PDA

View Full Version : How would no CBA affect the stadium renovation vote

Wile_E_Coyote
03-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Will people think the NFL is going down the tubes. The Chiefs will have to move to a larger market to survive, why waste the money?

Will people think we better get the stadium now with it's extra revune or we could be with out an NFL franchise?

Maybe a let's wait and see & vote again a few years down the road?

Phobia
03-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Clearly, the "vote no" crowd will milk the situation for all it's worth.

SLAG
03-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Steadman Said if it dosent pass then they would want a new Stadium... iif that doesnt happen then he said they would move

jspchief
03-02-2006, 11:10 AM
If the league agreed to what the players are demanding, the renovation might be less likely to happen. Lamar might rethink dumping money into it if the players are going to profit so much off his risk and expense.

Brock
03-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Who's dumb enough to think the NFL is "going down the tubes"?

Phobia
03-02-2006, 11:13 AM

Are you going to watch MLB2 - assuming they can't get the labor situation resolved?

ct
03-02-2006, 11:14 AM

Apparently just about everybody around here.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-02-2006, 11:14 AM

me

StcChief
03-02-2006, 11:16 AM

The folks that don't care if Chiefs stay/go. The non-football crowd.

They also don't want to pay more taxes for it and would vote no anyway

Uphill battle now to get funding for it.

What is the poll on voting margin now in KC for/against?

Brock
03-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Are you going to watch MLB2 - assuming they can't get the labor situation resolved?

What does that mean exactly? It's been pointed out ad nauseum around here that in the past 6 or 7 years, different teams have won world series each year. And it didn't necessarily have anything to do with how much money they spent.

Just because the Royals suck in a free market league doesn't mean the Chiefs will.

jspchief
03-02-2006, 11:21 AM
What does that mean exactly? It's been pointed out ad nauseum around here that in the past 6 or 7 years, different teams have won world series each year. And it didn't necessarily have anything to do with how much money they spent.

Just because the Royals suck in a free market league doesn't mean the Chiefs will.I don't care to watch the Chiefs have to trade away the football versions of Johnny Damon, Carlos Beltran, Jermaine Dye, etc, etc.

Can the Chiefs pull a Florida Marlins and win a Superbowl with a small payroll? Sure they can. Will it be exponentially more difficult, and will successes be few and far between? Probably.

I don't want a Marlins. I don't want a team that sucks 80% of the time, but has a rare shot at the pinnacle.

Phobia
03-02-2006, 11:27 AM

Just because the Royals suck in a free market league doesn't mean the Chiefs will.

I don't follow MLB because I don't view it as a level playing field. I'm not a Royals fan - never have been so it doesn't have anything to do with the Royals. I just think that if the NFL has another labor situation it will adversely affect their loyal following.