PDA

View Full Version : Just rented some movies... what should I watch first?

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 05:45 PM
In alphabetical order, I just rented: Havoc; The Human Stain; Prozac Nation; and When Will I Be Loved.

I haven't seen any of them. What should I watch first?

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 05:46 PM
I also rented The Terminal, I (Heart) Huckabees, and Mrs. & Mrs. Smith... but those are to watch with the wife, and she's not home tonight.

Hammock Parties
02-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Human Stain!

Of course that's the only one I've seen. Nicole Kidman is great in it.

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Whoever voted for Prozac Nation, can you give some compelling arguments? And goxl... whatever... what about Human Stain?

I haven't seen any of these and know very little about them... I have heard, however, that Neve Campbell shows her boobies in When Will I Be Loved.

Hammock Parties
02-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Human Stain is a deeply compelling film. It's about race and love and getting old and society and all kinds of shit. It also has nudity!!!

Did you need more?

Hammock Parties
02-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Also, Gary Sinise dances with Anthony Hopkins.

Dunit35
02-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Did someone say Nicole Kidman and nudity in the same sentence?

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 06:05 PM
See... now I'm thinking about Nicole Kidman and nudity and Neve Campbell and nudity... and TOGETHER!!!!

THAT would make a great film.

Ralphy Boy
02-22-2006, 06:06 PM
The first thing I'd do is return all the movies and get a life. Seriously, you're asking people on the internet what crappy movie you should watch first.

And I thought my life was boring.

Hammock Parties
02-22-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm not sure if Nicole gets nude, but Hopkin's college-age girlfriend does.

Oh, it also has Ed Harris.

ArrowheadHawk
02-22-2006, 06:09 PM
i thought the human stain was a horrible movie

Dunit35
02-22-2006, 06:10 PM
The guys married...what kind of life is he supposed to have. One that consists of trying out experimental drugs and sleeping with chicks while not using protection?

But personally FMB I've never heard of any of those movies. It comes with living in a small town and having a very small video store.

Baby Lee
02-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Whoever voted for Prozac Nation, can you give some compelling arguments? And goxl... whatever... what about Human Stain?

I haven't seen any of these and know very little about them... I have heard, however, that Neve Campbell shows her boobies in When Will I Be Loved.
Two words, Ricci's bewbies.

MoF, your choices reflect a trend of female nudity.

Havoc - check
The Human Stain - check
Prozac Nation - check
When Will I Be Loved. - check

and that's a clean run.

FMB! = Mr. Skin? :shrug:

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 06:16 PM
The guys married...what kind of life is he supposed to have. One that consists of trying out experimental drugs and sleeping with chicks while not using protection?

But personally FMB I've never heard of any of those movies. It comes with living in a small town and having a very small video store.
You're right... married, no life. My wife works at night, I work in the day, I'm not into the bar scene and can ill-afford to go out. All 7 movies I got were 5-night rentals, four were half-off and three were free. All said and done, I have 7 movies for $4.02.

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Two words, Ricci's bewbies.

MoF, your choices reflect a trend of female nudity.

FMB! = Mr. Skin? :shrug:
ROFL

Took me a second to realize you were talking about Mr. Skin the website... laughed out loud at that!

I didn't know Ricci got naked, too. Damn... more choices. Who's boobies do I want to see first?

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Havoc - check
The Human Stain - check
Prozac Nation - check
When Will I Be Loved. - check

Yeah, all four were movies I wanted to see, but knew my wife wouldn't really be into them, nudity aside.

Hammock Parties
You should watch the Human Stain. It has more than boobies. It deals with how racism affects us all.

Baby Lee
ROFL

Took me a second to realize you were talking about Mr. Skin the website... laughed out loud at that!

I didn't know Ricci got naked, too. Damn... more choices. Who's boobies do I want to see first?
Don't know if you caught my edit, but Havoc has some major skin too. That chick from that girl flick about royalty, showing her bad side.

Dunit35
02-22-2006, 06:20 PM
You're right... married, no life. My wife works at night, I work in the day, I'm not into the bar scene and can ill-afford to go out. All 7 movies I got were 5-night rentals, four were half-off and three were free. All said and done, I have 7 movies for $4.02.

I just opened an account at the Movie Gallery and Hastings here in Hays. At the movie gallery there are all kinds of specials for college students..kick ass. Hastings has a special where if you open an account you get 14 days to rent things half-off. The only thing I've rented so far is Arena Football League for PS2.

Pants
02-22-2006, 06:24 PM
I've seen Prozac Nation. At the time I didn't like it, but now that I think of it, I guess it was pretty good.

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Don't know if you caught my edit, but Havoc has some major skin too. That chick from that girl flick about royalty, showing her bad side.
I actually already knew Hathaway got naked in that one (I keep up on the pictures thread)... part of the reason I wanted to see it.

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 06:29 PM
I have 20 minutes till the pizza's done... then, I'll check the poll and go with whatever is highest.

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Well, since no one is coming out in strong support of anything other than The Human Stain, I'm not waiting any more. Thanks goplaskdjakslhfjasdhfj.

Hammock Parties
02-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Well, since no one is coming out in strong support of anything other than The Human Stain, I'm not waiting any more. Thanks goplaskdjakslhfjasdhfj.

It is a true "film" in fine FMB tradition.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5577/monocle2vb.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 08:41 PM
goasdklfjasklfjaksdfj, good choice! :thumb:

You get rep. Damn fine "film"...

Logical
02-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Where is

"I have no friggen clue what those movies are?"

Fire Me Boy!
02-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Where is

"I have no friggen clue what those movies are?"
:hmmm: That option must have disappeared.

Here's an alternate list for the non-descriminating masses:

1. Top Gun
2. Die Hard
3. Demolition Man
4. Starship Troopers

Fire Me Boy!
02-23-2006, 10:10 PM
OK... When Will I Be Loved is seriously weird. Prozac Nation is good, but seriously ****ed up. And I noticed one thing in each movie...

When Will I Be Loved: Neve Campbell is a very good actress, and she has nice boobies.

Prozac Nation: Christina Ricci is not a very good actress, and she has nice boobies.

listopencil
02-24-2006, 12:51 AM

1. Top Gun
2. Die Hard
3. Demolition Man
4. Starship Troopers

2. Die Hard

Then, Demolition Man.

greg63
02-24-2006, 01:27 AM
The Wizard of Oz :D

Just kiddin; I don't know I've not seen any of them.

KcMizzou
02-24-2006, 07:47 AM

1. Top Gun
2. Die Hard
3. Demolition Man
4. Starship TroopersI heard a Gene Simmons quote last night. "Critics like things that are in good taste. Normal people just like things that taste good."

DeepPurple
02-24-2006, 10:33 AM
Only two of those I have seen, actually "I Heart Huckabees" I only saw the first half. That is one of the few rentals I had to turn off before the end because I couldn't take it anymore. It seems that producers have somehow gotten the idea that Dustin Hoffman is a comedic actor, but in the case of that movie everyone sucks. Human Stain I would give 2-1/2 stars out of 5 considering the average movie that's worth watching gets 2 stars. I thought Nicolel Kidman was mis-cast in the role, she did a good job but for me it detracted from the story because I've never pictured her as playing a slut.

I saw a movie the other night on Encore I haven't seen in 20 years and gets very little mention. That was "Body Double" by Brian DePalma, the same guy that did Scarface, Carlito's Way, Blow Out, Dressed to Kill, Carrie and Mission Impossible. It's a sexual thriller along the lines of Dressed to Kill, came out about 1984, so if your wife isn't into watching nudity don't get it. Recently I saw the DVD in the Walmart $5.50 bin and at Target for real cheap as well. It's better than Dressed to Kill, it has a surprise ending sort of like the Travolta film Blow Out that he made.

Fire Me Boy!
02-24-2006, 04:47 PM
I heard a Gene Simmons quote last night. "Critics like things that are in good taste. Normal people just like things that taste good."
Hey... I own all four of those movies. I have very eclectic tastes. I like a lot of the non-descriminating masses movies, but also truly admire indie films and the critics' darlings.