PDA

View Full Version : New Godsmack

Bob Dole
02-14-2006, 06:47 PM
The new album, entitled Godsmack IV, will be in stores 4/25 and features the new single "Speak." You can listen to "Speak" right now at Purevolume (http://www.purevolume.com/godsmack).

The track will be available to buy at all digital stores on 3/14.

Reaper16
02-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Meh, that single isn't doing anything for me. It seems like thier completely comfortable staying within a formula.

That's sort of the reason why I really didn't enjoy Disturbed's "Ten Thousand Fists" that much; to me that album was like a caricature of the band at times. (Though I really love Guarded)

Bob Dole
02-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Meh, that single isn't doing anything for me. It seems like thier completely comfortable staying within a formula.

That's sort of the reason why I really didn't enjoy Disturbed's "Ten Thousand Fists" that much; to me that album was like a caricature of the band at times. (Though I really love Guarded)

That's kind of the way Bob Dole felt about the newest Cold CD.

"Yeah...it's Cold. Ummm...sounds a lot like, well...Cold sounds."

Reaper16
02-14-2006, 07:18 PM

Me too. I really like scattered songs throughout both Cold and Disturbed's new ones, but find the albums average overall. I'm sure I'll have the same reaction to Godsmack's new CD. Hopefully, I'll be wrong.

Bob Dole
02-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Me too. I really like scattered songs throughout both Cold and Disturbed's new ones, but find the albums average overall. I'm sure I'll have the same reaction to Godsmack's new CD. Hopefully, I'll be wrong.

They're playing "Speak" on Squizz at the moment. It doesn't sound too bad with about 500w behind it. Nothing that makes you go WOW, though.

morphius
02-14-2006, 09:10 PM

Its amazing how bands sound like, ummm, themselves. :D

Halfcan
02-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Its amazing how bands sound like, ummm, themselves. :D

Except Rush-they are always changing.

Ebolapox
02-15-2006, 01:28 AM

yeah, cuz rush is like, jesus oh guitar, mahatma gandhi on drums, christina aguilara on keyboards, mary magdalene on the EWI (electronic wind instrument: similar to a synthesizer), and jimmy hendrix on saxaphone

they're BADASS

-EB-

Nightwish
02-15-2006, 02:25 AM
Except Rush-they are always changing.Yep. Although they did almost threaten to stall out a bit during their Power Windows/Hold Your Fire/Presto/Roll the Bones/Test for Echo era. Of course, by then, they had done so many things already that it would be challenging for any band to find a new sound. They were still great albums, though (except for maybe Presto and Test for Echo, which I thought were kinda weak). And it was good to hear them come back out of that style rut.

Demonpenz
02-15-2006, 02:57 AM
i like disturbed and godsmack. They are there to rock. No need to go soft just yet. i kind of wish i still had god smacks first cd. NOW GO AWAY

KcMizzou
02-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Except Rush-they are always changing.Oh, for Christ's sake...

Reaper16
02-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Yes, progressive rock acts are wont to do that.

Halfcan
02-15-2006, 10:54 PM
yeah, cuz rush is like, jesus oh guitar, mahatma gandhi on drums, christina aguilara on keyboards, mary magdalene on the EWI (electronic wind instrument: similar to a synthesizer), and jimmy hendrix on saxaphone

they're BADASS

-EB-

There are only three people in Rush dipshit.

jspchief
02-15-2006, 11:01 PM
There are only three people in Rush dipshit.3 people or 30, they still suck.

Do you have to dump your Rush man goo in every thread? Get some variety in your life for f*ck's sakes.

Nightwish
02-15-2006, 11:37 PM
3 people or 30, they still suck.
Yeah? And how many albums have you sold lately? How many concerts have you sold out? How badly would you get smoked if you had to go head to head with Neil Peart on a drumset? How badly would you get owned if you had to go head to head with Geddy Lee on a bass? How badly would you get embarassed if you had to go head to head with Alex Lifeson on the guitar?

