PDA

View Full Version : Ha Ha, check this scam email I got..........

ROYC75
02-16-2006, 08:54 AM
My name is Mr. Morgan Toure Konate, a Banker and accountant with BIAO BANK
Abidjan.I am the personal accounts manager to Engr Lake Caswell , a National of your country, who used to work with an oil servicing company here in Cote Ivoire.

My client, his wife, and their three children were involved in the ill fated Kenya Airways crash in the coasts of Abidjan in January 2000 in which all passengers on board died. Since then I have made several inquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives but has been unsuccessful.After several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his last name over the internet,to see if I could locate any member of his family hence I contacted you.

Of particular interest is this huge deposit with our bank here in,where the deceased has an account valued at about ($16 million US dollars).They have issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or the bank will declare the account unservisable and thereby send the funds to the bank treasury.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over last 2 years now, I will seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last names, so that the proceeds of this account valued at ($16million US dollars) can be paid to you and then you and I can share the money.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal through.I guarantee that this will be executed under all legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. In your reply mail, I want you to give me your full names, address, date of birth, telephone and fax numbers.If you can handle this with me write me back immediately or you can call me on my telephone number +22508420100 for more details .

Thanking you for your anticipated cooperation.
Sincerely,
Morgan K. Toure.

Gli affari migliori del Web? Solo su Lycos Shopping!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:rolleyes: :shake:

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 08:58 AM
That's a scam? Uh-oh.

Dartgod
02-16-2006, 09:01 AM
This is legitimate. I know a guy here at work who's mother's step brother got one of these and now has over $10 million in the bank. Living in luxury...

You should jump all over this.

ChiefsfaninPA
02-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Sorry, I didn't realize that the spam I sent out would go to a fellow chiefsplanet member. Please disregard but still do provide me with that info and your account numbers just for good measure.

chefsos
02-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Damn right this is a scam. This guy wants a cut of Roy's ($16million US dollars)! I say just fly right over there to see that bank manager, and cut out the middleman. The nerve.

Rain Man
02-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Oh my gosh! Roy and I are kin!

Fish
02-16-2006, 09:17 AM
I would very much appreciate us having businesses relations with you.

sedated
02-16-2006, 09:17 AM
try calling the phone number, see who answers.

but do it from work to avoid a nasty phone bill.

Bowser
02-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Tell them that you are not interested because you just purchased Boardwalk to go along with Park Place, and you will clean up from all the suckers that stay in your hotels.

ChiefsfaninPA
02-16-2006, 09:23 AM
but do it from work to avoid a nasty phone bill.

And then explain to your boss why you called the number? But I guess if you call that number and get the money, you can tell your boss to kiss your a$$ because you now have f you money.

Kclee
02-16-2006, 09:31 AM
http://419eater.com/

Inspector
02-16-2006, 09:33 AM
I've gotten a few of those.

And now I have to rent a storage locker for all that loose cash.

greg63
02-16-2006, 09:43 AM
I got a few like that as well; it's been roaming around in cyber space for a few years now.

Bowser
02-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Speaking of which...

Apparently I have an account at a place called Credit Union Bank, and hackers have tried repeatedly to hack my account there. Fortunately for me, all I have to do is re-verify all of my information so my account will once again be open to me.

Perhaps that bank is where I left my billions. I never can remember where I put all that cash.

Chiefs Express
02-16-2006, 10:01 AM
I watched a news story last week regarding one of the scams like Roy got.

The lady was out over $40,000 because she believed it was true. They sent her a legitimate looking Cashiers Check and her bank cashed it. She promptly sent the cash back to them. Shortly later she got another cashiers check and cashed it as well, sent the money again. Then both cashiers checks came back as bogus. Her bank account is now in less than a desirable condition.

The two things I find hard to believe is that 1) someone would be stupid enough to fall for the scam and 2) that even though 95% of the people on the internet know they are scams the guys keep sending them out. I bet I get 6 a week, the wording is a little different and the amounts differ, but the bottom line is that they are going to screw you to the wall.

My typical reply, when I'm feeling obnoxious, is that they need to send me a Cashiers Check for 50% of the money that they are willing to "pay" for me clearing the cash for them and then after the check clears all banking interests they can continue the transaction. I usually get a single line email in return........F**K YOU! Most don't respond, but those that do are usually in denial about their scam eventually working.

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I did buy a lottery ticket for the $300,000,000. I'll have to check to see if I'm retiring this afternoon.

greg63
02-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Speaking of which...

Apparently I have an account at a place called Credit Union Bank, and hackers have tried repeatedly to hack my account there. Fortunately for me, all I have to do is re-verify all of my information so my account will once again be open to me.

Perhaps that bank is where I left my billions. I never can remember where I put all that cash.
ROFL
Well you're in luck if you'll just kindly provide me with your full name, address, phone number, Social security number, and all associated banking account information; I'm fairly certain that I can put you in touch with your billions for a small finder’s fee.

Kclee
02-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Heh. Read how this scammer gets tricked into a tatoo.

http://419eater.com/html/okorie.htm

ROYC75
02-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Heh. Read how this scammer gets tricked into a tatoo.

http://419eater.com/html/okorie.htm

Unreal, how the hell do bozo's do this shit ? Oh the things people do for that greedy dollar bill.............
:rolleyes:

Kclee
02-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Unreal, how the hell do bozo's do this shit ? Oh the things people do for that greedy dollar bill.............
:rolleyes:

ROFL In this one they get the scammers to hand write about 300 pages from the Harry Potter book.

http://419eater.com/html/joyce_ozioma.htm