PDA

View Full Version : Misc Quit MJ after 17 yrs a 1/2 oz a week user. HELP

Pages : [1] 2

Chief Roundup
02-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Have any of you guys ever quit and struggled like I am? I know it is what I want to do but I am alienating everyone around me. Man this sucks. I can't seem to control myself. I am not yelling but I am so confused and emotional like a woman right now it is horrible.

Bowser
02-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Never tried the stuff. Really.

stumppy
02-12-2006, 02:00 PM
How long ago did you quit?

Adept Havelock
02-12-2006, 02:00 PM
It's tough. The main thing to remember is that your addiction is basically a perversion of the survival drives...somewhere along the line MJ got added in with Food, Water, Shelter, and Sex. Recognizing it as such makes it a bit easier, but nothing will make it a walk in the park.

Try finding a decent support group, but use your best judgement when "sounding" one out.

You also might try regular exercise. It will help flush the metabolites over time, and help you re-establish a normal wake-sleep cycle.

Hang in there, and good luck.

Katipan
02-12-2006, 02:12 PM
I'd probably end up drinking a lot.

Phobia
02-12-2006, 02:17 PM
I've tried the stuff, even regularly smoked as a youngster but it's never been a struggle for me. Quitting copenhagen was incredibly difficult. Most of the battle is sincerely making up your mind. Good luck.

QuikSsurfer
02-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Have any of you guys ever quit and struggled like I am? I know it is what I want to do but I am alienating everyone around me. Man this sucks. I can't seem to control myself. I am not yelling but I am so confused and emotional like a woman right now it is horrible.

well hello

plbrdude
02-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I've tried the stuff, even regularly smoked as a youngster but it's never been a struggle for me. Quitting copenhagen was incredibly difficult. Most of the battle is sincerely making up your mind. Good luck.

truth there. quitting cigs the 1st ten times literally made me a nut case. by the grace of God i finally got it done. by the mercy of God booze and dope wasn't a problem. strange thing was, i loved getting drunk, and hated cigs. nasty smell and taste in your mouth, that sort of stuff.
anyways best of luck. i'll say a prayer for you.

FAX
02-12-2006, 02:24 PM
It's very difficult. Moreso than most people realize, Mr. Chief Roundup.

My recommendation is that you find a 12 step program. The yellow pages and a few phone calls will locate a meeting in your area. If you're serious about the change, dive into the program with everything you've got.

It's the best (and oftentimes the only) way to accomplish what you're after.

Best,

FAX

KcMizzou
02-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Most of the battle is sincerely making up your mind. Good luck.Very true. Knowing you should quit doing something, and honestly wanting to are very different.

I believe most people fail because they only make a half-hearted attempt in the first place. I know that's been true of me in the past. (Concerning various bad habits.)

Sfeihc
02-12-2006, 02:26 PM
It's tough. The main thing to remember is that your addiction is basically a perversion of the survival drives...somewhere along the line MJ got added in with Food, Water, Shelter, and Sex. Recognizing it as such makes it a bit easier, but nothing will make it a walk in the park.

Try finding a decent support group, but use your best judgement when "sounding" one out.

You also might try regular exercise. It will help flush the metabolites over time, and help you re-establish a normal wake-sleep cycle.

Hang in there, and good luck.

Havelock offers you some sound advice. Exercise is key, even if it only is walking, it will help your body. For your mind, understand what you're doing is to help yourself and your REAL friends will "weed" themselves out time. Explore new interests and look for new hobbies. Good Luck and God Bless.

QuikSsurfer
02-12-2006, 02:30 PM
I've quit a few times :)
I've smoked the ganj for about 8 years now. Only outside help i ever got that actually did anything was going to local NA meetings. here is a link with state listings to of group meetings: http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/meetings/a/blaa.htm

Bwana
02-12-2006, 02:32 PM
I gave up Copenhagen a month ago after chewing for over 25 years. I just woke up one day and said fug this, I'm done and gave it up cold turkey. I had read in advance that giving up chew was equivalent to knocking a heroin habit because of the amount of nicotine in a single pinch of chew. I knew what I was in for in advance and it still kicked my ass. I ran the same emotional gamut you are going through and was a world class dick weed to be around. I am just now leveling off. It must have taken that long for all the nicotine to leave my system. There were days when I was about half crazy. I would go from zero to sixty on the pissed off scale in about two seconds. Now that it’s over with (knock on wood) I feel a lot better, have more energy and have been hitting the weights and kick boxing hard again. What you are going through is totally natural, a pain in the ass, but totally natural. Expect your emotions to be off the chart for a period of time. If you get pissed off around your family or friends, take a walk, get out of there. Just know you made the right choice, the smart choice, things will level off, and you will be a stronger person for having the rocks to kick the habit. Hang in there and good Luck!! :thumb:

QuikSsurfer
02-12-2006, 02:36 PM
I gave up Copenhagen a month ago after chewing for over 25 years. I just woke up one day and said fug this, I'm done and gave it up cold turkey. I had read in advance that giving up chew was equivalent to knocking a heroin habit because of the amount of nicotine in a single pinch of chew. I knew what I was in for in advance and it still kicked my ass. I ran the same emotional gamut you are going through and was a world class dick weed to be around. I am just now leveling off. It must have taken that long for all the nicotine to leave my system. There were days when I was about half crazy. I would go from zero to sixty on the pissed off scale in about two seconds. Now that it’s over with (knock on wood) I feel a lot better, have more energy and have been hitting the weights and kick boxing hard again. What you are going through is totally natural, a pain in the ass, but totally natural. Expect your emotions to be off the chart for a period of time. If you get pissed off around your family or friends, take a walk, get out of there. Just know you made the right choice, the smart choice, things will level off, and you will be a stronger person for having the rocks to kick the habit. Hang in there and good Luck!! :thumb:

dip doesn't really affect you or the people around you like a marijuana addiction.. that's like biting your nails.

Chief Roundup
02-12-2006, 02:39 PM
How long ago did you quit?
9 days

SLAG
02-12-2006, 02:46 PM
remember Mj is not physically addcitive only mentaly.

Unline Nicotine or Alchohol

MJ additcion is all mental

Mind over matter buddy!

:thumb:

Chief Roundup
02-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Hey guys I am through. Just seeing how this is affecting makes me feel very ugly and not worthy of the great people that are now in my life.
The funny thing is that the kids seem to be calming but my wife seems to be the one that I am cold and distant to. And she does not deserve that.

I will never smoke again. It is over. It is just a matter of getting past this without making her hate me right now and wanting to leave.

B_Ambuehl
02-12-2006, 02:52 PM
I gave up Copenhagen a month ago after chewing for over 25 years. I just woke up one day and said fug this, I'm done and gave it up cold turkey. I had read in advance that giving up chew was equivalent to knocking a heroin habit because of the amount of nicotine in a single pinch of chew. I knew what I was in for in advance and it still kicked my ass. I ran the same emotional gamut you are going through and was a world class dick weed to be around. I am just now leveling off. It must have taken that long for all the nicotine to leave my system. There were days when I was about half crazy.

Nictoine is very difficult to cold turkey. I bought a can of fake tobacco they sell at wal-mart called smokey mountain. Mixed 1/2 a can of copenhagen with 1/2 a can of that and only allowed myself a certain number of dips per day. After a few days I cut down on the dips allowed and then started mxiing only 1/4 copenhagen with 3/4 smokey mtn. Did that for a week or so and then finally switched all the way over to the fake stuff with no copenhagen. It was much easier then i thought it would initially be. If i had to do it again i would also use wellbutrin or zyban to help in the process.

Bwana
02-12-2006, 02:54 PM
dip doesn't really affect you or the people around you like a marijuana addiction.. that's like biting your nails.

Like biting your nails? As far as I know, biting yoru nails won't cause cancer or cost you a shit load of money. As far as quitting, quitting weed is easier than to quitting the Chew habit because of the physical addiction factor related to nicotine..........seriously, look it up.

