PDA

View Full Version : UNC vs. Duke

luv
03-04-2006, 03:35 AM
How many people will be UNC fans Saturday night?

kcxiv
03-04-2006, 03:38 AM
NOt into College basketball like i used to be. Always liked Duke though, but dont really care who wins.

mike_b_284
03-04-2006, 03:42 AM
I hate both those damn teams. I remember when I was little duke beat kansas in a big game. I am not sure which one, I was probably 5. I don't like NC because when I was in school everyone liked them, and Roy's punk ass went there to coach. what a pussy.

Skip Towne
03-04-2006, 07:25 AM
UNC is nothing but a buch of hillbillies. Last year I saw one of them holding a big sign that said 'BEAT DOOK".

JBucc
03-04-2006, 07:28 AM
the only thing worse than a UNC fan is a Duke fan

phxchief
03-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Last year I saw one of them holding a big sign that said 'BEAT DOOK".

It's unfortunate that you're using this statement to show stupidity on someone ELSE's part, without realizing who it's really making look stupid.

Here's a hint for you: http://www.uncpika.com/BeatDook01.asp

DJay23
03-04-2006, 07:40 AM
I will be pulling for Duke full bore.

I root for Duke because everyone else seems to hate them and I don't like to follow the crowd if that's at all possible.

Bearcat
03-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I know people love to hate Duke, like the Yankees, and people around here hate UNC because of the whole Roy thing.... but I've always looked forward to these games. It's a rivalry that actually means something in the standings from time to time, and no matter what people say about the fans, the atmosphere is always great.

I liked Wojo when he played at Duke, but I've never really rooted for/against either team when they play. Looking forward to another classic tonight :thumb:

foxman
03-04-2006, 11:47 AM
I was a Heels fan growing up in KC and now that I am 90 miles from the campus I love em that much more. Fook Dook, never liked them and that rat bastage of a coach. I do wonder if Shanahan and Coach K have ever been seen together or if it can be verified that they arent the same rat. Maybe their rat bastage of a father spawned them both.

HolmeZz
03-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Duck Fuke.

Bearcat
03-04-2006, 11:53 AM
I was a Heels fan growing up in KC and now that I am 90 miles from the campus I love em that much more. Fook Dook, never liked them and that rat bastage of a coach. I do wonder if Shanahan and Coach K have ever been seen together or if it can be verified that they arent the same rat. Maybe their rat bastage of a father spawned them both.

Why is coach K a rat? ...or are you just saying he looks like one? :shrug:

leviw
03-04-2006, 11:56 AM
I used to hate Duke and UNC equally, but enjoyed watching their games because it always seemed to be a good one. Just a great rivalry.

But, when Roy got to UNC, I had no choice but to pick a team to cheer for...

GO DUKE!

foxman
03-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Why is coach K a rat? ...or are you just saying he looks like one? :shrug:

Are you serious? He has that exact same rat face as Shanarat. If they arent the same person or twins then there is some kind of higher power at work with some time shift paradigm shit.

banyon
03-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Dook is da debil!

(no, really. It's their mascot and everything.)

Bearcat
03-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Are you serious? He has that exact same rat face as Shanarat. If they arent the same person or twins then there is some kind of higher power at work with some time shift paradigm shit.

From what I understand, Shanahan's rat name is more than a look... it's personality.

I agree Coach K looks rat-like, but as far as I knew he was a decent human being/coaching figure.

foxman
03-04-2006, 12:05 PM
http://www.greysquirrel.net/pics/mshan.jpghttp://www.americanpopularculture.com/assets/Coach%20K.jpg

http://boulderdirt.com/images/editorial/thumb/shanahan_200.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/rcdfox/CoachKsanimatedseries.jpg

milkman
03-04-2006, 12:17 PM
From what I understand, Shanahan's rat name is more than a look... it's personality.

I agree Coach K looks rat-like, but as far as I knew he was a decent human being/coaching figure.

He's a prick.

Prince22
03-04-2006, 12:22 PM
I hate both of these schools. Obviously I hate dook a lot more. But what I hate more than anything is dukESPN's love affair. Seriously, can they shove dook down Americas throught any more?

Prince22
03-04-2006, 12:23 PM
I liked Wojo when he played at Duke, but I've never really rooted for/against either team when they play. Looking forward to another classic tonight :thumb:

See my forth pic down here. Wuck Fojo, that whinney little bitch.

