PDA

View Full Version : I think Grienke bolted...............

chiefqueen
02-26-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm watching the closing ceremony & ch. 41 came on with a news promo saying a Royals player has bolted camp. They were showing footage of Grienke so I think it was him.

tk13
02-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah, that's on the Royals front page and on the other Royals thread. Said he went home for personal reasons or whatever.

Bowser
02-26-2006, 09:25 PM
I heard on the radio coming home Friday that Buddy Bell and Grienke had a closed door meeting for nearly an hour, and Grienke was pissed when he left. Steven St. John from 810 reported that. Bell must have told Zach that he wasn't a lock for opening day starter. Or a lock for the rotation, for that matter.

leviw
02-26-2006, 09:30 PM
I heard on the radio coming home Friday that Buddy Bell and Grienke had a closed door meeting for nearly an hour, and Grienke was pissed when he left. Steven St. John from 810 reported that. Bell must have told Zach that he wasn't a lock for opening day starter. Or a lock for the rotation, for that matter.

...or a lock for the team. He's a talent, but he's a head case. I hope everything is okay, and this isn't a serious issue, but I don't know that he'll ever pan out. He got rushed to the Bigs too quickly, but I think Baird felt pressure to do that from a lot of different directions. I wouldn't be too upset if the Royals parted ways with him shortly.

All that said, I hope I'm very, very wrong and he wins a Cy Young in a Royals uniform.

chiefqueen
02-26-2006, 09:31 PM
OK, so Ch. 41 is using a spoiled kid's temper tantrum to get us to watch their news, as though all the "items" found in the cabin used by Manard & Young weren't enough to get us to watch.

tk13
02-26-2006, 09:39 PM
OK, so Ch. 41 is using a spoiled kid's temper tantrum to get us to watch their news, as though all the "items" found in the cabin used by Manard & Young weren't enough to get us to watch.
It's Jack Harry, you should know better by now...

Hootie
02-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Zack Greinke has left Royals camp and returned home to Orlando for undisclosed reasons.

Greinke had permission to go. "I talked to him [Saturday]," manager Buddy Bell said. "He's gone home for personal matters. That's all I can say about it." Sources told MLB.com that Greinke's departure was not the result of club discipline nor was it drug-related. "There's no timetable for his return," GM Allard Baird said. "We'll support him, and we go from there."

alanm
02-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Who's Manard and Young? :hmmm:

CoMoChief
02-26-2006, 09:54 PM

We have Kris Benson now right?

Bowser
02-26-2006, 09:56 PM
We have Kris Benson now right?

No.

He was traded to the Orioles.

:D

tk13
02-26-2006, 09:58 PM
No, that deal never went through. Kris Benson was traded to the Orioles.

leviw
02-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Got Joe Mays, Scott Elarton and Mark Redman.

Eleazar
02-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Baird was just on channel 9 again saying that it was a peronal matter, and that he had permission to go.

Karen Kornaki says she talked to him a couple of days ago, and that he is frustrated that he's not pitching the way he thinks he can. She says he lost confidence last year and is questioning whether he has the ability to pitch in the major leagues.

To me it sounds like a case of a kid who's been able to blow people away on pure talent his whole life getting to the big show and not being used to having such stiff competition. Hopefully he can get some guidance.

VonneMarie
02-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Baird was just on channel 9 again saying that it was a peronal matter, and that he had permission to go.
That's bullshit. Somethings up.

Eleazar
02-26-2006, 10:29 PM
That's bullshit. Somethings up.

Well, it was on video and came out of Baird's mouth, I don't remember him lying before.

JBucc
02-26-2006, 10:55 PM
he forgot to turn his oven off

HolmeZz
02-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Anyone have a pic of Greinke's hawt girlfriend?

Deberg_1990
02-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Great....looks like another promising young pitcher for the Royals going down in flames again.......how many of these guys have busted for us over the past 15 years??? Too many to count....

kcfanXIII
02-26-2006, 11:34 PM
i don't think its anything to worry about. if he bolted because of problems with the royals, he would be coming out and saying something in the media. no need to get upset over this. .500 was the best we should be hoping for anyways.