SLAG
02-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Like biting your nails? As far as I know, biting yoru nails won't cause cancer or cost you a shit load of money. As far as quitting, quitting weed is easier than to quitting the Chew habit because of the physical addiction factor related to nicotine..........seriously, look it up.

He is And Idiot

Chief Roundup
02-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Well I quit smoking cigs for 4 months and it was not nearly as emotional as stopping MJ. I did start cigs again after that though.

go bo
02-12-2006, 03:01 PM
psssst...

if you're quitting, can i have your pipe? :bong:

Bwana
02-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Nictoine is very difficult to cold turkey. I bought a can of fake tobacco they sell at wal-mart called smokey mountain. Mixed 1/2 a can of copenhagen with 1/2 a can of that and only allowed myself a certain number of dips per day. After a few days I cut down on the dips allowed and then started mxiing only 1/4 copenhagen with 3/4 smokey mtn. Did that for a week or so and then finally switched all the way over to the fake stuff with no copenhagen. It was much easier then i thought it would initially be. If i had to do it again i would also use wellbutrin or zyban to help in the process.
That may have been a better route to go, but in my mind, I'm either doing something or I'm not so that's why I said screw this I'm doing it cold turkey. That technique is not for everyone, but I knew it was best for my personality. I knew it would be harder up front, but would be over faster. The first three weeks were a total bitch, but the last week was a walk through the park on a comparative level.

Every week I put $25 into a box (what it was costing me to use Copenhagen plus a little extra) and after one year, I am going to take the money and do something with the family. Here's the kicker. :drool: I told my wife if I fell off the wagon for even one chew during that year, I would make myself triple what was in the kitty and donate the money to PETA. Needless to say, I won't let that happen come hell or high water. :hmmm:

Eleazar
02-12-2006, 03:13 PM
I thought this stuff wasn't addictive?

BigMeatballDave
I smoked alot of weed 10-15 years ago. Haven't smoked on a regular basis in 9. I quit because I moved to Ohio and wasn't hanging around people who used. That makes it easy...

Bwana
hahahaha... if you donate money to Peta you have to post it here.

LOL, Brian, you know me well enough to know hell would freeze over before I would let something as dreadful as that happen. I thought of the worst punishment I could think of in the event I ever fell off the wagon and for me, donating to PETA was it.........I'm done.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2006, 03:16 PM

Find something to do. Perhaps poker.

BigMeatballDave
02-12-2006, 03:17 PM
I thought this stuff wasn't addictive?I've always heard that. I never felt I ever really NEEDED it. I don't see how it could be chemically addicitive, just psychologically, I suppose...

KcMizzou
02-12-2006, 03:18 PM
LOL, Brian, you know me well enough to know hell would freeze over before I would let something as dreadful as that happen.You bought a Peta fishing hat...

CrazyHorse
02-12-2006, 03:25 PM
I've always heard that. I never felt I ever really NEEDED it. I don't see how it could be chemically addicitive, just psychologically, I suppose...

Anything that your body is used to running on is an addiction. For example sugar. When you have maintained a certain sugar level and try to change that level your body is used to, your body will crave it until it reaches the sugar level it has become used to. Only after stopping for a couple weeks will your body aclimate to the new levels.

Until then, you will be irritable. The mood swings can be very severe. Nicotine is only an addiction because of the longevity that your body has run on it. You dont smoke one cigarette and are suddenly addicted. Your body has to aclimate to it. Once it does, and then you try to stop your body is starving for it. That applies whether it is nicotine, fat, sugar, whatever.

CRU, you are almost there.

Eleazar
02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
I've always heard that. I never felt I ever really NEEDED it. I don't see how it could be chemically addicitive, just psychologically, I suppose...

Yeah, that's what I think too. I had my day with it, days long past now, but I know a few people who are smoking 24/7, and nobody can tell me they aren't addicted in some respect. If everybody they know is 'dry' they pretty much freak out.

teedubya
02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
MJ is a good icing on the cake of life, but too many begin to make it the cake.

Working out really makes a huge difference... it makes you feel better than any substance can. I have been working out and man, I rarely even drink beer now.

Bwana
02-12-2006, 03:36 PM
You bought a Peta fishing hat...

Indeed, but I didn't know it at the time. The only reason I found out the wench was a PETA member was from her return address label. The issue with the crushed has has been taken care of, the money had been returned through Papal and negative feedback has been left. :evil:

BigMeatballDave
02-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Anything that your body is used to running on is an addiction. For example sugar. When you have maintained a certain sugar level and try to change that level your body is used to, your body will crave it until it reaches the sugar level it has become used to. Only after stopping for a couple weeks will your body aclimate to the new levels.

Never really thought of it that way. I've recently cut way back on my Dr. Pepper consumption. I had an easier time quitting smoking...

Bowser
02-12-2006, 03:43 PM

Until then, you will be irritable. The mood swings can be very severe. Nicotine is only an addiction because of the longevity that your body has run on it. You dont smoke one cigarette and are suddenly addicted. Your body has to aclimate to it. Once it does, and then you try to stop your body is starving for it. That applies whether it is nicotine, fat, sugar, whatever.

This is a good explanation as to why the Atkins diet is crap, as well.

Nzoner
02-12-2006, 03:49 PM
MJ is a good icing on the cake of life, but too many begin to make it the cake.

Reminded of the guys I used to know that had to smoke it because they had it,so stoned they didn't know they were stoned so had to smoke it till it was gone.

kcfanXIII
02-12-2006, 03:51 PM

this depends on who you ask. some psychologists think a mental addiction is harder to quit than the physical addiction. for example, if you want to quit cigs, or chew, all you have to do is get over the physical withdrawls that go along with it. no small task i know, i'm a smoker. on the other hand, a mental addiction is harder to convince yourself of the want to quit, and your mind will "make up" physical symptoms of withdrawl.
regardless of which is an easier habit to quit, both are mountains that are difficult to climb.

go bo
02-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Yeah, that's what I think too. I had my day with it, days long past now, but I know a few people who are smoking 24/7, and nobody can tell me they aren't addicted in some respect. If everybody they know is 'dry' they pretty much freak out.that's why it's good to know lots of people... :p :p :p

CrazyHorse
02-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Never really thought of it that way. I've recently cut way back on my Dr. Pepper consumption. I had an easier time quitting smoking...

That's because you have cut back on it and not quit.

To cut back is the same as trying to quit smoking and every so often, you smoke a few cigs. You either quit, or you just prolong the torture. Eventually, you will get tired of the torture, and give up.

kcfanXIII
02-12-2006, 04:03 PM
same here, only i'm out.

AND I'M FREAKIN OUT MAN!!!!

j/k actually. i'm out, but not freakin out

Bwana
02-12-2006, 04:05 PM
this depends on who you ask. some psychologists think a mental addiction is harder to quit than the physical addiction. for example, if you want to quit cigs, or chew, all you have to do is get over the physical withdrawls that go along with it. no small task i know, i'm a smoker. on the other hand, a mental addiction is harder to convince yourself of the want to quit, and your mind will "make up" physical symptoms of withdrawl.
regardless of which is an easier habit to quit, both are mountains that are difficult to climb.
Don't get me wrong, you make a valid point but there is a mental aspect that goes along with chewing as well. I know the first time I go out fly fishing this spring without chewing is going to be a bitch. The same goes for hunting and several other activities that one relates to putting in a dip. A person starts mentally incorporating various tasks in life with putting in a dip, lighting up, or downing a can of Mountain Dew.

The bottom line is, a person has to be ready to quit no matter what habit they are trying to break. If that's not the case, the probability of success is going to be limited at best.

QuikSsurfer
02-12-2006, 04:09 PM
psssst...

if you're quitting, can i have your pipe? :bong:

:LOL:

kcfanXIII
02-12-2006, 04:10 PM
i think fly fishing in itself is an addiction. the local trout season doesn't start till march 1 and i'm ready to go now. i'd say for sure not being able to go fishing is bothering me more right now than the fact i'm out of pot.

