PDA

View Full Version : Who is your dream draft pick?

melbar
03-05-2006, 11:35 AM
I know some guys are outside the realm of possibility , Leinart would be nice for the future, but not gonna happen. Ditto D'brickshaw. I personally would love to see Huff, Ngata, or Mario Williams. I dont think Ngata or Williams will drop, but Huff just might. I love Huffs combination of smarts, hitting and speed. I really believe we're gonna go DB with our Coach being a former DB and scout and us needing D.

Frankie
03-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Reasonably realistic: Tamba Hali

Reaper16
03-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Pipedream? Yeah, D'Brickashaw or Ngata would be awesome.
Hali, maybe Huff, Bunkley, Hill, etc. are likely for us to pick. One to three of those guys should be there for us at 20.
I really like Huff, but can't shake the image of LenDale White pushing him aside like nothing at the Rose Bowl.

POND_OF_RED
03-05-2006, 11:42 AM
I would love to see A.J Hawk in a chiefs jersey.

58-4ever
03-05-2006, 11:44 AM

WTF? yeah, like we need another LB. I would love to see Hali in a Chiefs jersey. I think Ngata is going to be a bust. He has Sims/Siavii written all over him.

melbar
03-05-2006, 11:46 AM
I love a physical corner/safety, but the new rules in the NFL favor a faster finesse guy.I didnt think that could be Huff , but seeing him post a 4.38 at the combine has me believing again. He is also smart enough to be a field general for us the way guys like Hasty and Ross used to be for us.

melbar
03-05-2006, 11:49 AM
WTF? yeah, like we need another LB. I would love to see Hali in a Chiefs jersey. I think Ngata is going to be a bust. He has Sims/Siavii written all over him.
Ngata has better size , athleticism and skills than Siavii ever had. Besides Ngata is a top 5 talent Siavii was a reach in the Second.

LiL stumppy
03-05-2006, 12:36 PM
I wouldnt mind Huff. I think we will go for a DB in the first.

CoMoChief
03-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Ngata has better size , athleticism and skills than Siavii ever had. Besides Ngata is a top 5 talent Siavii was a reach in the Second.

I still cant believe we drafted that POS in the 2nd round. I read some mock drafts having him in the 4th round. WTF?

Mr. Laz
03-05-2006, 12:42 PM
the subforum police is gonna kick your ass

that's said :D

Rd 1. tamba Hali
Rd 2. brodrick bunkley
Rd 3. Kelly Jennings
Rd 5. Brodie Croyle

CoMoChief
03-05-2006, 12:44 PM
I wouldnt mind Huff. I think we will go for a DB in the first.

If Tye Hill or Huff drops to us, which I seriously doubt, then I say that we wouldnt think twice in drafting either of them depending on whoever is there, but I think H.E. knows that we need DL help if those 2 arent there. Letting go of Warfield and McPasson opened up a pretty big hole in the depth chart at the CB position. Although I very glad we let those pieces of shit go, we need more depth at that position.

Ahhh shit what am I saying, we need to fix the whole damn defense again!!!!! :cuss:

CoMoChief
03-05-2006, 12:47 PM

Rd 1. tamba Hali
Rd 2. brodrick bunkley
Rd 3. Kelly Jennings
Rd 5. Brodie Croyle

Thats a helluva draft. I would nut in my pants if we ever had a draft like that. I think Croyle and Jennings will go before that though. I dunno if I would rather have Rodrique Wright or not over Bunkley. If Wright could get his shit together, hed be dominating.

Otter
03-05-2006, 12:53 PM

I'll go with this pick. The DL has been a BIG weakness for way too long and Hicks needs to be moved to backup.

Wouldn't mind seeing another one of my alumni get a spot on the Chiefs Roster either. Still waiting for LJ to return my emails and invite me to one of his beach house parties.

milkman
03-05-2006, 01:59 PM

Rd 1. tamba Hali
Rd 2. brodrick bunkley
Rd 3. Kelly Jennings
Rd 5. Brodie Croyle

Not bad.

Here's mine.

Rd 1. Bunkley (he won't make it out of the first round)
Rd 2. Donte Whitner
Rd 3. Ray Edwards
Rd 5. Drew Olsen

tyton75
03-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I can honestly say I dont' care what position on Defense we draft, even if its a position of strength, as long as whoever we get is a guy the other team has to game plan against.. you know?

