PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Chiefs

SLAG
02-24-2006, 01:53 PM
I love the Chiefs...

I was reading over on the SuperFans Website about how most them were little kids when the Chiefs won SuperBowl IV and how they became instant fans. I also listen to my wifes Grandfather tell storys of Old Municipal Stadium and how he toughed out the Longest Game Ever Played.

I was raised loving the Chiefs and I remember the AFC Championship game aganst the Bills, I could have swore we were going to the SuperBowl.

Now as a Father of two children I would want nothing more for them than the Chiefs winning the big one. That is something that they could hold on to, something to be proud of a tradition that could get passed on to their children. They are only 2 and 3 Respectfully, I just hope Lamar and Carl are sincere in bringing us some pride. I hear all the chatter about how $$ is all they care about, I dont care. I want the Chiefs to make $$$ but with that Cash I expect reuslts.

I dont know what it is, I feel we are so close to Glory, I can smell it, I can feel it, I can Breathe it. I wish the players were their biggest fans, I wish each and everyone of them has the Goal of True Football success.

Thanks for listening to me Vent and I wish all of you a Great 2006 Sesason.

GO CHIEFS!

MOhillbilly
02-24-2006, 01:57 PM
I want the Chiefs to make $$$ but with that Cash I expect reuslts.

GO CHIEFS!

Kieth Cash?

MahiMike
02-24-2006, 02:06 PM
My Dad and I had season tix the year after that win. I can remember sitting up in the nose bleeds BEHIND the only scoreboard. It was so cold and windy up there, we had trash bags for insulation.

Towards the end of last season, my 7 yr old (stud) son asked me, 'how many superbowls have the Chiefs won Dad?'. '1 son', I replied. 'Wow, when was the last time they won?'. I thought about it for a second and I said, 'Son, the last time the Chiefs won a superbowl I was your age.'

You coulda caught flies in his mouth his jaw was so wide open...

I hope for both our sakes we see them win before I die. My dad already thinks he won't live to see it...

Dammit Carl! :banghead:

SLAG
02-24-2006, 02:20 PM
I hope for both our sakes we see them win before I die. My dad already thinks he won't live to see it...

Dammit Carl! :banghead:

I Hope your Dad is wrong.

isnt it my understanding that the chiefs were really really horrible before Carl Got here?

Inspector
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
I remember that longest game so well.....What a heartbreak.

Jan was almost always money, but not every time........

HemiEd
02-24-2006, 02:27 PM
I am just hoping the Chiefs reach the Super Bowl before my Grandson is the age I was in 69/70. He is only 7 years short of that now.

SLAG
02-24-2006, 02:44 PM
I am just hoping the Chiefs reach the Super Bowl before my Grandson is the age I was in 69/70. He is only 7 years short of that now.

Remember its a 5 year plan

John_Locke
02-24-2006, 03:10 PM
I would like nothing more than for my son to be by my side when we win. He is 18 and doesn't believe the Chiefs will ever get there.

mike_b_284
02-24-2006, 04:05 PM
I love the Chiefs...

I was reading over on the SuperFans Website about how most them were little kids when the Chiefs won SuperBowl IV and how they became instant fans. I also listen to my wifes Grandfather tell storys of Old Municipal Stadium and how he toughed out the Longest Game Ever Played.

I was raised loving the Chiefs and I remember the AFC Championship game aganst the Bills, I could have swore we were going to the SuperBowl.

Now as a Father of two children I would want nothing more for them than the Chiefs winning the big one. That is something that they could hold on to, something to be proud of a tradition that could get passed on to their children. They are only 2 and 3 Respectfully, I just hope Lamar and Carl are sincere in bringing us some pride. I hear all the chatter about how $$ is all they care about, I dont care. I want the Chiefs to make $$$ but with that Cash I expect reuslts.

I dont know what it is, I feel we are so close to Glory, I can smell it, I can feel it, I can Breathe it. I wish the players were their biggest fans, I wish each and everyone of them has the Goal of True Football success.

Thanks for listening to me Vent and I wish all of you a Great 2006 Sesason.

GO CHIEFS!

That is the most bullshit I have ever heard you say. you lying bastard. you had never watched a chiefs game before 2003

RickObie
02-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Being a Chiefs fan is a funny thing. I'm 36, was born and raised a die-hard Chiefs fan. I live in San Diego now, I fly back to a game a year at Arrowhead, see the game here in SD and $$ permitting try and catch a game on the road somewhere. With that said I have this "better than you", "tradition" kind of attitude about other teams. I sometimes have to sit back and tell myself that we haven't won a playoff game in over 10 years, I have to remind myself of Elliot's misses in the playoff game, Elvis "deer in headlights" GrBac and the loss to the Broncos.

For me feeling so high and mighty we haven't done much in the last 30 years. It's about damn time we step it up a notch and bring the Lombardi trophy home to KC where die-hard fans (the best in the NFL), deserve to gloat for a year.

Go Chiefs!! Getter Done!!!

MOhillbilly
02-24-2006, 04:26 PM
to be fair the state motto says it all.

foxman
02-24-2006, 05:41 PM
I was devastated the first time we lost to Indi after a 13-3 season. That was our year and I still get a little bent thinking about that game. F*#^ Jim Harbaugh.

