PDA

View Full Version : How do you do your taxes?

ZepSinger
03-05-2006, 10:00 AM
I've used TurboTax for the last 9 years, with great results. What's everyone else doing or using?

Z

JBucc
03-05-2006, 10:03 AM
I've used turbotax for three years now, but before that I went to H&R

Kerberos
03-05-2006, 10:10 AM
I've used Turbo Tax and its great.

I've used my previous employers accountant for free on them and they were great.

This year I used the Buisness Dept in the School District I work for and had the Buisness dept head at the high school do my taxes for free with FREE e-file and money was in my account in 10 days.

Just for concious sake I did my taxes on turbo tax to make sure I wasn't losing anything and cent for cent they match.

:thumb:

HemiEd
03-05-2006, 10:20 AM
I go to a professional bean counter. He does a great job and keeps track of all the details.

KC Jones
03-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Turbo Tax for feds and MO, KS makes a decent free application for their taxes. This year for the first year ever I'm letting my wife take a crack at it. When she's done I'll be going over it all in brutal detail.

HemiEd
03-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Turbo Tax for feds and MO, KS makes a decent free application for their taxes. This year for the first year ever I'm letting my wife take a crack at it. When she's done I'll be going over it all in brutal detail.

You are paying State tax in both States? I had never thought about that, bet there is a lot of that going on in KC.

DJay23
03-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Pen and paper; old school. A little elbow grease and mental exertion.

BigRedChief
03-05-2006, 10:26 AM
H&R Block. I feel it gives me less chance of being audited and having to find reciepts etc..

Bowser
03-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Very carefully.

Hahahahahahaha. That's good shit.

Bowser
03-05-2006, 10:30 AM
I go to a professional bean counter. He does a great job and keeps track of all the details.

Ditto.

Simplex3
03-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Same here. If I get sued I want someone standing between me and the IRS. Besides, if you go with an actual tax accountant the advice you can get about how to shuffle your money can be invaluable. TurboTax will never recommend the big things you can do to reduce your taxable income.

DaKCMan AP
03-05-2006, 11:54 AM
an accountant

it helps when said accountant is a family friend :-)

Boozer
03-05-2006, 11:59 AM

Ditto.

luv
03-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I've always done them on paper myself until last year. The last two years, I've used Turbo Tax and e-filed.

KC Jones
03-05-2006, 12:35 PM
You are paying State tax in both States? I had never thought about that, bet there is a lot of that going on in KC.

I moved to CO last year, so this year I file for 3 states :banghead: - but it's the last time I'll have to deal with MO, KS, and KCMO. Fuggin Jackson County made us pay a full years property tax on our autos even though we left the state in February. I thought about telling them to piss off, but really didn't want a warrant sworn out or an issue on my credit report.

cdcox
03-05-2006, 12:36 PM

That elbow grease would be better applied to dishing ice cream in such a way that there in an equal distribution of the peanut butter.

I've used complete tax the last few years, mainly so I can e-file.

HarryParatestes
03-05-2006, 12:40 PM
TurboTax...like the e-file option and it remembers all my 411 from the previous year.

People laugh when I tell them I'm getting less than $100.00 in refund this year.

They stop laughing when I ask them why they let Uncle Sugar borrow their money only to return it to them now..woth ZERO interest paid.

Mr. Kotter
03-05-2006, 12:42 PM
I've used TurboTax for the last 9 years, with great results. What's everyone else doing or using?

Z

Ditto. For the past 6 years, I think.

Moon§hiner
03-05-2006, 01:26 PM
I used Turbotax for years, but last couple have used TaxAct....free software and penciled out the same as Turbotax free online calculations...saves me 50 bucks a year... www.taxact.com