Halfcan
02-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah? And how many albums have you sold lately? How many concerts have you sold out? How badly would you get smoked if you had to go head to head with Neil Peart on a drumset? How badly would you get owned if you had to go head to head with Geddy Lee on a bass? How badly would you get embarassed if you had to go head to head with Alex Lifeson on the guitar?

Plus they are constantly changing their sound. Can't wait for the new CD!!!

jspchief
02-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah? And how many albums have you sold lately? How many concerts have you sold out? How badly would you get smoked if you had to go head to head with Neil Peart on a drumset? How badly would you get owned if you had to go head to head with Geddy Lee on a bass? How badly would you get embarassed if you had to go head to head with Alex Lifeson on the guitar?So now a person has to be better than a musician before they can have an opinion on their music? You're a f*cking moron Mrs. Halfcan. The Backstreet Boys are better singers than me too. I suppose that means they are awesome.

Personally, I don't give a shit about Rush. I liked a few of their songs in high school, and I've moved on. I'm just sick of Halfcan having to masturbate to them in every f*cking thread. We get it. You love Rush. Give it a rest.

Phobia
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
I dig Godsmack.

I like Tom Sawyer. At least I think I like Tom Sawyer. I did the last time I played it in the mid 90's. I'm gonna have to dig that CD out of the attic one day.

Nightwish
02-16-2006, 12:12 AM
We get it. You love Rush. Give it a rest.We get it, you don't like Rush. Give it a rest. If you don't like them, nobody is forcing you to read the threads or the posts. It's not brain surgery, Sparky! Getting bent because somebody mentions a band they like frequently is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard!

jspchief
02-16-2006, 12:19 AM
We get it, you don't like Rush. Give it a rest. If you don't like them, nobody is forcing you to read the threads or the posts. It's not brain surgery, Sparky! Getting bent because somebody mentions a band they like frequently is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard!Yea, I like to get bent about a lot of stupid things. Like someone cracking wise about Al Gore. Now go f*ck yourself.

Ebolapox
02-16-2006, 12:25 AM
There are only three people in Rush dipshit.

ROFL

I'm not sure what's funnier--you jacking off to rush in every music thread, or that you actually took my post SERIOUSLY

-EB-

Nightwish
02-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Yea, I like to get bent about a lot of stupid things. Like someone cracking wise about Al Gore. Now go f*ck yourself.Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not bent out of shape at all in that thread. I'm actually enjoying, simply for the sport of showing a right-winger to be an ignorant buffoon! In case you haven't noticed, I don't tend to get offended when somebody lambastes a leftie, but I do get great pleasure from exposing the buffoonery that is so pervasive among the right.

Ebolapox
02-16-2006, 12:26 AM

OMGOMGOMG JSPCHIEFISN'T IN A BAND--RUSH ROCKS, HE SUCKS, HE MIGHT AS WELL BE GETTING F*CKED IN THE ASS BY AXL ROSE AND GADDYLEEOMGOMGTHATWOULDROCK CAUSE I'M GAY AND LIKE RUSHOMGOMGLOVETHATCOCK

-Rush Fans worldwide-

Halfcan
02-16-2006, 01:10 AM
So now a person has to be better than a musician before they can have an opinion on their music? You're a f*cking moron Mrs. Halfcan. The Backstreet Boys are better singers than me too. I suppose that means they are awesome.

Personally, I don't give a shit about Rush. I liked a few of their songs in high school, and I've moved on. I'm just sick of Halfcan having to masturbate to them in every f*cking thread. We get it. You love Rush. Give it a rest.

Mentioning Backstreet boys and Rush in the same sentence-shows what you know about music. I only mentioned Rush changing their sound often and not being ACDC for 30 years. Most bands just put out the same thing every time.

I can understand if you don't like them, but calling Peart a doche bag is low even for you. They are one of the most respected bands by other musicians, sold out 5000 shows, sold over 40 plus million records, and have influenced music, writing, and culture, plus had a positive impact on millions of people. Not to mention doing this with minimal airplay and with critics against them. Go back to listening to your boys bands.

