PDA

View Full Version : **Official** KU vs. Iowa State Game Thread

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 03:32 PM
This is late and nobody put one up. So I will and see what happens.

KU 34
ISU 25

Heard the announcers say we win we should be ranked. Rock Chalk baby. :thumb:

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 03:39 PM
KU 40
ISU 28

4:30 1st half.

htismaqe
02-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Go KU.

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 03:50 PM
It's looking like a highlight reel for KU today. I think half their points are oops.

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 04:00 PM
3 KU players named to the Big 12 10th year Anniversary team

Heinrich
Collison
Lafrentz

KU 47
ISU 32

halftime.

Bearcat
02-11-2006, 04:05 PM
3 KU players named to the Big 12 10th year Anniversary team

Heinrich
Collison
Lafrentz

KU 47
ISU 32

halftime.

Cool.... keep the updates coming :thumb:

I switched to days on Saturdays, so I'll get to watch KU/MU & then KU/Texas PBJ

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Turning into a game now.

KU 51
ISU 43.

ISU made a couple 3's.

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 04:27 PM
KU looking horrible now. This is disgusting.

KU 59
ISU 55

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
KU 67
ISU 57

7:10 left.

Bearcat
02-11-2006, 04:45 PM
KU 67
ISU 57

7:10 left.

Good.. hopefully somewhat better now.

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 04:49 PM
KU 76
ISU 61

5:15 left

KU looking much better now.

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 05:08 PM
And the chant begins.

Dunit35
02-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Game over

KU 88
ISU 75

On our way to top 25 status I hope.

teedubya
02-11-2006, 05:13 PM
It was awesome, then ugly, then awesome! Yeah KU.

Ceej
02-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Stinson and Blalock must be butt buddies. I don't remember Blalock being a douchebag. But, today he let his true self out. They're both whiny pricks.

Bearcat
02-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Sweet. Thanks for the updates.

I think we got absolutely hammered against OSU a couple of years ago... same Saturday afternoon/Monday night deal.... the year it seemed like we never showed up on Monday after a Saturday game.

Not like it has anything to do with now.... just brought back bad memories.

banyon
02-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Stinson and Blalock must be butt buddies. I don't remember Blalock being a douchebag. But, today he let his true self out. They're both whiny pricks.

Yeah, he pushed Russell almost all the way over the scorer's table and the refs didn't even see it.

We won this game at the line and because their big guys are terrible. Chalmers had another nice game.

Wright gives little teams like ISU fits.

Ceej
02-11-2006, 05:33 PM
That honestly looked like an acting job by RussRob. Duke-like, if you will.

But, towards the latter part of the game, it showed Blalock blatantly pushing R2 when KU was trying to inbound the ball. No call though, go figure.

Mr. Laz
02-11-2006, 05:36 PM
When KU is on they can play with just about anyone imo.

the problem is that they struggle staying "on" for an entire game.

lack of confidence, too much confidence, lack of focus ... they bounce around like a super ball.

DJay23
02-11-2006, 05:46 PM
When KU is on they can play with just about anyone imo.

the problem is that they struggle staying "on" for an entire game.

lack of confidence, too much confidence, lack of focus ... they bounce around like a super ball.
As you know, it's youth.

THis team is shaping up like I predicted. We've got 6 regular seasons left to get 3 wins for 20 overall. I think we get there considering the remaining schedule.

@ Okie State L (Could easily be a loss, though OSU is in disarray)
Mizzou - W
Baylor - W
@Texas - L
Colorado - W
@ K-State - W

That would put us at 21-8 (12-4). That should be good enough for second or third this year in the Big XII and a first round bye in the tournament.

We're proving to be a team no one wants to see on their schedule down the stretch.

teedubya
02-11-2006, 05:48 PM
i have a sneaky feeling that we will, at least, get to the final 32 this year.

DJay23
02-11-2006, 05:51 PM
i have a sneaky feeling that we will, at least, get to the final 32 this year.
I don't want to jinx anything so I'll knock on wood when I post this, but I could see us getting a round beyond that.

banyon
02-11-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't want to jinx anything so I'll knock on wood when I post this, but I could see us getting a round beyond that.

Fab 5 were a 6 seed when they made the Finals. They came on late.

Not that we're going to make the finals, but my money's on a KU #6 Seed.

1punkyQB
02-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Given the right bracket, 2 tourny wins seems reasonable. Maybe it's my mid-major bias, but Gonzaga and George Washington don't seem scary as 2 seeds.

4th and Long
02-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Whassa' score?

Pants
02-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Whassa' score?

