PDA

View Full Version : Curiously speaking...

Hootie
03-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Would you consider Eric Warfield a solid tackler? Yes or no. This has nothing to do with his coverage skills. I just want to hear opinions on whether or not the guy is a good tackler.

Munson
03-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I would have to say no.

phxchief
03-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Yes: by NFL CB standards, he IS a solid tackler.

A little bit inconsistent and the coverage is debateable, but a solid tackler nonetheless.

Phobia
03-02-2006, 03:04 PM
I'd say he's one of our best tacklers.

jspchief
03-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Yes: by NFL CB standards, he IS a solid tackler.

A little bit inconsistent and the coverage is debateable, but a solid tackler nonetheless.Agree. He's solid, but inconsistent.

Mr. Laz
03-02-2006, 03:05 PM
yes .... when he feels like it

sometimes he gets lazy or is hungover ... then he's pure puss.

Iowanian
03-02-2006, 03:23 PM
I wasn't convinced he was a solid tackler as I watched him being dragged 50 yards down the sideline.

I don't think Warfield sucks....I think he's a decent #2 CB and should be paid as such. If he was signed as a FA by the Chiefs for half of his last contract, with behavior clauses....I'd be fine with that...

The thing is.....there are alot of guys that fill his roll, and have alot less Booze baggage on the market right now.

pikesome
03-02-2006, 04:46 PM

This is probably true and says volumes on the Chiefs' tackling.

JBucc
03-02-2006, 04:52 PM
yeah

sedated
03-02-2006, 04:53 PM
I say no.

I've seen him wait to run people out of bounds instead of taking them out.

And the Tiki Barber incidident.

He gets tackles, but that's because he has so many opportunities.

el borracho
03-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Warfield is a good tackler and might be more difficult to replace than some think. Of the cuts so far, including Shields, I think cutting Warfield hurts the most.

Molitoth
03-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Warfield is a great open field tackler.

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Yes, for a cornerback. Maybe that was why he played safety at Nebraska????

Cherryontop
03-02-2006, 05:43 PM

That is not saying much.
Who is our best tackler?

But my answer to the original question would be = no.

Archie Bunker
03-02-2006, 05:46 PM
I would say he is one of the best tackling CBs around. I am hopeful he sticks around if a new deal is struck.

keg in kc
03-02-2006, 06:28 PM
For a corner, he's a solid tackler. I don't know that I'd call any aspect of his game "good" or "great", though; he's an adequate player, nothing more.

Hootie
03-03-2006, 03:11 AM
Ok, I was just wondering because the forum know-it-all, halfcan, negative repped me for stating Warfield was a solid tackler and said, "Warfield a solid tackler? LOL what games have you been watching?"

I just wanted to make sure most of us were on the same page. I watched every down this year, like many of you did as well, and I thought he was one of our best tacklers. I also think he made many strides this year.

It's a shame we're going to lose him, in my opinion.

Darien25
03-03-2006, 03:48 AM
With Warfield it seems to be a game by game thing. Some weeks he's making plays and tackling good and then the next week he has mental breakdowns, gets burned and misses easy tackles. I would classify him as one of the Chiefs better tacklers but probably average or below for the NFL.

greg63
03-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Ok, I was just wondering because the forum know-it-all, halfcan, negative repped me for stating Warfield was a solid tackler and said, "Warfield a solid tackler? LOL what games have you been watching?"

I just wanted to make sure most of us were on the same page. I watched every down this year, like many of you did as well, and I thought he was one of our best tacklers. I also think he made many strides this year.

A word of advice: complaining about neg rep in a thread usually leads to more neg rep, but I'm probably not telling you something you don't already know; judging from the number of little red squares you're displaying. :shake:

jidar
03-03-2006, 08:41 AM
For the most part he's a good tackler. You can say the same thing about his coverage skills.

We're going to miss having him back there imo.

TEX
03-03-2006, 08:48 AM
For the most part he's a good tackler. You can say the same thing about his coverage skills.

We're going to miss having him back there imo.

