PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect from Justin Huber this year?

cmh6476
02-13-2006, 08:22 PM
or any of our other young up and comers?

see anyone breaking out and proving they can play at the MLB level?

Mecca
02-13-2006, 08:28 PM
I expect Justin Huber to have a thrilling year in AAA.

Reaper16
02-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Baird has said Huber will start at Triple A. That said, he'll be called up again in September, and I expect the AAA season to bridge that gap between where he is now and where he needs to be. It's mainly to work on defense, but seeing AAA level pitching will help his bat become better than it already promises to be.

I'm more excited for next, next season, where Gordon and Butler should see their first action.

beavis
02-13-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm more excited for next, next season, where Gordon and Butler should see their first action.
Gordon, Butler and Huber could end up making a helluva middle of the lineup.

Problem is, we still have no pitching.

JBucc
02-13-2006, 10:21 PM
The same thing I expect from every Royal every year, nothing.

leviw
02-13-2006, 10:22 PM
40 homers, 40 stolen bases, 130 RBI

no low expecations for me this season

Reaper16
02-13-2006, 10:31 PM

no low expecations for me this season
I know you're not serious at all, but I'll respond anyway. Huber will never be a 40 HR or 40 SB guy. He projects to be pretty much like a healthy Mike Sweeney; maybe better.

Butler, however, should be a 40 HR guy. He has insane power.

leviw
02-13-2006, 10:44 PM
I know you're not serious at all, but I'll respond anyway. Huber will never be a 40 HR or 40 SB guy. He projects to be pretty much like a healthy Mike Sweeney; maybe better.

Butler, however, should be a 40 HR guy. He has insane power.
Yes. I was being completely faciscious. I don't expect anything out of Huber for another season. Same goes with Butler, Gordon, etc. This is a season for the vets to ride out, try to get 75 wins or so. Set the stage for the future.

Dave Lane
02-13-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm going with 555 home runs this year in triple A. I'll update my estimate as the year goes by. Hey why not!

Dave

cmh6476
02-13-2006, 11:28 PM
so starting the season off as the AAA 1B?

How bout the draft, who should we be looking at with the first pick? Did the D'Backs ever sign Justin Upton? And if they didn't/ don't get him signed in time, should we grab him with our 1st? It must be hard to ride out a full year without a payday, I can't imagine someone doing it twice...

KevB
02-13-2006, 11:32 PM
so starting the season off as the AAA 1B?

How bout the draft, who should we be looking at with the first pick? Did the D'Backs ever sign Justin Upton? And if they didn't/ don't get him signed in time, should we grab him with our 1st? It must be hard to ride out a full year without a payday, I can't imagine someone doing it twice...

We'll go with the LHP Miller, college kid. Upton signed with Arizona. In Baseball America's recent top 10 prospects list, the R's had a grand total of one pitcher represented. We need arms.

kregger
02-13-2006, 11:33 PM
I want to him throw out a boomerang for the first pitch. Whiz past Sluggerrrrrrr and catch it without moving his feet.

Logical
02-14-2006, 12:14 AM
Yes. I was being completely faciscious. I don't expect anything out of Huber for another season. Same goes with Butler, Gordon, etc. This is a season for the vets to ride out, try to get 75 wins or so. Set the stage for the future.75 wins hahahahahaha

Rausch
02-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Since every Huber (boss' name) I've ever known has been fat, drunk, and stupid, I hold out little hope.

Demonpenz
02-14-2006, 12:18 AM
we are going to surprise some people this year

Dr. Van Halen
02-14-2006, 08:05 AM
we are going to surprise some people this year

Actually, I don't think anyone will be surprised when we are once again the worst team in baseball/professional sports.

Also, I wonder what percentage of positive people in this thread are in the sports media profession. I am convinced that this is the sole remaining bastion of support left in KC. Did you notice how J. Flannagan wrote Royals-related "Top-o'-th'-Mornin'" columns all throughout Chiefs season -- even on Super Bowl Sunday? And the 810 crew have openly said that they think football is barbaric and that baseball is by far a superior sport. The local media has a clear bias towards the Royals and baseball in general, which is odd because NO ONE ELSE CARES.

duncan_idaho
02-14-2006, 08:06 AM
I've also seen talk that Missouri RHP Max Scherzer could be an option at the No. 1 pick... if he doesn't sign with Scott Freakin' Boras.

I would be OK with that; the Royals still are counting on Hernandez, Howell and Greinke to be long-term members of the staff, which makes sense to me. Add Luis Cota in a year or two, and hopefully this year's No. 1 pick, and they might actually have some pitching to go with their hitting, for once.

ROYC75
02-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Sad to say this, who is Jason Huber ? For that matter, I don't even know who the Royals are anymore. From a guy who use to go to 5 - 6 games per year when I lived in the KC area and watched them every chance I could to this ?