Post #13.

4th and Long
02-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Post #13.
http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/latka.gif
Tank you beddy much.

Bearcat
02-11-2006, 06:06 PM
@ Okie State L (Could easily be a loss, though OSU is in disarray)
Mizzou - W
Baylor - W
@Texas - L
Colorado - W
@ K-State - W

That's tough considering the "staying on" comment... because you know they'll be up for MU, Texas, & KSU, but they have 2 huge look-ahead games with OSU & Baylor... and even with Colorado (yeah, they're #25, but they haven't beaten anybody). For a young team, beating who you're supposed to be can be more challenging than playing an equal, so it'll be a fun couple of weeks, seeing if they can take care of business and to see if they can play with Texas.

irishjayhawk
02-11-2006, 06:12 PM
That's tough considering the "staying on" comment... because you know they'll be up for MU, Texas, & KSU, but they have 2 huge look-ahead games with OSU & Baylor... and even with Colorado (yeah, they're #25, but they haven't beaten anybody). For a young team, beating who you're supposed to be can be more challenging than playing an equal, so it'll be a fun couple of weeks, seeing if they can take care of business and to see if they can play with Texas.
You should probably take giddens out of your espn 2k4 sig :P

DJay23
02-11-2006, 06:16 PM
I think we'll get torched by Tejas. I'm thinking our kids will be starry eyed going down there (not that they have a great home court advantage) and Texas will be way up for this game considering what OU did to them.

Every other game is winnable, it's just like you said. Will they be able to stay focused and beat the teams they are supposed to. Lately they have. Had that little hiccup week versus Mizzou and the Mild Kittens, both games that could have gone the other way just as easily.

We're playing good ball right now and that's what matters most.

Anyong Bluth
02-11-2006, 06:29 PM
a 6 seed would be a bit low if they only lose to UT - the committee looks at how you progress - I don't see another team in the land with as much upside than KU - yes I'm biased a can be but its not unrealistic

banyon
02-11-2006, 06:33 PM
a 6 seed would be a bit low if they only lose to UT - the committee looks at how you progress - I don't see another team in the land with as much upside than KU - yes I'm biased a can be but its not unrealistic

Yeah, I said that because I think we lose twice. 1x to TX and 1x in the Big XII tourney (maybe to OK?) 5 is in the realm of possibility. 7-8 if we lose other games besides those.

Bearcat
02-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Given the right bracket, 2 tourny wins seems reasonable. Maybe it's my mid-major bias, but Gonzaga and George Washington don't seem scary as 2 seeds.

Yeah... the bracket (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology) just doesn't look the same. Tennessee, Memphis, Georgetown, Iowa... heck, they have Boston College as a #5, and they looked awful against Duke, even though they kept it close.... which tells me a lot about Duke, too.

Bearcat
02-11-2006, 06:59 PM
You should probably take giddens out of your espn 2k4 sig :P

lol.. oh yeah, I'm in at work mode, so I don't even see it.

I'll have to work on that. :hmmm:

Ceej
02-11-2006, 07:48 PM
How about UK? I guess they could afford to lose @ the road at Vanderbilt because Prince told me they usually win the conference tournament 90% of the time. LAUGH.

Bearcat
02-11-2006, 07:52 PM
How about UK? I guess they could afford to lose @ the road at Vanderbilt because Prince told me they usually win the conference tournament 90% of the time. LAUGH.

Hadn't noticed they've lost 3 in a row... I really hope that bursts their bubble... being an 8 seed in bracketology is ridiculous... I don't care how much ESPN loves the Wildcats.

Ceej
02-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I think the Shocks could put it to 'em. But, I don't think I have read the latest bracketology. Last I knew it was WSU/UK first round. Soooo intriguing.

DJay23
02-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah... the bracket (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology) just doesn't look the same. Tennessee, Memphis, Georgetown, Iowa... heck, they have Boston College as a #5, and they looked awful against Duke, even though they kept it close.... which tells me a lot about Duke, too.
Wow, only 3 Big XII teams in. I know it's been a down year, but damn.

AirForceChief
02-11-2006, 08:01 PM
I think the Shocks could put it to 'em. But, I don't think I have read the latest bracketology. Last I knew it was WSU/UK first round. Soooo intriguing.

But I think WSU is on the rise and will be a better seed...UK might not even make the NCAA tourney the way things are going for them. NIT??

Bearcat
02-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Wow, only 3 Big XII teams in. I know it's been a down year, but damn.

Here's (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bubblewatch?id=11) a better look at it... Big 12 with only 2 locks, ACC with only 2, Pac 10 will only get 1 in..... crazy.

