PDA

View Full Version : Sosa retires.

Halfcan
02-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Sammy was just not the same after he stopped doing roids.

ChiefsFanatic
02-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Sammy was just not the same after he stopped doing roids.

And after he had to take the cork out of his bat.

ChiefsFanatic
02-15-2006, 11:50 PM
And after he had to take the cork out of his bat.

Oh my bad, that was just his batting practice bat....Yeah, right.
:rolleyes:

Demonpenz
02-15-2006, 11:51 PM
i don't care what his numbers are. I have a hard time believing he is a HOFer

chefsos
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Sammy's not retiring, he's injured. He spent all of last season pissing down his leg and now that rash just won't go away.

I'm so glad this clown's out of Baltimore. If a relief pitcher stopped as many Orioles rallies as Soso did, the guy would win the Cy Young.

NJ Chief Fan
02-16-2006, 12:07 AM
when is that other clown bonds gonna retire

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Was Sosa the Dominique Wilkins (when roided) of MLB?

Halfcan
02-16-2006, 12:46 AM
i don't care what his numbers are. I have a hard time believing he is a HOFer

Yeah between the corked bats and the Roids-I don't think he makes it.

greg63
02-16-2006, 12:52 AM

George Brett battled roids as well, butt those problems are behind him now. :D

(I know terrible joke)

Halfcan
02-16-2006, 12:56 AM
George Brett battled roids as well, butt those problems are behind him now. :D

(I know terrible joke)

Laughing my ASS-off right now. ROFL

greg63
02-16-2006, 01:01 AM
Laughing my ASS-off right now. ROFL

I almost didn't post that, but I couldn't resist. ROFL

Deberg_1990
02-16-2006, 01:26 AM
Good....another Roided up, stat hungry relic from the 1990's gone.....

Miles
02-16-2006, 01:40 AM

Whether Mcgwire gets in on first ballot or not will probably be a strong indicator for Sosa.

Halfcan
02-16-2006, 01:46 AM
Good....another Roided up, stat hungry relic from the 1990's gone.....

Now for Bonds-I hope he doesn't break the HR record. Hank was too good to be passed by that roided asshole.

greg63
02-16-2006, 02:08 AM
Now for Bonds-I hope he doesn't break the HR record. Hank was too good to be passed by that roided asshole.

Yup!

Amnorix
02-16-2006, 06:54 AM
Well loved at one time, he's now been exposed for nothing more than a cheating bastard. May he retire into the ignominy which he will deserves, and God forbid he get into the Hall of Fame... He was a one tool player, and that was only impressive due to illegal assistance.

Amnorix
02-16-2006, 06:56 AM
Further to my last, he had clearly started to establish himself as a solid home run hitter, in the 30-40 HRs per year range.

Then he suddenly takes off, starting at THIRTY years of age, with 66, and hits 49+ for the next five years, i.e. until he's 34 years old.

Nah, that's not suspicious...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/sosasa01.shtml

ct
02-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Further to my last, he had clearly started to establish himself as a solid home run hitter, in the 30-40 HRs per year range.

Then he suddenly takes off, starting at THIRTY years of age, with 66, and hits 49+ for the next five years, i.e. until he's 34 years old.

Nah, that's not suspicious...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/sosasa01.shtml

Cub Fan here, and you're absolutely right. You don't even need to see the numbers, just pictures of Sammy himself to see what what goin down. Same goes for Barry Bonds.

Barry still might make the HoF, but Sammy will not, I certainly hope not.

Calcountry
02-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Sammy's not retiring, he's injured. He spent all of last season pissing down his leg and now that rash just won't go away.

I'm so glad this clown's out of Baltimore. If a relief pitcher stopped as many Orioles rallies as Soso did, the guy would win the Cy Young.Ooooo, that ones gonna leave a mark.

Missing in all this, is that MLB most likely, was complicit in all the roid stuff, in order to bring back the fans after the last work stoppage. What was it that got everyone interested again? Big Mac and Sammy BOTH chasing down Roger Maris' record of 61 bombs in a season.

I remember it well, I was checking the papers every morning to see how they did. Up until that point, I had virtually lost all interest in the game, and had deliberately avoided it as a personal protest to the crap they expected us fans to endure due to the strike.

IMHO, MLB sold out some of their most cherished and hallowed records, in order to bring back the fans. The crazy thing is, it worked. Truth is, most fans don't care what they are pumping, they just want to see the ball leave the yard.

Cormac
02-16-2006, 08:50 AM
I almost didn't post that, but I couldn't resist. ROFL

Don't get overconfident after Halfcan's reaction. He is not a fair representation of the BB populace.

:p

Frazod
02-16-2006, 10:07 AM
I was sort of hoping he'd re-sign with the Cubs and languish for another couple of years. Damn.

:evil:

Sosa is a prima donna douche. That Mr. Nice Guy act stopped as soon as the red light on the camera went off.

greg63
02-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Don't get overconfident after Halfcan's reaction. He is not a fair representation of the BB populace.

:p

...And I'll just bet that you are.

Trust me; anyone who knows me, knows that over confidence is not a problem of mine. Quite the opposite is true.

...Oops almost forgot the :p.

Eleazar
02-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Truth is, most fans don't care what they are pumping, they just want to see the ball leave the yard.

I definitely don't think that is true at all. All the talk when that race was going on was about the juiced ball, the lower mound, the fences being brought in, hitter's ballparks, talent pool dillution... myriad reasons why it's silly to compare one of their home runs with one of Maris' or Ruth's or Aaron's.

I don't think fans buy or don't buy tickets based on home runs. They want to see a competitive game. If a team is competitive, even if they don't hit a lot of home runs, fans will still come out to the yard.

The few times in recent years when the Royals have been in the hunt or play a string of pretty good baseball, the people here really do show up. And it was a team that didn't hit home runs in bunches. There were good hitters but there hasn't been a power hitter here in years.

(Of course I may just be biased because of the baseball games I've attended in my life the home run ratio has the vistors ahead about 3:1)

Eleazar
02-16-2006, 10:33 AM
As for Sosa - he should be retiring in a lot more disgrace than he is.

He should have retired when the microscope got put on him a few years ago, instead of trying to play without cloudy piss and embarrassing himself.

Amnorix
02-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Cub Fan here, and you're absolutely right. You don't even need to see the numbers, just pictures of Sammy himself to see what what goin down. Same goes for Barry Bonds.

Barry still might make the HoF, but Sammy will not, I certainly hope not.

Agreed. Barry will make the Hall because he was HOF quality even BEFORE he became 'roided up. In my humble opinion, however, he should get the Pete Rose treatment, as should ANY OTHER M-F WHO TAKES 'ROIDS Because they are cheating bastidges who are ruining hte integrity of the game.

Kenesaw Mountain Landis, where are you when we need you?