PDA

View Full Version : The Shield: Did I just see??

Baby Lee
02-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Was that Jimmy Johnson in the bullpen?
Yelling for Terry?

WTF??

tk13
02-21-2006, 09:41 PM
He's supposed to make an appearance on that. I don't ever watch The Shield but they made fun of Jimmy on the FOX pregame show one week and showed the clip where he's behind bars.

Bowser
02-21-2006, 09:41 PM
This show is vastly underrated.

Miles
02-22-2006, 03:55 AM
Yeah that was him. He said something about gotta find Terry, he is the one who should be in here.

Chiefnj
02-22-2006, 08:06 AM
I thought it looked like him and then said why would JJ be on the show.

Great show.

Lzen
02-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Ha, so I was right afterall. I said that as soon as they showed him the first time. I even clicked back 10 seconds on the dvr to look at him again. She said it wasn't him.

Lzen
02-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Speaking of the Shield, does anyone know exactly what happened with that cop that was killed? Did Mackie actually kill him or was there something more to the story? I don't remember what happened. Or it is possible that it happened before I started regularly watching the show.

Brock
02-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Speaking of the Shield, does anyone know exactly what happened with that cop that was killed? Did Mackie actually kill him or was there something more to the story? I don't remember what happened. Or it is possible that it happened before I started regularly watching the show.

Yeah, he killed him. Waaay back.

Uncle_Ted
02-22-2006, 09:15 AM

It was the first season ... maybe even the very first episode. Vic found out he was working for the feds so he shot him with a drug dealer's gun during a raid.

Lzen
02-24-2006, 10:24 AM
It was the first season ... maybe even the very first episode. Vic found out he was working for the feds so he shot him with a drug dealer's gun during a raid.

No kidding? Just shot him in cold blood, huh? I knew he had done some bad things. I just didn't realize he had done something that bad.

jwhit
02-24-2006, 05:19 PM
It was definitely the first episode when Vic and Shane popped the undercover cop. Vic pulled the trigger but Shane was there. Lemansky and the other dude don't know that Vic and Shane killed the cop.

What I want to know is where is Tavon, the black cop Shane and his girlfriend/wife beat up? Last we saw Tavon he was in the hospital recovering, but that was at the end of season 4... Tavon is going to save Kavanaugh's investigation. Shane is gonna take a fall, but Vic will survive.

This show is unbelievably good. Vic Mackie is the Tony Soprano of cops.

Who do you root for on The Shield? Do you want the Strike Team to get busted or do you want them to go down?

It's weird. I clearly root for Tony Soprano and his crew. But I'm kind of an observer on The Shield. I like Vic. But I can't stand Shane. I rooted for Antoine Wright (the Al Sharton drug dealer) when he was bucking heads with Shane.

Bowser
02-24-2006, 05:26 PM
It was definitely the first episode when Vic and Shane popped the undercover cop. Vic pulled the trigger but Shane was there. Lemansky and the other dude don't know that Vic and Shane killed the cop.

What I want to know is where is Tavon, the black cop Shane and his girlfriend/wife beat up? Last we saw Tavon he was in the hospital recovering, but that was at the end of season 4... Tavon is going to save Kavanaugh's investigation. Shane is gonna take a fall, but Vic will survive.

This show is unbelievably good. Vic Mackie is the Tony Soprano of cops.

Who do you root for on The Shield? Do you want the Strike Team to get busted or do you want them to go down?

It's weird. I clearly root for Tony Soprano and his crew. But I'm kind of an observer on The Shield. I like Vic. But I can't stand Shane. I rooted for Antoine Wright (the Al Sharton drug dealer) when he was bucking heads with Shane.

I've been wondering what happened to Tavon as well. Did they give him some sort of extended rehab, so he's out of action?

As for rooting for characters, it's definitely Vic. He's kind of like a modern day Robin Hood, only he keeps most of the spoils for himself. Agree about Shane - he's a slimeball. Although he did crack me up when he told that white kid who was trying to be gangsta "Why don't you check your color, honky?" Heh. And Forest Whitaker is so good on that show, he's got me hating him 6 or 7 episodes in. I loved it when Vic and his guys pulled a fast one on him with the Russians! Good stuff.

BigRock
02-24-2006, 05:57 PM
No kidding? Just shot him in cold blood, huh? I knew he had done some bad things. I just didn't realize he had done something that bad.
Until this season, the show had basically ignored it. In the very first episode Vic was shown to be a cold blooded cop killer, and from then on they made him more like a cop with questionable methods who's not such a bad guy. Or like Robin Hood, as was said. In the seasons since then, he's never come close to anything like murdering another cop. It was almost like they wanted to make that first episode as shocking as possible, maybe not even knowing if it would get picked up to become a series... and then when it did, they regretted having him be a killer.

I love The Shield, it's one of my favorite shows, but it's always seemed a little schizophrenic in that regard. Like last season, just as an example, where Vic was all bent out of shape while Shane was working with Antoine and the drug dealers. And it's like... hey, Vic, you've done plenty worse. At least Shane wasn't killing cops. I think that may be the reason that some people just observe the action more than they root for Vic, especially now that they brought the murder story back.

Forrest Whitaker has been amazing this season, he should win a bunch of Emmys.

SCChief
02-24-2006, 06:09 PM
I've been wondering what happened to Tavon as well. Did they give him some sort of extended rehab, so he's out of action?

