PDA

View Full Version : Majestic Steakhouse

plbrdude
02-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Wife and I going back down to KC in a couple weeks for our anniversery. We stay at the Savoy and love wandering around the downtown. We've wanted to eat at the Majestic before but haven't had it work out for us. Question is: has anyone ate there, and would you recommend it. Also curious about the atmosphere, we both like to enjoy some live jazz, but don't want a drunken bar atmosphere. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

gblowfish
02-26-2006, 04:26 PM
My wife and I had our anniversary dinner there a few years ago. It's a very nice place. We thought it was pretty subdued.
Question though:
If you're staying at the Savoy Hotel, why not just eat at the Savoy Grill? It's one of the best restaurants in the city.

Skip Towne
02-26-2006, 04:28 PM
My wife and I had our anniversary dinner there a few years ago. It's a very nice place. We thought it was pretty subdued.
Question though:
If you're staying at the Savoy Hotel, why not just eat at the Savoy Grill? It's one of the best restaurants in the city.
Could he still wonder around town?

Bearcat
02-26-2006, 04:33 PM
As Chiefsplanet's official spokesperson on The Majestic Steakhouse, I would highly recommend it.

Seriously though, I worked there for a couple of years, and have eaten there a few times... the food is wonderful, and some think it's the best steak in the city. The main floor has a nice atmosphere.. the type for a nice dinner. The jazz club is downstairs, and you can either eat down there or go down after dinner to listen to their live music and drink. It's not a suit/tie required type of place, but it's nothing close to a drunken bar atmosphere either.

I believe on Sunday nights they have jazz on the main floor, due to a lighter crowd... it's lighter stuff (Brahm Winons (sp)) plays M-Sat as far as I know... he's opened at Carnegie before).

Logical
02-26-2006, 04:36 PM
I am wandering where he and she wonder to when they are downtown?

plbrdude
02-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Question though:

we'll eat at the savoy fri night, but we'll be hungry again by sat night!!!
btw we love the savoy grill

plbrdude
02-26-2006, 04:38 PM
I am wandering where he and she wonder to when they are downtown?
sorry i can't always make the correct word application :shake:

gblowfish
02-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Could he still wonder around town?
I wonder...
You could walk from The Savoy Hotel to the Majestic.
Another cool hotel is the President, which just re-opened and was re-modeled after 25 years in mothballs. It's really nice now:
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=121852

If you want Jazz, you could take a 5 minute taxi ride to 18th and Vine and go to the Blue Room at the Jazz Museum:
http://www.americanjazzmuseum.com/

Or take a taxi ride to Jardine's around 45th and Main by the Plaza.
Here's where to find out who 's playing where in KC Jazz scene:
http://www.jazzkc.org/events.html

Bearcat
02-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Also, the Mango room in the Town Pavilion building is fairly new, and is really good (and expensive)... I've never seen many people there during dinner time, so the atmosphere is pretty dead, but if you like jumbalaya, crab cakes, etc; it's worth it.

Phobia
02-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Damn. I was really hoping this was another "Happy Birthday Phobia" thread.

dtebbe
02-26-2006, 09:41 PM
I ate there back in Nov, and it was great. Wife loved it, and we had a great meal.

DT

Logical
02-26-2006, 10:00 PM
sorry i can't always make the correct word application :shake:I was just teasing you.

plbrdude
02-26-2006, 10:19 PM
I was just teasing you.

i knew that :) but i was admitting to my linguistic limitations

kregger
02-26-2006, 10:49 PM
The wife and I went for lunch on V-day. I had always wanted to eat there and did not leave disappointed. Seems like the kind of place that will always deliver a decent meal.

|Zach|
02-27-2006, 01:51 AM
Capital Grille.

Wow.