Husky4506
03-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Chad Jackson, he was a freaking beast at the combine

milkman
03-05-2006, 04:38 PM

Yeah, so?

Was he a beast during the college season?

Does what he did at the combines carry more weight than than how he played, and does it leap frog him over Santanio Holmes?

I personally feel that what these kids do at the combines, or in their personal pro days, is given entirely too much weight in their draft status.

Frankie
03-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah, so?

Was he a beast during the college season?

Does what he did at the combines carry more weight than than how he played, and does it leap frog him over Santanio Holmes?

I personally feel that what these kids do at the combines, or in their personal pro days, is given entirely too much weight in their draft status.
I agree. Between the two receivers I'd still pick Holmes.

CoMoChief
03-05-2006, 05:50 PM

You're a dumbass Chris. No way he falls out of the top 10. I would like to have him as well but its not gonna happen.

Rain Man
03-05-2006, 06:08 PM
It sounds like he's not going to be a first rounder, but I want Elvis Dumervil. It would help out Jared Allen a lot to actually have two people rushing the passer.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-05-2006, 08:58 PM
hali

chubychecker
03-05-2006, 09:46 PM
My dream draft pick would be Ferguson from Virginia. He will be a dominating player for years to come. I realize there is no chance he will drop to us however. Hali may be a little more realistic but he probably won't be there either. We could get lucky like we did last year. What about youboty (sp?) from Ohio State at corner or Harris from Miami at DT?

Tribal Warfare
03-05-2006, 10:06 PM
1)Tamba Hali

2) Gabe Watson

3) Brodie Croyle

Halfcan
03-05-2006, 11:07 PM

I think this is what we will end up doing if Hali is gone.

Tribal Warfare
03-06-2006, 01:23 AM

I believe KC will go for Broderick Bunkley if Hali and Huff are gone

Johnson&Johnson
03-06-2006, 01:49 AM
I know we have LJ and Priest. But I kinda like DeAngelo Williams. Whichever team pass up on this dude and let him drop to the teams at the bottom, would be reminded of a similar Randy Moss moment in 1998 (Moss was clearly the best WR that year, teams got cold feet due to the bad rep he got with his character...oh well, he went on to win ROY with over 1,500yds and 17TDs)

So my pick would be VINCE YOUNG. My theory about 1st round draft picks, always get the MOST talented player left on the board regardless of position (based on 4 year college skills, not crap from the Combined) filling team needs can come 2nd round onwards...

That was clearly evident when CP took the best athlete on the board with our 1st round pick in 2003.... despite having the PRIEST

Johnson&Johnson
03-06-2006, 01:55 AM

Chad Jackson has small hands... speed won't help you catch balls

If for any unforeseen reasons, we draft a wideout with out 1st round pick, I'm jumping on the GERM warfare wagon. Top wideouts from 2005 1st round were: Troy Williamson, braylon Edwards, mark clayton, roddy white, matt jones and mike williams...YIKES!

beer bacon
03-06-2006, 03:29 AM
Whoever did the best at the combine of course! Who was that guard that tied the record on the bench press?

ct
03-06-2006, 08:55 AM

ditto

I believe KC will go for Broderick Bunkley if Hali and Huff are gone

I agree, and I'm just fine with that. Would prefer they try to move back 4-5 spots to fill in that 4th round hole, maybe 3rd if somebody is desperate, then take Bunkley.

htismaqe
03-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Huff, hands down.

ct
03-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Huff, hands down.

I'd still take Hali over Huff. I say my 2nd option is to trade back to get Bunkley, but this assumes Huff is gone. If for some strange reason he's still there, with Hali off the board, I'd go4it. I just don't see it happenin tho ...

Frankie
03-06-2006, 09:38 AM
It sounds like he's not going to be a first rounder, but I want Elvis Dumervil. It would help out Jared Allen a lot to actually have two people rushing the passer.I hate his last name on a Chiefs uni. Fits better on a Donk or Raider uni. This way if he makes a dumb mistake on the field, it's us the Chierfs fans who will have fun with his name.

ct
03-06-2006, 09:40 AM
I hate his last name on a Chiefs uni. Fits better on a Donk or Raider uni. This way if he makes a dumb mistake on the field, it's us the Chierfs fans who will have fun with his name.

Perhaps we could just use a ChiefsPlanet lexicon misspelling?

DOOMervil

Frankie
03-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Perhaps we could just use a ChiefsPlanet lexicon misspelling?