Demonpenz
02-12-2006, 04:10 PM
there was a party at my house yesterday and people took pain pills before drinking. sooo 8th grade

Bowser
02-12-2006, 04:11 PM
You could always take up golf, as well. Of course, you'd only be replacing one addiction for another.

kcfanXIII
02-12-2006, 04:11 PM
mj is my only illegal vice. i don't take pills. hardly even take advil or asprin or any of that stuff.

Bwana
02-12-2006, 04:13 PM
i think fly fishing in itself is an addiction.
Heh! Well if that's the case, it's one I'm going to keep. :)

Demonpenz
02-12-2006, 04:17 PM
i am ready to do some fishing too.

CrazyHorse
Don't get me wrong, you make a valid point but there is a mental aspect that goes along with chewing as well. I know the first time I go out fly fishing this spring without chewing is going to be a bitch. The same goes for hunting and several other activities that one relates to putting in a dip. A person starts mentally incorporating various tasks in life with putting in a dip, lighting up, or downing a can of Mountain Dew.

The bottom line is, a person has to be ready to quit no matter what habit they are trying to break. If that's not the case, the probability of success is going to be limited at best.

Smoking weed is also a social habit. A person that smokes habitually is likey to have a social circle that does the same. When you quit smoking weed, you also have to realize that the people you hang with have to change. Just like drinking.

There is nobody that is going to quit hanging with you because you quit dipping. Another example is smoking cigs. If you are a smoker and you are going to stay the week with someone who doesn't let you smoke, it becomes an inconvenience. When I smoked, I would rather hang with other smokers, than those who didn't. I remember taking my own car places, for no other reason than I couldn't smoke in the other persons car.

When I smoked weed, it gave me a reason to get together with my other friends. Someone might come over to burn one and hang out. Once I quit so did the social interaction with those people. At least to some degree. I just couldn't hang out with others if they were smoking. It was too tough. To quit a social habit it tough. It's not just a decision to not smoke. It's a statement to those you have been smoking with.

QuikSsurfer
This thread makes me wanna go pack a bowl.

cha ching http://forum.grasscity.com/image.php?u=26382&dateline=1139634562

kcfanXIII
02-12-2006, 04:19 PM

looks tasty

Braincase
02-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Go get yourself some kava kava, it'll help take the edge off. I wish you the best of luck.

Chief Roundup
02-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Thanks for eveyones words and all the help. I am glad that my real friends are quiting as well. But right now I kind of have to keep some space from my friends because with my emotional level and others levels who are also quiting I am afraid that it would just make for more anger and emotions that are just not good for anyone. I am sure that they understand that even though I haven't said that directly to them.

That is another thing about where I am It is like all of the sudden I have forgotten how to communicate with anyone including myself. It is like I have a huge block from one side of my brain to the other.

Pants
02-12-2006, 05:22 PM
I quit smoking weed completely about 2 months ago and never felt any symptoms. I used to smoke a lot (by my standards at least) and just decided to stop. I don't feel any better or any worse, just saving a lot of money. Like Ali said, it's a good icing, but don't make it the cake.

htismaqe
02-12-2006, 05:33 PM
I smoked pot (and did alot of other things) for most of my teen and adult life.

I quit by changing the group of people I hung around with.

I would strongly recommend against taking things (like Kava as Braincase recommended) because MJ is habit forming (as opposed to addictive) and you could actually develop a dependence on your "replacement" therapy.

The biggest thing for me was realizing I could have fun and and still make other people laugh without being stoned all the time. The other thing was learning how to write songs without it.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
02-12-2006, 05:44 PM
The only reason it is hard to quit mj is because it makes everything seem more entertaining. Movies, Sports, and the old ladies stories about her day at work.

A half ounce a week is a pretty big habbit. I maybe smoked an 1/8 an .oz a week at the most when I was into that stuff.

Anyway life goes on and I predict in a couple more weeks you'll be totally weened off the stuff.
The only bad thing is when you get back to reality full time, you'll propably find your long term memory is in shambles. I remeber bits and pieces of a lot of things, but hardly the whole story on other stuff. Sucks!!

Anyways congrats for trying to kick the habit. I am sure you can do it.

ps. the first thing you will notice is when you are around someone who just got high, they reak like MJ strong, bad smell. All those times you thought nobody knew you had just snuck away for a joint and were able to hide it, guess again.

plbrdude
02-12-2006, 05:55 PM

absolutely true. though i never really chewed, almost my whole day involved cigs one way or another. cup of coffee in the morn, cig. call a customer or supplier, cig. drive to a job, cig. need somethin out of the truck, cig. finish eatin, cig. almost 6 yr gone scince quitting, and yet there are still times when i think about it. not only was the physical withdrawl tough, gettin past the mental aspect of thinkin about smoking when i'd do some of the things that incorperated smoking before was tough.
a made up mind is most important to quitting. so is a positive network of friends a activities. again, good luck

KChiefsQT
02-12-2006, 06:14 PM
:spock:

Pants
02-12-2006, 06:24 PM
How long does it take for cigarettes to become addicting? I started smoking recently, but it's purely on "want" basis, there's no need yet. I've yet to smoke a cig by myself.

58-4ever
02-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Good luck man! I've been considering quitting myself. I'm trying to get into law school right now, and I'm sure my LSAT score will be a lot higher sans weed. I'm going to try and replace it with strenuous workouts that get those endorphins shooting through the brain.

Dinny Bossa Nova
02-12-2006, 06:48 PM

PMS is a BITCH!!!!

(NPI)

Post Marijuana Syndrome.

Depending on your wife's cycle, one of you should spend a few days out in the tee-pee.

Oh yeah, you will probably wind up needing glasses. I quit, and after about 4 months, my arms got WAY too short.

Try to figure out how to cop a buzz on something entirely new. Like making the perfect pie crust, or a larapin' pot (NPI) of red beans and rice. You're gonna need sumpm ta make ya hungry.

Dinny

QuikSsurfer
02-12-2006, 07:13 PM
How long does it take for cigarettes to become addicting? I started smoking recently, but it's purely on "want" basis, there's no need yet. I've yet to smoke a cig by myself.

i'd say after the 2rd or 3th month i was trapped.

patteeu
02-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Hang in there and try to find things to do around people who aren't getting high. Exercise is good, but I think the real key is to just make it for a month or so without smoking. At some point, you will quit thinking about it all the time and it won't really be that hard anymore. But beware that you might have trouble if you end up being around people who are smoking again. It's better if you can completely avoid it. Good luck.

Donger
02-12-2006, 07:39 PM
What's MJ?

CrazyHorse
02-12-2006, 07:40 PM

It will never again be as easy to quit smoking as it is today. That I guarantee you.

Donger
02-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I started smoking recently

Stop. Now.

How old are you?

Halfcan
02-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Never stop smoking MJ, it is your friend.

Bwana
02-12-2006, 09:07 PM

Yeah, that's just what you need Ace, one more fat Bowl. So how's your pussycat?

Phobia
02-12-2006, 09:15 PM
You aren't smart enough to escape cigs. You'll be a slave to R.J. Reynolds for the next 50 years if you're one of the lucky ones.

SLAG
02-12-2006, 09:22 PM
You aren't smart enough to escape cigs. You'll be a slave to R.J. Reynolds for the next 50 years if you're one of the lucky ones.

Phillip Morris Owns my Nutz

Nzoner
02-12-2006, 09:39 PM
http://www.oldhippie.com/images/refermadness.jpg

Pants
02-13-2006, 02:42 AM
Stop. Now.

How old are you?
I'm 20.

And yeah, I think I'll stop after this pack. I'm smoking bitch cigs anyway, shouldn't be that big of a deal. It's just a social thing right now, where my rommates and I take a break from whatever and go smoke outside.

deadbabyseal
02-13-2006, 06:47 AM
Narcotics Anonymous, (417) 866-7392

http://www.na.org/

Get your butt to a meeting.

redfan
02-13-2006, 07:57 AM
What Ali C said.

