PDA

View Full Version : What position would you most like to play in the NFL?

Bowser
03-04-2006, 07:40 PM
You know you have w!kk3d m4d sk11lz, and you missed your calling as an NFL Hall of Famer. At which position would your name have been immortalized?

Poll to follow.

Adept Havelock
03-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Owner.

All the money and fun, none of the pain.

Bowser
03-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Bench warmer.

I'm a man of vision.

Dunit35
03-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Free Safety..dominated in High School...

CoMoChief
03-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Strong safety or TE. I think I have the body type for it. I wouldnt mind QB either.

StcChief
03-04-2006, 07:57 PM
FS was always good playing the centerfielder.

Bowser
03-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Free safety, just for the opportunity to lay some poor bastard out.

Hydrae
03-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Fan

Phobia
03-04-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm a pretty good safety. Errr, I was a pretty good safety until this winter.

listopencil
03-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Outside Linebacker.

cdcox
03-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Heh, we have 5 "pretty good" safeties on this thread already. I wonder how many Carl would convert to corner?

BigMeatballDave
03-04-2006, 08:34 PM
QB. 10 years ago, I could sling it 50 yards. Friends I played with used to get pissed at me when I'd zip them a 10-yard quick out that burrowed into their chestplate...

Dunit35
03-04-2006, 09:08 PM

Lol...that is what it was all about back in high school.

JBucc
03-04-2006, 09:14 PM
I'd be a cornerback so I could see the look on selfish-ass WR's faces when I shut their ass down.

trndobrd
03-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Backup QB. I'm certain I could match Todd Collins streak of 29 consecutive games without a dropped clipboard.

Dunit35
03-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Heh, we have 5 "pretty good" safeties on this thread already. I wonder how many Carl would convert to corner?

Not me. I was a CB and got switched to safety before my junior year. I was the #2 corner and we needed a safety that could actually do his job. So they ended up putting a crappy corner in my place and moved me to FS. I always had to pick up his slack too.

Reaper16
03-04-2006, 09:24 PM
I've always been enamored with the Running Back, ever since my dad introduced me to football as a little child. That will always be my favorite position.

One look at my body, however, and you'd see that the likelyhood of me playing RB at even the high school level matches that of Dick Vitale calling an unbiased game.

PastorMikH
03-04-2006, 09:30 PM
DT or DE.

banyon
03-04-2006, 09:33 PM
I picked CB. But that's mostly because my favorite thing to do on Super Tecmo Bowl is to return interceptions for TD's. Sometimes I'd play whole seasons just on D (punting everytime i got the ball).

Hammock Parties
03-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Wide receiver. I'd be the first white guy to be a ridiculous showboat.

Rain Man
03-04-2006, 10:17 PM

Free safety, but for the other reason. I'd want to be the free safety who, when there's a guy beating his cornerback and the ball's coming in, and the announcers are saying, "Owens has beaten his man! He's open!", I come leaping in from completely out of the TV picture, intercept the ball, and start up the field as the ticked-off cornerback lays out the wide receiver with a wicked block and a million fans of the other team yell and throw their remotes at the TV and a million Chiefs fans leap to their feet and yell, "YESSSSSSS!" and it takes them a second to notice that I'm still running as I cross all the way to the other sideline while our middle linebacker lays out the tight end with a vicious blindside block, and seemingly trapped, juke out the center and left guard with a Dante-like move, twist through the middle of the field at top speed while our defensive tackle is gently shielding the quarterback away from me to avoid getting a penalty even though he's quietly trash-talking him and then engage in a foot race with the other team's superstar halfback and their plucky white never-give-up wide receiver who's an overachiever and who has an angle on me and we're running, running, running, and at the five-yard line the plucky wide receiver beats me to the corner and so I juke, take a hit from the halfback, and then the wide receiver gets turned around and grabs me too, but I won't be denied and with leg drive, forward lean, and a force of will so strong that it makes the cheerleaders swoon, I drag the two defenders into the end zone for the go-ahead score, and then stand up and simply hand the ball to the official with a wry smile while 80,000 fans go wild and the entire roster comes out to carry me off the field and the announcers say, "That is why this guy is headed to Canton".

But it's mostly for the chance to be that guy that comes flying in from out of the TV picture when nobody expects it and turns the play around. I love that.

Phobia
03-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Wide receiver. I'd be the first white guy to be a ridiculous showboat.

I know you're a little husky, but comparing yourself to a boat is harsh dude.

Hammock Parties
03-04-2006, 10:21 PM
I know you're a little husky, but comparing yourself to a boat is harsh dude.

ROFL

I am an attention whore, though. God.

I LOVE ME SOME ME!

Bowser
03-04-2006, 10:24 PM
ROFL

I am an attention whore, though. God.

I LOVE ME SOME ME!

ROFL

chefsos
03-04-2006, 10:37 PM
If any GM's out there are in the market for a...
too small (6'0", 220)
too slow (40 time? I probably can't make it to 40 yards standing)
too old (47)
too weak (Hey, I did bench 225- er, twice. Four years ago.)
teflon hands (The average quick pass to me instantly becomes a tip drill)
...Tight end, well, I'm your man. However, assuming this poll gives about a 300% improvement in all these areas, yeah, TE's the spot I'd like.