Anyway, I litteraly took some time off of football after that game. Since I have gotten back into the game my pasion has wained. I just am not sure anymore how to judge our team for how good it really is when I see teams that I consider lessor team's making the superbowl. It's tough.

blueballs
02-24-2006, 06:20 PM
I thought about cheating with the Patriots, but some how I thought Bruschi would know.

CoMoChief
02-24-2006, 06:27 PM
I was devastated the first time we lost to Indi after a 13-3 season. That was our year and I still get a little bent thinking about that game. F*#^ Jim Harbaugh.

Anyway, I litteraly took some time off of football after that game. Since I have gotten back into the game my pasion has wained. I just am not sure anymore how to judge our team for how good it really is when I see teams that I consider lessor team's making the superbowl. It's tough.

Not **** Jim Harbaugh, more like **** Lin ..........I dont know if anyone is allowed to mention his name on the planet or not.

wolfpack0735
02-24-2006, 06:30 PM
iwas born,raised and will die a die-hard chief fan. i have even brought up my two sons in the same way,or they better be or i`ll disown them. i am old enough to remember when they went to the super bowl. it was a family get together and it was something. the food,screaming and the emotions was a day i`ll never forget. i just hope i lve long enough for my sons to see and feel the samething.

Dunit35
02-24-2006, 06:35 PM
iwas born,raised and will die a die-hard chief fan. i have even brought up my two sons in the same way,or they better be or i`ll disown them. i am old enough to remember when they went to the super bowl. it was a family get together and it was something. the food,screaming and the emotions was a day i`ll never forget. i just hope i lve long enough for my sons to see and feel the samething.

Yeah right dad. You know I could take you.

kcfanXIII
02-24-2006, 06:38 PM
i am convinced kc will erupt in riots if the cheifs win the super bowl. i got my gas mask all ready to go, so the tear gas doesn't curtail my enjoyment.

wolfpack0735
02-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah right dad. You know I could take you.
where are you going to take me? cause it sure isnt down,kiddie.

milkman
02-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Not **** Jim Harbaugh, more like **** Lin ..........I dont know if anyone is allowed to mention his name on the planet or not.

That loss, like the rest of the 90's playoff losses, is all on Marty.

Joe Montana almost overcame Martocrity, but even he wasn't THAT great.

Dunit35
02-24-2006, 07:21 PM
where are you going to take me? cause it sure isnt down,kiddie.

Your lucky I'm 2 1/2 hours away from you.

DJay23
02-24-2006, 07:56 PM
I'd rather be a diehard fan of a snakebitten team like the Chiefs, than a bandwagon fan of any team.

HemiEd
02-24-2006, 08:17 PM

Is that 5 year quarters?

SLAG
02-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Is that 5 year quarters?

That may be what was in the fine print. :banghead:

HemiEd
02-24-2006, 10:34 PM
I absolutly refuse to start a T.O. thread, Raiduhs, so I am going to put it here. I just took a drive and heard on Sirius NFL channel that Carl is going to offer a 1 year contract to him. They also said that they did not expect his agent, Drew. R to accept.

SLAG
02-24-2006, 10:35 PM
I absolutly refuse to start a T.O. thread, Raiduhs, so I am going to put it here. I just took a drive and heard on Sirius NFL channel that Carl is going to offer a 1 year contract to him. They also said that they did not expect his agent, Drew. R to accept.

I hope Not

HemiEd
02-24-2006, 10:54 PM
I hope Not

The said the KC Star was reporting this news but I found nothing on the web site.

SLAG
02-24-2006, 10:55 PM
The said the KC Star was reporting this news but I found nothing on the web site.

Have we gotten the Official Word from Nick Athan?

:shrug:

HemiEd
02-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Have we gotten the Official Word from Nick Athan?

:shrug:

Need to check with a Premium member, if they would change the colors over there.

greg63
02-25-2006, 02:40 AM

ROFLROFLROFL

Yeah, but were in the fifteenth year of it.

greg63
02-25-2006, 02:43 AM
...I dont know what it is, I feel we are so close to Glory, I can smell it, I can feel it, I can Breathe it. I wish the players were their biggest fans, I wish each and everyone of them has the Goal of True Football success...

Better switch back to oxygen soon. :p :D

CoMoChief
02-25-2006, 03:08 AM
That loss, like the rest of the 90's playoff losses, is all on Marty.

Joe Montana almost overcame Martocrity, but even he wasn't THAT great.

A kicker missing 3 FG's in one game does not in any means fall on the head coaches shoulders. A kicker is one of those positions that is more independent that any other position on the field. He should have made at least one of those that he missed. They were all under 40 yrds if i remember correctly.

greg63
02-25-2006, 06:45 AM
A kicker missing 3 FG's in one game does not in any means fall on the head coaches shoulders. A kicker is one of those positions that is more independent that any other position on the field. He should have made at least one of those that he missed. They were all under 40 yrds if i remember correctly.

Man; please quit talking about Lin Elliot. You're making me have horrible flashbacks. :banghead: