PDA

View Full Version : How much rent do you pay?

HMc
02-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Or if you own your home, how much rent would it fetch?

Include where you are and what your place is (number of beds, part of town, other shit).

Trying to get a feel for how much you guys have to spend on property.

HMc
02-23-2006, 08:08 AM
I didn't realise this would be so popular.

KC Jones
02-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Are you looking for KC in particular?

You know, some sites like thess may be a good place to start:

http://realestate.yahoo.com/
http://www.rentnet.com/apartments/home.jhtml
http://rentals.realtor.com/FindHome/RentalsSearch.asp?poe=realtor

Good luck.

Bootlegged
02-23-2006, 09:05 AM
$2500/month.

JBucc
02-23-2006, 09:08 AM
You can come live with me for free big boy.

jspchief
02-23-2006, 09:09 AM
I live in a 3 bedroom 2 bath ranch in a suburb of Des Moines, IA.

If it were a rental property, it would fetch $1100+ per month.

Bugeater
02-23-2006, 09:13 AM
In Omaha, a decent 3BR rental house will go for at least $1,000/mo.

Iowanian
02-23-2006, 09:27 AM
I live in a more rural area, so housing is more affordable than many other places. I own a home, so I don't rent.

You could rent a pretty nice 3 br home in my area for 5-600/month.

nmt1
02-23-2006, 09:48 AM
I live in a suburb of Richmond, VA and could probably get around $800-900/month in rent.
If you're interested in home values try this website:
Zillow (http://zillow.com/)

sd4chiefs
02-23-2006, 09:52 AM
A 600 sq ft apartment in San Diego is about $1200 a month. :eek:

Rain Man
02-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Denver.

If I rented the whole thing, probably somewhere in the vicinity of $2,500. That's not my own cost, though, since I've been in the house for ten years.

foxman
02-23-2006, 10:03 AM
$1800.00 rounding up.

If I were to rent it it would fetch $1300 probably

MIAdragon
02-23-2006, 11:25 AM
1200 a month for a SMALL 1/1 in Miami

joesomebody
02-23-2006, 01:15 PM
I pay 500 a month for the bottom half of a split level home. I have two roomates, one owns the house and lives in the master bedroom. The other rents a bedroom upstairs for 250 a month.

I get a huge bedroom with a nice bathroom (huge shower) off the bedroom. I also have what I call my den, which is a pretty large living room area with a pool table, two couches, chase lounge, my entertainment center and my beer fridge.

All utilities are paid including a high end digital cable package and Broadband cable internet.

This is in a suburb of Salt Lake City.

coach_L
02-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Right out of college I took my first teaching job in a small community in Republic County. The town population of which I was living was about 300. The house was a three bedroom, one bath. One bedroom was used to store an old lady's stuff to which the was owned. I'll never forget the day I asked landlord how much rent would be. He said, "forty dollars". I laughed and thought he was joking.

For three years I lived in that house and only payed 40 dollars a month. If it wasn't for those *%$# student loans I would have spoiled myself.

WebGem
02-23-2006, 01:20 PM
I live in a fraternity house, and my parents pay yearly. I think the monthly payment is like $600 a month during the school year and $200 in the summer. In the school year there is food provided, and it's not boring as ****. You can't say either of those about the summer though. If you want to move in, feel free, because the house is pretty broke.

SLAG
02-23-2006, 01:45 PM
In Lenexa I currently pay $730 for a 1200Sq Foot Townhouse 2 Bedroom 1.5 Bath.

Hoover
02-23-2006, 01:51 PM
bum fu@k Iowa

4 Beds, 3 bath, 2800 finished Sq ft

No clue what I would get if I rented it out. I'm sure not that much where I live, maybe 1000 bucks.

mike_b_284
02-23-2006, 01:55 PM
$525/month all utilities paid. add phone and internet $600/mo.

Eleazar
02-23-2006, 01:56 PM
In the northland of KC, decent 2 bedroom apartments in decent neighborhoods start around 500 and go to 750 and up.

luv
02-23-2006, 01:58 PM
1 BR, 1 BA
750 sq ft
Brand new when I moved in a year ago
Cable + HBO included
High Speed Cable Internet included
I pay electric which runs $25-45/month depending

$495/month

Rain Man
02-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Right out of college I took my first teaching job in a small community in Republic County. The town population of which I was living was about 300. The house was a three bedroom, one bath. One bedroom was used to store an old lady's stuff to which the was owned. I'll never forget the day I asked landlord how much rent would be. He said, "forty dollars". I laughed and thought he was joking.

For three years I lived in that house and only payed 40 dollars a month. If it wasn't for those *%$# student loans I would have spoiled myself.

Holy cow. What year was that?

Inspector
02-23-2006, 02:26 PM
$0

I'm a cash buyer. Don't like making payments on anything.

We restored an antique house several years ago and then made a killing when we sold it. Made 7 x's what we paid for it. So the next house was a cash sale. And no, I aint rich. Just had some luck in real estate.

kcfanXIII
02-23-2006, 02:36 PM
blue springs, 2bed 2 bath, apt, w/ fireplace, and burr oak woods right outside. 575/month

nbkc fan
02-23-2006, 03:35 PM
900 sq. ft in Corona Del Mar, CA - $2,250

Mr. Flopnuts
02-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I live in a more rural area, so housing is more affordable than many other places. I own a home, so I don't rent.

You could rent a pretty nice 3 br home in my area for 5-600/month.

This is gonna sound stupid but I can live with that. I live in Seattle, always have except for the rounds of wanderlust I go through periodically when I explore other parts of the country. In any case, I am only truly accimilated to the city way of life. What do you do out there in the most rural parts of the country for money? I know there are farmers, besides that though, it's beyond me how anyone makes an income. What do you do Iowanian?