Don't get caught up in the little stuff. Think big picture; long term.

jidar
02-13-2006, 08:18 AM
It's just a social thing right now, where my rommates and I take a break from whatever and go smoke outside.

hahaha

You're about to find out just how stupid of an idea that was to start.

MOhillbilly
02-13-2006, 08:22 AM
i quit cold turkey after 10 years of daily. even though i started when i was 12.

sack up & be a man. weed is for lossers.

haha lossers.

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 08:27 AM
I started smoking the devil weed in 1968. About 1/2 0z per month I'd guess. About 10 years ago, I quit completely for about 3 years due to a job I had that required testing. I had no ill effects at all and really didn't miss it much. But yes, life is more enjoyable with it. I'm guessing it isn't entirely lack of ganja causing your behavior.

MOhillbilly
02-13-2006, 08:36 AM
FTR Skoal was alot harder to quit than the whacky tabbacky.

CrazyHorse
02-13-2006, 08:56 AM
I started smoking the devil weed in 1968. About 1/2 0z per month I'd guess. About 10 years ago, I quit completely for about 3 years due to a job I had that required testing. I had no ill effects at all and really didn't miss it much. But yes, life is more enjoyable with it. I'm guessing it isn't entirely lack of ganja causing your behavior.

When you act like a prick 24 hours a day with or without it, it may be tougher to guage your behavior.

You are a bad test sample.

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 09:12 AM
When you act like a prick 24 hours a day with or without it, it may be tougher to guage your behavior.

Why thank you. GFY

jidar
02-13-2006, 09:37 AM

That's pretty much my assessment. I've never had a weed habit, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'm from one of those "stoner" familys. You know the type, my parents were children of the 70s and never quite gave that lifestyle up. Anyway... When I was about 14 my dad quit weed cold turkey because he got a good paying job with Union Pacific railroad that did random UAs. He just up and quit with no ill effects, he said it wasn't even that hard.

He tried to quit smoking many times though and never pulled it off. Died of a heart attack at 48. His death certificate says "smoking related heart disease"

jidar
02-13-2006, 09:55 AM
ps. the first thing you will notice is when you are around someone who just got high, they reak like MJ strong, bad smell. All those times you thought nobody knew you had just snuck away for a joint and were able to hide it, guess again.

Hah! Yeah that's the absolute truth. People can smell you man, it's strong. Same with cigarettes.

CrazyHorse
02-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Why thank you. GFY

See what I mean? I cant tell whether you just quit smoking weed or not.

Gonzo
02-13-2006, 10:37 AM
I smoked it for a while, about 7-8 yrs. I quit cold turkey one day and haven't looked back. I don't miss it at all. The aroma is putrid. The smell of burnt hair and dog crap...that sweet smell of incense. No, I don't miss it at all.....not at all, the feeling of euphoria and relaxation. The munchies, I love doritos. You know the smell was not that bad, I did'nt really mind it at all. Why am I shaking all of a sudden? Is it hot in here? Jesus, just one hit is all I need....Just one and I won't ever do it again. I can quit again any time! Screw this! I love the sticky!!!

TheBurryMan
02-13-2006, 11:14 AM
It's all good.

sedated
02-13-2006, 11:39 AM
If I had to quit, boredom would be my only symptom.

It's just nice to toke a fat bowl and watch some TV on Saturday afternoon.

MOhillbilly
02-13-2006, 11:40 AM
If I had to quit, boredom would be my only symptom.

thats what work is for hippy.

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 11:54 AM
How much does half an ounce cost? Just think about all the money that you burned on it over the past 17 years, and then think about the car you'll be able to buy in the future once you quit.

htismaqe
02-13-2006, 11:57 AM
How much does half an ounce cost? Just think about all the money that you burned on it over the past 17 years, and then think about the car you'll be able to buy in the future once you quit.

It really depends...back in the day, an eighth went for $20. If your supplier didn't give bulk discounts, that's $80 a half.

MOhillbilly
02-13-2006, 11:57 AM

anywhere from 25-200+

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Okay, let's go with $80 a month. We'll assume that the price of marijuana has increased at a typical price rate of 3.5 percent per year, and that instead of spending the money on that, he had started an Individual Retirement Account. With tax-free returns, and compounding at 7 percent per year under the assumption that he was going with a solid conservative stock fund, his marijuana money would be $40,162.96 today if he had invested it.

Hopefully that will help him shake the habit.

htismaqe
02-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Okay, let's go with $80 a month. We'll assume that the price of marijuana has increased at a typical price rate of 3.5 percent per year, and that instead of spending the money on that, he had started an Individual Retirement Account. With tax-free returns, and compounding at 7 percent per year under the assumption that he was going with a solid conservative stock fund, his marijuana money would be $40,162.96 today if he had invested it.

Figure it for me. I used to go through about a quarter pound every 2 weeks. :D

sedated
02-13-2006, 01:52 PM
a quarter cost $100 if you're smokin the good sh!t.

but that lasts about a month.

hmmm...should I get some weed...or pay my cable bill?

(one is just no good without the other)

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 01:52 PM

OK. You take the money, I'll take the pot. $40 grand ain't much when spread over a lifetime. Who knows how much I've saved in stress related doctor bills, medication and such.

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 02:06 PM

How many years? You may have smoked away a mortgage.

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 02:07 PM
OK. You take the money, I'll take the pot. $40 grand ain't much when spread over a lifetime. Who knows how much I've saved in stress related doctor bills, medication and such.

If you want $40k worth, you'll have to see Nate Newton.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-13-2006, 02:12 PM
And you have to figure in all the time you spent looking for your lost cats.

MOhillbilly
02-13-2006, 02:13 PM
paying for weed is dumb. You gotta get enough to support your habit and enough to flip it and make money.

Pants
02-13-2006, 02:14 PM
paying for weed is dumb. You gotta get enough to support your habit and enough to flip it and make money.

lol

Inspector
02-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Too bad dandelions don't get you high.

I could make a fortune.

Or - what if we found out that it was really the rolling papers that got you high.

I guess that would screw up a lot of paychecks for those who earn their living from MJ being illegal.

We'll just leave it as is, I guess.....

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 02:40 PM
And you have to figure in all the time you spent looking for your lost cats.
You don't have to look for them if it's raining. I learned that on Chiefs Planet.

htismaqe
02-13-2006, 03:36 PM
How many years? You may have smoked away a mortgage.

I don't know. I was usually getting a half-pound at a time, selling a qp at $25 an eighth and smoking the rest...

MOhillbilly
02-13-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't know. I was usually getting a half-pound at a time, selling a qp at $25 an eighth and smoking the rest...

25? was this in 1993?

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Or - what if we found out that it was really the rolling papers that got you high.

That's a profound point. I wonder if anyone has ever tested that.

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 04:17 PM

I can figure it out, but I need to know your tax bracket so I can figure out the taxes that you paid on it.

kcfanXIII
02-13-2006, 04:30 PM

america is full of vice's. if he didn't spend the money on pot, it'd probably be on booze. if i were to quit, i'd probably spend my money on ammunition. or therapy and a prozac prescription.
the only reason i would ever quit though would be for a better job. but since i'm in school for that better job right now, i see no reason too.

sedated
02-13-2006, 04:31 PM
I can figure it out, but I need to know your tax bracket so I can figure out the taxes that you paid on it.

ROFL

I'd love to see the look on the face of the IRS examiner when some dumbass actually pays taxes on weed selling profit.

they might not even do anything, just take the money and say "thanks, dumbf*ck"

sedated
02-13-2006, 04:34 PM
america is full of vice's. if he didn't spend the money on pot, it'd probably be on booze. if i were to quit, i'd probably spend my money on ammunition. or therapy and a prozac prescription.
the only reason i would ever quit though would be for a better job. but since i'm in school for that better job right now, i see no reason too.

why is everyone hung up on this job/drug testing thing?

I have gotten 2 jobs that tested without missing a toke.

just sneak in clean piss.

the people that work there don't give a sh!t. you could probably walk in holding a bottle in plain sight.