DJay23
02-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Here's (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bubblewatch?id=11) a better look at it... Big 12 with only 2 locks, ACC with only 2, Pac 10 will only get 1 in..... crazy.
Call me an elitist, but that's ridiculous for the ACC and the Big XII to get a total of 4 teams in combined. I'm not saying they deserve to go because of what conference they are in, but it's a down year in college hoops when these conferences don't put 5 teams in EACH, minimum.

I'm sure others will see it the opposite way.

DJay23
02-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Call me an elitist, but that's ridiculous for the ACC and the Big XII to get a total of 4 teams in combined. I'm not saying they deserve to go because of what conference they are in, but it's a down year in college hoops when these conferences don't put 5 teams in EACH, minimum.

Of course that could be good for a team like KU who is heating up at the right time. The more games these guys can get under their belt, the better they'll be next year, and the next year.

Bearcat
02-11-2006, 08:26 PM

They ACC's down because it seemed like every team made it in last year. That said, I think we're moving into an NFL-like age of parity, which has obviously been in the works over the last few years. You don't need years of development to become a really good player, like football, baseball, or hockey; and as it gets more and more popular, good athletes are ending up at places like Gonzaga & Wichita State. Just like what women's college basketball has gone through... it's no longer just Tennessee & UCONN.

ChiefsFanatic
02-12-2006, 12:27 AM

You better not sleep on the Zags and Mr. Mustache. Mark Few may be the best coach in the country. He has taken a small school and made them a national power, and they are consistently in the top 25.

But GW is another story. Like St. Joseph, this may be a one year thing for them.

As a KU fan, I just want to be in the thing. [Then I want to win]

ChiefsFanatic
02-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Of course that could be good for a team like KU who is heating up at the right time. The more games these guys can get under their belt, the better they'll be next year, and the next year.

Did you just quote yourself?

greg63
02-12-2006, 12:33 AM
http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/latka.gif
Tank you beddy much.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Wock tock day Hock!

DJay23
02-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Did you just quote yourself?
Not any different from real life. I talk to myself all the time.

Braincase
02-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Anybody seen chiefqueen in a Jayhawk thread for awhile? Seems to me that she predicted a sweep by ISU over the 'Hawks, and didn't see seven victories on the schedule after the losses to KSU and Mizzou.

I'm not trying to be mean, but she does deserve a little jostling for that prediction. 'Hawks haven't lost a game since...

Bearcat
02-12-2006, 09:05 AM
You better not sleep on the Zags and Mr. Mustache. Mark Few may be the best coach in the country. He has taken a small school and made them a national power, and they are consistently in the top 25.

They always flake out in the tournament... they play down to their weak conference, and then think they can get away with it in March. Who knows though.... I was watching highlights of Morrison & Redick last night thinking those two might be capable of winning a couple of tournament games on their own.

Bearcat
02-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Anybody seen chiefqueen in a Jayhawk thread for awhile? Seems to me that she predicted a sweep by ISU over the 'Hawks, and didn't see seven victories on the schedule after the losses to KSU and Mizzou.

I'm not trying to be mean, but she does deserve a little jostling for that prediction. 'Hawks haven't lost a game since...

I wasn't going to bump it until after we beat OSU... don't want to jinx it :p

DJay23
02-12-2006, 09:59 AM
I wasn't going to bump it until after we beat OSU... don't want to jinx it :p
Too late. Nice going. :p

Bearcat
02-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Too late. Nice going. :p

I mean... uh.... unless we beat OSU!!

:banghead:

htismaqe
02-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Iowa State's "veteran" backcourt has become a problem.

They were talking about Friday night before this latest loss.

You expect the young bigs to struggle, but you also expect Stinson and Blalock to play like seasoned vets and they're not. They're selfish and out-of-control. They make dumb decisions at the worst times.

Bearcat
02-12-2006, 12:49 PM
They make dumb decisions at the worst times.

It's nice that KU could shut them up :)

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/13851150.htm

ChiefsFanatic
02-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Iowa State's "veteran" backcourt has become a problem.

They were talking about Friday night before this latest loss.

You expect the young bigs to struggle, but you also expect Stinson and Blalock to play like seasoned vets and they're not. They're selfish and out-of-control. They make dumb decisions at the worst times.

At one point there was a conference between the officials and Morgan. Stinson came over and Morgan pushed him away, and Stinson looked like he couldn't believe it. He started saying "Coach, I'm a captain. I'm a captain, coach." Meaning that he had a right to be involved in the meeting at the coach's bench.