I agree. It's not his fault that he received the huge contract that the Chiefs gave him. I think that's a huge part of why some get so down on the guy. Eric Warfield is a legit NFL CB and he was easily the 2nd best CB on the team by a long shot. Right now, the Chiefs are virtually in the same situation at CB as they were before Surtain arrived, except Battle is coming off a major injury and Sapp's a bit better than he was a year ago, but he's not a legit starter just like McCleon wasn't. Hodge is still raw.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-03-2006, 10:20 AM
I would rather Warfield stay, but it could be for the best. He just won't get the respect in KC & some of it is earned

ChiefsFan4Life
03-03-2006, 10:25 AM
He's a damn good tackler for a CB

KcMizzou
03-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Yes.

Munson
03-03-2006, 01:22 PM

I also watched every down this past year. It was outright pathetic watching Warfield try to tackle someone. All he does is either try to arm tackle someone, because he is never in position to make a solid tackle. Or he's trying to make a shoe lace tackle from behind because he just got schooled by some receiver. Its like he's afraid of contact. I'm not basing my opinion on last year alone. I've had the displeasure of watching him suck for many years. KC is much better off without him.

InChiefsHeaven
03-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Yes, for a cornerback. Maybe that was why he played safety at Nebraska????
DINGDINGDING!!

Being a Husker fan, I loved watching him hit. Coverage was definately not his strong suit. "Making" him into a CB in the NFL was a mistake IMO, but in the end, he has been relatively solid. Warfield hits well, and his coverage skills have improved, but he's not now nor will he ever be a #1 guy. I hate to see him go. I hope we can restructure his contract and bring him back at a more reasonable amount.

Hootie
03-03-2006, 02:27 PM
A word of advice: complaining about neg rep in a thread usually leads to more neg rep, but I'm probably not telling you something you don't already know; judging from the number of little red squares you're displaying. :shake:
You can neg rep me all you want, but I just found the one by halfcan funny. Of course, you and halfcan are the only two users who neg rep me, so I'm really not too concerned.

JBucc
03-03-2006, 02:29 PM
You can neg rep me all you want, but I just found the one by halfcan funny. Of course, you and halfcan are the only two users who neg rep me, so I'm really not too concerned.Dont' worry about rep. There was a time when I had as many red sqares as you. Once you get settled in you'll start picking up plenty of green squares. Unless you really are an ass.

greg63
03-03-2006, 11:55 PM
You can neg rep me all you want, but I just found the one by halfcan funny. Of course, you and halfcan are the only two users who neg rep me, so I'm really not too concerned.

I haven't neg repped you in a while, but I know that halfcan and I are not the only ones who have.

Halfcan
03-03-2006, 11:58 PM
EW is good at drinking and driving-but not football. Come to think of it-he actually sucks at both.

Halfcan
03-04-2006, 12:02 AM
I also watched every down this past year. It was outright pathetic watching Warfield try to tackle someone. All he does is either try to arm tackle someone, because he is never in position to make a solid tackle. Or he's trying to make a shoe lace tackle from behind because he just got schooled by some receiver. Its like he's afraid of contact. I'm not basing my opinion on last year alone. I've had the displeasure of watching him suck for many years. KC is much better off without him.

Well said. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Halfcan
03-04-2006, 12:06 AM
The only thing EW was good at tackling was a case of beer.

SLAG
03-04-2006, 12:06 AM

And that

Louis Vatton Purse..

Halfcan
03-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Once you get settled in you'll start picking up plenty of green squares.

That is about as likely as EW coming back.

Unless you really are an ass.

And this is reality.

RealSNR
03-04-2006, 12:18 AM
We've gotten a loooot of use out of him for a 7th rounder. Some good, some bad.

I would agree that he is our best tackler currently, but Kawika Mitchell was looking damn good by the end of the season.

Halfcan
03-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Tackling a guy from behind after he has burned you ten times in the same quarter does not count.

DJ and Allen were worse tacklers than EW??

SLAG
03-04-2006, 12:22 AM
We've gotten a loooot of use out of him for a 7th rounder. Some good, some bad.

I would agree that he is our best tackler currently, but Kawika Mitchell was looking damn good by the end of the season.

No Way No How The Best Tackler..

not 1/2 bad but NOT the best..

Jared Allen and DJ are better than warfield.... Surtain is top Notch... Knight started out pretty good and then fizzled off..