Fish
02-13-2006, 04:44 PM

Depending on the quality of what you were selling/smoking you were either screwing people blue on shwag or giving them a helluva deal on kind. And getting a HP at a time, I'm guessing it's shwag..... so who the hell pays $25 for an eighth of shwag?

sedated
02-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Depending on the quality of what you were selling/smoking you were either screwing people blue on shwag or giving them a helluva deal on kind. And getting a HP at a time, I'm guessing it's shwag..... so who the hell pays $25 for an eighth of shwag?

must be that hydro

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 04:47 PM

Keep in mind that I was assuming a conservative stock fund. Your returns could be much greater.

MOhillbilly
02-13-2006, 04:50 PM
im telling

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Keep in mind that I was assuming a conservative stock fund. Your returns could be much greater.
I'll see if I can get Herzig to tell me how much money he "wastes" on golf each year. That should be fair since they are both for recreation.

greg63
02-13-2006, 04:53 PM

Why; I don't have any vices at all....Like posting on the internet when I'm not working, eating, sleeping or spending time with the Mrs. or the boys or going to church or spending time with my mom or....:banghead:

Fish
02-13-2006, 04:53 PM
must be that hydro

If it was grown hydroponically, it’s going to be really good shit that would bring $50/eighth.............

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Why; I don't have any vices at all....Like posting on the internet when I'm not working, eating, sleeping or spending time with the Mrs. or the boys or going to church or spending time with my mom or....:banghead:

If you can tell me how many years you've been doing that church stuff, and how much you put in the collection plate each week, I can estimate how much money you'd have if you had just stayed home and watched football.

kcfanXIII
02-13-2006, 05:00 PM
If you can tell me how many years you've been doing that church stuff, and how much you put in the collection plate each week, I can estimate how much money you'd have if you had just stayed home and watched football.
don't forget the cable bill. (or satellite, sorry skip)

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 05:05 PM
If it was grown hydroponically, it’s going to be really good shit that would bring $50/eighth.............
Take it from an old hydroponic grower, hydroponics have nothing to do with the quality of the product. I used the nutrient film technique which was developed at Rutgers University. The quality is directly related to the quality of the parent plants. And having the good sense to get rid of the male plants. I used clones only so I didn't waste anything growing males. I'll grant you that hyroponically grown dope is usually very good. But that is because growers that are sophisticated enough to use hydroponics are also very skilled at growing dope. Shitty seeds yield shitty dope no matter how you grow it.

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Did you ever have to shoot a nosy revenuer, skip?

kcfanXIII
02-13-2006, 05:09 PM
but dosen't growing hydroponically avoid leaching of thc by the soil? this is what i have been lead to believe for years.

58-4ever
02-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Take it from an old hydroponic grower, hydroponics have nothing to do with the quality of the product. I used the nutrient film technique which was developed at Rutgers University. The quality is directly related to the quality of the parent plants. And having the good sense to get rid of the male plants. I used clones only so I didn't waste anything growing males. I'll grant you that hyroponically grown dope is usually very good. But that is because growers that are sophisticated enough to use hydroponics are also very skilled at growing dope. Shitty seeds yield shitty dope no matter how you grow it.

Your wisdom (and age) is very useful in this discussion Skip. This is very true.

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 05:21 PM
but dosen't growing hydroponically avoid leaching of thc by the soil? this is what i have been lead to believe for years.
Never heard that one. What would keep the nutrient solution from doing the same leaching? No revenooers, Rainman. I had a greenhouse in the middle of 150 acres. No other houses within a half mile. And they couldn't search even if they highly suspected it. Fourth amendment you know. A buddy of mine said I was "hiding in plain sight".

kcfanXIII
02-13-2006, 05:27 PM
if they highly suspected, how would the fourth amend. protect you?

RockChalk
02-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure how you all can put quitting MJ up there with the likes of cigs and chew. I smoked MJ for 4 years everyday and one day decided to quit. I never had a single day where I "craved" it or felt like I needed it to survive. Cigs and Chew create a chemical dependency in your body, while MJ is not nearly as serious.

Maybe MJ was the only way for you to escape your life or something you didn't like about your life and now you are struggling with it.

I don't mean to seem disrespectful of your issue with quitting MJ, but I don't think it is remotely close to quitting cigs or chew. It doesn't seem to be as serious as you make out to be, because you would turn to true friends if it was, not some randoms on a message board.

However, if it really is bothering you that much, go see a group, although I find it funny that there are support groups for a non-addictive drug

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 05:33 PM
I had a really good setup. A 30'X30' greenhouse with a concrete floor. It had a 4' square hole in the middle of the floor for the nutrient solution tank. I had 20 10' joints of 6" PVC pipe with 2" holes cut every 18". I had a submersible pump that cycled on/off every three minutes. It was fascinating watching the plants choose (on their own) how much nutrient/water to take up. On very hot days, they would take up mostly water and the strength of the solution would go way up. I then added more water 3-4 times per day. On more mild days, they would take more nutrient than water and the strength of the solution went down. Growing is just as much fun as using under those circumstances.

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 05:41 PM
if they highly suspected, how would the fourth amend. protect you?
Suspicion isn't enough under our laws. They needed probable cause. Like a witness or catching me selling it. The greenhouse was plastic sheeting stretched over a pole frame and was translucent. Light could get in but you couldn't see through it. Even aerial photos wouldn't have helped them. I also grew some hydroponic tomatoes that I sold to the grocery stores and all the cops in that small town knew it. The county jail bought the prisoners food at one of the stores.

kcfanXIII
02-13-2006, 05:46 PM
sweet, right under their noses. thats the poop.

Sfeihc
02-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Damn Skip, you've got quite the green thumb.

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Damn Skip, you've got quite the green thumb.
Yep and the good part is I learned how to do it from a paperback book I bought in a head shop. The authors really knew their shit. BTW, I used metal halide grow lights to get the cuttings to sprout roots through the rockwool blocks. Then, into the PVC tube. Rinse and repeat. Damn these stupid laws. I could get rich. One good story was my ex's brother had a friend who hounded her till she sold him a small bag. He laughed and told her brother that he outfoxed her and now had our seeds. The joke was on him. We grew sensemilla plants and there were no males. Hence, no seeds.

Chief Roundup
02-13-2006, 10:30 PM

Yeah it is real nice of skip to talk about growing and all that on a thread about quiting.

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 12:40 AM
thats what work is for hippy.

what about drug dealers?

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 12:43 AM

half O's aren't sold very frequently in my business. an O of some good beasters would be between $240 to $350, depending on your location.

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 12:44 AM
It really depends...back in the day, an eighth went for $20. If your supplier didn't give bulk discounts, that's $80 a half.

that's schwag costs these days.

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 12:45 AM

that's me

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 12:54 AM
You don't have to look for them if it's raining. I learned that on Chiefs Planet.

you really think that you have learned something? Skip, i've said it before and i'll say it again, your jokes are humurous but... i really think you're a stupid, sad prick :) It's funny that i could more than likely kick your ass in cyber world as well as real life

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 12:58 AM
why is everyone hung up on this job/drug testing thing?

I have gotten 2 jobs that tested without missing a toke.

just sneak in clean piss.

the people that work there don't give a sh!t. you could probably walk in holding a bottle in plain sight.

urine in a visine bottle :)

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 01:04 AM

lol

Taco John
02-14-2006, 01:08 AM
I'll see if I can get Herzig to tell me how much money he "wastes" on golf each year. That should be fair since they are both for recreation.

What about people who smoke and golf at the same time?

Halfcan
02-14-2006, 01:18 AM
i could more than likely kick your ass in cyber world as well as real life

Go smoke a bowl and play with your pussy-Mr. Macho.

greg63
02-14-2006, 01:26 AM
Go smoke a bowl and play with your pussy-Mr. Macho.

ROFLROFL

Some folks never learn.

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 01:43 AM
What about people who smoke and golf at the same time?

disc golf??

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey Quick, did you ever find your cat ?