Sure-Oz
02-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Let's hope the dude gets his head back in the game....we will need him.

beavis
02-27-2006, 12:43 AM
Great....looks like another promising young pitcher for the Royals going down in flames again.......how many of these guys have busted for us over the past 15 years??? Too many to count....
Do you have to come in and shit on every Royals thread that pops up? I mean, the subject of this one isn't that great in the first place, but somehow, you can make bad news worse.

Braincase
02-27-2006, 06:27 AM
Well, Tiger's out on the PGA tour... but his hot wife is still at home in Orlando...

CoMoChief
02-27-2006, 10:33 AM

Karen Kornaki says she talked to him a couple of days ago, and that he is frustrated that he's not pitching the way he thinks he can. She says he lost confidence last year and is questioning whether he has the ability to pitch in the major leagues.

To me it sounds like a case of a kid who's been able to blow people away on pure talent his whole life getting to the big show and not being used to having such stiff competition. Hopefully he can get some guidance.

Karen Kornaki is a bitch, literally.

Eleazar
02-27-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm surprised that Deberg even knows who Zack Greinke is, since he's been done with this team for about 3 years now.

Deberg_1990
02-27-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm surprised that Deberg even knows who Zack Greinke is, since he's been done with this team for about 3 years now.

I love the team as much as anybody here. Im just sad that this organization is not even a shell of its former self. Baird is a "good soldier" but hes in way over his head. I want an owner that actually cares about winning, not trying to run the team on the cheap like he runs his retail stores. When i look at this team now it just hurts.....sorry if that comes out in most of my posts.

sedated
02-27-2006, 10:55 AM
I hope he's alright. He looked promising at several points in his young career.

But who knows what his problem is. The kid is a head-case. He probably went home to get his video of a white plastic sack fluttering in the wind.

Sure-Oz
02-27-2006, 12:19 PM
He probably went home to relieve some stress on his gf.

Demonpenz
02-27-2006, 12:40 PM
I can see grienke on all fours hopping around the mound. "They love you if you play these people are FAMILY"
"We kill these people my precious and take the ring"

beavis
02-27-2006, 01:37 PM
.....sorry if that comes out in most of my posts.
It comes out in all of your posts. We all know the teams sucks, we don't need you to remind of us of it 10 times in each thread.

Coach
03-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Well, I'm not totally sure what it is all about, but if he is unhappy that becuase he had to compete for a rotation spot, then he's just a prima-donna sissy. What makes him think he earned a spot, especially that he was getting lit up all over the place last year? Based on his performance last year, makes me wonder why he's having a cow about this? I wouldn't guarantee a 5.80 ERA pitcher an automatic job.

leviw
03-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Well, I'm not totally sure what it is all about, but if he is unhappy that becuase he had to compete for a rotation spot, then he's just a prima-donna sissy. What makes him think he earned a spot, especially that he was getting lit up all over the place last year? Based on his performance last year, makes me wonder why he's having a cow about this? I wouldn't guarantee a 5.80 ERA pitcher an automatic job.

I think it's unfair to call him a "prima-donna sissy" without knowing the details of what's going on. Baird, who has been nothing less than honest with the media and fans in his time as GM, has said it has nothing to do with baseball. Nobody is talking though, so as a fan, you're kinda forced to read between the lines. Sounds to me like he may be battling some sort of depression issue, but it's hard to know for sure. I hope he comes back and competes for a rotation spot ASAP.

Read this:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/13986241.htm

Coach
03-01-2006, 12:27 PM
I think it's unfair to call him a "prima-donna sissy" without knowing the details of what's going on. Baird, who has been nothing less than honest with the media and fans in his time as GM, has said it has nothing to do with baseball. Nobody is talking though, so as a fan, you're kinda forced to read between the lines. Sounds to me like he may be battling some sort of depression issue, but it's hard to know for sure. I hope he comes back and competes for a rotation spot ASAP.

Read this:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/13986241.htm

That's why I said "if he is unhappy that becuase he had to compete for a rotation spot". I knew that I have no details of what's going on, so that's why I didn't say that he IS a prima donna sissy, for no particitular reason.

If it's true that he is battling some type of a depression, then I hope that he recovers from it.