Warfield was Lukewarm all 10 games he started or something round

greg63
03-04-2006, 12:49 AM

ROFLROFL

With this he gave a Pro Bowl effort.

luv
03-04-2006, 12:55 AM
You're not as concerned about the rep as much as you are trying to make Halfcan look like an idiot. Then again you must care enough to make it public. I love these "calling out" threads. Although, there are several people here who agree with both points of view, so it's pretty much ineffective.

Anyway, I would have to agree that Warfield isn't a bad tackler, just very inconsistent.

greg63
03-04-2006, 12:59 AM
You're not as concerned about the rep as much as you are trying to make Halfcan look like an idiot. Then again you must care enough to make it public. I love these "calling out" threads. Although, there are several people here who agree with both points of view, so it's pretty much ineffective.

Anyway, I would have to agree that Warfield isn't a bad tackler, just very inconsistent.

Yep; I was really just trying to give the guy some advice. I, too, love the fact that he makes mention of the neg rep in one post and then tries to pass it off as no big deal in another.

Hootie
03-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Yep; I was really just trying to give the guy some advice. I, too, love the fact that he makes mention of the neg rep in one post and then tries to pass it off as no big deal in another.
Once again, I was trying to get other Chiefs fans input on whether or not they thought EW was a good tackler. It appeared as if the majority agreed with my opinion. However, several 'Chiefs' fans appear to have some sort of personal vendetta against EW and can't see that he had a solid year last year.

Now greg, judging from your posts you aren't very intelligent. Thus, I'm not concerned about the dozens of negative reps you've given me.

And luv, no offense, but do you ever post about the Chiefs? You make several threads, but they are usually pointless and have NOTHING to do with what well, anything.

milkman
03-04-2006, 10:17 AM

Half wit is just a moron.

He's a likable guy, but he ain't real bright.

B_Ambuehl
03-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Anytime a cornerback leads a team in tackles he's doing a pretty damn good job IMO and Warfield did it at least twice this year I believe. He did a helluva job busting up potentially big plays in consecutive games against miami and San Diego. Go back and look at tape of that game and tell me Warfield didn't add something to the defense with his tackling. Houston was another game.

If I was in charge of a football team I'd be happy knowing I have a guy that I can probably pick up for the league minimum that can be a solid safety until he's 38. He's got a lot more good football ahead of him if he moves to safety.....but as a corner it's gonna continue to be a struggle for him to cover guys down the field as a 30 year old guy who was never really fast enough to be playign the position to begin with.

Halfcan
03-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Half wit is just a moron.

He's a likable guy, but he ain't real bright.

Wow thanks for sticking up for me-that is the nicest thing you have ever posted-I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. PBJ

greg63
03-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Once again, I was trying to get other Chiefs fans input on whether or not they thought EW was a good tackler. It appeared as if the majority agreed with my opinion. However, several 'Chiefs' fans appear to have some sort of personal vendetta against EW and can't see that he had a solid year last year.

Now greg, judging from your posts you aren't very intelligent. Thus, I'm not concerned about the dozens of negative reps you've given me.

And luv, no offense, but do you ever post about the Chiefs? You make several threads, but they are usually pointless and have NOTHING to do with what well, anything.

You are laughable and ridiculous; beyond that you simply aren't worth responding to.

CoMoChief
03-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Id say he's an ok tackler. Not great though.

Halfcan
03-05-2006, 11:29 PM
You are laughable and ridiculous; beyond that you simply aren't worth responding to.

Hey that ignore button works great-try it, and Hootie will just go away.

Hootie
03-06-2006, 12:18 AM

So why are you responding?

It's always fun to deal with your type on the internet. You know, the ones with zero common sense. I bet you're the type of guy who is real sensitive in real life, heh?

luv
03-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Just like a guy. You pay attention only to what you want to. If you'd have read the rest of my post, you should have noticed that I was actually kind of agreeing with you. I just was agreeing with a few others also who said they thought he was inconsistent.

While I do not post much on the football threads, I do read them. You can ask most anyone around here. I may whine a lot and post about nonsense, but I am trying to learn more about the Chiefs and football in general.

You really shouldn't judge someone based on a few threads.

greg63
03-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Just like a guy. You pay attention only to what you want to. If you'd have read the rest of my post, you should have noticed that I was actually kind of agreeing with you. I just was agreeing with a few others also who said they thought he was inconsistent.