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Hey Quick, did you ever find your cat ?

thanks, yes i found Salem 6 or 7 days after his missing :) here's a pic:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/IM000132.jpg

photobucket keeps anglein my imgs to the left.. i dunno

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Congrats, Now keep the damn door shut when you're stoned! :clap:ROFL

Taco John
02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
disc golf??

Oh hell yeah. :)

Midnight disc golf...

Fish
02-14-2006, 04:51 PM

You are correct Mr. Skip..... my point was if someone put the time and money into a hydro setup, then they are going to be growing good stuff. I had a very nice hydro setup back in the day myself. I even cross-bred some plants to create one helluva good strain. Got the original seeds from Amsterdam. Still have some of those seeds actually....

As far as hydro vs. soil.... The soil does not take any THC away from the plant. You can get the exact same quality stuff from soil or from hydro. Hydro systems allow the plant to mature faster, and are generally easier to maintain once they are producing. The THC depends on the strain of plant you use, how well you maintain the nutrient levels, and how well you "cure" it after it's cut from the plant. You have to leave the plant hanging in total darkness for at least 2 days to bring out the full THC levels. When it's in darkness during that time the plant quits making chlorophyll and pumps all the THC out to the beautiful little crystals on the buds..... That's magic right there folks.......

http://www.dlvd.net/images/more_you_know.jpg

MOhillbilly
02-14-2006, 04:53 PM
i bet you could get way higher if you just ground the bones and flesh of all the old hippies into a drink.

RedNFeisty
02-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Why quit?

sedated
02-14-2006, 05:04 PM
urine in a visine bottle :)

actually, SKY vodka flask wrapped in duct tape to keep in heat.

keep it in a heating pad that morning.

then use your belt to keep it in place until you get into the testing bathroom.

just be sure to pour some in the toilet to not arrouse possible suspicion, but it's not like they give a sh!t.

toughest part is finding the clean piss...damn pot-head friends

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Congrats, Now keep the damn door shut when you're stoned! :clap:ROFL

lol good call, but last time he got out because of my roommate! he's no longer with us.

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 05:19 PM
actually, SKY vodka flask wrapped in duct tape to keep in heat.

keep it in a heating pad that morning.

then use your belt to keep it in place until you get into the testing bathroom.

just be sure to pour some in the toilet to not arrouse possible suspicion, but it's not like they give a sh!t.

toughest part is finding the clean piss...damn pot-head friends

lil too much work

chiefs4me
02-14-2006, 05:35 PM
a quarter cost $100 if you're smokin the good sh!t.

but that lasts about a month.

hmmm...should I get some weed...or pay my cable bill?

(one is just no good without the other)

don't choose..get a better paying job..

chiefs4me
02-14-2006, 05:39 PM

if it's real..75.00 down here.....:D

teedubya
02-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey Quik, your cat has pretty blue eyes...

plbrdude
02-14-2006, 06:17 PM
if it's real..75.00 down here.....:D

wow, this will date me big time. i remember 3 finger "dimes" of columbian back in the day. haven't touched the hooch in over 6 yr. Thank God

Iowanian
02-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Good luck. Good for you.

I am a little confused though....I've read a thousand times on this very BB that "MJ is not addictive, whatsoever".

htismaqe
02-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Good luck. Good for you.

I am a little confused though....I've read a thousand times on this very BB that "MJ is not addictive, whatsoever".

Marijuana is most certainly not addictive. It's habit forming.

Addiction is purely physiological. Your body becomes dependent on nicotine, heroin, or cocaine. If you go without it, your body reacts the same way as if you were to deprive it of food or water.

You can quit marijuana at any time and physically have no side effects whatsoever. However, you can become dependent on it emotionally.

A good example is people who try to quit smoking. Nicotine gum can easily supplant a cigarette and help someone overcome their addiction. However, gum has a reasonably high failure rate because of one big reason - alot of smokers become attached emotionally to the feeling of having a cigarette in their mouths and you'll find them chewing on pens and other such items while trying to quit.

It's the difference between "want" and "need".

htismaqe
02-14-2006, 08:03 PM
that's schwag costs these days.

When I first started smoking, I bought lids. :D

Dartgod
02-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Good luck. Good for you.

I am a little confused though....I've read a thousand times on this very BB that "MJ is not physically addictive, whatsoever".
Fixed your post.

KCChiefsMan
02-14-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm on day 3 of quitting smoking (cigarettes), this is the 4th time I have quit, this one should last

QuikSsurfer
02-14-2006, 09:15 PM
When I first started smoking, I bought lids. :D

lol 197?

htismaqe
02-14-2006, 09:17 PM
lol 197?

It was the 80's...

Chief Roundup
02-14-2006, 09:22 PM
still clean and have made the corner. Yeah!!!!!!!
I smoked weed like most people smoke cigs.
So not addictive whatever. It is if you smoke it 24/7 and never ever run out.

htismaqe
02-14-2006, 09:24 PM

You may have wanted it quite badly. I smoked about 5 joints a day for almost 10 years. And I quit cold turkey when I had kids.

It's not addictive, that's a scientific fact.

Chief Roundup
02-14-2006, 09:30 PM
You may have wanted it quite badly. I smoked about 5 joints a day for almost 10 years. And I quit cold turkey when I had kids.

It's not addictive, that's a scientific fact.
I didn't smoke joints that is to wasteful. I did one hits out of a dugout or bong hits or the ole changing color glass pipe that way I could get all or at least most of the smoke.

htismaqe
02-14-2006, 09:37 PM
I didn't smoke joints that is to wasteful. I did one hits out of a dugout or bong hits or the ole changing color glass pipe that way I could get all or at least most of the smoke.

Wasteful is relative...it all depends on your supply.

Hell, if you're making $200M a year, who cares if you wipe with $20 bills?

Phobia
02-14-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm on day 3 of quitting smoking (cigarettes), this is the 4th time I have quit, this one should last

Good job, Paul. Hang in there man. After a week, you'll be disgusted by the things. I tried to dip twice after I quit for good. First time I hurled, second time I nearly did. I'm a slow learner but there will be no 3rd time.

Phobia
02-14-2006, 09:46 PM

Congrats, man! I'm happy for you.

KcMizzou
02-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Good job, Paul. Hang in there man. After a week, you'll be disgusted by the things. But after years, you'll still crave one when someone lights up. Somehing about that first whiff...

St. Nickolas
02-14-2006, 10:07 PM
When you drastically cutdown or quit smoking, many people go through an "angry period", usually only for a week or so, then it gradually fades away. You may get pissed off very easily, sometimes reacting irrationally, almost like you are out of control, but you don't realize it. Hopefully cold-turkeyers will understand this and make a conscious effort to control their emotions and not "react up", as I believe these symptons do fade away fairly soon. And then you can start to remember you dreams, wonderful dreams!

In the medium term it is important to understand that the hobbies and past-times you enjoyed when stoned are often a crashing bore while straight, (i.e. video games, walks in the park, etc). So you will need to find new interests which will challenge and entertain you, (bingo?)

If I was going to quit, it would mean a complete change of lifestyle. In fact, I would be a new person. Some of your friends may not like this new guy as much as the old guy. Perhaps you might need to make some new friends, which share interest in the things you enjoy to do while straight...once you figure out what that is...

Bon chance mon ami!

QuikSsurfer
02-15-2006, 01:47 AM

that's the way to do it. i usually smoke by myself anyways so a one hitter or :bong: works great for me :)

here's my "work-station" my fav pipe, 14' bong, kif box, space case, nightmare before christmas zippo (i collect nightmare before xmas memorbilia), 30g ipod video (i'm an apple nerd). two pipes and a pill press didn't make the photo ah well... some good indoor bc buds
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/buddies1/IM000152.jpg

QuikSsurfer
02-15-2006, 03:43 AM
oh snap! sorry. not really following the thread theme.. but who does? PBJ

Buck
10-31-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm really addicted to marijuana right now. All I can think about is my next bowl and when it's coming. I work really hard and am successful at work but this is started to become a financial burden.

I just broke up with my girl who was also a smoker and in the last 3-4 months with her I've become and extremely heavy user. Hopefully I start to cut back now, but I doubt it will be easy.

