PDA

View Full Version : Howard Stern responds to possible lawsuit

Carlota69
03-01-2006, 02:43 PM
"Les always had it our for me"

Claiming that there was "tons of discussion" regarding how his satellite radio deal would be handled on his terrestrial radio show, HOWARD STERN used the first hour of his SIRIUS show this morning (3/1) to respond to the CBS lawsuit filed against him yesterday.

"There's a long history of him feeling that I was MEL's (KARMAZIN) guy," said STERN of VIACOM Co-President/Co-COO LES MOONVES. "LES is one of the most vain ... this is a guy who when the NEW YORK TIMES puts him on the cover of the cover of the magazine section, he spends a lot of time staring at it. He's not a businessman, he's a programming guy. While his radio division is burning, he's putting himself on a remake of 'Network.'

"I'm a fighter. I'm not gonna let LES bully me ... LES MOONVES has always had it in for me," said STERN. "LES is a strange man. You sit down in a meeting ... and I'm not sure he's comprehending what I'm saying. He started mumbling in this meeting. He says to me, 'I'm damaged. You damaged me.' I go 'how.' He goes 'My radio division isn't making any money right now.' I go 'LES, that's not damages caused be me. I'm allowed to leave.'

"LES kept saying over and over again in this meeting, 'It's not personal, it's business.' When a guy says it once, you believe him. When he says it fifty times, it's personal. When a guy turns to you in a meeting and says, 'And I had to learn about you leaving CBS on my BIRTHDAY...' what is this guy, ten years old?"

STERN claims that (CBS RADIO Chairman/CEO) JOEL HOLLANDER asked him at one point if he was talking to "satellite," and when STERN responded that he was, offered to "negotiate the deal." STERN said, "I walked out of there with my agent and said, 'What does he mean by that? Why would we want him to negotiate ... does he want to leave VIACOM and come with us as part of this deal?' I didn't even understand what he was talking about. For him to say he didn't know about this ... this guy was saying 'I want to be in on the deal.'"

Like The Ex-Wife That Will Not Let Go

"We had TONS of discussion about my plans," said STERN. "You know what they want? They want alimony from me. I said to LES in the meeting, 'You're like the ex-wife that will not let go.'" STERN added, "The fact of the matter is, the reason JOEL and LES put me on DAVID LETTERMAN and 60 MINUTES is because when I talk about SIRIUS, it was a big story and interesting and it gets ratings."

"For them to claim that they didn't know ... I've discussed my future with JOEL many times," said STERN. "JOEL didn't like the answer." STERN added, "If JOEL had ever said to me 'Don't mention satellite ... no discussion period,' that's the way it would have been. He was in on it. LES was in on it. They encouraged me. On several occasions JOEL told me he thought it was really funny. He liked the way I was handling it. After he suspended me ... we both had a conversation, and he said 'I like what you're doing. It's fine.'"

STERN took a call from listener KEVIN who asked, "I wanted to ask you if you heard that the BULLS are suing MICHAEL JORDAN because their team sucks and they can't win championships."

ROFL
CBS radio is shitting right now because their little plan to replace Howard is not working. David Lee Roth has taken a big dump is NY, and Adam Carolla, while a funny guy, sucks has a morning show host. Now they want to sue Howard becasue of some bullshit contractual thing. If that is the case, then why didn't they address the problem earlier?

I used to work for CBS radio and they are just a bunch of tards.

I'm glad Howard stuck it to them. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brock
03-01-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't know of too many other businesses where their top earner is allowed to just walk off like it isn't any big deal. Those people are just stupid.

Carlota69
03-01-2006, 02:56 PM
I don't know of too many other businesses where their top earner is allowed to just walk off like it isn't any big deal. Those people are just stupid.

Stupid and arrogant. These "suits" really don't place much value in their radio personalities and it has bitten them in the ass. Ratings in all the cities that lost Howard have just plummeted. It is actually very funny.

When I worked for CBS, my boss just decided that he didn't like me, so he fired me. Now I had the best ratings of the staff, outside of Howard, and I was never written up. They just made their decision on a personal level, which is what happened to Howard. I went to the competition and have been whopping my former employers ass for 5 years now. Howard is throwing CBS in a financial tailspin and it's beautiful. These guys at corporate radio are complete morons and are the main reason most people are going to satellite raio.

|Zach|
03-01-2006, 02:58 PM
I am still waiting for Stern to be funny at some point.

ChiefsfaninPA
03-01-2006, 03:04 PM
I wonder if they realized that stirring this chit up they are only promoting Stern and Sirius. But from the way it seems like it is playing out, they don't think things out too much.

StcChief
03-01-2006, 05:32 PM
F Howard. Really don't like him, don't think he's as good as he thinks he is.