PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 dark horse DE prospect.

Chiefnj
03-04-2006, 10:49 AM
During the college season I caught a few Rutgers games. Not a powerhouse football team, but Deron Cherry's alma mater nonetheless. Anyway, there is a DE on Rutgers named Neill who reminded me a lot of Jared Allen. Quick first step, nonestop relentless motor. I don't know how many official sacks he had, but he appeared to be in the QB's face on a consistent basis. Definately worth a fly if he's around in the 6th or 7th.

Chiefnj
03-04-2006, 10:53 AM
some more info on him regarding the 2005 season:

Neill, who last week was named first team All-BIG EAST for a second-consecutive season, was a defensive force all season for the Scarlet Knights. Neil, who also earned All-America honors (hm) by SI.com, ranks second in the BIG EAST, and fifth nationally, with 20.5 tackles for loss this season, resulting in a loss of 89 yards. The 6-3, 265-pound lineman is tied for third in the league and 20th in the nation in sacks with 9.0, and he anchors a defensive unit that is tied (with Nebraska) as the national leader with 46 sacks. The tri-captain leads all defensive linemen and is fourth on the team in tackles with 65 and has registered 24 quarterback hurries this season. Neill was a finalist for the Hendricks, Wuerffel and Awards and Recognition Association (ARA) Sportsmanship awards and a semifinalist for the Draddy Trophy in 2005. Neill was a Rotary Lombardi Trophy and National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete candidate during the regular season. He was named to the ESPN The Magazine District 2 Academic All-America team earlier this season.