PDA

View Full Version : It's Official.....CHIEFS TERMINATE CONTRACTS OF BARBER, McCLEON, STILLS AND WARFIELD

SquirrellyBastard
03-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Thought it was about time we had an "official" cut thread..

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/03/02/chiefs_terminate_contracts_of_barber_mccleon_stills_and_warfield_1/

mac58
03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
shields still a chief

phxchief
03-02-2006, 03:33 PM
About time?

We already have an "official" announcement and the discussion is underway.

ChiefsfaninPA
03-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Whats that smell........................smells like a repost.

Wa-Z
03-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Hopefully they work out a deal with Shields...I guess we are still about 12 mil over though.

SquirrellyBastard
03-02-2006, 03:35 PM
About time?

We already have an "official" announcement and the discussion is underway.

Hell, I only found threads that had one or two names listed in the header, with the rest of the players scattered throughout.

Wa-Z
03-02-2006, 03:36 PM
How come Bell isn't cut??

Bwana
03-02-2006, 03:37 PM

phxchief
03-02-2006, 03:39 PM

Restructure?

He will be later?

10pm (ET) is the deadline.

chiefs4me
03-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Thought it was about time we had an "official" cut thread..

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/03/02/chiefs_terminate_contracts_of_barber_mccleon_stills_and_warfield_1/

A cut thread?? What ya gonna cut???:D

tk13
03-02-2006, 03:41 PM
The day is still young, there is much blood to be shed.

listopencil
03-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Bump.

Donger
03-02-2006, 03:55 PM

Good lord.

pikesome
03-02-2006, 03:57 PM

I've got a tooth ache, you need to stop posting shit this funny. ROFL

RINGLEADER
03-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Can't wait until Manning or Harrison has to go...damn this is exciting in a pissing blood kind of way...

kcfanintitanhell
03-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I've been trying for the past half hour to get on kcchiefs.com and am unable to. Apparently the server, being used to a lower traffic volume, is having some difficulty accomodating the 10 or so people now trying to get on the site.

sedated
03-02-2006, 04:30 PM

:$2500:

I had no idea people so dumb still existed.

this natural selection sh!t clearly isn't working.

Ms. McDumb!tch, "cut" refers to releasing a professional football player from their contract, in this case to get the team's payroll under the salary cap.

Thig Lyfe
03-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Now what are we gonna do without McCleon...

Rausch
03-02-2006, 04:47 PM

Force a punt on 3rd down?...

Bootlegged
03-02-2006, 04:49 PM
There is a God. Dexter, nothing personal man, but get the phuk outta town. Warfield, this Bud's for you. Barber & Stills, best of luck.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
03-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Force a punt on 3rd down?...

Who the hell punts on 3rd down?

RINGLEADER
03-02-2006, 05:10 PM
There is a God. Dexter, nothing personal man, but get the phuk outta town. Warfield, this Bud's for you. Barber & Stills, best of luck.

Yeah, the Shields thing freaked me (even if he does decide to retire), but these other guys are no big deal. Only thing that could make it better is if we jettison Woods...

Rain Man
03-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Am I the only one bummed about Warfield?

Wile_E_Coyote
03-02-2006, 05:16 PM

no

chiefqueen
03-02-2006, 05:23 PM

Apparently moves can be "undone".......