Halfcan
02-16-2006, 01:13 AM
ROFL

I'm not sure what's funnier--you jacking off to rush in every music thread, or that you actually took my post SERIOUSLY

-EB-

Coming from a guy with 5 pics of his thug hero on his sig-that is funny.

jspchief
02-16-2006, 01:22 AM
Mentioning Backstreet boys and Rush in the same sentence-shows what you know about music. I only mentioned Rush changing their sound often and not being ACDC for 30 years. Most bands just put out the same thing every time.

I can understand if you don't like them, but calling Peart a doche bag is low even for you. They are one of the most respected bands by other musicians, sold out 5000 shows, sold over 40 plus million records, and have influenced music, writing, and culture, plus had a positive impact on millions of people. Not to mention doing this with minimal airplay and with critics against them. Go back to listening to your boys bands.You know, I don't have a problem with Rush. I think Perte is an awesome drummer. I don't listen to them anymore, and they do nothing for me.

The thing is, you're really over the top with your love of Rush. You've beaten the dead horse into an unrecognizeable pile of goo. It's just getting old. Like I said, we get it about you and Rush. You don't need to remind everyone that you think they are the best in every freaking thread.

And my comment about the Backstreet Boys is exactly that they suck. You and Nightgash seem to think record sales are an indicator of greatness, but the Backdoor Boys is a perfect example of how false that is.

Ebolapox
02-16-2006, 01:23 AM

thug hero... lmao--yeah, thug hero--ROFL

jesus--you just keep getting funnier and funnier

oh wait--that's dumber and dumber

my bad

-EB-

Halfcan
02-16-2006, 01:32 AM
You know, I don't have a problem with Rush. I think Perte is an awesome drummer. I don't listen to them anymore, and they do nothing for me.

The thing is, you're really over the top with your love of Rush. You've beaten the dead horse into an unrecognizeable pile of goo. It's just getting old. Like I said, we get it about you and Rush. You don't need to remind everyone that you think they are the best in every freaking thread.

And my comment about the Backstreet Boys is exactly that they suck. You and Nightgash seem to think record sales are an indicator of greatness, but the Backdoor Boys is a perfect example of how false that is.

I just do it to piss you Rush Haters off. I had a bet I could get Ebola to research Rush lyrics and make a stupid attempt at humor. I actually go see a lot of different bands-the last was Anthony Gomez Band at the Hurrican-a great show BTW.

Swanman
02-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Back on topic, I listened to "Speak" and think it's pretty good. It's undeniably Godsmack, which in my opinion is a good thing. I'm from the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school, so as long as Godsmack keeps writing good songs, I don't care whether or not they change their sound. Plus, they are one of the best live bands out there right now.

jspchief
02-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Back on topic, I listened to "Speak" and think it's pretty good. It's undeniably Godsmack, which in my opinion is a good thing. I'm from the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school, so as long as Godsmack keeps writing good songs, I don't care whether or not they change their sound. Plus, they are one of the best live bands out there right now.I thought the songs the site had posted were all decent. Sure, I like the Godsmack sound, but I get the feeling none of the songs are really going to grab me.

Reaper16
02-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Thug hero? I don't see the basis for that.
Regardless, don't even think about putting down Tecca Nina, no sir. He's, imo, one of the top 3 living emcees; a brilliant talent. He's better in his style of music than Rush are in theirs.

foxman
02-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Wow this thread sure took a left turn.

Anyway, I have only heard one Godsmack disk. It was their SACD, The Other Side. I really like this disk and I wonder if this is representative of thier music or is this more of an accoustic treatment to some of their other music. I would guess the latter but since I really havent heard anything otherwise I don't know.

If they are a harder band, who would they compare to?

patteeu
02-16-2006, 10:17 AM

I can understand if you don't like them, but calling Peart a doche bag is low even for you. They are one of the most respected bands by other musicians, sold out 5000 shows, sold over 40 plus million records, and have influenced music, writing, and culture, plus had a positive impact on millions of people. Not to mention doing this with minimal airplay and with critics against them. Go back to listening to your boys bands.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!1!!! AC/DC changed their sound when Bon Scott died and Brian Johnson took over. Scott has a raspy, nasaly voice and Johnson has more of a raspy, growly voice. You obviously don't know crap about music, MORON!1!111 And quit being a mind-numbed robot. Think for yourself, stop letting some fat-ass, drug abusing, woman-divorcing, Clinton-not-appreciating, hard-of-hearing blowhard like Rush tell you what to think.