Bearcat
03-04-2006, 12:41 PM
See my forth pic down here. Wuck Fojo, that whinney little bitch.

Went to the trouble of turning on sigs, and not only was the picture disappointing, I find out you're a Kentucky fan. :shake:

...and even though I see your point with the Duke/Vitale/ESPN love affair, watch college gamenight one night and tell me Kentucky isn't an ESPN darling. They could lose to Park Hill High School and still be #9 in bracketology the following week.

I like the idea of having their project for the game... having the different camera angles on different stations, and having the K-ville stuff on espn.com..... but it probably would have been better received if: 1) they didn't have 90% of Duke games on ESPN/2 and didn't constantly cover every move of JJ, and 2) they didn't have a UNC person write an article drooling all over how he now loves Duke.

banyon
03-04-2006, 12:42 PM
WV-Cincy is getting really good. 2 minutes to go 2 pt game. ESPN

Prince22
03-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Went to the trouble of turning on sigs, and not only was the picture disappointing, I find out you're a Kentucky fan. :shake:

...and even though I see your point with the Duke/Vitale/ESPN love affair, watch college gamenight one night and tell me Kentucky isn't an ESPN darling. They could lose to Park Hill High School and still be #9 in bracketology the following week.

I like the idea of having their project for the game... having the different camera angles on different stations, and having the K-ville stuff on espn.com..... but it probably would have been better received if: 1) they didn't have 90% of Duke games on ESPN/2 and didn't constantly cover every move of JJ, and 2) they didn't have a UNC person write an article drooling all over how he now loves Duke.

For the record, my pick of Jamal Magloir breaking Wojos back has been my sig for months.

Kentucky is not an ESPN darling any more than KU is. The UK-TENN game Wed was the most exciting game I've seen all year (And yes I watch other teams out side of UK). It was a thriller and dukESPN shows a 30 second clip then goes right back to JJ and puke. They didn't show any of the exciting dunks and threes by either team (and there were tons).

My point is does this game really need to be on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU. These schools don't even need to go out and recruit. ESPN does it for them.

teedubya
03-04-2006, 01:28 PM
UNC is nothing but a buch of hillbillies. Last year I saw one of them holding a big sign that said 'BEAT DOOK".

Are you sure it didnt say "BET DOOK"?

Bearcat
03-04-2006, 02:57 PM
For the record, my pick of Jamal Magloir breaking Wojos back has been my sig for months.

Kentucky is not an ESPN darling any more than KU is. The UK-TENN game Wed was the most exciting game I've seen all year (And yes I watch other teams out side of UK). It was a thriller and dukESPN shows a 30 second clip then goes right back to JJ and puke. They didn't show any of the exciting dunks and threes by either team (and there were tons).

My point is does this game really need to be on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU. These schools don't even need to go out and recruit. ESPN does it for them.

As far as Wojo, I was 15 at the time he was a Senior, iirc, so I saw him as nothing more/less than a fiercely competitive athlete with a ton of energy. Who knows, if I was older, maybe I would have paid more attention and seen a different side of him :shrug:

For the most part I agree KU & UK are both darlings of ESPN/Vitale, but it really annoyed me earlier this season when both teams were struggling, they totally blew off KU, yet kept asking "What about Kentucky?". I'm not much for complaining about my team's national coverage, but the entire KU/UK postgame consisted of UK losing and nothing about KU's strong win. It's almost like ESPN has been pushing for UK to get in all season, even though up until beating Tennessee they weren't a tournament team (and sure as hell not a #9), and if it weren't for the weak tournament field they still wouldn't be.

From what I've read, Duke/UNC happened to be on ESPNU's birthday, so it was a fitting game to experiment with the different angles & feeds. They've done similar things with college football, where they have the normal feed on ESPN and a behind the scenes feed on ESPN2. As mentioned before, I think it's a good idea, but having 8 different outlets broadcast JJ's Senior night may have been better received if they hadn't hand-jobbed him all season.

luv
03-04-2006, 04:03 PM
I know people love to hate Duke, like the Yankees, and people around here hate UNC because of the whole Roy thing.... but I've always looked forward to these games. It's a rivalry that actually means something in the standings from time to time, and no matter what people say about the fans, the atmosphere is always great.

UNC is ranked 15, and Duke is 1. I generally root for the underdog. Plus UNC has been on a steady climb recently.

