Demonpenz
03-02-2006, 11:21 PM
all the telephone lines are down

Hammock Parties
03-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Really? It's dry here.

StcChief
03-02-2006, 11:29 PM
SRV best thing to come out of Texas in a long time.

Demonpenz
03-02-2006, 11:30 PM
i am trying to bend that far on my washburn, alittle hard when it is on fret 18 on an acustic

CHIEF4EVER
03-03-2006, 12:23 AM
I've always been a huge Stevie Ray Vaughn fan. His death was a tragedy.

Ebolapox
03-03-2006, 12:43 AM
flood waters keep a-rooooolllling...

-EB-

Skyy God
03-03-2006, 05:04 AM
And I’ve been tryin’ to call my baby....lord and I can’t get a single sound

greg63
03-03-2006, 05:53 AM
I don't know the words; I'm such a recluse.:deevee:

Dave Lane
03-03-2006, 06:11 AM

Stevie Raye is dead? And Athan just reported he'd been cut too. Wow poor FDE I didn't know.

Dave

Braincase
03-03-2006, 06:58 AM

Especially considering he had just cleaned up and was playing crisprer and cleaner than he ever had.

CHIEF4EVER
03-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Especially considering he had just cleaned up and was playing crisprer and cleaner than he ever had.

No doubt. Seems like the great ones always die prematurely. I wonder if his brother is doing any good? Haven't heard anything about him in a great while.

StcChief
03-03-2006, 07:44 AM

The chopper from Alpine in Wisconsin....

Anybody remember who was suppose to be on the chopper there with him?????

Eric Clapton..... they were touring together.

Lzen
03-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Funny, I just brought my SRV and Double Trouble Live Alive cd to work with me today. Great stuff. :thumb:

StcChief
03-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Funny, I just brought my SRV and Double Trouble Live Alive cd to work with me today. Great stuff. :thumb:

Found the infamous SRV 'Lost Album' on internet the other day very raw.
Always have a collection of SRV works in car or work.

JimNasium
03-03-2006, 10:37 AM
No doubt. Seems like the great ones always die prematurely. I wonder if his brother is doing any good? Haven't heard anything about him in a great while.
Jimmie Vaughans last album was probably his best solo work but it was largely ignored because he had changed labels and Artemis did a horrible job of marketing it. If you get a chance check it out as it is rock solid.

I'm a huge SRV fan. One of my biggest disappointments is not seeing him live. I had a chance to see him at the Jazz and Heritage Festival in New Orleans but chose B.B. King instead using the rationale that B.B. was old, overweight and that SRV would be around for a while. You know that rest of the story.

StcChief
03-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Jimmie Vaughans last album was probably his best solo work but it was largely ignored because he had changed labels and Artemis did a horrible job of marketing it. If you get a chance check it out as it is rock solid.

I'm a huge SRV fan. One of my biggest disappointments is not seeing him live. I had a chance to see him at the Jazz and Heritage Festival in New Orleans but chose B.B. King instead using the rationale that B.B. was old, overweight and that SRV would be around for a while. You know that rest of the story.

Never saw SRV.

Saw BBKing in 2004 at the STL Arch for free 100 ft from stage.

Could have seen JimmyVaughn with Bonnie Raitt gave tickets to MIL
since leaving early for vacation trip next day....
They didn't even go.

Still kicking myself about that with the damn ex.Wife. Bitch

BigOlChiefsfan
03-03-2006, 02:59 PM
I got to see him playing out at Sandstone once (whatever they're calling it now). Good show, as Charlie Daniels said about Elvin Bishop "He ain't good looking but he sure can play".

One of my faves is SRV's lead guitar on Jennifer Warnes 'First We Take Manhattan' off her 'Famous Blue Raincoat' album. Most excellent.

JimNasium
03-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Over the lunch hour I pulled out some Freddie King. It had been a while since I've listened to him but damn that man could play and was soulful to boot. He's my second favorite King behind Albert.

alpha_omega
03-03-2006, 03:12 PM
I think i will have to watch my "Live at the El Mocambo" DVD when i get home!

RIP SRV!

CHIEF4EVER
03-03-2006, 03:14 PM

I'll have to check it out (JRV's last album). What was your favorite SRV tunes? Mine were:

With vocals - The Things That I Used To Do, Texas Flood, Tin Pan Alley, Pride and Joy (all time favorite), Honey Bee and I'm Cryin.

Instrumental - Rude Mood, Lenny, and Scuttle Buttin.

JimNasium
03-03-2006, 03:18 PM
What was your favorite SRV tunes?
Ain't Gone 'N' Give Up On Love is my favorite.

