurant serving "Duck a la Ray" and "Quarterback Smack Pie" seems like a pretty good investment to me.

FAX

Wile_E_Coyote
02-11-2006, 03:37 PM
I wonder if Ray Ray knows Mrs. Strahan

<A name=291692>Giants | Police and Courts: Strahan's wife fails to get restraining order
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:48:48 -0800
Jeane Macintosh, of the New York Post, reports New York Giants (http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl) DL Michael Strahan (http://www.kffl.com/player/1275/nfl)'s estranged wife failed to get a restraining order against him. An appeals court ruled Strahan's actions during an argument last year did not amount to domestic violence. The argument started when his wife withdrew $1.7 million from their joint account.

-I'd pay good money for that pay for view street brawl

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Don't forget Jordan Black planting his ass in the ground....

Can't forget that. Maybe we should check the game again and see if Trent did too. I remember seeing that video of Ray getting ruled during one of the games or maybe it was the practice I went too. So funny to see Ray get ruled on the jumbrotron thing.

Rain Man
02-11-2006, 03:43 PM

ROFL

I'd be such a Martynomics guy that I'd hire Donnell Bennett as my money manager and have him hide the money up Grunhard's rear end month after month after month.

Simplex3
02-11-2006, 03:46 PM
..The argument started when his wife withdrew $1.7 million from their joint account.
I'd be up for murder.

Anubis_Zyklon
02-11-2006, 03:51 PM
They have been batting this around for a while. Nothing solid on it yet.

chief52
02-11-2006, 04:01 PM

Good call tk! Gotta like it... ROFL

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 04:04 PM
I'd be up for murder.

I'd be up for one hell of a insufficient funds fee.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2006, 04:45 PM
ROFL

I'd be such a Martynomics guy that I'd hire Donnell Bennett as my money manager and have him hide the money up Grunhard's rear end month after month after month.

WHOA. WHOA! A smiley. FROM RAIN MAN?

tk13
02-11-2006, 04:47 PM
WHOA. WHOA! A smiley. FROM RAIN MAN?
I can do it all.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2006, 04:48 PM
I can do it all.

You're the best! Arouuuuund!

Kerberos
02-11-2006, 04:57 PM

I would say the biggest problem with high profile players like RAY LEWIS having any kind of investments is not having the FIRST clue on how to run said business and then milking it by bringing all you teammates in for free dinner, etc etc etc. Having a friend run the business for you only to find out that he/she has been shorting you for the last 5 years and now your business is failing.

You are correct RainMan

Invest in something that doesn't involve a shit load of trust.

:thumb:

DomerNKC
02-11-2006, 05:45 PM
I do not like that guy. I can't wait until he's bagging my groceries.aren't you currently seeking a witty title?

chagrin
02-11-2006, 06:57 PM
"I didn't see nothin!"

dj56dt58
02-11-2006, 07:00 PM
It is pretty funny watching people whose mantra was, "Ray is god" change thier tune to, "Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out."

One guy was pissed because he has a Ray Lewis shrine in his basement.

Rumor has it that Mr. Highest paid defender in the NFL is broke, wants a new contract, and the Ravens are saying, "no way."

I don't want him here, that is for sure. Supposedly he has become quite the lockerroom cancer.
Yeah..i don't want him here either..I mean why would we acctually want a good defense? :rolleyes:

Fat Elvis
02-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah..i don't want him here either..I mean why would we acctually want a good defense? :rolleyes:

Maybe because without Sam Adams and Goose in front of him, he is only a mediocre LB....

His stats are inflated; heck, in one game last year he was credited with a tackle and he wasn't even suited up.

FAX
02-11-2006, 08:11 PM
His stats are inflated; heck, in one game last year he was credited with a tackle and he wasn't even suited up.

Could you "unpack" this factoid for me, Mr. Fat Elvis. Are you joking here? I cannot imagine this happening, but it sounds crazy enough to be true.

FAX

Fat Elvis
02-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Could you "unpack" this factoid for me, Mr. Fat Elvis. Are you joking here? I cannot imagine this happening, but it sounds crazy enough to be true.

FAX

I just checked his individual stats, and it isn't showing up. But it was in a game stat (not sure which one right now) that got a pretty good chuckle out of the Baltimore fans.

Fat Elvis
02-11-2006, 08:31 PM
OK, found it....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051120_PIT@BAL

This was week 11 of the 2005 season. As you can see....

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3831/gamelogs/2005

DomerNKC
02-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Maybe because without Sam Adams and Goose in front of him, he is only a mediocre LB....

His stats are inflated; heck, in one game last year he was credited with a tackle and he wasn't even suited up.im kinda below average without a Sam Adams in front of me too.

Fat Elvis
02-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I guess the Balitmore stat keepers got a little carried away that game.

DJJasonp
02-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Wouldn't that be great?

Hey Ray, what time is it? BAGGIN' TIME! PAPER BAG IN DA HOUSE!

YOU MUST PROTECT THESE EGGS!!!!!!

beer bacon
02-11-2006, 10:20 PM
We don't need Ray Ray. Kawika Missle, DJ, and Bell/Barber/Fox/Griffin will tear is up next year. It is the D-line we need to improve.

jspchief
02-11-2006, 10:34 PM
I like Ray Lewis. I've always been a fan of the LB position, and Ray is one of the best to ever play the game. He plays with heart and intensity.

He's on the downside of his career now, and probably isn't justified in wanting more money, regardless of his financial problems. It would be too bad if he had to pull a Jerry Rice to eek out the last years of his career.

milkman
02-11-2006, 10:36 PM
I like Ray Lewis. I've always been a fan of the LB position, and Ray is one of the best to ever play the game. He plays with heart and intensity.

He's on the downside of his career now, and probably isn't justified in wanting more money, regardless of his financial problems. It would be too bad if he had to pull a Jerry Rice to eek out the last years of his career.

There's no denying his talent.

Ray Ray won't even deny that.

Spicy McHaggis
02-11-2006, 11:08 PM

Taking liberties with the quote here,

"When you see me roll up in a Bentley, what does that say to you?"

"I'm a young, black man who isn't good at managing his money."

Halfcan
02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Ray should still be in jail for murder. His dance routines are an embarassment. If he tried that shit at Arrowhead he would get laughed out of there.

Ray is nothing but a thug murderer.

Bowser
02-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Ray should still be in jail for murder. His dance routines are an embarassment. If he tried that shit at Arrowhead he would get laughed out of there.

Ray is nothing but a thug murderer.

The term you are looking for is STREET THUG.

Baby Lee
02-12-2006, 04:34 PM
There's Phobia the Chiefs fan, tooling around in his Hy-un-dai-ay, grousing how BMW makes shitty cars. ;)

dj56dt58
02-12-2006, 05:40 PM

I'm pretty sure they havn't been there that long. Not to mention, Ray Lewis and mediocre should never be mentioned in the same sentence...

Skyy God
02-12-2006, 06:51 PM
If Ray Ray can tackle people from the sidelines, he may just be worth a $50M signing bonus.