While I do not post much on the football threads, I do read them. You can ask most anyone around here. I may whine a lot and post about nonsense, but I am trying to learn more about the Chiefs and football in general.

He really isn't too smart, Luv; I tell him that him that he is laughable and ridiculous and to that end, only, he is worth responding to; and yet he asks why I responded.

greg63
03-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey that ignore button works great-try it, and Hootie will just go away.

You're right! Great advice; wonder where ya got it. :D :thumb:

Hootie
03-06-2006, 12:53 AM
He really isn't too smart, Luv; I tell him that him that he is laughable and ridiculous and to that end, only, he is worth responding to; and yet he asks why I responded.
Am I not too smart because I call you out for being an insecure, over-sensitive internet persona who lacks common sense, or am I not too smart because you've read all my posts (and I have the neg reps, all 309 of them, to prove it) and you've made an educated decision on the matter?

My guess IS, since you obviously lack self-esteem, you only type things that make you feel better about yourself, thus I conclude that your opinion of me is one of bias. Therefore, once again, you are a homo.

Ha ha. I make myself laugh.

Hootie
03-06-2006, 12:57 AM

I don't care to ask anyone anything. I have noticed in my short time here that you make many posts and many threads that not only have nothing to do with Chiefs football, but any sport at all. I would suggest you check out one of those 'dating' forums if you're really as lonely as you come off. I'm sure many people would LOVE to hear about your day, or your current state of mind. However, and I could be speaking for myself here, but I'd say most of us really don't give a ****. Now, halfcan and greg's input here is useless drivel, because I don't really think anyone pays any attention to those two. Judging by those who have posi-propped me, halfcan isn't the most popular little guy around here.

luv
03-06-2006, 01:01 AM
I don't care to ask anyone anything. I have noticed in my short time here that you post many threads and make many threads that not only have nothing to do with Chiefs football, but any sport at all. I would suggest you check out one of those 'dating' forums if you're really as lonely as you come off. I'm sure many people would LOVE to hear about your day, or your current state of mind. However, and I could be speaking for myself here, but I'd say most of us really don't give a ****. Now, halfcan and greg's input here is useless drivel, because I don't really think anyone pays any attention to those two. Judging by those who have posi-propped me, halfcan isn't the most popular little guy around here.
Congratulations on making yourself laugh by belittling others. You are truly a man to be admired.

You must not be into basketball. I've been posting on basketball all weekend, so try again. Go ahead, just call me fat, laugh at yourself, and get it over with already.

Hootie
03-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Congratulations on making yourself laugh by belittling others. You are truly a man to be admired.

You must not be into basketball. I've been posting on basketball all weekend, so try again. Go ahead, just call me fat, laugh at yourself, and get it over with already.
I wouldn't laugh at myself, I'd laugh with myself, and since this is my primary Chiefs message board, I tend to read threads pertaining to the Chiefs. Now, every once in a while I'll look into a few other threads if I'm bored, but mainly, just Chiefs threads.

And judging by your prediction that the Sooners, who just got demolished by Texas (and looked TERRIBLE), to win the Big 12 Tourney, I'd suggest you'd stop posting on basketball...

luv
03-06-2006, 01:06 AM
I wouldn't laugh at myself, I'd laugh with myself, and since this is my primary Chiefs message board, I tend to read threads pertaining to the Chiefs. Now, every once in a while I'll look into a few other threads if I'm bored, but mainly, just Chiefs threads.

And judging by your prediction that the Sooners, who just got demolished by Texas (and looked TERRIBLE), to win the Big 12 Tourney, I'd suggest you'd stop posting on basketball...
I was also for UNC beating Duke. You failed to mention that while putting me down.

Hootie
03-06-2006, 01:10 AM
I was also for UNC beating Duke. You failed to mention that while putting me down.
Jesus Christ lady...

I'm making some cookies, would you like one? I mean honestly...

luv
03-06-2006, 01:12 AM
Jesus Christ lady...

I'm making some cookies, would you like one? I mean honestly...
No thanks.

Hootie
03-06-2006, 01:13 AM
No thanks.
on another one of those two day diets?!

luv
03-06-2006, 01:14 AM
on another one of those two day diets?!
No.

Nightwish
03-06-2006, 01:14 AM
I'd say he's average. He gets some really good shots now and then, and some good grabs, but he spices them up with major whiffs from time to time.