PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Anttaj Hawthorne?

jspchief
02-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Anyone remember Anttaj Hawthorne (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/hawthorne_anttaj)? He was a fairly highly touted DT out of Wisconsin last year that got caught smoking pot just before the combine. He basically dropped out of day one consideration because of it.

Oakland took him late on the second day, and I remember thinking that it was a risk but could be a steal. I know they cut him sometime before the season started.

Anyone know what happened to him? He's a guy that showed some promise in college, and would probably come dirt cheap. Might be worth consideration.

Bowser
02-13-2006, 09:11 PM
No idea, but it can't be good if the Raiders are cutting you after one year.

jspchief
02-13-2006, 09:17 PM
No idea, but it can't be good if the Raiders are cutting you after one year.Yea, there's definately some question marks. But at one time, he was considered a potential first round pick. Can he really have fallen that far? Might be worth a shot in the dark.

jspchief
02-13-2006, 09:19 PM
looks like he got signed at the end of the season

Yea. He's not listed on their depth chart, but he is listed on their roster at the Raiders site. So much for that idea.

HolmeZz
02-13-2006, 09:20 PM
I saw him at Walter Camp FanFest the other day.

jspchief
02-13-2006, 09:24 PM
he will probably be on the team this year...

i see your from Ankeny... i grew up in West Des Moines and went to Dowling....I went to Urbandale. What year did you graduate?

jspchief
02-13-2006, 09:27 PM
2004Oh. Not much chance that we know any of the same people. I graduated in 1991. :)

Halfcan
02-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I think he got eaten by a Grizzley because he tried to use a small can a pepper spray, instead of Bear Spray, which is a different formula.