DOOMervil
Is it actually how it's pronounced? I've been pronouncing it "dumber"vil. :hmmm:

ct
03-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Is it actually how it's pronounced? I've been pronouncing it "dumber"vil. :hmmm:

no idea, just bein a wise guy

Mr. Laz
03-06-2006, 10:35 AM

it's Doom ER ville

jspchief
03-06-2006, 10:40 AM
My dream pick is Huff. Hands down.

After that, my wish list would include:
Hali
Bunkley
Bing
McNeill

For later rounds, Brodie Croyle.

Line Judge
03-06-2006, 12:11 PM
After watching the Hali promo on the Pen website -He's the one for me. We need another two pronged attack like Smith - Thomas. After that Bunkley or best DT available. We need a stud-muffin in the middle.

ct
03-06-2006, 12:31 PM
After watching the Hali promo on the Pen website -He's the one for me. We need another two pronged attack like Smith - Thomas. After that Bunkley or best DT available. We need a stud-muffin in the middle.

We really need both. Considering the real possibility this is KC's off-year of FA, they'll both have to come via our current roster or the draft. Raise your hand if you feel confident with that?

DJ's left nut
03-12-2006, 01:11 AM
1) Hali or maybe Kiwi
2) Jennings
3) Bing

And I'd actually probably rather have Bing than Jennings but I think you may be reaching a little taking Bing that high. If it looks like Bing won't fall to the 20th in the 3rd, then I go ahead and try to trade down a little with the 2nd, get a 4th, grab Bing with the first trade down pick and use the third to grab the best CB available and use the extra pick to take the best WR available.

I think DTs are just about the easiest position on the field to find a passable solution for. Guys like Warren and Dalton are constantly out there. You can't have pro bowlers across the board and I think DT is one of the easier spots to make a rotation work and not break the bank.

Frankie
03-12-2006, 01:39 AM
1) Hali or maybe Kiwi
2) Jennings
3) Bing

1) Hali (head and shoulder above Kiwi)
2) Scott (LT- might take a bit of trading up in rd 2)
3) Croyle (QB- We need to start grooming QBOTF)

milkman
03-12-2006, 07:47 AM
1) Hali or maybe Kiwi
2) Jennings
3) Bing

And I'd actually probably rather have Bing than Jennings but I think you may be reaching a little taking Bing that high. If it looks like Bing won't fall to the 20th in the 3rd, then I go ahead and try to trade down a little with the 2nd, get a 4th, grab Bing with the first trade down pick and use the third to grab the best CB available and use the extra pick to take the best WR available.

I think DTs are just about the easiest position on the field to find a passable solution for. Guys like Warren and Dalton are constantly out there. You can't have pro bowlers across the board and I think DT is one of the easier spots to make a rotation work and not break the bank.

Yeah.
DT is such an easy position to fill, that we've only been trying to fill it for 7 years now.

Scrubs like Dalton aren't the answer.

You need a stud in the middle to get a push, get penetration, for the edge rushers to be effective.

Otherwise you just have QBs step up in the pocket to avoid the outside rush.

milkman
03-12-2006, 07:52 AM
My dream pick is Huff. Hands down.

After that, my wish list would include:
Hali
Bunkley
Bing
McNeill

For later rounds, Brodie Croyle.

Huff would be mine, as well.

But there's about a snowball's chance in hell that he'll last till the 20th pick.

Hali and Bunkley are realistic dreams.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2006, 12:00 PM
For the record, we've spent he last 7 years trying to find a competent player at just about every position on the field. Our inability to find a DT had nothing to do with there not being an ample supply of talent and everything to do with a failure to spot it.

You aren't going to get a stud DT in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, or at least it's damn unlikely (there are always outliers). The caliber of DTs drafted in those rounds is more likely to be of Dalton ability. There are about 5 of your 'stud' DTs in the entire league that are able to carry a defensive line on their own, and even that number might be generous.

Ask Ryan Simms if an edge rusher can't make a DT more effective. Peppers made that scrub a ton of money. If you put two effective edge rushers on the ends, you can get by with average talent at the DTs b/c the guards would be forced to chip or the tackles could get antsy, etc... It works in both directions, you can make an average DT better with better DEs and CBs in the same fashion you can make the CBs and DEs better with better interior line play. However, it's much cheaper and easier to find average DTs than it is to find players at glamour positions like CB and DE.

milkman
03-12-2006, 12:22 PM
For the record, we've spent he last 7 years trying to find a competent player at just about every position on the field. Our inability to find a DT had nothing to do with there not being an ample supply of talent and everything to do with a failure to spot it.