Updated: March 2, 2006, 5:50 PM ET
NFL owners delay free agency three days

ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- A few hours after NFL owners rejected a proposal from the players' union, the league extended its deadline for free agency by three days and resumed talks aimed at an extension of the collective bargaining agreement. The breakthrough came with a mutual agreement between the NFL and the NFL Players Association Thursday afternoon. Things had looked bleak Thursday morning when owners rejected the union's latest proposal. No new talks were scheduled. While the owners were willing to give the players 56.2 percent of total revenues, the players were asking for 60 percent along with a revenue sharing formula among owners. Now, there is a little breathing room to try to do a deal.The owners' vote to reject a union proposal after a 57-minute meeting earlier in the day had seemed to end 13 years of labor peace. The action left the salary cap at $94.5 million for the start of free agency, which had been scheduled to begin Friday. Without a new deal, teams that expected a cap about $10 million higher would have to cut players to become cap compliant, casting more players onto the market, but leaving little cap space to sign them. That deadline has been pushed back until 6 p.m. ET Sunday.A high-level source with one NFL team told ESPN.com the league has informed teams that any player placed on waivers during this period of uncertainty can be recalled from waivers until there is more clarity about the pending free-agency period. Cuts could also have an impact on the best players in the free-agent class, led by two running backs: NFL MVP Shaun Alexander (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5048) of Seattle and Edgerrin James (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4652) of Indianapolis. They will certainly find fewer buyers and less money available, although two of the teams with a lot of cap room are Minnesota and Arizona, who could certainly use the two backs or Baltimore's Jamal Lewis (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5034), another running back.The quick action by the owners, who affirmed their management council's rejection of the union's last offer, cast a pall around the league as general managers struggled to find cap room and agents tried to figure out how to sell clients in a market with less money and a potential glut of players."The situation is about as dire as dire can be," commissioner Paul Tagliabue said after a meeting so short that a lot of people who expected a 12-hour session arrived after most of the owners had departed the New York hotel where they met, braving a mix of ice and snow to try to get home quickly.Agents and even some league officials held out hope for a last-minute agreement or an extension of the free-agent deadline, and the three-day delay may be a sign that something is in the works."I won't come down," said Gene Upshaw, executive director of the NFL Players Association, who is asking for 60 percent of league revenue for players, four percentage points more than the owners are offering. "The players know that. Only the owners can make a proposal."That the situation seems so dire is unusual in that there are two years left on the labor agreement first signed in 1993 and extended continually before the deadline.Unless there is an agreement, there will be no salary cap in 2007, which could create big-spending "haves" and low-revenue "have-nots," a situation that has prevailed in other sports such as baseball. That also has traps for teams and players: A player would be eligible for free agency only after six years instead of the current four, there would be no salary minimum, and annual raises would be limited to 30 percent.That is complicated by an internal dispute over revenue sharing between big- and small-money teams, a battle that has accelerated as outside revenue has increased from sources from stadium naming rights to local radio. That money is expected to be included in the new labor contract for the first time.Upshaw contends that internal dispute should be settled before the labor agreement is reached, but the owners didn't even discuss it Thursday."Sure we should discuss it," said Buffalo owner Ralph Wilson, one of the have-nots. "But we didn't."The ramifications for this year go beyond free agency. Cap problems will make it hard for teams to sign their draft picks, especially the high ones."We can always find creative ways to do things," said Leigh Steinberg, the agent for Southern California quarterback Matt Leinart, who is expected to be chosen no later than third in the draft."But I hope by draft time we will be beyond that. As teams peer into the abyss, as they peer into the apocalypse, sanity will return. When the NFLPA and management truly recognize the nature of no agreement, their intelligence and rationality will force them into making a deal." The Associated Press, senior NFL writer John Clayton and ESPN's Chris Mortensen contributed to this report.

chiefs4me
03-02-2006, 05:36 PM

Ms. McDumb!tch, "cut" refers to releasing a professional football player from their contract, in this case to get the team's payroll under the salary cap.

ROFL...you dumbass, it was a joke, are you to stupid to see that????:rolleyes:

chiefs4me
03-02-2006, 05:38 PM

I'll also wager I knew what "cut" in sports terms was before you were even born......ROFL

chefsos
03-02-2006, 05:49 PM
I'll also wager I knew what "cut" in sports terms was before you were even born......ROFL
Never saw a female break out the "age" smack before. It's a changing world.

Thig Lyfe
03-02-2006, 06:04 PM

then you're to retarted too realize it wasn't funny. genious. :rolleyes:

Chief Roundup
03-02-2006, 06:22 PM
According to espn we are still 11.9 mil over YeeeeHaa

sedated
03-03-2006, 10:53 AM

I guess it just blended in with all the other dumb, ignorant, un-funny things you say on a daily basis. my mistake.

htismaqe
03-03-2006, 11:06 AM
According to espn we are still 11.9 mil over YeeeeHaa

That's because TECHNICALLY anybody that was cut yesterday could be recalled with no cap penalty.

I would encourage you to IGNORE anybody that says they have the slightest clue what teams' cap numbers are right now.

KCTitus
03-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Who the hell punts on 3rd down?
ROFL

RedThat
03-03-2006, 11:36 AM

We have to sign Benny Sapp and DeWayne Washington immediately!