PDA

View Full Version : $7.4M down... around $14M left to cut?

phxchief
03-02-2006, 01:00 PM
That's if my math is correct (guesstimating). I'm not sure what hits we take with Shields or Stills, if any.

Holmes has the biggest remaining cap figure in 06 (of those who are in any risk of being cut) at $5.7M.

Mr. Laz
03-02-2006, 01:09 PM
i think they have already restructured a few contract as well ... so that 14 million left is probably quite a bit less now.

warfield, bell,barber,bartee,bober...

Sure-Oz
03-02-2006, 01:14 PM
so does this new thing mean no signings of FA's? what was the old cap or whatever, havent payed attn to this stuff.

Mr. Laz
03-02-2006, 01:18 PM
so does this new thing mean no signings of FA's? what was the old cap or whatever, havent payed attn to this stuff.

Peterson said in a story just printed today not to expect much free agency movement from us this year.

in fact he said that they chiefs had no plans to invite any free agents to arrowhead in the first part of the free agency period.

Mecca
03-02-2006, 01:22 PM
This is gonna be one damn exciting offseason.....

sedated
03-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Peterson said in a story just printed today not to expect much free agency movement from us this year.

in fact he said that they chiefs had no plans to invite any free agents to arrowhead in the first part of the free agency period.

rochambeau

the best free agents since free agency started, and we're gonna sit on our hands (after releasing half the team)

so much for that "window"

welcome to rebuilding

chiefqueen
03-02-2006, 01:30 PM
rochambeau

the best free agents since free agency started, and we're gonna sit on our hands (after releasing half the team)

so much for that "window"

welcome to rebuilding

No, welcome to developing players for Den., Dallas, Wash., & Houston

HolmeZz
03-02-2006, 01:33 PM
I'd just cut lots of ties today and start going in the right direction. Holmes, Barber, Wesley, Woods, Warfield, Bartee, Bell gone.

Gonzo
03-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Welcome to the waterhead portion of chiefs history.
Hey...we got that great coach though!!!!

Calcountry
03-02-2006, 01:36 PM
No, welcome to developing players for Den., Dallas, Wash., & HoustonNot if the small market teams boycotts the big spenders. Thats right, organized, I won't go to the Bengals home game when they are playing the "pigs".

Hydrae
03-02-2006, 01:37 PM
That's if my math is correct (guesstimating). I'm not sure what hits we take with Shields or Stills, if any.

Holmes has the biggest remaining cap figure in 06 (of those who are in any risk of being cut) at $5.7M.

Are you including the "unlikely to be earned bonuses" in your cap figuring? Without a cap, those have to be accounted for ahead of time now instead of the following season. In other words, those performance bonuses that we paid for this last season count against the 06 cap. But those bonuses that may be earned in 06 also count against the 06 cap, not the 07 cap (which of course doesn't exist). This is one of the things that has to have capologists around the league throwing their hand up in the air in disgust.

Sure-Oz
03-02-2006, 01:38 PM

damn this really does suck, atleast we wont here bs Ty Law and TO talk now. i guess..... :banghead:

phxchief
03-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Assuming the Warfield/McCleon cut is true, that cuts another $6.2M off the books, leaving around $8M to go.

phxchief
03-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Assuming Barber's cut is also complete, that means KC looks to be around $4.5M over the cap right now.

That can be easily wiped out with another cut or two: my hope is that they don't stop there. Get rid of a couple more contracts that are doing us no good.

TEX
03-02-2006, 02:37 PM

Yep, we're gonna stand pat witha team that didn't make the playoffs and have to cut some guys on our team that can still play. Usually a roster purge of this magnitude is reserved for a team that won the Super Bowl or at least has been a perenial playoff participant. Outstanding planning by our front office! :shake:

jspchief
03-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Yep, we're gonna stand pat witha team that didn't make the playoffs and have to cut some guys on our team that can still play. Usually a roster purge of this magnitude is reserved for a team that won the Super Bowl or at least has been a perenial playoff participant. Outstanding planning by our front office! :shake:You realize that about 25 NFL teams are facing the same problem, don't you?

The CBA not getting renewed is going to hurt almost every team in the league. The teams that aren't hurt are teams that don't max their cap out every year. If the Chiefs had done that you'd be bitching about that instead.

TEX
03-02-2006, 03:12 PM
You realize that about 25 NFL teams are facing the same problem, don't you?

The CBA not getting renewed is going to hurt almost every team in the league. The teams that aren't hurt are teams that don't max their cap out every year. If the Chiefs had done that you'd be bitching about that instead.

The CBA will indeed effect every team, however are only a handful of teams in the extreme cap situation as the Chiefs. And we did NOT max the cap out last year. So, go prophesize about bitching elsewhere.

sedated
03-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Yep, we're gonna stand pat witha team that didn't make the playoffs and have to cut some guys on our team that can still play. Usually a roster purge of this magnitude is reserved for a team that won the Super Bowl or at least has been a perenial playoff participant. Outstanding planning by our front office! :shake:

that's funny, I thought that last year everyone was screaming at KingCarl to spend more. "screw the future, our window is closing!!"

now everyone rips him for it.

ct
03-02-2006, 03:45 PM
that's funny, I thought that last year everyone was screaming at KingCarl to spend more. "screw the future, our window is closing!!"

Very good point. Too bad nobody will listen to ya.

jspchief
03-02-2006, 03:47 PM

now everyone rips him for it.Tex was screaming it the loudest, and now he's bitching about our cap situation.

He's talking out of both sides of his ass.

tk13
03-02-2006, 03:48 PM
The CBA will indeed effect every team, however are only a handful of teams in the extreme cap situation as the Chiefs. And we did NOT max the cap out last year. So, go prophesize about bitching elsewhere.
Now debating the merits of some of the moves is understandable, but we're cutting players because we've spent too much money and you're still saying we haven't spent enough money. That is not logical.

Mecca
03-02-2006, 03:53 PM
The only problem with this is one of the teams under the cap to bargain shop is the Chargers.......

Dartgod
03-02-2006, 03:55 PM

Welcome to ChiefsPlanet...

pikesome
03-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Very good point. Too bad nobody will listen to ya.

What did he say?

phxchief
03-02-2006, 04:05 PM
The only problem with this is one of the teams under the cap to bargain shop is the Chargers.......

They have their share of problems, too; the first order of business being the fact they have a complete unknown at QB.

ct
03-02-2006, 04:06 PM
What did he say?

Too garbled to make it out, and I don't read lips very well over the intranet.

pikesome
03-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Too garbled to make it out, and I don't read lips very well over the intranet.

I refuse to hear anything nice about CP, not that I have to worry about it. There is nothing nice to say about him, just ask around here.

htismaqe
03-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Welcome to ChiefsPlanet...

No shit.

It wouldn't matter what the team did, it wouldn't be the right thing.