Dunit35
03-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Man I don't know who I want to win. But I would like for the game to go into triple overtime with everyone fouling out. But I guess I would root for nobody. I don't care who wins.

ROYC75
03-04-2006, 06:05 PM
How many people will be UNC fans Saturday night?

Who cares .

Who cares on who wins ?

If it's not :KU:, I really don't care. :)

banyon
03-04-2006, 08:11 PM
looks like Puke came to play early. 10-2 Puke

schneider221
03-04-2006, 08:26 PM
espn is slapping every other rivalry in the face with this different camera view on every ****ing station. give me a break. if your lucky enough to have espn the ocho you will get to see the game through the refs eyes to see how many calls duke gets per game.

edit- and by every rivalry i mean in all sports. why cant we get a football game on 3 different espn channels.

banyon
03-04-2006, 08:33 PM
espn is slapping every other rivalry in the face with this different camera view on every ****ing station. give me a break. if your lucky enough to have espn the ocho you will get to see the game through the refs eyes to see how many calls duke gets per game.

edit- and by every rivalry i mean in all sports. why cant we get a football game on 3 different espn channels.

Rep.

It's too bad I don't get ESPN the toilet paper.

big nasty kcnut
03-04-2006, 08:43 PM
i want a view of the unc cheerleaders panties on espn 9

banyon
03-04-2006, 08:48 PM
listen to Duke Vitale on that steal by Melchionni. I think he's going to cream his pants.

Skip Towne
03-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Uh-oh, Royboy has his jacket off.

Thig Lyfe
03-04-2006, 08:54 PM
It's unfortunate that you're using this statement to show stupidity on someone ELSE's part, without realizing who it's really making look stupid.

Here's a hint for you: http://www.uncpika.com/BeatDook01.asp

Heh. Pwned.

luv
03-04-2006, 09:15 PM
38-37

Good game so far. Too bad the wrong team is on top. That'll change. :)

Reaper16
03-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I wanted to not watch this game out of protest to how ESPN is stretching the boundaries of the definition of the word hype.
But this is one damn exciting game.

luv
03-04-2006, 09:24 PM
I actually haven't watched a lot of ESPN games. I can't stand Dick Vitale.

Skip Towne
03-04-2006, 09:27 PM
I wanted to not watch this game out of protest to how ESPN is stretching the boundaries of the definition of the word hype.
But this is one damn exciting game.
Yes, it is a fast paced well played game so far. I watched the SIU - Northern Iowa game today and what contrast between the two games. I don't think those MVC teams can stand up under this kind of heat.

Coach
03-04-2006, 09:28 PM
51-49, pretty good game up to this point.

banyon
03-04-2006, 09:35 PM
pains me to say it...

but Roy has done a hell of a coaching job in this game.

tk13
03-04-2006, 09:39 PM
UNC just looks a step faster at this point.

Coach
03-04-2006, 09:40 PM
UNC just looks a step faster at this point.

I agree. Duke seemed slow/tired. They needed that time out, not only that they were slow, but they were getting hammered down low by the post players.

Skip Towne
03-04-2006, 09:46 PM
I agree. Duke seemed slow/tired. They needed that time out, not only that they were slow, but they were getting hammered down low by the post players.
Yeah, imagine that. Roy recruiting big strong inside guys. He's learning. That has always been Self's objective: to beat you up inside. Self beat KU up twice that I can remember.

Coach
03-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Yeah, imagine that. Roy recruiting big strong inside guys. He's learning. That has always been Self's objective: to beat you up inside. Self beat KU up twice that I can remember.

Heh, well he had a young team this year, but UNC has gotten better as the season went on. Of course, losing May and somebody else (The other name escapes me as of this moment), that Roy done a impressive job on just reloading instead of rebuilding.

Oh and that #50 for UNC could be a solid player for several years.

Saulbadguy
03-04-2006, 09:51 PM
I like UNC better. Duke is a private school with an overall shitty athletics program that only cares about basketball. Cameron indoor also holds more than Dukes enrollment, that's kinda funny.

banyon
03-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Heh, well he had a young team this year, but UNC has gotten better as the season went on. Of course, losing May and somebody else (The other name escapes me as of this moment), that Roy done a impressive job on just reloading instead of rebuilding.

Oh and that #50 for UNC could be a solid player for several years.

Do you mean the other 3 somebody elses?