ROFL :p

Swanman
02-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Wow this thread sure took a left turn.

Anyway, I have only heard one Godsmack disk. It was their SACD, The Other Side. I really like this disk and I wonder if this is representative of thier music or is this more of an accoustic treatment to some of their other music. I would guess the latter but since I really havent heard anything otherwise I don't know.

If they are a harder band, who would they compare to?

The Other Side is just an acoustic EP they did, they're definitely a "plugged-in" band. About half of the songs on that album were originals and the other half were song re-recorded acoustically. I'd say their genre is basically mainstream hard rock, they're definitely not metal but they are harder than most bands you'll hear on the radio. If you like The Other Side, I would recommend picking up their "Faceless" album first, it's got a great mix of "harder" songs and radio-ready songs.

foxman
02-16-2006, 11:06 AM
If you like The Other Side, I would recommend picking up their "Faceless" album first, it's got a great mix of "harder" songs and radio-ready songs.

Thanks for the heads up, I will check into that one. Sounds like something similar to Stone Temple Pilots maybe.

morphius
02-16-2006, 11:19 AM
I just do it to piss you Rush Haters off. I had a bet I could get Ebola to research Rush lyrics and make a stupid attempt at humor. I actually go see a lot of different bands-the last was Anthony Gomez Band at the Hurrican-a great show BTW.
I'm just waiting to find the one rush fan that isn't a big pot head.

Bob Dole
02-16-2006, 11:41 AM

Anthony Gomez Band may put on a good show, but it's not anywhere close to Rush.

Reaper16
02-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Does liking Rush's music and ownign three of thier albums count as being a fan? If so, here I am. Never touched pot.

Bob Dole
02-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Does liking Rush's music and ownign three of thier albums count as being a fan? If so, here I am. Never touched pot.

Right.

All your friends just came to your house to eat your mom's brownies because she used a special kind of chocolate.

Reaper16
02-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Right.

All your friends just came to your house to eat your mom's brownies because she used a special kind of chocolate.
Heh. She always told me the special ingredient was Tender Hearts and Care. THC... I see it now.

Nah, I'm clean. I don't even drink.

morphius
02-16-2006, 12:35 PM
My search is over, I can now die feeling complete. LOL

Swanman
02-16-2006, 01:04 PM

I own every one of their albums and have never touched the stuff, although I did get a contact buzz once.

morphius
02-16-2006, 02:45 PM
I own every one of their albums and have never touched the stuff, although I did get a contact buzz once.
Thats cool. I was really just wondering, until recently on this BB I only knew one Rush fan, and he smokes fairly regularly.

Plus it just makes sense, I mean I couldn't think of any other logically reason why someone would listen to that horrid lead singers voice. :D

foxman
02-16-2006, 02:55 PM
I have been a Rush fan for roughly 24 years and while I really never cared for much of their studio work after Signals I remain a big fan of the band. I do not do drugs other than what I can buy at Eckerds. That said, I wont say I have never partaken of natural herbs in the distant past.

Halfcan
02-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Anthony Gomez Band may put on a good show, but it's not anywhere close to Rush.

I have been to over 120 shows and Rush, by far, always puts on the best for the fans.

I wasn't comparing AGB to Rush. Anthony Gomez is an incredible guitarist though!!!

Halfcan
02-18-2006, 10:09 PM
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!1!!! AC/DC changed their sound when Bon Scott died and Brian Johnson took over. Scott has a raspy, nasaly voice and Johnson has more of a raspy, growly voice. You obviously don't know crap about music, MORON!1!111 And quit being a mind-numbed robot. Think for yourself, stop letting some fat-ass, drug abusing, woman-divorcing, Clinton-not-appreciating, hard-of-hearing blowhard like Rush tell you what to think.

ROFL :p

Brian Johnson has been in the band since what 1980? Sorry I said 30 years-not quit. The were much better with Bon. Wrong Rush dipshit!