You aren't going to get a stud DT in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, or at least it's damn unlikely (there are always outliers). The caliber of DTs drafted in those rounds is more likely to be of Dalton ability. There are about 5 of your 'stud' DTs in the entire league that are able to carry a defensive line on their own, and even that number might be generous.

Ask Ryan Simms if an edge rusher can't make a DT more effective. Peppers made that scrub a ton of money. If you put two effective edge rushers on the ends, you can get by with average talent at the DTs b/c the guards would be forced to chip or the tackles could get antsy, etc... It works in both directions, you can make an average DT better with better DEs and CBs in the same fashion you can make the CBs and DEs better with better interior line play. However, it's much cheaper and easier to find average DTs than it is to find players at glamour positions like CB and DE.

I have always been a proponent of building the defense from inside to the outside.

I think a stud DE can make a difference for the interior, also, but I think it works better the other way around.

I don't believe it's any coincidence that DT and Smith had their best years with Dan Saleamua anchoring the middle of the defensive line.

He, Saleamua is the best DT this team has had since the days of Buck and Curly.

BIG K
03-12-2006, 10:29 PM
I have always been a proponent of building the defense from inside to the outside.

I think a stud DE can make a difference for the interior, also, but I think it works better the other way around.

I don't believe it's any coincidence that DT and Smith had their best years with Dan Saleamua anchoring the middle of the defensive line.

Agreed. The D-line just has not been as consistently formidable year after year since he left. Sal, Simeon, Collins and Washignton all left after 96'. The only one the Chief's made a mistake on, in my humble opinion was Sal.

Johnson&Johnson
03-14-2006, 12:10 AM

I just want to point out ...

How can you leave out our beloved Bill Maas? Big Dan had Maas to tutor him...

melbar
03-21-2006, 10:28 PM
I still cant believe we drafted that POS in the 2nd round. I read some mock drafts having him in the 4th round. WTF?
And we moved down to get him :shake: Thats about right.. :banghead:

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Mario Williams would be a good dream pick

melbar
03-21-2006, 11:06 PM

I loved Sally , but he was mearly Solid till Phillips arrived . Phillips swallowed running lanes up.
That being said , my dream 1st day "dream draft" with a lot of help in the 1st (and realizing theres no way in Hades that Super Mario falls)
1 Huff or Williams CB/S
2 Avant WR
3 Oshinowo DT or Adeyanju DE

milkman
03-22-2006, 10:38 AM
I loved Sally , but he was mearly Solid till Phillips arrived . Phillips swallowed running lanes up.
That being said , my dream 1st day "dream draft" with a lot of help in the 1st (and realizing theres no way in Hades that Super Mario falls)
1 Huff or Williams CB/S
2 Avant WR
3 Oshinowo DT or Adeyanju DE

Saleamua had a lot of quickness for a man of his size, and used that quickness to get penetration up the middle to rush the passer, not allowing QBs to step up into the pocket to avoid the outside pressure of DT and Smith.

No question that Phillips was an anchor in run defense.

melbar
03-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Saleamua had a lot of quickness for a man of his size, and used that quickness to get penetration up the middle to rush the passer, not allowing QBs to step up into the pocket to avoid the outside pressure of DT and Smith.

No question that Phillips was an anchor in run defense.
I was easier to redirect him in the running game before Phillips got there. I just remember our front four going from good to great after Phillips got there.Teams couldnt run through the rush which enabled us to rush Smith, Thomas and Sally more ofter and with greater confidence.

jAZ
04-29-2006, 09:47 PM
1)Tamba Hali

2) Gabe Watson

3) Brodie Croyle
Close.

cdcox
04-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Funny thing about this thread was that in March people were hoping that either Hali or Bunkley would fall to us.

By the time the draft rolled around it was obvious that Bunkley would be gone and many believe #20 was too early for Hali.

These vast swings in player ratings without a single down of football being played.

KChiefs1
04-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Funny thing about this thread was that in March people were hoping that either Hali or Bunkley would fall to us.

By the time the draft rolled around it was obvious that Bunkley would be gone and many believe #20 was too early for Hali.

These vast swings in player ratings without a single down of football being played.

It's interesting how a player can get "hot" all of sudden without playing a down of football.