As for rooting for characters, it's definitely Vic. He's kind of like a modern day Robin Hood, only he keeps most of the spoils for himself. Agree about Shane - he's a slimeball. Although he did crack me up when he told that white kid who was trying to be gangsta "Why don't you check your color, honky?" Heh. And Forest Whitaker is so good on that show, he's got me hating him 6 or 7 episodes in. I loved it when Vic and his guys pulled a fast one on him with the Russians! Good stuff.

If I remember correctly, Vic visited Tavon in the hospital and convinced him that what he remembered happening with Shane and his wife was a result of the head injuries he suffered in the crash (since he wasn't wearing his seatbelt and was thrown through the windshield). I'm not sure what they did with him afterward, but it was going to take him a long time to recover.

I root for Vic... his tactics are dirty, but he refuses to harm a true innocent. And he goes balls to the wall after anyone who hurts a child.

chagrin
02-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Season one, Episode one - by far, the best that show will ever write. However, they lost me in Season 3 and I have yet to return, but I am still a little interested.

Queue up the music and the scene, starts off with lemonhead coming out of the Strike Team room putting on his cap backwards and right up until he pops Reed Diamond's character...holy sh*t dude - I was so speechless, remember it just like yesterday...

"are you good cop, or bad cop?"
"I'm a different kind of cop"

killer!!!!

My vote - Strike team should stay forever, Vic rocks, except for that whole, cop killing thing. Another thing that pissed me off, they reduced his "villain" role since that episode, I don't think they intended for this to go more than it has already, so I think they got stuck - just like the "LOST" writers.

jwhit
02-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Wow. It's unbelievable how many of you think the same thing I think.... The first episode (and first season) painted them into a corner with Vic. Remember, Vic was basically a drug dealer in season 1...

But I'm not so sure if this isn't just reality. The show started with Vic in a major jam and he did what he thought was necessary to get out of that jam. He's now spent the last three years trying to keep his nose relatively clean because the cop killing put a bull's eye on his back.

Kavanaugh said it best: "98 percent of the time Vic Mackey is just like everybody else. It's that 2 percent is where I want to be and catch him."

The show started off with Vic in that 2 percent area and something tells me he might be headed back to that 2 percent area this season. Maybe Vic will sellout Shane to save his own @$$.

Bowser
02-25-2006, 01:53 PM
The show started off with Vic in that 2 percent area and something tells me he might be headed back to that 2 percent area this season. Maybe Vic will sellout Shane to save his own @$$.

Maybe. It seems like those two have gotten tight again after their near shootout with each other. I'm thinking one of these two things will happen to get him back into that "2% range":

1) Vic will conspire with one of his gangbangers he has on a leash to take Kavanaugh out. That or the Russians.

2) Vic will conspire with Aceveda to have Kavanaugh whacked. Remember, Kavanaugh has been walking on Aceveda's toes through this, and has pretty much accused him of being in cahoots with Vic. And Aceveda has a ton to lose if Kavanaugh connects him to Vic.

Either way, Vic won't be the guy to pull the trigger. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Ebolapox
02-25-2006, 02:03 PM
eh, I thought this was a will shields thread

-EB-

jwhit
02-25-2006, 05:25 PM
hope i don't regret this prediction: but no way anyone kills kavanaugh.... you kill someone from internal affairs and all hell comes down on vic and anyone involved. no way....

vic is gonna sacrafice shane after shane sells out the strike team.... shane is being pulled by his wife/baby's mama away from the strike team... mara will give shane some really bad advice that will blow up in shane's face and vic and tavon will sellout shane.... shane is mark fuhrman.

Brock
02-25-2006, 06:02 PM
hope i don't regret this prediction: but no way anyone kills kavanaugh.... you kill someone from internal affairs and all hell comes down on vic and anyone involved. no way....

vic is gonna sacrafice shane after shane sells out the strike team.... shane is being pulled by his wife/baby's mama away from the strike team... mara will give shane some really bad advice that will blow up in shane's face and vic and tavon will sellout shane.... shane is mark fuhrman.

Not gonna happen.

Florida_Bronco
02-25-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm a big fan of the Shield, been watching it since the very first episode.

I'm unsure how this season will turnout, but it's definetly got my attention.

Psyko Tek
03-13-2006, 01:10 AM
I gotta feeling this is the last year

see a Hill Street Blues ending coming up

keg in kc
03-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Now that was a season finale.Not gonna happen.Sounds like the season six the way things went last night.

Lzen
03-24-2006, 01:05 PM
That ending was so fugged up. Wow. I love this show but man, I can't believe Shane killed Lem. I was a little disappointed in Vic's "fight" with Kavanaugh. I would've expected him to kick Kav's butt badly. Can't wait for next season. Anyone know when that's supposed to start?

Jason,
I guess you were right about Shane's wife motivating him to do things. You just weren't quite correct on what, exactly, he would do. Did that make your jaw drop like it did mine?

BigRock
03-24-2006, 01:14 PM
New episodes don't start again until January.

Not that it matters much, but from what I read a few days ago the next episodes aren't actually a new "season", they're like a Part 2 of season 5. FX ordered extra episodes for a longer season, but not until it was too late to film them all continuously. They're only now being written, and have to be filmed around Michael Chiklis making another Fantastic Four movie or something.

Then after those episodes are done, they'll decide on whether they want to do a 6th season.