PDA

View Full Version : Indiana head coach expected to resign on Thursday

FloridaMan88
02-15-2006, 10:39 PM
according to ESPN News.

Not a good week to be a college basketball head coach

jspchief
02-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Great. Iowa is having their best season in two decades and now we're going to have to deal with this distraction.

tk13
02-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I think Alford is a risky hire. Kinda like if the Royals hired Frank White. Great storyline back to the "good ol days", but makes it awful hard to fire him if he doesn't succeed.

milkman
02-15-2006, 11:25 PM
I think Alford is a risky hire. Kinda like if the Royals hired Frank White. Great storyline back to the "good ol days", but makes it awful hard to fire him if he doesn't succeed.

I wouldn't think it'd be hard.

Indiana demands success.
If Alford isn't successful, they'll demand a change.

tk13
02-15-2006, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't think it'd be hard.

Indiana demands success.
If Alford isn't successful, they'll demand a change.
Yeah, but that would tarnish his image. Grew up here, played high school ball here for one of the best high schools in the state, won a national championship with IU here. I think he has more to lose than gain really.

jspchief
02-15-2006, 11:42 PM
It won't even matter if Indiana does or doesn't want him. It's going to be a big media circus regardless, fueld by rampant speculation.

greg63
02-16-2006, 12:30 AM
It won't even matter if Indiana does or doesn't want him. It's going to be a big media circus regardless, fueld by rampant speculation. The media invented speculation.

CoMoChief
02-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Bob Knight will always rule Indiana.

kcfanintitanhell
02-16-2006, 01:10 AM
I think Iowa has had a love-hate relationship with Alford anyway, and with the graduation of Brunner and Horner, the time is ripe for change. And I for one, would welcome it. Maybe Tom Davis would forgive and forget.

jspchief
02-16-2006, 01:14 AM
I think Iowa has had a love-hate relationship with Alford anyway, and with the graduation of Brunner and Horner, the time is ripe for change. And I for one, would welcome it. Maybe Tom Davis would forgive and forget.I have two concerns.

1. This becoming a distraction and fugging with the success of this season
2. Alford becoming a thorn in our ass, coaching a conference foe.

I'm not an Alford fan, and wouldn't care if we fired him at the end of the season. But I don't want this Indiana thing to become the focus of everything this year's team deals with, and I don't want to find out we were wrong on Alford by facing him twice a year.

Braincase
02-16-2006, 06:21 AM
Bob Knight will always rule Indiana.

With Miles Brand gone, what are the odds Indiana will try and reclaim Knight from Texas Tech?

jspchief
02-16-2006, 07:34 AM
With Miles Brand gone, what are the odds Indiana will try and reclaim Knight from Texas Tech?I'd say the chances are pretty slim. Knight may still be god in the eyes of Hoosier fans, but I think the university got more than enough the first time around.

tk13
02-16-2006, 03:02 PM
With Miles Brand gone, what are the odds Indiana will try and reclaim Knight from Texas Tech?
I doubt Knight would want to come back. There's certainly a legion of Texas Tech wearing fans that'd probably enjoy it though...

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 03:03 PM
YES YES!!!!

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 03:05 PM