Funny what 20 years will do to ya........

cmh6476
02-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Sad to say this, who is Jason Huber ?

justin's brother? :shrug:

ROYC75
02-14-2006, 08:55 AM
justin's brother? :shrug:

Ha Ha, OK, who is justin's brother . :D

beavis
02-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Ha Ha, OK, who is justin's brother . :D
I thought we'd already established that it was Jason? :shrug:

duncan_idaho
02-14-2006, 09:19 AM
I'll help you out, Roy—even if you are a kU fan and it's kU/MU week...

Justin Huber is the Royals' top 1B prospect... he was acquired fromt the Mets for some throwaway part in a very shrewd move by Allard Baird.

He also was the MVP of the MLB futures (Minor league all stars) game last year.

There is no Jason Huber, at least not in the Royals organization.

Demonpenz
02-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Actually, I don't think anyone will be surprised when we are once again the worst team in baseball/professional sports.

Also, I wonder what percentage of positive people in this thread are in the sports media profession. I am convinced that this is the sole remaining bastion of support left in KC. Did you notice how J. Flannagan wrote Royals-related "Top-o'-th'-Mornin'" columns all throughout Chiefs season -- even on Super Bowl Sunday? And the 810 crew have openly said that they think football is barbaric and that baseball is by far a superior sport. The local media has a clear bias towards the Royals and baseball in general, which is odd because NO ONE ELSE CARES.

Just because you don't care doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

beavis
02-14-2006, 11:12 AM

I'm sure they said those very words. :rolleyes:

But then again, I don't know why 810 would want to pimp the Royals... does anyone else?

Dave Lane
02-14-2006, 11:18 AM

No there is a difference between you don't care and no one cares.

Dave

Dr. Van Halen
02-14-2006, 12:03 PM

But then again, I don't know why 810 would want to pimp the Royals... does anyone else?

You know, that's a good point. There obviously are a few thousand people left in the city who care about the Royals. "NO ONE ELSE CARES" was a poor choice of words.

If it was announced that the Royals were folding and that KC was getting an NBA or NHL franchise instead, what do you think the reaction would be? Would there be rioting in the streets or a few angry calls to the radio?

Those were their exact words, by the way. It was the summer that 810 was trying to woo the Royals. They had an afternoon where J. Harry, K. Keitzman, D. Clinkscale, and others sat around talking about how awful pro football was. The "barbaric" quote really stood out.

beavis
02-14-2006, 12:27 PM
You know, that's a good point. There obviously are a few thousand people left in the city who care about the Royals. "NO ONE ELSE CARES" was a poor choice of words.

If it was announced that the Royals were folding and that KC was getting an NBA or NHL franchise instead, what do you think the reaction would be? Would there be rioting in the streets or a few angry calls to the radio?

Those were their exact words, by the way. It was the summer that 810 was trying to woo the Royals. They had an afternoon where J. Harry, K. Keitzman, D. Clinkscale, and others sat around talking about how awful pro football was. The "barbaric" quote really stood out.
You know, I had about a couple paragraphs worth of argument typed up just now, but I deleted it. I'll never get someone who hates baseball to agree with anything, so what's the point. I'll just go ahead and respond with this - :rolleyes:

sedated
02-14-2006, 01:22 PM

[cough] *cha-ching* [cough]

CHENZ A!
02-14-2006, 03:11 PM

I don't think there would be riots if we lost the Royals, but I think you vastly underestimate just how much people in this city care about them. The fact of the matter is, that the majority of professional sports fans are front runners, not just in baseball and not just in KC. Also you mention a couple of what I consider pretty good journalists, and I highly doubt that any of them would argue that baseball is more popular. Football is a barbaric sport, and that is exactly why we love it.

BigChiefFan
02-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Huber sounds like an intriguing prospect but I can't wait a few years until Alex Gordon steps up to the bigs.

tk13
02-14-2006, 03:35 PM
I think long term the Royals would get much more support long term than an NBA or NHL team. I've said that before though, just because of the ticket prices. The Royals are one of the best professional sports values in the country. Even if we started putting together a winner and raised prices, it still would be pretty cheap in pro sports terms.

I don't know, I could be wrong about that. NBA tickets are expensive. There are people here complaining about Chiefs ticket prices as the waiting list decreases, and that's 8 home games a year. NBA/NHL has 41 home games a year.

tk13
02-14-2006, 03:39 PM
I do think it'll be interesting to see if Huber comes up if/when Sweeney gets hurt. With Stairs and Mientkiewicz (I'm going to get sick of typing that out) we won't need him really, although he could probably come up and swing the bat and hold his own right now.

Calcountry
02-14-2006, 03:59 PM

no low expecations for me this seasonAnd I thought I was going out on a limb hoping for 20 hr and 80 rbi out of Frank Thomas. :)