Rashad McCants, Raymond Felton, and Marvin Williams all went in the first round of the NBA draft too. (they lost their top 7 scorers in total)

Coach
03-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Do you mean the other 3 somebody elses?

Rashad McCants, Raymond Felton, and Marvin Williams all went in the first round of the NBA draft too. (they lost their top 7 scorers in total)

Yeah, that's the other names. I kept thinking McCants, but I wasn't sure. I wasn't quite aware that Williams went to the first round. Felton, that I was aware of. I just couldn't recall the name or names from last year's National Champion team.

banyon
03-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Yeah, that's the other names. I kept thinking McCants, but I wasn't sure. I wasn't quite aware that Williams went to the first round. Felton, that I was aware of. I just couldn't recall the name or names from last year's National Champion team.

Williams went #2 overall in the draft even though he didn't start for UNC.

Coach
03-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Now Duke is making a game out of it. 77-74, UNC.

Coach
03-04-2006, 10:03 PM

I find that suprising. He must had one hell of a workout and some athletic ability showing on the NBA combine or private work-outs.

banyon
03-04-2006, 10:08 PM
clutch free throws by Frasor.

Williams ties it on a dunk.

They need a steal.

Reaper16
03-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I find that suprising. He must had one hell of a workout and some athletic ability showing on the NBA combine or private work-outs.
Really high cieling/potential

Coach
03-04-2006, 10:10 PM
2 FT's made, pretty much iced it.

Coach
03-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Really high cieling/potential

That too.

banyon
UNC probably just got themselves a 3 seed..

If Duke doesn't win the ACC tourney, they are now a #2 seed.

DOWN GOES DUKE!!!! DOWN GOES DUKE!!!!!

tk13
Great win for UNC. Rare is it that somebody completely makes Duke look like an inferior team... and they did that for a large chunk of the 2nd half.

Reaper16
It's at this point I think that if MU had a competant basketball department, they'd ideally have pulled in both Tyler Hansborough and Brandon Rush.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Vitale is now on suicide watch.

luv
03-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Vitale is now on suicide watch.
Cool, I'd love to watch that.

Skip Towne
Kobe went pretty high and he didn't start for UNC either.

foxman
Eat that Shit Dookies

luv
03-04-2006, 10:16 PM
83-76

VERY nice!

Saulbadguy
03-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Thank god Roy is out of the Big XII. We'd have lost by 30 today if he was still at KU.

luv
03-05-2006, 02:58 PM
UNC beats Duke, but's still ranked 15?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

Bearcat
03-05-2006, 03:00 PM
UNC beats Duke, but's still ranked 15?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

New rankings don't come out until Monday.... the only reason Duke was #1 despite losing to FSU earlier this week.

luv
03-05-2006, 03:01 PM
New rankings don't come out until Monday.... the only reason Duke was #1 despite losing to FSU earlier this week.
I see. I just noticed it showing the games they lost. It does say rankings through 3/5. My bad.

CoMoChief
03-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I really dont mind Duke. In fact I like Coach K alot as a coach and think hes the best in the game and maybe ever. What I dont like is someone like Dick Vitale having his cock for far up Coach K's ass as well as the whole Duke program in general. Vitale cant commentate any game without mentioning something about Coach K at least 20 times a game. It really gets annoying.

luv
03-05-2006, 03:07 PM
I really dont mind Duke. In fact I like Coach K alot as a coach and think hes the best in the game and maybe ever. What I dont like is someone like Dick Vitale having his cock for far up Coach K's ass as well as the whole Duke program in general. Vitale cant commentate any game without mentioning something about Coach K at least 20 times a game. It really gets annoying.
Dick Vitale is annoying no matter what game he happens to be commentating, IMO.

WilliamTheIrish
03-05-2006, 03:09 PM
I like UNC better. Duke is a private school with an overall shitty athletics program that only cares about basketball. Cameron indoor also holds more than Dukes enrollment, that's kinda funny.

Sounds like Notre Dame. I wonder when UNC or Duke will strike up their own national tv contract.

(not like they don't have one already...).

CoMoChief
03-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Thank god Roy is out of the Big XII. We'd have lost by 30 today if he was still at KU.

Funny how you complain about how I always say that Roy is a better coach than Self. Then you go on and say something like this.

Skip Towne
03-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Don't worry, Saul, Self has plenty of ass whoopings left for you guys.