It doesn't help that I can just order marijuana from my computer and someone will just bring it to me, and that the prices are half that of those on the street (I get 1/4 oz for $60 or $70 depending on the strain).

I just looked at my purchase history and I cannot believe what I'm doing to myself. This is $780 since September 20th.

http://i.imgur.com/HWSDKut.png

The thing is...even as I'm typing this, I just want more weed. I don't want to stop. I just want to have money. And I know this is the wrong frame of mind.

I need help.

Brock
10-31-2013, 08:04 PM
MA meeting.

gosampel
10-31-2013, 08:04 PM

inside voice

Bearcat
10-31-2013, 08:05 PM
omg you broke up with your girlfriend

gosampel
10-31-2013, 08:06 PM
I have the card, Midwest will prob never see it

notorious
10-31-2013, 08:07 PM
Never done it, but my friends are very strong voiced about it not being addictive.

They are full of shit.

a pp roach
10-31-2013, 08:07 PM
gotta love it

http://bigpics.nuggetry.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Jan-6-Northern-Lights003.jpg

Buck
10-31-2013, 08:08 PM
omg you broke up with your girlfriend

Sure make a joke, but she was a pretty big enabler and it's the main reason I broke up with her. And her severe alcoholism.

Brock
10-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Never done it, but my friends are very strong voiced about it not being addictive.

They are full of shit.

It isn't physically addictive. You can become dependent on it though.

DaFace
10-31-2013, 08:10 PM
Damn dude, that's a shit ton of weed. When's the last time you took a break? And have you ever considered taking a break for a month or so just to remind yourself of what life without it looks like?

Seriously, though, if you think you have a real problem, seek help. There's no shame in that.

-King-
10-31-2013, 08:10 PM

They are full of shit.

It's not addictive. A person can become addicted to it though. Just like a person can become addicted to Coca Cola or chocolate.

FlaChief58
10-31-2013, 08:12 PM
You smoked an oz in 10 days? Holy shit!
I typically get 1/4 of dro every 3 weeks or so and smoke a bowl after work just to relax

I quit 3 weeks ago because I'm about to switch jobs and need to be able to pass a piss test. Other than occasionally wanting a hit, I'm doing ok with not smoking. That said, I will re-upping once the job is secured.

sd4chiefs
10-31-2013, 08:13 PM
You should try cannabis butter. You can make your own brownies with it. It's cheap, about $20 to $40 a month. The only problem is you have to wait about an hour before it works and if you eat too much at once you can get sick.

DaFace
10-31-2013, 08:13 PM
It's not addictive. A person can become addicted to it though. Just like a person can become addicted to Coca Cola or chocolate.

Physically vs. mentally. You don't have withdrawals from it or anything, but you can sure get used to the feeling and miss it when you go a while without.

FlaChief58
10-31-2013, 08:14 PM
gotta love it

http://bigpics.nuggetry.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Jan-6-Northern-Lights003.jpg

:drool:

-King-
That's a lot of weed though Buck.

I stopped smoking after 4/20 after being pretty much a daily smoker and I had no problems smoking (although I'm thinking about smoking sometime in the next 2 weeks for old times sake).

But man, 700+ in a month is nuts. You were complaining about not having money for food in the fitness thread but you're spending that much on weed. That's pretty much rent money spent all on weed.

Just manage to stay off for about 3 or so days. After that you won't feel the need to smoke.

Buck
Damn dude, that's a shit ton of weed. When's the last time you took a break? And have you ever considered taking a break for a month or so just to remind yourself of what life without it looks like?

Seriously, though, if you think you have a real problem, seek help. There's no shame in that.

I've been a pot smoker my whole adult life. I've taken a couple or maybe three six-month to year long breaks in my life but only because it got to the point that weed was making me paranoid, especially that I would have a heart attack or something (mind you I was a very unhealthy person). That doesn't happen anymore.

If you see the picture, I obviously just bought some, so maybe I'll try to ween myself off it with this batch and then take a break and see how that goes. I didn't seriously think NA was an option for a marijuana smoker, but maybe I will have to.

Buck
10-31-2013, 08:15 PM
That's a lot of weed though Buck.

I stopped smoking after 4/20 after being pretty much a daily smoker and I had no problems smoking (although I'm thinking about smoking sometime in the next 2 weeks for old times sake).

But man, 700+ in a month is nuts. You were complaining about not having money for food in the fitness thread but you're spending that much on weed. That's pretty much rent money spent all on weed.

Just manage to stay off for about 3 or so days. After that you won't feel the need to smoke.

Yes. I am ashamed of myself.

FlaChief58
10-31-2013, 08:17 PM
They are full of shit.

No they're not. I will sometimes stop for months at a time just to give myself a break. If it were addictive, I doubt I could just take it or leave it....

Brock
10-31-2013, 08:18 PM

Meh. You gained control over food, you can control this too.

DaFace
10-31-2013, 08:18 PM
I've been a pot smoker my whole adult life. I've taken a couple or maybe three six-month to year long breaks in my life but only because it got to the point that weed was making me paranoid, especially that I would have a heart attack or something (mind you I was a very unhealthy person). That doesn't happen anymore.

If you see the picture, I obviously just bought some, so maybe I'll try to ween myself off it with this batch and then take a break and see how that goes. I didn't seriously think NA was an option for a marijuana smoker, but maybe I will have to.

MA, not NA. Big difference.

https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/meetings/in-person/28-united-states/73-california-san-diego

DaFace
10-31-2013, 08:21 PM
MA could be a little extreme depending on your situation. Even a couple therapy sessions to talk it out might be able to help.

[/not an expert, but a big believer that mental health is really important]

DaFace
10-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Here's another option (just found by Googling). Seems to be more self-help oriented.

http://www.smartrecovery.org/addiction/marijuana.htm

Eleazar
10-31-2013, 08:22 PM
How are you ordering it online, anyway? Isn't there a significant chance of getting busted?

DaFace
10-31-2013, 08:23 PM
How are you ordering it online, anyway? Isn't there a significant chance of getting busted?

California.

Cephalic Trauma
10-31-2013, 08:23 PM
MA could be a little extreme depending on your situation. Even a couple therapy sessions to talk it out might be able to help.

[/not an expert, but a big believer that mental health is really important]

This. People who do this for a living know their shit.

FlaChief58
10-31-2013, 08:24 PM

He's in California

FlaChief58
10-31-2013, 08:29 PM
If you really want to quit, start by getting rid of anything pot related (out of sight, out of mind) and stay away from anyone who smokes, at least in the beginning. Then counseling as DeFace suggested to change your mental state

notorious
10-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Have your mom lock you in the closet with a pound of weed and you can't leave until you have smoked it all.

I heard that works with cigarettes, so why not give it a try?

Shogun
10-31-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm quite shocked that Simplicity didn't post in this thread once.

I can't give any good advice to you quitting, Buck. I love weed too much for that. Just keep your spending and usage under control. I go through maybe 1/2 oz every 2-3 weeks

SAUTO

They are full of shit. no they aren't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shogun
Have your mom lock you in the closet with a pound of weed and you can't leave until you have smoked it all.

I'll volunteer

NewChief
10-31-2013, 08:34 PM
I wish I could help. When I got into my heaviest MJ usage, it self-regulated. I would start smoking heavy , then start getting paranoid, and need to quit for a while. After a few months (sometimes years), I might come back and enjoy again for a while before I'd hit my ceiling again. MJ has always self regulated for me. Alcohol on the other hand is an insidious son of a bitch that I can drink every day and it still encourages me to drink more.

notorious
I'll volunteer

LMAO

How much does a pound cost, anyway?

DaFace

http://i.imgur.com/BsmQBpl.jpg

KC native
10-31-2013, 08:35 PM
Get some self discipline buck.

-King-
10-31-2013, 08:36 PM
LMAO

2500-4000

FlaChief58
LMAO

Depends on the quality. anywhere from $800-$1500 for mids

DaFace
LMAO

Ignoring that you could probably get a massive volume discount...

1/4 oz = $60 (from his first post)
1 oz = $240
1 lb = $3840

CrazyPhuD
10-31-2013, 08:37 PM

Seriously don't be(or don't be excessively ashamed that can drive you to use more). Recognize that shit happens in this world. Yes you are responsible for getting yourself into your situation, but you also have the power to get yourself out of it. The worst thing you can do sometimes is to dwell on it(and get depressed for why it happened).

You've recognized that you have a problem which is a huge first step. Now it's time to go fix it. Just practice telling yourself no. Want to smoke, go out for a run and get your endorphins up instead. You live in SD take advantage of the weather. Work out instead of smoke out and kill two birds with one stone.

Yes professional help can help but it can also be a significant expense. You have to decide what you need. But the biggest issue is that it's now time for you to be in control, not what you're addicted to.

CrazyPhuD
10-31-2013, 08:39 PM

If you're going to do that it has to be locked in with a pound of weed and only a pile of cow chips to eat. If that doesn't break someone of the habit I'm not sure what could.

notorious
10-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Ignoring that you could probably get a massive volume discount...

1/4 oz = $60 (from his first post)
1 oz = $240
1 lb = $3840

JFC

LMAO

For some reason this thread reminds me of the movie "Club Paradise". Rick Moranis and Eugene Levy score a huge bag of J.

gosampel
10-31-2013, 08:41 PM
In SoCal top shelf is $300/$400 oz

Gravedigger
10-31-2013, 08:43 PM
But... but.... weed doesn't have any side effects of addiction like the other drugs do. /Colorado

NewChief
10-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Oh, I should also add: MJ was never addictive for me. I know lots of folks who are completely depenent on it though. I think that addiction is much more complicated than X substance is addictive. I feel addiction is so much more complex. A person can get addicted to cleaning their house if that's what their individual chemistry and psychological background facilitates. Then you get into actual psychoactive substances that may have inherent addictive qualities that bond with certain active receptors in the brain, and things get even more complex.

Buck
10-31-2013, 08:44 PM

I think I could probably get it for $200. If I was smart I would just buy in bulk, but I'm not very smart, especially with my money.

BossChief
10-31-2013, 08:45 PM
FFS man, order a couple clones and grow your own. You will find that to be a pretty interesting little hobby with a payoff at the end.

Take the money you would have spent on weed and buy gold or silver coins.

Profit

CrazyPhuD
10-31-2013, 08:46 PM
But... but.... weed doesn't have any side effects of addiction like the other drugs do. /Colorado

People get addicted to porn, to sex, hell even exercise, LOTS of shit can build psychological addiction. So in that context weed likely isn't anymore addictive than many other perfectly legal substances and probably less addictive than things like cigarettes.

Brock

:doh!:

gosampel
I think I could probably get it for $200. If I was smart I would just buy in bulk, but I'm not very smart, especially with my money.

that's about my range anything low is crap,lol

DaFace
10-31-2013, 08:47 PM

If you think that most people in Colorado believe that, you're pretty naive. Most reasonable people know that there are possible drawbacks to legalization. They just don't think that the costs of keeping it illegal outweigh the consequences, especially considering that alcohol is a mainstay in society and is far more damaging.

SLAG
10-31-2013, 08:48 PM

Hey Buck,

If you want I'd like to offer to buy you a copy of "The Total Money Makeover" - I think if you get your finances in order you can get your habit in order.

I'm all for self medicating as much as the next guy but if you can follow the book everything else will fall into place.

What do you think?

FlaChief58
10-31-2013, 08:49 PM

Same here and of course, the more you buy the cheaper it gets

Buck
10-31-2013, 08:51 PM
People get addicted to porn, to sex, hell even exercise, LOTS of shit can build psychological addiction. So in that context weed likely isn't anymore addictive than many other perfectly legal substances and probably less addictive than things like cigarettes.

I get addicted to everything. I know how unhealthy alcohol and tobacco are for me, so I quit them (well I still do both but I'm not addicted, drink once every other month or so, and thats usually when i use tobacco), but I am completely addicted to weed, sex, the gym, and football.

Other than work and food, those are pretty much the only things that matter to me. Sucks saying that outloud.

gosampel
10-31-2013, 08:52 PM
I had this Dutch Passion smelled but it was heaven and got 4 seed out it, lol and usually top shelf has no seeds

Buck
10-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Hey Buck,

If you want I'd like to offer to buy you a copy of "The Total Money Makeover" - I think if you get your finances in order you can get your habit in order.

I'm all for self medicating as much as the next guy but if you can follow the book everything else will fall into place.

What do you think?

I would really appreciate that.

BossChief
10-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Last time I bought some dro here in Iowa, it was 50 1/8 friend prices...60 retail. That was awhile ago, though.

It's a shame it's illegal or else I'd still be a casual smoker.

lewdog
10-31-2013, 08:54 PM

I hope you don't listen to that turds tips on investing.

gosampel
10-31-2013, 08:55 PM
This game is neck and neck

DaFace
10-31-2013, 08:56 PM

I'm not a fan of Ramsey when it comes to sound financial advice in general, but his methods are a good place to start for people who have trouble getting out of bad habits.

gosampel
10-31-2013, 08:57 PM
a lot of ppl out here like the wax but I'm old school, tried it like it but but give me Bud

SLAG

Investing is so far down the line at this point - Buck needs a plan

Even Dave Ramsey's investing tips are better than what he is working with

BossChief

Why not?

KC native
10-31-2013, 08:58 PM
a lot of ppl out here like the wax but I'm old school, tried it like it but but give me Bud

nail hits are the shit.

Iowanian
Someone explain this to me.

People on chemo will take MJ to stop nausea and make them eat. Most of what you hear about side affects relate to the munchies and eating.......so how does someone who is fighting flubber justify smoking it? Seems pretty damn counter productive to me.

I've softened my stance a lot of medical MJ and legalizing in general, but posts like these make me scratch my head.....It's not addictive, but it makes a guy smoke his rent and food money....

threebag
I lived for a good daily Wake and Bake. That was about 13 years ago.

-King-
10-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Just send me what you just bought so you're not tempted to smoke more Buck :)

digger
Isn't the NSA watching this thread?

gosampel
go to weed map and read the comments they are funny

KC native

People on chemo will take MJ to stop nausea and make them eat. Most of what you hear about side affects relate to the munchies and eating.......so how does someone who is fighting flubber justify smoking it? Seems pretty damn counter productive to me.

I've softened my stance a lot of medical MJ and legalizing in general, but posts like these make me scratch my head.....It's not addictive, but it makes a guy smoke his rent and food money....

It's cuz he is an unfunny chargers fan.

FlaChief58

Wax?

jspchief
sounds like you really got your shit together

legalize pot

DaFace
10-31-2013, 09:00 PM

Again, it's not that there aren't drawbacks. Abuse of weed will undoubtedly climb after legalization. It's just that 1) addition isn't THAT devastating compared to pretty much every other drug out there and 2) a majority of people are perfectly able to handle smoking it without abusing it.

-King-
10-31-2013, 09:00 PM

I didn't get munchies when I smoked. Not even a little bit.

-King-
10-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Wax?

Concentrated THC that forms a wax.

gosampel
10-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Isn't the NSA watching this thread?

I spent 13 years with Uncle Sam he knows who I am

FlaChief58
10-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Concentrated THC that forms a wax.

Like Hash?

lewdog
10-31-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm not a fan of Ramsey when it comes to sound financial advice in general, but his methods are a good place to start for people who have trouble getting out of bad habits.

Investing is so far down the line at this point - Buck needs a plan

Even Dave Ramsey's investing tips are better than what he is working with

I definitely agree. Nothing earth shattering about debt advice that Ramsey provides. And I wish more people would make it as simple as it can be.

Once you start to plan for retirement, I'd look elsewhere for advice, however.

I realize Buck is no where close to that so I'm off base here even mentioning it. Just throwing it out there for the "Ramsey disciples."