PDA

View Full Version : "Word" Assistance

greg63
02-26-2006, 01:39 AM
I want to iron some text onto a shirt, but I don’t remember how to reverse the text so it won’t appear backwards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

...Then I got a phone call from my mom, and here are the latest details:

Mom is in ICU and stabilized, although she is still in a lot of pain. She went into shock in the ER and has been diagnosed with a blood infection. At the current time all her vitals are good.

Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

luv
02-26-2006, 01:42 AM
I want to iron some text onto a shirt, but I don’t remember how to reverse the text so it won’t appear backwards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Write it down on a piece of paper, then hold it up to a mirror. What you see in the mirror is what your applique should look like.

I think.

greg63
02-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Write it down on a piece of paper, then hold it up to a mirror. What you see in the mirror is what your applique should look like.

I think.

I want to print it off from my PC on some ironing (spelling?) paper and place it onto my shirt. But, I can’t remember how to invert the text.

BIG K
02-26-2006, 01:53 AM

I think.

I am sure we have discussed this before, but your avatar with the lab intrigues me. What is her/his name? Everytime I see you post, I think of 'our' lab Violet. My six year old daughter picked her out, well actually she rescued her from certain death. As much as I hate to admit it, our lab is pretty dang cool....We couldn't ask for a better dog.

luv
02-26-2006, 01:57 AM
I want to print it off from my PC on some ironing (spelling?) paper and place it onto my shirt. But, I can’t remember how to invert the text.
If you're using Microsoft Word...

Hit control + P to bring up print settings.
Go to Properties.
Go to the Basics tab.
Click on Mirror Image.

If you're not using Word, then I'm clueless.

luv
02-26-2006, 01:58 AM
I am sure we have discussed this before, but your avatar with the lab intrigues me. What is her/his name? Everytime I see you post, I think of 'our' lab Violet. My six year old daughter picked her out, well actually she rescued her from certain death. As much as I hate to admit it, our lab is pretty dang cool....We couldn't ask for a better dog.
She's a black lab mix. Her name is Sadie. She's my dad's dog.

DaFace
02-26-2006, 02:00 AM
If you're using Microsoft Word...

Hit control + P to bring up print settings.
Go to Properties.
Go to the Basics tab.
Click on Mirror Image.

If you're not using Word, then I'm clueless.

That setting actually is specific to your printer, not to Word. If your printer doesn't have a mirror setting where luv told you, you just have to use a graphics program (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.) to do it instead.

Check this out (http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T1139_Printing_a_Document's_Mirror_Image.html) for more info.

luv
02-26-2006, 02:04 AM
That setting actually is specific to your printer, not to Word. If your printer doesn't have a mirror setting where luv told you, you just have to use a graphics program (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.) to do it instead.
My printer has something cool like that set in it? Wow. I didn't realize that was printer specific. Thanks for the correction. I would have hated it if he tried that and it didn't work.

DaFace
02-26-2006, 02:06 AM
My printer has something cool like that set in it? Wow. I didn't realize that was printer specific. Thanks for the correction. I would have hated it if he tried that and it didn't work.

Yeah. The first page that comes up when you go to print (ctrl-p) is application specific (i.e. Word). The properties page is printer specific. Mine doesn't have any neat mirroring functions, but luckily I wouldn't use it much if it did. :)

Dunit35
02-26-2006, 02:17 AM
aWhen I first read this I thought you couldn't spell or something and needed help...Go Greg...

Bugeater
02-26-2006, 02:20 AM
Did you screw it up yet?

greg63
02-26-2006, 04:04 AM
Thanks guys for all your help. About 5 minutes or so after I posted this thread I got a phone call from my mom asking me to take her to the hospital; I just now got back. The hospital is going to keep her; they don't know yet what is wrong with her and there's no indication at this point how long they plan to keep her. Anyway I gotta go to bed. Night Planet. :(

mikey23545
02-26-2006, 08:56 AM
Hope everything turns out ok for your mom, Greg....

greg63
02-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Hope everything turns out ok for your mom, Greg....

Thanks mikey23545, Just an update; mom is in ICU and stabilized, although she is still in a lot of pain. She went into shock in the ER and has been diagnosed with a blood infection. At the current time all her vitals are good; thanks for your concern. ...Gotta go.

luv
02-26-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks guys for all your help. About 5 minutes or so after I posted this thread I got a phone call from my mom asking me to take her to the hospital; I just now got back. The hospital is going to keep her; they don't know yet what is wrong with her and there's no indication at this point how long they plan to keep her. Anyway I gotta go to bed. Night Planet. :(
So sorry to hear that. You should do a prayer request thread. Hope everything's alright.

greg63
02-26-2006, 11:31 PM
So sorry to hear that. You should do a prayer request thread. Hope everything's alright.

Thanks Luv!

Yeah; I think a PRT is in order.