PastorMikH
02-23-2006, 03:56 PM
I don't pay rent currently as the Church owns the house we are in. However, I do have to pay 15% social security tax on it's fair rental value thanks to Mr. Clinton. After figuring our taxes this year I have arrived at the conclusion that I should pay the church $50 a month rent - which is about what it costs me a month in taxes. It wouldn't help me out persay, but the church would get the $ instead of the government.

KCChiefsMan
02-23-2006, 04:54 PM
I live in a pretty crappy house (it was bad when I moved in) and it's 3 BR, 1 bath, unfinished basement, 1 car garage that doesnt work. $900 per month in Lawrence

KcMizzou
02-23-2006, 04:56 PM
$850 a month. 3br townhouse.

BIG_DADDY
02-23-2006, 05:04 PM
3 bedroom house San Mateo Highlands California $2,800 - $3,200 mo.

4th and Long
02-23-2006, 05:51 PM
A 600 sq ft apartment in San Diego is about $1200 a month. :eek:
My apartment has more square footage and I pay approx 56% less than you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!

:D

Rain Man
02-23-2006, 07:41 PM
This is gonna sound stupid but I can live with that. I live in Seattle, always have except for the rounds of wanderlust I go through periodically when I explore other parts of the country. In any case, I am only truly accimilated to the city way of life. What do you do out there in the most rural parts of the country for money? I know there are farmers, besides that though, it's beyond me how anyone makes an income. What do you do Iowanian?

He steals from farmers.

SLAG
02-23-2006, 07:42 PM

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

:banghead:

Rain Man
02-23-2006, 07:47 PM

It's probably not a good idea to get into a lifestyle battle with a guy who lives in San Diego.

KChiefsQT
02-23-2006, 07:49 PM
2300/month three bed/two story.

Iowanian
02-23-2006, 07:51 PM

I'm probably not going to divulge exactly what I do on the main board....I like to keep some of that stuff close to the vest. I'll say that I work in a technical and analytical field.

I've got 20 of the finest sheep in the country...when people from the coastal states come into town, some call me a pimp.

What do you we? Iowania is a pretty big place....We evun gots uh doctor down at the state learnin' school.

Doctors, lawyers, politicians, car sales, chemists, biologists, foresters, mechanics, salesmen, stock brokers, retailers........and the occasional death metal band.

Given computers and internet, there isn't much you can't do in Iowa, that you could do in Washington State, except things like maybe..being a sword boat captain....though I have a cousin who is a deep sea diver in the gulf. I know of a company in advertising that moved to my area to and out of NYC, has a building and employees nationally, who do work globally.

The new coming thing is in the alternative fuel industry...quite a few technical jobs coming to the state now for jobs in Biomass, biodeisel, ethynol and wind energy production.

Rain Man
02-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Oh. I thought you stole from farmers. My bad.

Iowanian
02-23-2006, 08:13 PM
I steal bikes in Colorado, sell them on Ebay and then vacation at all of Iowania's finest destinations the remainder of the year.

That....and shag wealthy widows for money.

seclark
02-23-2006, 08:19 PM
That....and shag wealthy widows for money.

hey iowa...grandma wants me to see if you'll hold her check till monday.

thanks,
sec

Iowanian
02-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Sec, I thought she was supposed to pay with eggs, a couple pounds of that bacon on the smoke shed, and 10 jars of those delicous jars of peaches she canned?

SLAG
02-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Sec, I thought she was supposed to pay with eggs, a couple pounds of that bacon on the smoke shed, and 10 jars of those delicous jars of peaches she canned?

She had to give them to me....

:p

Mr. Flopnuts
02-23-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm probably not going to divulge exactly what I do on the main board....I like to keep some of that stuff close to the vest. I'll say that I work in a technical and analytical field.

I've got 20 of the finest sheep in the country...when people from the coastal states come into town, some call me a pimp.

What do you we? Iowania is a pretty big place....We evun gots uh doctor down at the state learnin' school.

Doctors, lawyers, politicians, car sales, chemists, biologists, foresters, mechanics, salesmen, stock brokers, retailers........and the occasional death metal band.

Given computers and internet, there isn't much you can't do in Iowa, that you could do in Washington State, except things like maybe..being a sword boat captain....though I have a cousin who is a deep sea diver in the gulf. I know of a company in advertising that moved to my area to and out of NYC, has a building and employees nationally, who do work globally.

The new coming thing is in the alternative fuel industry...quite a few technical jobs coming to the state now for jobs in Biomass, biodeisel, ethynol and wind energy production.

Right on, I just pictured rural areas to be mostly farm land and not have a whole lot goin on unless you drove a long way to find it. I was out in Princeton IN about a year and a half ago and the closest city was Evansville. Kind of podunk and resembled a ghetto suburb of Seattle. Didn't seem like a whole lot goin on out there where you could make any real scratch. Sounds like there are plenty of other options though.

Iowanian
02-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Make no mistake, there is also alot of poverty in some areas, and there are alot of dead end jobs....working in feed lots, farm hands, low pay factory jobs, construction labor, and where I'm from...more likely the norm.

The biggest difference, and I'm sure there are many in the types of jobs....is the NUMBER of available Good jobs.

Money isn't everything...we trade alot of that for lifestyle.

|Zach|
02-23-2006, 09:57 PM
2 bedroom apartment. $630

DaneMcCloud
02-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey Aussie Man,

4 bedoom, 5 baths, 3,200 square foot home in the Hollywood Hills, about 3 minutes from Sunset & Vine (by car). We own, but it would rent for somewhere between $7000 - $8000 per month. Even if we outgrow the home someday, we'll never sell it. It could be an income property forever.

How much do you pay over there?