Little Johnny Taylor told us so long ago
What about the midnight cryin',
wo that cheatin' and lyin'
What about the price that will,
oh surely be paid
Those that gave up on love,
love will have it's day
I ain't givin' up on love

:thumb: We miss you SRV. I hope you're having a blast jammin' with Jimi, Albert, Robert and the like.

CHIEF4EVER
03-03-2006, 03:25 PM
The cool thing about SRV was his ability to play not only Blues but he also had some Jazz guitar in his blood. Dude could positively do it all. And his tribute to Hendricks in Voodoo Chile was classic.

CHIEF4EVER
03-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Damn you Demonpenz! Now I broke out my old 'Couldn't Stand The Weather' CD. :cuss: :)

Went down to Tin Pan Alley
See what was goin on
things were still hot down there
couldn't stay very long

It was the roughest place
I've ever been
All the people down there
Livin for their whiskey wine and gin......

Bob Dole
03-03-2006, 06:08 PM
What was your favorite SRV tunes? Mine

Life by the Drop.

stevieray
03-03-2006, 07:24 PM

I thought he was three years sober.

stevieray
03-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Life by the Drop.

One of mine as well.

I also really like Little Wing and Couldn't Stand the Weather. Hard to pick of favorite.

Bob Dole
03-20-2006, 12:59 PM
While the telephone lines are still functional, Bob Dole is happy to report that he completed construction of his shiny new gondola earlier today.

JimNasium
03-20-2006, 01:12 PM
While the telephone lines are still functional, Bob Dole is happy to report that he completed construction of his shiny new gondola earlier today.
Served with Southern hospitality?

Rain Man
03-20-2006, 01:15 PM
If Texas disappeared in a big flood, it would create a great tourism harbor. Being a big gulf that's already inside the Gulf of Mexico would probably mean pretty calm waters. The cruise ships would love it.

Introducing Princess Cruises' New Four-Day Cruise

Day 1. Hot Springs, Arkansas
Day 2. Oklahoma City
Day 3. Roswell
Day 4. Juarez

Bob Dole
03-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Served with Southern hospitality?

Hell no. Let them build their own ****ing gondola.

Rain Man
03-20-2006, 01:18 PM

"Texarkana - Where the Rain Patterns of the South Meet the Flood Control Systems of the Desert Southwest"

JimNasium
03-20-2006, 01:54 PM
"Texarkana - Where the Rain Patterns of the South Meet the Flood Control Systems of the Desert Southwest"
SayWA?

Bob Dole
03-20-2006, 02:30 PM

We can only dream that our giant ugly ditches are as visually appealing as the average arroyo.

Bob Dole
03-20-2006, 03:21 PM
The big ugly bowls do empty out fairly quickly, though.

http://imageserver1.textamerica.com/user.images.x/17/IMG_510517/Big/_0320/T52006032012394974.jpg

JimNasium
03-20-2006, 03:52 PM
So do we get to see a picture of this shiny gazebo? I'd much rather view that than a picture of the Senator's mutant eyebrow hair.

Hawk
03-20-2006, 04:05 PM
I'll have to check it out (JRV's last album). What was your favorite SRV tunes? Mine were:

With vocals - The Things That I Used To Do, Texas Flood, Tin Pan Alley, Pride and Joy (all time favorite), Honey Bee and I'm Cryin.

Instrumental - Rude Mood, Lenny, and Scuttle Buttin.

Pride and Joy, Cold Shot and Texas Flood are my favorites.

Little Wing is by far my favorite instrumental.

I saw SRV play with The Who and The Fabulous Thunderbirds (Jimmie's group) in the AlamoDome in 1990. Awesome concert despite the cavernous venue. Unfortunately that was the only time I saw him live in person.

Cold Shot:

I really meant I was sorry
For ever causing you pain
You showed your 'ppreciation
By walking out anyway

And that's a cold shot darlin'
Yeeeeahhh that's a drag
That's a cold shot baby
We thought our love would last

(Not the same in print without the great and instantly recognizable guitar riffs)

Rain Man
03-20-2006, 04:07 PM
The first house my parents ever owned was right next to a huge drainage ditch. No concrete or anything, just a big ol' ditch that was probably five feet deep and six to eight feet wide. It was so big that it had a real bridge over it that connected our neighborhood with civilization.

Thinking back, I'm a little surprised that they bought a house in that location when they had an 8 year-old boy in the house (me, for those of you with short attention spans). That ditch had sides that were so steep that I never climbed in because I knew I couldn't get out, and it was only about 20 to 30 feet (or less) from our front door.

JimNasium
03-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Thinking back, I'm a little surprised that they bought a house in that location when they had an 8 year-old boy in the house (me, for those of you with short attention spans). That ditch had sides that were so steep that I never climbed in because I knew I couldn't get out, and it was only about 20 to 30 feet (or less) from our front door.
Perhaps it was a strategy.